rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Salzburg, Austria datasheet

Salzburg, Austria Datasheet

Salzburg is touristy, but definitely not known as a destination for gaming chicks. But since it´s my hometown and I still live here, I thought about writing down a datasheet for every player who wants to visit and try his luck in the city of Mozart.

Game/Women:

You can find a variety of chicks here, they differ greatly in both looks and attitude. Though Salzburg isn´t a student city like Innsbruck or Graz and can´t compete with Vienna when it comes to chicks, you can find some lookers with feminine personalities here. I would say that the attitudes can vary greatly and you can find everything from a sweet and feminine girl to a typically SJW/grrrl power/freakshow chick that you would find in the Anglosphere. Even though the student population isn´t that prominent, Salzburg has a couple of Universities and a decent-sized student population. Many would-be students move to the city from rural parts of the state of Salzburg and especially neighbouring Upper Austria. Many other students also come from various places in Germany. If you come here for a short period of time, your experiences may vary, depending on who you run into.

Venues for Going Out/Nightgame:

For a small city, Salzburg has decent nightlife, so for a short trip it should be ok. If you live here longer, it can get boring. One of the main nightlife areas is in the centre/old town (“Altstadt” in German) of Salzburg. The “Rudolfskai” is one part of this nightlife area with about 15 bars and clubs. It´s located in the middle of the city right next to the river Salzach. Clubs there vary, I can recommend the following venues.

Shamrock (Rudolfskai 12)

An Irish pub which is always crowded on weekends and sometimes on Wednesdays or Thursdays also. This place can get really packed and has live music on most days. The quality of chicks here varies greatly, you can find ugly and fat alternative chicks who don´t even get dressed up for going out. But you can find some lookers here, too. This place can be a sausage fest, but most guys are no competition and just get drunk and either don´t approach at all or just make clumsy drunk approaches. If you are going solo dolo here, it doesn´t really attract attention, because you can pretend to watch the live music and try to make some approaches. One advantage is that even though it can be loud from either the live band or the music they are playing, you can still hold a decent conversation here. Has a few different bars and a bigger place in front of the stage where you can try some “dance” game on some drunk chicks. No entry fee and the bouncers usually let you in without hassle. It can be a bit annoying when some drunk guys start some shit with you or trying to start a convo with you, but otherwise it´s a good venue. Age can vary and you also find some older washed-up cat ladies here, but mainly 18-30 year old chicks. No entry.

O´Mailleys (Rudolfskai 16)

Just a few steps away from Shamrock, it´s very similar to this bar. It´s also an Irish pub and has the same owner as the Shamrock, also has the same drink menu. The vibe is also very similar, but there is no live music. It can also be packed, especially on the weekends. You can also find some hotties here. Also a good place for running conventional conversation-based game. Age range and customers are basically the same as in Shamrock. You can find many American, English, and International girls in the Irish pubs. Bouncers are usually chilled and let you in, unless it´s too packed. No entry.

City Alm (Rudolfskai 26)

Only a few minutes away from Shamrock and O´Mailleys, this place is a venue which has a “Apres-Ski” vibe, similar of what you would find in some Austrian skiing resorts. The mainly play German and Austrian “Schlager” party music. It´s a place with quite young chicks on average. Bouncers are usually ok, normally no entry unless it´s a special event.

Pepe-Cocktailbar (Steingasse 3)

This venue is located on the other side of the Salzach river just across the bridge, only a few minutes from the above-mentioned bars. It´s a quieter, more chill venue where most people sit. You can also find some hot chicks here and run some again. More up-scale than the Irish pubs mentioned before. No bouncers, no entry.

Watzman (Giselakai 17A)

Near Pepe, directly next to the Salzach river. It´s a club which can get ridicously crowded on weekends. It can be an ok venue with some hotties. No entry, expensive.

Alchimiste Belge (Bergstraße 20)

This venue is located on the same side of the Salzach river as “Pepe”. Just go uphill along the “Linzer Gasse” and turn left to the “Bergstraße”. It´s a place which serves many different sorts of beer and good venues to begin your night. Attracts mostly alternative and below-average chicks, but sometimes you can find some hotties. This is a chill place where people go in groups, so it´s not an ideal venue for running game, but a good spot for warming up at the beginning of the night. Beware of some beers which are way stronger than average and don´t get too drunk! [Image: smile.gif] Right across the street, you can find another bar which belongs to the Alchemiste Belge. No bouncers, no entry.

Schnaitl Pub (Bergstraße 5-7)

This venue is for you if you like Rock and Metal music. Attracts mostly this audience. Metal chicks vary from sub-par to stunning, just try your luck. Also has a billiard table, so you can have some fun with a buddy or involve it in your game. You can run normal conversational game here. No bouncers, no entry.

