rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A little advice, please.

A little advice, please.

I need help with a personal situation. I posted this in an article on RoK, but figured I might get a faster response here.

I've been made an offer to go do some mechanical work on some diesel buses in the Caribbean. All expense paid. I get paid for the work too. Pretty good amount. More than I make in two weeks. I've been given a list of what needs to be done. Part replacement. I'm confident I can do half the list relatively easy. I'm a licensed tech but I've never worked on buses before. The other half of the list I'm a bit iffy.
Now all my life I've never left my comfort zone. And I'm always doubting myself. And now I'm doing the same thing with this offer. I mean I want to do it and I'm sure I can do most if not all of it despite my lack of bus experience but I'm kinda worried of failure. I hate failing and letting people down. Hence why I never try much.

I'm in a bind with no clue what to do.

A little advice, please.

You know the answer.

Don't do it, play it safe, settle for less, take no chances, get in debt, buy a house, find a typical girl, put a ring on it, have some kids, get divorced, see them every weekend, take up an office job on the side, quit the job you have now because you might get a better retirement if you take up the office job full time, get no time to game, hit a new low and settle for a prostitute, notice its pussy is grainy and that it's a tranny, get HIV, not know it, and blow your brains out before HIV ever becomes an issue after your ex-wife fucks you one night then regrets it and accuses you of rape (she conveniently went back to college with your money and easily got you blacklisted from your night classes on crocheting as well as stigmatized before the police ever get involved).

This is the best way to go. After all, don't want to take a chance and let anyone down, do you?

Quote:PapayaTapper Wrote:
you seem to have a penchant for sticking your dick in high drama retarded trash.

A little advice, please.

Quote: (12-15-2015 06:52 PM)Mr.Conflicted Wrote:  

I need help with a personal situation. I posted this in an article on RoK, but figured I might get a faster response here.

I've been made an offer to go do some mechanical work on some diesel buses in the Caribbean. All expense paid. I get paid for the work too. Pretty good amount. More than I make in two weeks. I've been given a list of what needs to be done. Part replacement. I'm confident I can do half the list relatively easy. I'm a licensed tech but I've never worked on buses before. The other half of the list I'm a bit iffy.
Now all my life I've never left my comfort zone. And I'm always doubting myself. And now I'm doing the same thing with this offer. I mean I want to do it and I'm sure I can do most if not all of it despite my lack of bus experience but I'm kinda worried of failure. I hate failing and letting people down. Hence why I never try much.

You get paid to work? What a concept!

I say go for it, its in the Caribbean so its not like you'll be working too hard, you'll probably get down there and find out that the job isn't ready yet any way so you can go out and get drunk. Once the job begins just do as much as you can and if there's anything you can't do, Google it, the worst that can happen is you only partially finish the job and they have to send you home.

*One word of advice about working in the third world that a co-worker gave me is that you should never, ever rat out one of the guys down there, no matter what. Good jobs are hard to come by in those places and if you get a guy fired for whatever reason, he may meet you after of work with a machete.

A little advice, please.

Jump and the net will appear

Fear and desire. Fear (Negative motivation) & Desire (positive motivation) Every single thing we do (or don't) is driven by those two emotions.

Failing and disappointing someone else might suck. But you know what definitely sucks and what you should really fear?

Regret.

I tried, I failed, that sucked...but I'll get over it because I KNOW

I didn't try, if only I'd tried, what if I'd tried?...that NEVER goes away because I'll NEVER know

Jump and the net will appear...you don't have to trust me. You just have to trust yourself

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

A little advice, please.

Different offer:

Go, but prepare first.
Read bus manuals, talk to people who do stuff like that.
Then GO.

Jumping without preparing, means the net has a good chance not to appear.

Good luck.

"I love a fulfilling and sexual relationship. That is why I make the effort to have many of those" - TheMaleBrain
"Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

A little advice, please.

Depends if they are new or old busses and depends if you're a diesel mechanic or a computer nerd. Both can make money on busses depending how old they are.

Definitely go for it. Figure it out when you get there. Give me a PM if you get into trouble.

A little advice, please.

I have no experience with car mechanics.

However. I've successfully done jobs in a completely different job category in cities halfway across the country at two day's notice.

At the time I was completely convinced it would be an utter failure.

t turned out to be a complete success, opening several great opportunities down the road.

Now this job may be harder to cross into or it may be easier. But if you are willing to take the risk then you are already the right man for the job.

See if you can't drop a data sheet while you're there.

If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

Disable "Click here to Continue"

My Testosterone Adventure: Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V

Quote:Quote:
if it happened to you it’s your fault, I got no sympathy and I don’t believe your version of events.

A little advice, please.

A chance to test your ability in a far away land?

Sounds like how you become a man. If I recall, our grandfathers did this in WWII, some died, many were born.

Serious point, go find Dale Carnegie's "How to stop worrying and start living" and read chp. 4. Do the exercise, the answer will be apparent.

Have fun in the Caribbean.

A little advice, please.

Thank you all for taking the time to post. I've decided to go ahead with it. I'm working out the details with the person.

I've started researching into the areas I feel I'll have most difficulties in. So far it seems pretty straightforward. I think mainly because I fix cars for a living. I won't be going in without some expertise. Who knows, maybe it'll work out so well I might change fields. Heck I might move down there! I'm not getting my hopes up of course, but you never know.

The only thing now is to keep a positive outlook from now till I leave, while I'm there and when I come back. IUt'll be tough because I get down and out mentally far too often. I have lots of things to work on. Hopefully, this will be a learning experience, good or bad.

I won't be leaving until sometime in January so I'll be around if you guys would like to give anymore tips.

A little advice, please.

Quote: (12-15-2015 08:43 PM)PapayaTapper Wrote:  

Jump and the net will appear

This.

My life shouldn't be working. Somehow it still is.

A little advice, please.

I'd suggest before you start reading up that you find out exactly what you're working on.

If you're going somewhere remote, expect to be working on 30-40 year old dinosaurs with 2,000,000 kilometres on the odometer. You'll probably find that most won't have many original parts on them.