rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Reflections On The Loss Of Germany's Cultural Legacy

I decided to make this a separate post as I don't want to pollute the European Invasion thread which has already grown to over 300 pages:

As some of you know I spent some time of my early life in Germany - admittedly it was a lifetime ago. Since then quite a lot has changed and as you may imagine much of it has been for the worse, especially in recent years. The country I now read about has little to do with the place I remember from my youth. However it's not what I want to focus on in this thread. Instead I would like to highlight something else, something a lot more concerning, and unfortunately much more permanent. And that is the implications of the permanent loss of German cultural heritage and the genocide of the German people.

It has always saddened me that since WW2 Germany is mainly being associated with the twelve year period that spanned Adolf Hitler's reign and the resulting 3rd Reich. It is a historical dark stain on your country's soul which every German carries for the remainder of his/her life.

However few people around the world realize that before the two world wars and even during the 1920s Germany was rather famous for its art, its classical and contemporary music, its films were groundbreaking (e.g. Fritz Lang), and its cities were extremely rich and beautiful. It also produced many brilliant authors, most of whom have now been forgotten or are considered 'uncool' since they were, well... Germans. I bet that a significant number of you have never heard of Schiller, Goethe, Thomas Mann, Hermann Hesse, Süskind, Brecht, the list goes on and on...

German philosophers basically ruled the 18th and 19th century and had a huge impact on Western culture. Once again the list is long but I'm sure some of you have heard of Kant, Hegel, Marx (yes - he was German - sorry), the existentialist Nietzsche, Leibniz, Wittgenstein, Heidegger, etc. etc.

What truly concerns me is what the world will lose if we are forced to watch Germany being overrun by rabid Islamist fanatics. Quite frankly the thought of that cultural treasure being destroyed and eventually forgotten in time horrifies me. We simply cannot allow for this to happen. In order for Germany to survive - in whatever shape or form we need to assure that its cultural legacy somehow survives.

I leave you with this. It's one of my favorite pieces and if it doesn't touch your soul then you probably don't have one ;-)

"The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."
– Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Even if Germany or other nations go, they do tend to leave a mark on history that can be seen long after they're gone.

Ancient Rome is an obvious example.

I did not read it but I want to do it by time:

http://www.amazon.de/Germany-Memories-Dr...+MacGregor

Germany: Memories of a Nation

Quote:Quote:

From Neil MacGregor, the author of A History of the World in 100 Objects, this is a view of Germany like no otherFor the past 140 years, Germany has been the central power in continental Europe. Twenty-five years ago a new German state came into being. How much do we really understand this new Germany, and how do its people now understand themselves?Neil MacGregor argues that uniquely for any European country, no coherent, over-arching narrative of Germany's history can be constructed, for in Germany both geography and history have always been unstable. Its frontiers have constantly floated. Königsberg, home to the greatest German philosopher, Immanuel Kant, is now Kaliningrad, Russia; Strasbourg, in whose cathedral Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Germany's greatest writer, discovered the distinctiveness of his country's art and history, now lies within the borders of France. For most of the five hundred years covered by this book Germany has been composed of many separate political units, each with a distinct history. And any comfortable national story Germans might have told themselves before 1914 was destroyed by the events of the following thirty years.German history may be inherently fragmented, but it contains a large number of widely shared memories, awarenesses and experiences; examining some of these is the purpose of this book. Beginning with the fifteenth-century invention of modern printing by Gutenberg, MacGregor chooses objects and ideas, people and places which still resonate in the new Germany - porcelain from Dresden and rubble from its ruins, Bauhaus design and the German sausage, the crown of Charlemagne and the gates of Buchenwald - to show us something of its collective imagination. There has never been a book about Germany quite like it.Neil MacGregor has been Director of the British Museum since August 2002. He was Director of the National Gallery in London from 1987 to 2002. His previous books include A History of the World in 100 Objects and Shakespeare's Restless World, now between them translated into more than a dozen languages.

We will stand tall in the sunshine
With the truth upon our side
And if we have to go alone
We'll go alone with pride

For us, these conflicts can be resolved by appeal to the deeply ingrained higher principle embodied in the law, that individuals have the right (within defined limits) to choose how to live. But this Western notion of individualism and tolerance is by no means a conception in all cultures. - Theodore Dalrymple

Thank you, redpillage. It's always uplifting to see some people still appreciating German culture, heritage and what my people have spawned.

Although it's saddening at the same time that most of those who appreciate it aren't Germans themselves. Modern Germans don't realize what they're throwing away.

And since my name is Requiem:

We also had some badass military songs:

Marching song:

On the Heath bloom'd a little Floret, and it is called: Erika.
Warm from a hundred thousand little Beelings, that swarm 'round Erika.
For her Heart is full of Sweetness,
Tender scents stream from her blossom'd Dress.

Back homeward, lives a little blonde Maiden, and she is called: Erika.
This Maid, my true little Darling, and my Good-Luck, Erika.
When the Heather, so lily-red blooms,
Sing I, to greet her, this Song.

In my Chamber, blooms another Floret, and it's called: Erika.
So in the Morningtide, as in Dusk's-Light, it stares to me, Erika.
And then to me, it speaks aloud:
"Thinkst Thou also of thy little Bride?"
Back homeward, a Maiden weeps for you, and she is called Erika.

Funeral song:

I once had a comrade,
you won't find a better one.
The drum was rolling for battle,
he was marching by my side
in the same pace and stride.

A bullet flew towards us
meant for you or for me?
It did tear him away,
he lies at my feet
like he was a part of me.

He wants to reach his hand to me,
while I'm just reloading my gun.
"Can't give you my hand for now,
you rest in eternal life
My good comrade!"

They are still singing the funeral song, but nowadays they leave out the last verse. "Why?" you ask? Because it is "too militant". - I won't even comment on that.

Quote: (03-01-2016 10:18 AM)Requiem Wrote:  

We also had some badass military songs:

I agree.

Trump is playing chess while Soros is playing checkers, and the other cucks are off playing Candyland at Jeb's house. - iop890

Germans have always been among my favorite engineers and problem solvers.

Perhaps one of my favorites was the way they chose to cool cities down in summer times. The baechle is essentially tiny canals that help divert rivers through the city. It takes some of the water from the major river, and sends it street side through the center.

As we all know, moving water is cool and helps cool the surrounding cobbles as well as giving people a place to cool their feet. All things that help make life more comfortable.

Germans have given back to each other so much over the centuries. They work hard together, for each other. Knowing that they all gain from this.

[Image: baechle2-080628.jpg]

[Image: Baechle.jpg]

As for me,seems I've helped to hatch what will apparently be a little german embryio.
If worse comes to the worst,it'll be sad to tell it the tales of the great exponents of his mum's lost culture...

We move between light and shadow, mutually influencing and being influenced through shades of gray...

Quote: (03-01-2016 12:59 PM)El_Gostro Wrote:  

As for me,seems I've helped to hatch what will apparently be a little german embryio.
If worse comes to the worst,it'll be sad to tell it the tales of the great exponents of his mum's lost culture...

Congratulations are in order!! Have a cigar! I can totally see how you must be sitting between a rock and hard place. Focus on the positive sides and keep him away from the Islamic contagion as long as possible. You may have to teach him another language early however. I recommend you decide where your family may want to escape to and then hire a nanny that speaks that language. Not only are you going to make pertinent contacts in that country this way but your son will be able to escape to a safer Christian nation if push comes to shove.

"The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."
– Lt. Col. Dave Grossman