Half Moon (Gstättengasse 4-6)

This venues is a club and it can get really loud here, so concentrate on dance game. Chicks here are dolled up. Unfortunately, this club only has a small dancefloor and people pass through the dance floor to the other part of the club, which can be a bit annoying. Other than that, I would say it´s one of the better clubs in Salzburg. Bouncers are usually ok, sometimes you don´t get in unless you wear a dress shirt and dress shoes or when it´s packed. Drinks are quite expensive.

Republic (Anton-Neumayr-Platz 2)

This venue is just across Half Moon. It´s used as a restaurant and café during daytime and a club in the night. It´s not that special on a normal night and generally plays shitty music, but you can find some hot chicks there. Concentrate on dancing, because it is usually quite loud. However, there are sometimes student clubbings and 80s/90s clubbing in this venue. On this occasions, they open a bigger hall and the place is really packed. I can especially recommend the student clubbing called “Kult clubbing”, the place is full with student-age chicks then. 80s/90s clubbing is good too, but you would also find some older, washed-up chicks. On a normal night, Half Moon and to a lesser degree, Take Five, are better. Bouncers are ok, there are sometimes events where you have to pay a fee, but in my opinion, it´s not really worth it, unless at the above-mentioned events. Expensive.

Take Five (Gstättengasse 7)

Another club right next to the Republic and the Half Moon. More upscale, attracts some hot chicks and gold diggers. Mostly rich guys there. Bouncers are usually ok, but you have to wear dress shoes and a dress shirt. I don´t like that much, but I can be a decent venue. Drinks are very expensive.

Flip (Gsättengasse 17)

Located right next too Half Moon, Republic, and Take Five. It´s a bar and has a vibe similar to the Irish Pubs mentioned before. Attracts a mixed audience, also some alternative chicks and weirdos. However, you can also definitely find some bangable bitches.

Soda Club (Gsättengasse 17)

Right next to Flip. Another club, but it has different parts where you can run normal game, too. Attracts a young audience, definitely some hot chicks in there. Bouncers are ok, normally no entry. Drinks can be expensive.

All the venues mentioned so far are located in the center of Salzburg and all of them within walking distance of each other,10-15 minutes. There is also another nightlife center outside the center in the Wals municipality. For a short visit, you have more than enough possible venues in the old town, so I would generally advice you to stay in that part of the city to save a cab ride. Outside of the center, I can recommend the two following venues.

Partymaus (Kinostraße 13, Wals near Salzburg)

This place has a vibe similar to the City Alm, mentioned above and they also play “Schlager” party music. However, there are mostly older chicks, 25+. It can be a good venue, but nothing special. There is an entry, about 5 €.

Nightrow (Kinostraße 13, Wals near Salzburg)

Located in the same building as the Partymaus, this place attracts really young chicks (16+) It´s a club, most people go there to get completely trashed. It´s worth a visit if you like clubs. There is normally also a small entry fee.

Those would be the venues I recommend on a typical weekend. Sometimes, there are also student parties at the event location Loft (Müllner Hauptstrasse 1, not far from Half Moon, Take Five, Republic etc. ) or the Unipark Nonntal (Erzabt-Klotz-Straße 1, a little bit outside of the center, but still within walking distance), which is a faculty of the University. I will describe this venue below because it´s a good spot for running some day game on students. You can look for flyers or posters about different events here and know if there´s s special student party going on. It´s also a good idea to just ask students there about current events, you could of course also use it as a good opener if you run indirect game.

Another venue which has good events sometimes is Die Weiße (Rupertgase 10) a bit east of the center. I wouldn´t recommend it on a typical weekend, but sometimes they have so-called “Trachtenclubbings” which means it´s a party where many people wear traditional Austrian costumes, girls wear the “Dirndl”. Similar to Oktoberfest on a much smaller scale. It also has a good party event during carnival season (“Fasching”) in february. Attracts a mixed audience, you can also find some MILFS.

My favorite venues for going out are the two Irish pubs Shamrock and O´Mailleys and the Half Moon club.

During summer and early autumn, you can find some events in the surrounding villages which are called “Bierzelt” or “Zeltfest” (literally beer-tent or tent party), there you can find mostly rural girls, it has a similar vibe to the Oktoberfest in Munich, just much smaller. During one week in mid-or late-september, there´s an event called Rupertikirtag in the old town in Salzburg, which also has a similar vibe. It´s a fair and also has different tents and opportunities to meet some chicks wearing “Dirndl”. In May, you can find a similar event on the Messegelände a little bit outside of the center which is called Dult. Both events last about one week. From mid-november until a few days after Christmas, you can find a Christmas Market in the old town. You can buy various things here, be sure to check out “Glühwein”, a type of hot mulled wine or a hot punch. Many couples come here and it´s not an ideal place for gaming, but sometimes you also find groups of single girls. Another good possibility for game in the wintertime are so-called Krampus-parties. Maybe you have heard about this old tradition, where people dress up as krampus and saint Nicholas and roam the streets, the people dressed as krampus also beat bystanders with birch twigs. These events typically take place in late november and early december, you also can find some cute girls there. Just check out the events on the Internet if you´re planning to go. One of the best events is in neighbouring village Anif.

