rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Self Balancing Scooters Cool or Lame?

These self balancing scooter segway hoverboard things seem to be all the rage. Was just curious if any of you guys have picked one up and if so what are your thoughts? Cool or Lame and pointless?

Uncool. I'd rather walk.

I think it has validity as a potential mobility aid, but looks shit as a toy.

"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilised community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others...in the part which merely concerns himself, his independence is, of right, absolute." - John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Gay as fuck period.

This is where we're going:

[Image: 1414590218649_wps_25_Pic_By_HotSpot_Media_LOOK.jpg]

Friend brought one over because his dad gave him one, it was fun and novel but is ultimately stupid.

Wouldn't be caught dead in public, wouldnt buy, and wouldn't advocate.

Dweeb central.

Very very lame

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Just walk around, honestly.

I think its more of a teenagers thing, and this forum is mostly around 20-40.

Quote: (03-05-2016 02:42 PM)SudoRoot Wrote:  
Fuck this shit, I peace out.

I'm more curious how they work at this point.

I think in the future they could become really common, let people use them in bike lanes. More portable then a bike and they are always trying to get less drivers on the road. That being said, I think they are pretty gay.

Would be a waste of money to buy one. However, occasionally they will appear at house parties/pre-games and I'll take a drunken stumble on them.

The only way you might make this semi not gay:

Or a great way to fuck up your body.

Just another attempt at trying to be cool.

Even the guy squatting.

Society is constantly trying out escalate one another but it always seems to be in stupidity. How about a competition to do something more meaningful. Oh, just remembered, because only a small percentage of the population can actually do anything meaningful.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

If you're 11 years old: cool.

If you're old enough to drive: WTF

Quote: (11-03-2015 07:55 PM)monster Wrote:  

If you're 11 years old: cool.

If you're old enough to drive: WTF

They're a passing fad, but like many passing fads, someone is making a ton of money off of them. Kudos to that person.

Myself, I prefer to hop on a bike or if it's a shorter distance, I'll jump on the longboard skateboard and carve around. I'd prefer to get some exercise while going short distances.

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

Novel and fun. I don't think they are for adults. Tried using one, but fell on my ass. I still tried again anyways. It is for kids considering how fast they pick it up.

Vitaly is always riding one of these around and he pulls it off, but would you see Hank Moody on one? No.

Depends on your style, age, personality.

I do think we'll start seeing a lot more of these things though.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

[Image: jordan.gif]

Take care of those titties for me.

If you do ride one, you better not fucking smile or you will look like a dumbass.

You gotta wear cool sunglasses and keep a straight face. You can't go too fast either. Ideally you want to go maybe a bit slower than the people who are walking so you can text while you are on it.

^not joking.

You want to shoot for this. https://vine.co/v/eOQTTLn5jHp

I'm in florida and I see more brothas ride them than anywhere else. Possible money to be made renting them out on college campuses. I almost bought ten from Ali just to flip but didn't pull the trigger.

I honestly don't see them as a fad. It may take a while to catch but when they get under 25 lbs, I would start investing. 45+ is too heavy imo.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

I see a lot on campus lately. I'd buy one if it was fun but it really doesn't look like it is. If it was, I'd shamelessly ride it with a giant smile...maybe even laughing.

This is a hoverboard that looks like fun! I imagine myself skimming along the treetops of some forest or becoming a supervillain.

All y'all are lame.
I would get one of those things in a minute if a could justify the cost to actually use.
It's a novelty.
But it's new tech.

Watch as I roll through and swoop your girl.

[Image: ChrisBrownScooter.gif]

I am the cock carousel

Dudes in China have this thing and I think it looks goofy as fuck.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Would be fun to Daygame on one. But I ain't gettin off my scooter for no pussy, as soon as she tries to shit test me by walking up stairs I'm out and cruisin onto the next.

two scoops
two genders
two terms

I watched a Verge video about the future of electric skateboards and one of the person they interviewed was the inventor of that.

He said he made it as a transportation device in the office for people to use.

I got a OneWheel 2 months ago. And this thing is fucking awesome.

It works like a sideway Segway but feels like you're riding a snowboard. It's very intuitively to learn albeit it took me one and a half hour to commute to work the first time I rode it. After 2 weeks, I cut it down to 40 minutes.

A lot of people would just stare at me when I'm on it. Some would ask me what it was and quite a few people would say "What the fuck...." as I past them.

I just sold it recently because the weather is getting cold. But it definitely made my commute very enjoyable.

I see it as more of a novelty. If I wanted to go faster than walking, without a bike, I'd get rollerblades.

But also, if you're thinking of diving into buying some of these from China and seeling them at a markup, RVF isn't really filled with popular-trend-followers... we might castigate an idea but that doesn't mean the masses won't gobble it up like turkeys, especially at Xmas