rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best Websites to Buy Plane Tickets?

I usually use Decolar.com , but I'm wondering if there is any American/European website where I can get cheaper flights paying in USD or Euro?

Tks

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Check out http://www.hipmunk.com - has a clean interface and lots of little tricks to make search easier once you get the hang of it.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

travelsupermarket.com its an UK based site but it compares the prices of all airlines and it gives you the best deal. I always use it to buy my tickets, but i never buy it directly from that site, i go to the airline website and book it from there and spend a bit less.

Don't know but everytime I'm looking for a plane ticket I try expedia, travelocity, kayak, etc. and the cheapest place is always buying directly from the airline.[Image: huh.gif]

skyscanner.com has consistently given me the lowest prices compared to the more mainstream sites since it also scans budget airlines such as EasyJet and WizzAir.

What about Low Cost airlines in Europe ? I know Ryan Air and thas it..

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Quote: (07-01-2011 07:56 PM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

easyjet, vueling, air baltic, air berlin, transavia, wizzair, nas air, condor.

I also recommend skyscanner. Has helped me greatly in the past. Hipmunk is not bad either, but so far the deals were usually not as good and I do no find it as intuitive. What I also find good that you can look for any destination within your budget etc., many sites do not allow this open search.

Kayak is good. If you're traveling around Asia then try AirAsia.com. Check Airasia for a few days before buying though... if you catch one of their promotions it's really cheap.

Cebupacific is cheap if you wanna fly to the Philippines.
Airbangkok or ThaiAir can be cheap if you're traveling around S.E. Asia

Don't fly Continental.. they are AWFUL... although they usually have pretty cheap flights around the states. Flights are cheap, but they also charge an extra $25 per bag, so it balances out the cheap cost of the flight..

Jetblue is pretty cheap if you are flying withing the US

I just checked kayak.com and realized how expensive flights are now to Europe and Brazil. Round trip tickets from the U.S. to Rio are going for $800-$900. I want to go to Barcelona at the end of the summer but the tickets I'm seeing are around $800. I checked a couple months ago and tickets were $500 tops and this girl I dated from Brazil is doing her masters program there and sent me a link that had tickets for around $350 a couple months ago. I remember seeing round trip tickets to brasil last year for around $550.

Quote: (06-30-2011 08:59 AM)Caligula Wrote:  

Check out http://www.hipmunk.com - has a clean interface and lots of little tricks to make search easier once you get the hang of it.
that site is really cool I kinda like it
Quote: (07-01-2011 10:10 PM)bars Wrote:  

Quote: (07-01-2011 07:56 PM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

easyjet, vueling, air baltic, air berlin, transavia, wizzair, nas air, condor.

Yeah, I also use spirit when traveling in the states. Sometimes the fares are about $80 it's really cheap.
Oh, and haven't used southwest, but it's really cheap too.

I've been looking at the Spirit airways website. They have some really good deals on tickets. I'm thinking of maybe traveling to Bogota for a week towards the end of August since I saw round trip tickets for $193. I also saw some tickets to Santo Domingo, DR for even less. I was wondering if it is one of those budget airlines that has cheap flights but they charge you a hefty amount to check a bag onto the plane?

Quote: (07-25-2011 05:58 PM)Tony Snow25 Wrote:  

I've been looking at the Spirit airways website. They have some really good deals on tickets. I'm thinking of maybe traveling to Bogota for a week towards the end of August since I saw round trip tickets for $193. I also saw some tickets to Santo Domingo, DR for even less. I was wondering if it is one of those budget airlines that has cheap flights but they charge you a hefty amount to check a bag onto the plane?

I fly regularly with spirit and haven't had any problem. It is a budget airline, so don't expect free wi-fi and huge legroom. But that isn't so important to me.

I am looking for a flight to Africa from Toronto. All these sites in this thread are not showing anything to write home to mum about.
Their quotes are all at 2grand and rising. So far, what I have seen is running me at around 1600. Does anyone know any good sites for flights FROM Toronto? I am going to West Africa and don't ask what country, prepare for the surprise in the ensuing data sheet.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (06-30-2011 01:58 PM)Pete Wrote:  

Don't know but everytime I'm looking for a plane ticket I try expedia, travelocity, kayak, etc. and the cheapest place is always buying directly from the airline.[Image: huh.gif]

My experience as well. I've yet to find an advantage using expedia, kayak, or sidestep.

Quote: (09-09-2011 11:06 AM)PDX Wrote:  

Quote: (06-30-2011 01:58 PM)Pete Wrote:  

My experience as well. I've yet to find an advantage using expedia, kayak, or sidestep.

I use the Kayaks or Expedias since they have mutliple airlines and I can see the prices quicker. Plus Kayak gives the TOTAL price in the results. Many of the airline-specific websites give the pre-tax/pre-fee price.

...then after I find what I want on Kayak, I go the the airline's website to purchase.

I use matrix.itasoftware.com to do general searches (you can do cool stuff like a month to month search from one set of airports to another set of airports, lets you find 'the cheapest ticket to europe from my state' and other cool shit like that and separate searches on low cost carriers that don't list on the aggregators. I then put the best looking times into hipmunk.com to determine the least agonizing flight around that time. AirAsia is great in SE-Asia, and they have insane promos all the time. Southwest in North America have some small airport to small airport flights that could save you a lot of time, like San Jose -> Burbank if you live close to San Jose and want to vist people in North LA, etc and they don't show up in the search aggregators. Ryanair/easyjet for europe, etc. Air Transat also doesn't show up in aggregators and you can get some pretty sweet deals from them too (north america to europe and south america).

Quote: (06-30-2011 08:59 AM)Caligula Wrote:  

Hipmunk...I just tried it and liked it. Use Hipmunk with Kayak, and it will cut out a lot of time in your search. I like this a lot better than the sites that open up several windows at the same time from different sites.

i used http://www.edreams.com to book 4 tickets at the end of the year. Pretty cheap !

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

cheaptickets.com
from there you can find what airlines they use for the route you want and then just go to that airlines website and get likely the cheapest possible flight for your specific route by going directly to the airline website

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Priceline - Name Your Own Price.

Quote: (10-02-2012 05:03 PM)Pete Wrote:  

Priceline - Name your Own Price.

For hotels yes, for plane tickets it's shitty. you can get shafted with lousy connections and transfers when using it for minimal saving.

I've always used selloffvacations and redtag flights.

For long haul upfront you are always better off finding a miles broker if you really have any interest in getting value. Anybody can do online searching, but this mentality only serves corporate interests. In thirty years of travelling I have never regretted using an expert for this service.

Flights.google.com the interface is Legendary.