Recommended day game spots:

Like just mentioned, I would recommend the Unipark as one of the best day game spots in Salzburg. Girls usually have their guard down and can be receptive. To a lesser degree, you could also try the other faculties of the University for some day game, but Unipark is your best bet.
You can also run some day game in the different squares and streets of the old town (Domplatz, Residenzplatz, Mozartplatz, Getreidegasse, and adjacent streets). However, you find many tourists and tourist couples here, so I would say the Unipark is better because you have your targets pre-selected (young students)

Another good venue for day game is the shopping center Europark (Europastrasse 1) outside the center. You can reach it via train from the main railway station or via bus. Another good shopping center is the Shopping Arena (Alpenstrasse 107) in the south of Salzburg, you can also reach it via bus.

During the summer, another good spot to run day game or “beach” game is the open-air lake Waldbad Anif near the city. On a warm and sunny day, you can typically find quite a few hotties there.

For dates, i would generally recommend you start in one of the various cafés in the old town and then venue change into one of the pubs or bars mentioned above. If you like, you can also take your date to one of the clubs and dance.

Things to do besides gaming:

Besides gaming, also has many things to offer. Take a stroll through the old town and enjoy the great architecture, maybe sit down in on of the many cafés and then visit the city-hill Mönchsberg for a beautiful view of the city. You could also visit the mountain Gaisberg east of the city for a great view. You can also visit the Festung (fortress)in the city, either by foot or by cable car. Salzburg is well-known because it´s the birthplace of classical composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Visit his birthplace (Mozarts Geburtshaus, Getreidegasse 9) and his living place (Mozarts Wohnhaus, Makartplatz 8) if you are interested. You can find another tourist attraction in the west of the city, it´s a castle called Schloss Leopoldskron and is located right next to a beautiful small lake. Take the Sound of Music tour if you are interested in the history of this movie. If you´re interested in the histoy of the Nazi Era, you can visit the documentation center Dokumentation Obersalzberg in neighbouring Bavaria, just across the border. The Obersalzberg was one of Hitler´s residences which he often used during WW II. If you are into hiking, the possibilities near Salzburg are endless and too much to list here. You can also find many different options for skiing or snowboarding near the city, but the entry prices for skiing are quite expensive.
You are free to send me a PM if you are interested and I can recommend you some great hiking routes and skiing possibilities.
Another good option for leisure time if come here during the summer are the lakes near the city, for example the lakes Mondsee, Attersee, Wolfgangsee, or Traunsee.
If you are interested in lifting some weights, just contact me and I can bring you in a non-mainstream gym for free.

Some restaurant recommendations:

L´osteria (Dreifaltigkeitsgasse 10)

A good Italian restaurant with excellent and huge pizzas and great pasta. It´s usually very crowded on evenings, so it´s ideal if you make an reservation in advance.

Raschhofer (2 different restaurant Alpenstrasse 48 and shopping center Europark)

A good option if you want to try out some traditional Austrian meals like Schnitzel or Schweinsbraten and try some good Austrian beer. Also advisable to make a reservation, especially for evening visits.

Zwettler (Kaigasse 3)

Another good option for traditional Austrian food, located right in the center of the city in the old town.

Maredo (Judengasse 5)

Also located in the old town. Good steakhouse with a salad buffet and good lunchtime special offers.

Lemon Chilli (Nonntaler Hauptstrasse 24)

Another good steak house and Mexican-themed restaurant near the Unipark.

Ristorante Magno (Alpenstrasse 112)

Another good Italian restaurant in the south of the city.

Steakhouse Santa Fe (Wiener Bundesstrasse 7)
Another good option if you want a big steak, though it´s located quite a bit outside of the center. Quite expensive.

You can also find different Asian restaurants with all-you-can-eat offers, for example
Asia Kitchen, Huy, or World of Asia.

English knowledge among the population is good, so that shouldn´t be a problem. For accomodation i would generally recommend you find a AirBnB place in the old town near the nightlife area, so you can invite chicks to your place and BANG. [Image: smile.gif]

I hope my datasheet is helpful. If you want to come here and game, you´re welcome to PM me.

Austrian! That's a superb data sheet. Ausgezeichnet. I'd rep you again if I could.

Looking forward to seeing you in Salzburg (and Vienna) in late 2016!

Quote: (12-17-2015 06:57 AM)Austrian Wrote:  

Salzburg, Austria Datasheet

Salzburg is touristy, but definitely not known as a destination for gaming chicks. But since it´s my hometown and I still live here, I thought about writing down a datasheet for every player who wants to visit and try his luck in the city of Mozart.

