rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

EEG Biofeedback?

EEG Biofeedback?

Hey guys. Wondering if any of you have heard about this?

I went to an upscale treatment center for 8 months where they specialized in this technique back when I had a drug habit. Basically they stick a bunch of electrodes on certain areas of your head, you sit in front of a monitor and play some sort of game where you try to e.g. keep a 2-D airplane down a certain altitude or try to make a circle expand (with your brainwaves). You end up training your brain to rewire itself and work in a different way.

More explanation here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurofeedback or Google it.

At first I thought it was baloney but the weird part is it fucking worked. I haven't met one person there that said it didn't work. It works from ADHD to sleep disorders from anxiety to PTSD. Every single ADHD dude I have met was off Adderall and feeling better than ever within a month. I was very happy with it in fact I came back from straight down in the dumps depressed back to life in just a few months. Had to stop because it was shit-ass expensive.

I even met a professional tennis player doing sessions to increase his performance on the court.

The equipment isn't that expensive to buy and you don't need to have a medical license. I even took some biomedical engineering courses about brain science back when I was doing my BSc in EE.

Think about it as computer-assisted game training. Remember Ivan Drago vs. Rocky? Ivan had his ass handed to him at the end but he fought hard for a full 15 rounds.

Wondering if anyone else is curious about this.

“Our great danger is not that we aim too high and fail, but that we aim too low and succeed.” ― Rollo Tomassi

EEG Biofeedback?

Quote: (11-11-2015 10:04 AM)the Thing Wrote:  

Hey guys. Wondering if any of you have heard about this?

I went to an upscale treatment center for 8 months where they specialized in this technique back when I had a drug habit. Basically they stick a bunch of electrodes on certain areas of your head, you sit in front of a monitor and play some sort of game where you try to e.g. keep a 2-D airplane down a certain altitude or try to make a circle expand (with your brainwaves). You end up training your brain to rewire itself and work in a different way.

More explanation here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurofeedback or Google it.

At first I thought it was baloney but the weird part is it fucking worked. I haven't met one person there that said it didn't work. It works from ADHD to sleep disorders from anxiety to PTSD. Every single ADHD dude I have met was off Adderall and feeling better than ever within a month. I was very happy with it in fact I came back from straight down in the dumps depressed back to life in just a few months. Had to stop because it was shit-ass expensive.

I even met a professional tennis player doing sessions to increase his performance on the court.

The equipment isn't that expensive to buy and you don't need to have a medical license. I even took some biomedical engineering courses about brain science back when I was doing my BSc in EE.

Think about it as computer-assisted game training. Remember Ivan Drago vs. Rocky? Ivan had his ass handed to him at the end but he fought hard for a full 15 rounds.

Wondering if anyone else is curious about this.

It's legit. I did a similar thing based on heart rate variability. Google "heartmath". Really helped me meditate and calm the fuck down.

EEG Biofeedback?

Quote: (11-11-2015 09:49 PM)Engineer Wrote:  

Quote: (11-11-2015 10:04 AM)the Thing Wrote:  

It's legit. I did a similar thing based on heart rate variability. Google "heartmath". Really helped me meditate and calm the fuck down.

It really is. I wouldn't believe it in a million years if I hadnt tried.

The head physician (who was double consultant in neurology and psychiatry) in the clinic first took a full EEG brain scan to determine what kind of treatment would be helpful. My sessions were mainly focused on beta wave increase (concentration and focus) in the pre frontal cortex and alpha wave increase (relaxation) on the motor cortex.

And it fucking worked. Few weeks in I was already feeling way better and for a few hours after sessions I felt like I was on fucking fire.

Now I take my paychecks to St. Petersburg all puffed up and dressed to the nines but the only two things that ever gave me true 100% flawless inner game were coke and this.

“Our great danger is not that we aim too high and fail, but that we aim too low and succeed.” ― Rollo Tomassi

EEG Biofeedback?

How did you go about getting this done?

Did your doctor recommend it or you looked it up?

Where do they even do this?

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

EEG Biofeedback?

Quote: (11-11-2015 11:39 PM)Oz. Wrote:  

How did you go about getting this done?

Did your doctor recommend it or you looked it up?

Where do they even do this?

I was in bad shape and it was clear I needed help but I didn't want any medication. My mother is all into that celebrity hyped fancy shit and she told me "hey there's this doctor who specializes in this type of medication-free psychiatry" and that's how it happened.

I went to the only neuro feedback clinic in Istanbul at the time, it got popular so there's more than one now. The founder (and head physician) got his medical degree magna cum laude from one of the Ivies and worked as a researcher there for ~20ish years. At that time he was in all TV talk shows so I guess that's where my mother learned about this thing.

For 120 sessions of 45 minutes each, 20 additional HEG feedback (something about improving brain oxygen flow) sessions (one every week) and 1-hour psychiatrist consultation sessions every 3 weeks, I paid about $15k. (more like $6k in today's dollars since turkish lira lost and usd gained value) Insurance didn't pay jack.

I think you can Google search and find a doctor who does this near you but I can PM the place if you're looking to travel. I heard some insurance policies pay for it as well.