rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Would you compromise your beliefs for success? (Serious question)

Hey guys,
I was having a serious talk with a friend about politics in America.We came to the conclusion most spheres-academia and the media-has been conquered by leftist ideologies.

I have inner conflict everyday.
I do want to succeed either in academia or making movies. However, I can't win the fight against the dominant discourse, they have been establishing it since the 60's. In fact, just for practicing pick up at my school, I got in trouble.

At this point its either submit or leave. I don't want to leave, I've lived in the third world most of my life and I didn't like it at all.In fact, I've known many expatriates-who were my teachers-and they had sad lives hitting up the bar and teaching english to snobby kids.
My teacher wanted to be the next Tolkien but he didn't make it so he left England and came to my country in South America.

I just want to "make it" in America. After all, if you are successful in America you are successful everywhere. If I write a book and want critical and commercial success. Do I really mind that I would have to make the protagonist a loser?Add a know-it-all girl? Or a bunch of gay characters in the background?

Back in the 80s, if you had something to say about society or current events, you had to write into the newspaper editor and pray your letter got published in the small designated space. Nowadays thanks to the internet, anyone can have an opinion and have it get prominence. I would never compromise on my beliefs for success. If what you're producing is not commercial, like lots of people, you'll have to go independent. Roosh would never be successful if he waited on other blogs to publish his posts, given that masculinity is demonised in today's society, so he went independent. If you can't find a distributor for your movies, you'll have to do your own advertising.

Yes. I have no beliefs or really any values. I take a scientific approach to life. Do whatever works. Ethics don't matter, you can be a great guy and frankly nobody anwhere will ever appreciate it.

Hee hee ... Kinda funny that a guy with that user name would have no beliefs or values.

Quote: (12-02-2015 12:34 AM)Phatom Wrote:  

I just want to "make it" in America. After all, if you are successful in America you are successful everywhere. If I write a book and want critical and commercial success. Do I really mind that I would have to make the protagonist a loser?Add a know-it-all girl? Or a bunch of gay characters in the background?

As an author, no. Write the story that you want to read and the audience will create itself. I know that sounds like a tired cliche, but there are a number of conservative authors out there who have quite a large following, but be aware that very few writers, even the very successful, can make a living just on their literary earnings. You have to have a day job and holistic discipline like an old hermetic monk.

The keyword for being a success in writing starts with BOSHOK (Butt On Seat, Hands On Keyboard). Because my occupation is crisis oriented, my goal is a simple 2,000 words a week.

Good luck.

I've compromised my beliefs, instincts, and self-respect for a shot at BIG success (my startup raised over $500,000). I am still recovering from the effects of what this tradeoff did to me.

If you sacrifice your core values and beliefs for money, pussy, fame, or anything else, you will eventually hate yourself. Most of the guys on this forum went through this cycle at least once when they sacrificed their self-respect for a woman; their self-confidence is destroyed and they have to dedicate themselves to months (or years) of self improvement to dig themselves out of the hole. What makes you think sacrificing yourself for money is any different?

If your self-lie gets as deep as mine did, it will eventually lead to severe depression and even suicidal thoughts. No physical thing is worth hating yourself for. Instead, work a little bit harder to identify a problem that 1. you can solve and profit from and 2. allows you to stay true to yourself. There are plenty out there.

Your enemies, and the world around you, can take just about everything from you, no matter how high you rise or how much money you make. Your integrity, however, is the one thing that to lose you must give away. For all the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune that can rob you of what you have earned and sacrificed and suffered for, your integrity and that commitment to Truth and Goodness are innate, and cannot be touched by outside hands. To surrender it is to (perhaps literally) sell your soul. Once done, it can be almost impossible to get back. I would personally think long and hard about whether it is possible to describe the worth of your soul in monetary terms. (If you are not 'spiritual' then substitute 'who you are at your very core'). What use are riches if you are personally, at your core, bankrupt?

The whole dark triad personality thing has and will do harm in the end. You can fuck 10's every day and have money in the world but one will never be happy if you lack internal congruence. Always strive for excellence and don't be a looser,but don't sacrifice your values to get there. Know what you want and acknowledge who you are,then get there!!

Absolutely not.

As masculine men in the shitstorm of a society we live in, integrity is one of the few things we have that we cannot afford to give away. Look around you, most of the people you know would probably sell out everything and everyone they know and love to make an extra buck/have more sex/etc. Be above those people. Stand firm in what you believe in. It's all we have.