Game/Women:

You can find a variety of chicks here, they differ greatly in both looks and attitude. Though Salzburg isn´t a student city like Innsbruck or Graz and can´t compete with Vienna when it comes to chicks, you can find some lookers with feminine personalities here. I would say that the attitudes can vary greatly and you can find everything from a sweet and feminine girl to a typically SJW/grrrl power/freakshow chick that you would find in the Anglosphere. Even though the student population isn´t that prominent, Salzburg has a couple of Universities and a decent-sized student population. Many would-be students move to the city from rural parts of the state of Salzburg and especially neighbouring Upper Austria. Many other students also come from various places in Germany. If you come here for a short period of time, your experiences may vary, depending on who you run into.

Venues for Going Out/Nightgame:

For a small city, Salzburg has decent nightlife, so for a short trip it should be ok. If you live here longer, it can get boring. One of the main nightlife areas is in the centre/old town (“Altstadt” in German) of Salzburg. The “Rudolfskai” is one part of this nightlife area with about 15 bars and clubs. It´s located in the middle of the city right next to the river Salzach. Clubs there vary, I can recommend the following venues.

Shamrock (Rudolfskai 12)

An Irish pub which is always crowded on weekends and sometimes on Wednesdays or Thursdays also. This place can get really packed and has live music on most days. The quality of chicks here varies greatly, you can find ugly and fat alternative chicks who don´t even get dressed up for going out. But you can find some lookers here, too. This place can be a sausage fest, but most guys are no competition and just get drunk and either don´t approach at all or just make clumsy drunk approaches. If you are going solo dolo here, it doesn´t really attract attention, because you can pretend to watch the live music and try to make some approaches. One advantage is that even though it can be loud from either the live band or the music they are playing, you can still hold a decent conversation here. Has a few different bars and a bigger place in front of the stage where you can try some “dance” game on some drunk chicks. No entry fee and the bouncers usually let you in without hassle. It can be a bit annoying when some drunk guys start some shit with you or trying to start a convo with you, but otherwise it´s a good venue. Age can vary and you also find some older washed-up cat ladies here, but mainly 18-30 year old chicks. No entry.

O´Mailleys (Rudolfskai 16)

Just a few steps away from Shamrock, it´s very similar to this bar. It´s also an Irish pub and has the same owner as the Shamrock, also has the same drink menu. The vibe is also very similar, but there is no live music. It can also be packed, especially on the weekends. You can also find some hotties here. Also a good place for running conventional conversation-based game. Age range and customers are basically the same as in Shamrock. You can find many American, English, and International girls in the Irish pubs. Bouncers are usually chilled and let you in, unless it´s too packed. No entry.

City Alm (Rudolfskai 26)

Only a few minutes away from Shamrock and O´Mailleys, this place is a venue which has a “Apres-Ski” vibe, similar of what you would find in some Austrian skiing resorts. The mainly play German and Austrian “Schlager” party music. It´s a place with quite young chicks on average. Bouncers are usually ok, normally no entry unless it´s a special event.

Pepe-Cocktailbar (Steingasse 3)

This venue is located on the other side of the Salzach river just across the bridge, only a few minutes from the above-mentioned bars. It´s a quieter, more chill venue where most people sit. You can also find some hot chicks here and run some again. More up-scale than the Irish pubs mentioned before. No bouncers, no entry.

Watzman (Giselakai 17A)

Near Pepe, directly next to the Salzach river. It´s a club which can get ridicously crowded on weekends. It can be an ok venue with some hotties. No entry, expensive.

Alchimiste Belge (Bergstraße 20)

This venue is located on the same side of the Salzach river as “Pepe”. Just go uphill along the “Linzer Gasse” and turn left to the “Bergstraße”. It´s a place which serves many different sorts of beer and good venues to begin your night. Attracts mostly alternative and below-average chicks, but sometimes you can find some hotties. This is a chill place where people go in groups, so it´s not an ideal venue for running game, but a good spot for warming up at the beginning of the night. Beware of some beers which are way stronger than average and don´t get too drunk! [Image: smile.gif] Right across the street, you can find another bar which belongs to the Alchemiste Belge. No bouncers, no entry.

Schnaitl Pub (Bergstraße 5-7)

This venue is for you if you like Rock and Metal music. Attracts mostly this audience. Metal chicks vary from sub-par to stunning, just try your luck. Also has a billiard table, so you can have some fun with a buddy or involve it in your game. You can run normal conversational game here. No bouncers, no entry.

Half Moon (Gstättengasse 4-6)

This venues is a club and it can get really loud here, so concentrate on dance game. Chicks here are dolled up. Unfortunately, this club only has a small dancefloor and people pass through the dance floor to the other part of the club, which can be a bit annoying. Other than that, I would say it´s one of the better clubs in Salzburg. Bouncers are usually ok, sometimes you don´t get in unless you wear a dress shirt and dress shoes or when it´s packed. Drinks are quite expensive.

