rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Phuket, Kata Beach

Phuket, Kata Beach

Hi all, I was just wondering, as I haven't seen much mention on here, if there were any data sheets, experiences etc of Kata Beach?

Appreciate there are loads of bar girls but what about ordinary girls looking to hook up with farang?

I'll be out there for 5 nights in January, and would appreciate any do's and don'ts or musts and must nots [Image: smile.gif]

Thanks...

Phuket, Kata Beach

Kata is mini-Patong.

I think when you're in Phuket you either go all in and stay in Patong or you stay way, away from that stretch on the West of the island.

Phuket, Kata Beach

Quote: (12-01-2015 06:18 PM)v00n Wrote:  

Hi all, I was just wondering, as I haven't seen much mention on here, if there were any data sheets, experiences etc of Kata Beach?

Appreciate there are loads of bar girls but what about ordinary girls looking to hook up with farang?

I'll be out there for 5 nights in January, and would appreciate any do's and don'ts or musts and must nots [Image: smile.gif]

Thanks...

If you're talking about a real, ordinary Thai girl, who's not playing an angle (rare), could be difficult in 5 days in a place like Phuket. There's a lot of stigma attached to a local girl seen out with a white guy there, and an ordinary girl is less likely to want get involved with a tourist.

I lived in an area of Bangkok away from the tourist areas and it is much easier to get normal girls in a place like that, both because that's all that lived in the area and because the locals don't automatically think 'bar girl' seeing her with me. In the tourist hell holes like Phuket, girls are more hesitant.

Americans are dreamers too

Phuket, Kata Beach

I've spent a week at Kata a few years ago. There's no datasheet because there is not much to say about Kata.

The area is quite small with a few beer bars with prostitutes, nothing great or crazy going on at night. The beach itself is brilliant and there's a few restaurants nearby, and is a nice spot for a beach holiday as it's not as busy as Patong.

If you want to go out and drink you'll have to get yourself up to Patong, which is about 400b in a tuk tuk (prices may have changed), but you can wait at the stand for 4-6 people to come and split the cost.

If I remember correctly, Seduction is the only club that has the highest ratio of normal girls in there, no clubs allow ladyboys inside, so if you walk along Bangla road, you'll notice that all the ladyboys are outside. There are a few bars that allow them in, but that should be obvious when you go in.

Phuket, Kata Beach

It's been said, but I'll reiterate it. All of phucket is a real hooker trap. Even the other side that is a bit more low key is just full of bar girls. It's hard to find a place to sit and have a beer at a bar without being pestered.

It's worth seeing because of the craziness, but five days is a bit much. Two is enough to see pattaya shows/ craziness. I'd recommend a quick ferry ride over to phiphi island if you want to hit on fahrangs. You will have a better vacation.

If you are stuck there, the Swedish bar in the middle of patong, the Irish bar, and the metal bar are probably your best chance. Still most, if not all, Thai girls will be working. Thais aren't down there to live. They are there to work.

Head north. It's wonderful.

If you can't do any better, you've settled. --me--

Phuket, Kata Beach

Quote: (12-02-2015 01:09 PM)anotherblond Wrote:  

It's been said, but I'll reiterate it. All of phucket is a real hooker trap. Even the other side that is a bit more low key is just full of bar girls. It's hard to find a place to sit and have a beer at a bar without being pestered.

It's worth seeing because of the craziness, but five days is a bit much. Two is enough to see pattaya shows/ craziness. I'd recommend a quick ferry ride over to phiphi island if you want to hit on fahrangs. You will have a better vacation.

If you are stuck there, the Swedish bar in the middle of patong, the Irish bar, and the metal bar are probably your best chance. Still most, if not all, Thai girls will be working. Thais aren't down there to live. They are there to work.

Head north. It's wonderful.

This just isn't true.

I've spent months and months on Phuket, due to my martial arts training...in fact I got back from a month there yesterday.

I went/go out every night for dinner and drinks. Total bar girls encountered: 0.

I also disagree about the Thai women working there too. Although I always go with my girlfriend, I'm pretty sure that all the cute girls working in the nice hotels, restaurants, shops etc are not selling their bodies to other guys who they encounter.

It's this ridiculous attitude that so stigmatises anyone who chooses to have a relationship with a Thai girl.

Phuket, Kata Beach

Quote feature isn't working on mobile.
"This just isn't true.

I've spent months and months on Phuket, due to my martial arts training...in fact I got back from a month there yesterday.

I went/go out every night for dinner and drinks. Total bar girls encountered: 0.

I also disagree about the Thai women working there too. Although I always go with my girlfriend, I'm pretty sure that all the cute girls working in the nice hotels, restaurants, shops etc are not selling their bodies to other guys who they encounter.

It's this ridiculous attitude that so stigmatises anyone who chooses to have a relationship with a Thai girl."
End quote

If you go out to bats and restaurants, as you would, with your girlfriend, those aren't the places bar girls hang out.

Yes there are staff working there, but at their salaries, it's crazy for them to go out to most planes there on the regular. A few drinks for locals can equal a days pay.

Rich educated single Thais are less common because that whole area is a tourist trap.

I'm just being honest from my experience as a single guy in that area vs where I live up north now. Phucket is a sexpat destination. Normal Thai people do live and work there, but pickings are slim. Especially to go out and meet up at bars.

Things would be different if it wasn't so removed from the rest of Thailand and so much more expensive.

If you can't do any better, you've settled. --me--

Phuket, Kata Beach

Phuket is certainly ludicrously expensive compared with the rest of Thailand, no doubt. And of course, the prices we pay there are prohibitive for all but the richest Thais.

I'm just saying though that there are plenty of cute girls about if you look, without having to go near a go-go or beer bar.

In fact, I'd say that the cutest girls on the island full stop are the ones working in the high end restaurants and hotels...I reckon they never, ever get approached by Western men either as most are either with their wives/girlfriends or fully immersed in the "every thai girl is a hooker" frame.

Phuket, Kata Beach

Quote: (12-02-2015 01:15 PM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

It's this ridiculous attitude that so stigmatises anyone who chooses to have a relationship with a Thai girl.

Agree with this.

However, in my opinion 5 nights is a tight time frame to meet a normal local girl in Phuket that is willing to go out with a white guy and also get the bang. It's doable, more time would be better though.

In other locations in Thailand, not an issue at all.

As you alluded to, it's really shitty the stigma that is sometimes attached to both the white guy and the Thai girl.

Americans are dreamers too

Phuket, Kata Beach

Sure theres loads of bar girls if you go to those places.

The best thing is all the horny Euro tourists you can game and bang.

The Thai girls are a reliable fallback if you luck out with the French/Russian/Brit/Norwegian.

Phuket, Kata Beach

Quote: (12-03-2015 06:23 AM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

Sure theres loads of bar girls if you go to those places.

The best thing is all the horny Euro tourists you can game and bang.

The Thai girls are a reliable fallback if you luck out with the French/Russian/Brit/Norwegian.

Many thanks, everyone for your valuable input. I will be meeting a mate out there who recommended Kata Noi as Patong is just too OTT.

The prospect of at least some Euro tourists is also good :-)

He said there's enough bar girls (as a fallback option) there to make it worthwhile. I guess if nothing promising happens then I'll be heading up to Patong.

V.

Phuket, Kata Beach

Kata beach is fun. Check out The Surf House to surf an artificial wave.