rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Client Christmas Gifts

Client Christmas Gifts

Alright guys, it's that time of year again. I am hoping we can get a good thread for past, present, and future gift ideas for our business clients.

The goal of the gift is to strengthen the relationship between us and them.

I'll start by saying I have never done this before, so I am not sure how much to spend per client. How much money is appropriate to spend?

My current clients are small business owners, which means I am only sending gifts to owners.

My ideas:
-Alcohol (whiskey, wine, and/or rum)
-Personalized hand written note on a card, with my business logo, that thanks them for there business and wishes them a Merry Christmas

Let me know what you guys think, do, or have done in the past. I'd also like to know if you do New Years and Christmas or other holidays.

Client Christmas Gifts

First make sure you aren't an industry where gift amounts aren't regulated.

After that just go light. Something like a basket with gourmet coffee and supplies in it.

Client Christmas Gifts

If you care, in the US the most you can deduct for a business gift is $25. So I usually do gift baskets with approximately $25 worth of crap.

https://www.irs.gov/publications/p463/ch03.html

Client Christmas Gifts

I would stay away from typical gifts like alcohol.

Instead of trying to please the dad (they are the owner usually), try something that will please his wife or his kids.

Think about how he will think of you when he hears 'he is very thoughtful' from his wife.

Client Christmas Gifts

Just buy an assorted gift basket from costco and hand deliver them. They have a ton of different ones right now. Some of the assorted cookies are good too.

Client Christmas Gifts

I would say stick with alcohol; just get a good (not necessarily top, but not low-end) brand. Even if the recipient doesn't drink he can use it for entertaining guests, or give it to someone else. It won't spoil like food. It's not another knickknack around the house. I used to get these and give them to someone else, use for parties etc. Most nondrinkers won't be offended. Only exception would be if you know MOST of your clients have religious beliefs against alcohol Obviously.)