Republic (Anton-Neumayr-Platz 2)

This venue is just across Half Moon. It´s used as a restaurant and café during daytime and a club in the night. It´s not that special on a normal night and generally plays shitty music, but you can find some hot chicks there. Concentrate on dancing, because it is usually quite loud. However, there are sometimes student clubbings and 80s/90s clubbing in this venue. On this occasions, they open a bigger hall and the place is really packed. I can especially recommend the student clubbing called “Kult clubbing”, the place is full with student-age chicks then. 80s/90s clubbing is good too, but you would also find some older, washed-up chicks. On a normal night, Half Moon and to a lesser degree, Take Five, are better. Bouncers are ok, there are sometimes events where you have to pay a fee, but in my opinion, it´s not really worth it, unless at the above-mentioned events. Expensive.

Take Five (Gstättengasse 7)

Another club right next to the Republic and the Half Moon. More upscale, attracts some hot chicks and gold diggers. Mostly rich guys there. Bouncers are usually ok, but you have to wear dress shoes and a dress shirt. I don´t like that much, but I can be a decent venue. Drinks are very expensive.

Flip (Gsättengasse 17)

Located right next too Half Moon, Republic, and Take Five. It´s a bar and has a vibe similar to the Irish Pubs mentioned before. Attracts a mixed audience, also some alternative chicks and weirdos. However, you can also definitely find some bangable bitches.

Soda Club (Gsättengasse 17)

Right next to Flip. Another club, but it has different parts where you can run normal game, too. Attracts a young audience, definitely some hot chicks in there. Bouncers are ok, normally no entry. Drinks can be expensive.

All the venues mentioned so far are located in the center of Salzburg and all of them within walking distance of each other,10-15 minutes. There is also another nightlife center outside the center in the Wals municipality. For a short visit, you have more than enough possible venues in the old town, so I would generally advice you to stay in that part of the city to save a cab ride. Outside of the center, I can recommend the two following venues.

Partymaus (Kinostraße 13, Wals near Salzburg)

This place has a vibe similar to the City Alm, mentioned above and they also play “Schlager” party music. However, there are mostly older chicks, 25+. It can be a good venue, but nothing special. There is an entry, about 5 €.

Nightrow (Kinostraße 13, Wals near Salzburg)

Located in the same building as the Partymaus, this place attracts really young chicks (16+) It´s a club, most people go there to get completely trashed. It´s worth a visit if you like clubs. There is normally also a small entry fee.

Those would be the venues I recommend on a typical weekend. Sometimes, there are also student parties at the event location Loft (Müllner Hauptstrasse 1, not far from Half Moon, Take Five, Republic etc. ) or the Unipark Nonntal (Erzabt-Klotz-Straße 1, a little bit outside of the center, but still within walking distance), which is a faculty of the University. I will describe this venue below because it´s a good spot for running some day game on students. You can look for flyers or posters about different events here and know if there´s s special student party going on. It´s also a good idea to just ask students there about current events, you could of course also use it as a good opener if you run indirect game.

Another venue which has good events sometimes is Die Weiße (Rupertgase 10) a bit east of the center. I wouldn´t recommend it on a typical weekend, but sometimes they have so-called “Trachtenclubbings” which means it´s a party where many people wear traditional Austrian costumes, girls wear the “Dirndl”. Similar to Oktoberfest on a much smaller scale. It also has a good party event during carnival season (“Fasching”) in february. Attracts a mixed audience, you can also find some MILFS.

My favorite venues for going out are the two Irish pubs Shamrock and O´Mailleys and the Half Moon club.

During summer and early autumn, you can find some events in the surrounding villages which are called “Bierzelt” or “Zeltfest” (literally beer-tent or tent party), there you can find mostly rural girls, it has a similar vibe to the Oktoberfest in Munich, just much smaller. During one week in mid-or late-september, there´s an event called Rupertikirtag in the old town in Salzburg, which also has a similar vibe. It´s a fair and also has different tents and opportunities to meet some chicks wearing “Dirndl”. In May, you can find a similar event on the Messegelände a little bit outside of the center which is called Dult. Both events last about one week. From mid-november until a few days after Christmas, you can find a Christmas Market in the old town. You can buy various things here, be sure to check out “Glühwein”, a type of hot mulled wine or a hot punch. Many couples come here and it´s not an ideal place for gaming, but sometimes you also find groups of single girls. Another good possibility for game in the wintertime are so-called Krampus-parties. Maybe you have heard about this old tradition, where people dress up as krampus and saint Nicholas and roam the streets, the people dressed as krampus also beat bystanders with birch twigs. These events typically take place in late november and early december, you also can find some cute girls there. Just check out the events on the Internet if you´re planning to go. One of the best events is in neighbouring village Anif.