Quote: (12-02-2015 12:34 AM)Phatom Wrote:  

Hey guys,
I was having a serious talk with a friend about politics in America.We came to the conclusion most spheres-academia and the media-has been conquered by leftist ideologies.

I have inner conflict everyday.
I do want to succeed either in academia or making movies. However, I can't win the fight against the dominant discourse, they have been establishing it since the 60's. In fact, just for practicing pick up at my school, I got in trouble.

At this point its either submit or leave. I don't want to leave, I've lived in the third world most of my life and I didn't like it at all.In fact, I've known many expatriates-who were my teachers-and they had sad lives hitting up the bar and teaching english to snobby kids.
My teacher wanted to be the next Tolkien but he didn't make it so he left England and came to my country in South America.

I can touch on the making movies aspect because that is my current field. In 99.9% of cases you will be forced to compromise your beliefs to succeed in film.

The industry is driven by left propaganda to promote globalism [And over the past few decades this 'Americanisation' has been so effective that YES you will typically need to follow a cliche, liberal story structure to gain a mainstream audience]. Unless your concepts fit within this model [And it would take a subversive genius to overcome this] you will be rejected on an overwhelmingly high level.

The only alternative is to give a big fuck you to the industry and self fund [Which is what I'm doing]. To do this you need some film making ingenuity, expendable income and a gamblers mentality.

Fortunately we are in an age where self distribution is possible and you can start your own studio [Albeit on a micro scale].

I could go on and on about this topic but long story short: If you want to rise through the ranks by following the industry standard, be prepared to follow a very liberal line with virtually every single person you meet.

Beliefs are not static. They are dynamic. I believe that one's beliefs change as one experiences success (and vice-versa). Therefore, something you viewed as a compromise 5 years ago you may not view as a compromise today.

It's called Politically Correct and That's part of American culture.

Especially in a professional environment, people talk about idealistic things. (that can be summed as 'I love everyone')
But in reality,in deep down, they are just like any other people from other culture with less PC environment.

So say whatever to please your surroundings for 'Displayed Image'
You can say and do whatever in the back.

If you are believing into what the person is saying (thinking that's really his true opinion, you are just Delusional.

The penultimate student of Machiavelli not to mention General Sun Tsu would in fact use whatever deception is necessary (pretend to be a deviant degenerate Hollywood SJW LGBTQ agenda simpatico) to achieve victory by any means necessary. Read the Prince by Nicolo Machiavelli - then take away this modern twist - every dollar is a soldier - the more soldiers you can pull out of your pocket, wallet, bank, offshore accounts - the bigger your Army and the more power you have.

Point is to use the diseased deviant degenerate systems and choke it for all the wealth you can accumulate and one day when you have true eff you money - your deception is complete and you can do what ever you want - notorious example is Mel Gibson who the feminists copy in their own deviant twist on the Mad Max franchise - and now who Hollywood hates for the usual reasons...

He decided to fund the Passion of Christ for about $45M and raked in over $620M global box office plus 10 years of DVD sales and streaming downloads - could well be over $1 Billion for a Christian movie that none of the major studio owners liked or wanted to see made ...

He built up an $850 Million net worth until his wife took half in frivorce and he went on more than a few benders.

Point is even after all of that he stills has plenty of Eff You money with all of his franchise level movie royalties.

The ultimate Red Pill Neoman deals with the world the way it really is and not the way blue pills scream and demand it "should be". The Red Pill Neoman's reality is he succeeds by all means necessary given his personal circumstances and the cards he has been dealt in this time and place hurtling through space on a thin crust on a molten metal core continuing the big bang spiral around a giant ball of nuclear fusion. One major asteroid impact and it all ends.

In the mean time "The Prince" is really one of the best business manuals ever written - short, concise and examples of all the most useful methods to gain, grow and maintain real power and wealth in the real world.

As a true student of Nicolo, it is my duty to denounce him.

If you sacrifice your values in order to get success, you will eventually have neither values nor success.

Money can disappear in a instant or become worthless overnight. Who you are as a man, your beliefs, your values, can sustain you in the darkest times, while the man with worthless paper is cowering in the corner with nothing.

You don't have to sacrifice your core values to be successful. In fact, I'd say they're essential to success, and makes it much more rewarding.

If that's the choice you're facing, then you need to find or create different options.

Americans are dreamers too