Recommended day game spots:

Like just mentioned, I would recommend the Unipark as one of the best day game spots in Salzburg. Girls usually have their guard down and can be receptive. To a lesser degree, you could also try the other faculties of the University for some day game, but Unipark is your best bet.
You can also run some day game in the different squares and streets of the old town (Domplatz, Residenzplatz, Mozartplatz, Getreidegasse, and adjacent streets). However, you find many tourists and tourist couples here, so I would say the Unipark is better because you have your targets pre-selected (young students)

Another good venue for day game is the shopping center Europark (Europastrasse 1) outside the center. You can reach it via train from the main railway station or via bus. Another good shopping center is the Shopping Arena (Alpenstrasse 107) in the south of Salzburg, you can also reach it via bus.

During the summer, another good spot to run day game or “beach” game is the open-air lake Waldbad Anif near the city. On a warm and sunny day, you can typically find quite a few hotties there.

For dates, i would generally recommend you start in one of the various cafés in the old town and then venue change into one of the pubs or bars mentioned above. If you like, you can also take your date to one of the clubs and dance.

Things to do besides gaming:

Besides gaming, also has many things to offer. Take a stroll through the old town and enjoy the great architecture, maybe sit down in on of the many cafés and then visit the city-hill Mönchsberg for a beautiful view of the city. You could also visit the mountain Gaisberg east of the city for a great view. You can also visit the Festung (fortress)in the city, either by foot or by cable car. Salzburg is well-known because it´s the birthplace of classical composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Visit his birthplace (Mozarts Geburtshaus, Getreidegasse 9) and his living place (Mozarts Wohnhaus, Makartplatz 8) if you are interested. You can find another tourist attraction in the west of the city, it´s a castle called Schloss Leopoldskron and is located right next to a beautiful small lake. Take the Sound of Music tour if you are interested in the history of this movie. If you´re interested in the histoy of the Nazi Era, you can visit the documentation center Dokumentation Obersalzberg in neighbouring Bavaria, just across the border. The Obersalzberg was one of Hitler´s residences which he often used during WW II. If you are into hiking, the possibilities near Salzburg are endless and too much to list here. You can also find many different options for skiing or snowboarding near the city, but the entry prices for skiing are quite expensive.
You are free to send me a PM if you are interested and I can recommend you some great hiking routes and skiing possibilities.
Another good option for leisure time if come here during the summer are the lakes near the city, for example the lakes Mondsee, Attersee, Wolfgangsee, or Traunsee.
If you are interested in lifting some weights, just contact me and I can bring you in a non-mainstream gym for free.

Some restaurant recommendations:

L´osteria (Dreifaltigkeitsgasse 10)

A good Italian restaurant with excellent and huge pizzas and great pasta. It´s usually very crowded on evenings, so it´s ideal if you make an reservation in advance.

Raschhofer (2 different restaurant Alpenstrasse 48 and shopping center Europark)

A good option if you want to try out some traditional Austrian meals like Schnitzel or Schweinsbraten and try some good Austrian beer. Also advisable to make a reservation, especially for evening visits.

Zwettler (Kaigasse 3)

Another good option for traditional Austrian food, located right in the center of the city in the old town.

Maredo (Judengasse 5)

Also located in the old town. Good steakhouse with a salad buffet and good lunchtime special offers.

Lemon Chilli (Nonntaler Hauptstrasse 24)

Another good steak house and Mexican-themed restaurant near the Unipark.

Ristorante Magno (Alpenstrasse 112)

Another good Italian restaurant in the south of the city.

Steakhouse Santa Fe (Wiener Bundesstrasse 7)
Another good option if you want a big steak, though it´s located quite a bit outside of the center. Quite expensive.

You can also find different Asian restaurants with all-you-can-eat offers, for example
Asia Kitchen, Huy, or World of Asia.

English knowledge among the population is good, so that shouldn´t be a problem. For accomodation i would generally recommend you find a AirBnB place in the old town near the nightlife area, so you can invite chicks to your place and BANG. [Image: smile.gif]

I hope my datasheet is helpful. If you want to come here and game, you´re welcome to PM me.

So how would you compare the average Austrian woman to those of, say, the UK? Are they as aversive to male contact as they are in the Anglosphere?

And what is the level of thirst in Austria, e.g. as compared to the UK?

Awesome, one of my favorite cities in Europe.

Alchemiste Belge.... I stop here before I even drop my bags off. Its run by a good buddy of mine, these guys know how to party.

I cant wait to get back, get on the KTM's and go for some rides!

@Feldeinsamkeit: I don´t have any gaming experience in the U.K. or other Anglosphere countries, except of Ireland, so I´m speaking from personal experiences I had with Anglosphere chicks here in Salzburg or other parts of Central and Eastern Europe or Scandinavia. I had mixed encounters with Anglo chicks, though not nearly as bad as you describe the situation in England in some of your threads and posts.

To answer your question: I would say, one average, Austrian women are much more pleasant than their British counterparts that you described in your posts. They are not really aversive to male contact at all and most of them aren´t overly entitled or bitchy. Obesity isn´t a big (pun intended) problem here, I would say maybe 5-10 at most % of chicks are morbidly obese, but most girls are thin or average (maybe a few pounds too much, but not fat). As a result, the dating market is better here also in comparison. Thirst is not really that much of a problem at all here.

To add to my post: Bitchy, obnoxious and entitled girls (locals) exist here, but they are not the norm.

Quote: (12-18-2015 12:27 PM)Austrian Wrote:  

To add to my post: Bitchy, obnoxious and entitled girls (locals) exist here, but they are not the norm.

Cheers for that info, Austrian - it's much appreciated. I've noticed on various forms of Austrian TV media, such as internet uploads from local TV channels, that some of the women have an Anglo-like scowl and seeming haughtiness to their faces, although I've also seen others that seem much warmer and empathic, so I've been quite confused on this point. I think you answered my question for me when you said that, although they exist, they are not the norm.

How would you rate the thirst of the guys there in Austria? I know you said that don't have any experience of the UK or US, but how would you compare it to, say, Ireland where you did visit? Is it as bad as in the UK or US where you need everything to be on point - looks, money, game, status, et.c. in order to stand a chance of banging a slim, non-ugly woman? Are there lots of average Joes - or Fritzes, rather - who are going without getting laid on the regular, like in the Anglosphere?

I'm very, very tempted to make the move to relocate to either Austria or the Czech Republic, but I don't want to mess things up and end up moving to a country that is not much better in terms of women than where I already am.

No, no, no.... Salzburg sucks, guys! Why would you want to go there?! Fat chicks everywhere, thirsty Schwarzenegger meatheads cockblocking you at every turn, horrible food and drink, nothing to see at all!

Seriously though, that town is very special to me... I get protective, ha. The quality of life there is off the charts. I hope Austria keeps the migrant invasion at bay, 'cause goddamn, what a shame it would be to see that ruined.

One little anecdote (of many): I remember heading home from the bars one night, you would get those 2,52 bills or whatever weird denomination it was and jump in those nice Benz taxis that you'd carpool in with other people to your destination. I got in with a friend and two local chicks (I don't remember if they queued with us in the taxi stand or were already in there riding, but we didn't pull them from the bar.) Sitting next to the one, who's speaking perfect English to me, somehow I ask her where she goes to school or something like that and she tells me she's in high school, damn! I do remember there seeming to be quite a bit of jailbait at some places, but it was a long time ago.

@Feldeinsamkeit: Like I mentioned, thirst isn´t a big problem here and many average guys are able to have a gf or bang chicks. I think it would be best if you just book a flight to a city you are interested in and check it out for a few weeks yourself to see what it´s like and to decide if you´d like it for the long term.

Quote: (12-18-2015 10:28 AM)Austrian Wrote:  

@Feldeinsamkeit: I don´t have any gaming experience in the U.K. or other Anglosphere countries, except of Ireland, so I´m speaking from personal experiences I had with Anglosphere chicks here in Salzburg or other parts of Central and Eastern Europe or Scandinavia. I had mixed encounters with Anglo chicks, though not nearly as bad as you describe the situation in England in some of your threads and posts.

To answer your question: I would say, one average, Austrian women are much more pleasant than their British counterparts that you described in your posts. They are not really aversive to male contact at all and most of them aren´t overly entitled or bitchy. Obesity isn´t a big (pun intended) problem here, I would say maybe 5-10 at most % of chicks are morbidly obese, but most girls are thin or average (maybe a few pounds too much, but not fat). As a result, the dating market is better here also in comparison. Thirst is not really that much of a problem at all here.

Austrian, how do girls there take to age differences? Do you see young 20 something girls with men in their 30s regularly?

And to non European foreigners?

Austria is a great country to visit and travel. I met a lot of nice people there. Hopefully the migration doesn't ruin what I remember of it.

Quote: (12-20-2015 07:54 PM)memcpy Wrote:  

Austria is a great country to visit and travel. I met a lot of nice people there. Hopefully the migration doesn't ruin what I remember of it.

That's a concern that keeps coming back to me. Thankfully, it seems as though the vast majority of migrants go straight through Austria and pass into Germany, and the Austrian government has some plans in place to get back control of its borders, but the situation remains unclear to me. Perhaps someone in the country has a better idea of what the near future looks like in terms of the impact of the migrant flood on Austria.

Quote: (12-20-2015 08:03 PM)Saga Wrote:  

Quote: (12-20-2015 07:54 PM)memcpy Wrote:  

That's a concern that keeps coming back to me. Thankfully, it seems as though the vast majority of migrants go straight through Austria and pass into Germany, and the Austrian government has some plans in place to get back control of its borders, but the situation remains unclear to me. Perhaps someone in the country has a better idea of what the near future looks like in terms of the impact of the migrant flood on Austria.

Der Standard, a left-leaning daily broadsheet published in Austria, reported a couple of months ago that at the government expects at least 80,000 migrants to apply for asylum this year alone. This might not sound like a high number, but don't forget that there's already a housing shortage in cities such as Vienna and Graz and the total population of the country is but a tenth of Germany.

Quote: (12-20-2015 08:06 PM)Feldeinsamkeit Wrote:  

Der Standard, a left-leaning daily broadsheet published in Austria, reported a couple of months ago that at the government expects at least 80,000 migrants to apply for asylum this year alone. This might not sound like a high number, but don't forget that there's already a housing shortage in cities such as Vienna and Graz and the total population of the country is but a tenth of Germany.

Very disappointing...I was hoping that Austria's pro-migrant rhetoric was a la Serbia, that they'd make a few psuedo-humanitarian statements while quietly waving everyone towards Berlin. I had considered Austria as a place I might try to relocate to, however this doesn't inspire confidence in the country's long-term cultural prospects. But that kind of talk is more appropriate for other threads.

@cochemonger: The age difference shouldn´t be a problem, girls don´t care that much and in some cases, even prefer an older guy. You´re an Hispanic American right? It shouldn´t be a disadvantage and could actually be an advantage, because while Salzburg ist touristy, most tourists are couples or guys with very little game who just do the standard tourist programm and either don´t go out at all or just get too drunk. So if you´re an interesting American guy with game, you´d stand out quite a bit, because you´ll find mostly locals or Germans going out. So it´s possible you´d get a small novelty facor or at worst, a neutral reaction.

Concerning the migrant situation, yes, Austria is majorly fucked at the moment and ruled by cucks, just like Germany. Only on a smaller scale because of the smaller size of the country. The difference to Germany is that we have a quite big opposition party called "FPÖ=Freiheitliche Partei Österreich" (Austrian Freedom Party), they are against the migration/invasion and quite vocal about it. They even lead in nation-wide polls, but the next regular elections will only take place in 2018, unfortunately. If the coalition between the conservatives (cuckservatives) and the social democrates isn´t stable, we could see sooner elections. So you guys are right, the future is uncertain, but at least there is some hope on the horizon. But maybe we can keep the political discussion out of this thread and concentrate on the city/girls itself and discuss it in the "Migrant Invasion" thread.

Quote: (12-21-2015 02:31 PM)Austrian Wrote:  

@cochemonger: The age difference shouldn´t be a problem, girls don´t care that much and in some cases, even prefer an older guy. You´re an Hispanic American right? It shouldn´t be a disadvantage and could actually be an advantage, because while Salzburg ist touristy, most tourists are couples or guys with very little game who just do the standard tourist programm and either don´t go out at all or just get too drunk. So if you´re an interesting American guy with game, you´d stand out quite a bit, because you´ll find mostly locals or Germans going out. So it´s possible you´d get a small novelty facor or at worst, a neutral reaction.

Concerning the migrant situation, yes, Austria is majorly fucked at the moment and ruled by cucks, just like Germany. Only on a smaller scale because of the smaller size of the country. The difference to Germany is that we have a quite big opposition party called "FPÖ=Freiheitliche Partei Österreich" (Austrian Freedom Party), they are against the migration/invasion and quite vocal about it. They even lead in nation-wide polls, but the next regular elections will only take place in 2018, unfortunately. If the coalition between the conservatives (cuckservatives) and the social democrates isn´t stable, we could see sooner elections. So you guys are right, the future is uncertain, but at least there is some hope on the horizon. But maybe we can keep the political discussion out of this thread and concentrate on the city/girls itself and discuss it in the "Migrant Invasion" thread.
Thanks for the info Austrian. Though I will never set foot in Germany again, it seems like Austria might be a different beast.
Had a great experience when I was 20 year old, living a summer in Paris and going out with An Austrian girl from Tyrol.

How is the online dating scene over there

im from salzburg guys, hit me up if you want to do something [Image: wink.gif] u can also ask me for some info

Haven´t done internet dating for quite a long time, but i think tinder can be good here, as well as various Austrian dating sites. Of course you´d probably find fatties and busted chicks, but also good quality.

tinder seems to be really good in cities under 300,000 people and I've heard second hand it's good in Salzburg,maybe it's a thing about anonymity. In Vienna I toyed with it but it was easier to meet cuter chicks in clubs/bars.

Awesome post. I went on a ski trip in this area and I would have loved to have this info then. This would have been valuable. Thanks.