rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Gdansk & Sopot (Poland) Mini Data Sheet

Gdansk, Sopot, and Gdynia are three Polish cities on the northern cost that are slowing merging into one.

Gdynia: Smallest of the three, most skippable
Gdansk: Most visually appearling, attracts tourist groups
Sopot: Contains beach and dense nightlife zone

A great informational resource is http://www.gdansk-life.com

This area is a popular summer destination with Sopot being the ideal choice for young people. I stayed in Gdansk where I went out on Thursday and Friday night. I did Sopot on Saturday night.

Pros: Good option if you want to do touristy shit during the day. Four or eight hour audio tour guide from tourist office will keep you busy in Gdansk. Or obviously you can hit the beach in Sopot. Lots of beautiful Polish girls in Sopot.

Cons: Tons of tourists, including hordes of thirsty Spanish guys. Generic, cheesy nightlife that makes you feel like part of a cattle drive. Attitude is through the roof with high bitch shields.

Gdansk Nightlife

Small, puny, and pathetic. Not many cute girls and the ones that are there dress sloppily. Your three "best" options:

Absinthe. Dive bar full of old dudes and fat hipster girls. Worth a quick peek to see if there are girls.

Parlament. Club right next to Absinthe. Huge space with okay amount of mediocre girls. Thursday is the best night, but be prepared to encounter a lot of Spanish dudes. The club rips you off with a "prepaid" card you need to buy drinks, meaning you'll probably lose some money in your balance.

Yesterday. Oldies club. Small space and crappy talent but decent spot for bar or dance floor pickups. Probably your best bet, since girls were more open than in Parlament.

I can't recommend the nightlife, but if you like sightseeing then you may enjoy Gdansk. More info: http://wikitravel.org/en/Gdansk

Sopot Nightlife

There are about two dozen clubs, mostly high-end, meaning you have to wait in line, pay cover, deal with attitude, and so on. The action is on Monte Cassino street, which is right by the train station. Simply follow the crowd.

I enjoyed Zla Kobieta, which was more bar-like and had a good amount of women.

For a second I didn't think I was in Poland because of snobby attitude, so unless you like "clubbing" you will probably dislike Sopot. Nonetheless, the Polish girls here were the hottest I've seen in the country and foreign status is still a benefit in spite of being so many foreigners present. It's worth a weekend visit during the summer, but not much more. More info: http://www.klif.pl/99414,12.dhtml

Lodging in Gdansk will be easier to come by than Sopot. In that case you can take train to Sopot at night. Takes about 25 minutes and runs all night.

Quote: (06-12-2011 05:00 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Gdansk, Sopot, and Gdynia are three Polish cities on the northern cost that are slowing merging into one.

This area is a popular summer destination with Sopot being the ideal choice for young people. I stayed in Gdansk where I went out on Thursday and Friday night. I did Sopot on Saturday night.

Pros: Good option if you want to do touristy shit during the day. Four or eight hour audio tour guide from tourist office will keep you busy in Gdansk. Or obviously you can hit the beach in Sopot. Lots of beautiful Polish girls in Sopot.

Cons: Tons of tourists, including hordes of thirsty Spanish guys. Generic, cheesy nightlife that makes you feel like part of a cattle drive. Attitude is through the roof with high bitch shields.

Gdansk Nightlife

Small, puny, and pathetic. Not many cute girls and the ones that are there dress sloppily. Your three "best" options:

Absinthe. Dive bar full of old dudes and fat hipster girls. Worth a quick peek to see if there are girls.

Parlament. Club right next to Absinthe. Huge space with okay amount of mediocre girls. Thursday is the best night, but be prepared to encounter a lot of Spanish dudes. The club rips you off with a "prepaid" card you need to buy drinks, meaning you'll probably lose some money in your balance.

Yesterday. Oldies club. Small space and crappy talent but decent spot for bar or dance floor pickups. Probably your best bet, since girls were more open than in Parlament.

I can't recommend the nightlife, but if you like sightseeing then you may enjoy Gdansk. More info: http://wikitravel.org/en/Gdansk

Sopot Nightlife

There are about two dozen clubs, mostly high-end, meaning you have to wait in line, pay cover, deal with attitude, and so on. The action is on Monte Cassino street, which is right by the train station. Simply follow the crowd.

For a second I didn't think I was in Poland because of snobby attitude, so unless you like "clubbing" you will probably dislike Sopot. Nonetheless, the Polish girls here were the hottest I've seen in the country and foreign status is still a benefit in spite of being so many foreigners present. It's worth a weekend visit during the summer, but not much more. More info: http://www.klif.pl/99414,12.dhtml

Lodging in Gdansk will be easier to come by than Sopot. In that case you can take train to Sopot at night. Takes about 25 minutes and runs all night.

Roosh, since you're in Gdansk how about trying to get your Russian flag in nearby Kaliningrad? The women there are some of the hottest in EE and your exotic looks will bring you plenty of DTF looks from the stunners of that city. Of course if you can survive the language barrier and the local thugs then you will truly be in the league of extreme pussy adventurers like Naughty Nomad.

Quote: (06-12-2011 09:15 PM)Hokie30 Wrote:  

Quote: (06-12-2011 05:00 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Gdansk Nightlife

Sopot Nightlife

Roosh, since you're in Gdansk how about trying to get your Russian flag in nearby Kaliningrad? The women there are some of the hottest in EE and your exotic looks will bring you plenty of DTF looks from the stunners of that city. Of course if you can survive the language barrier and the local thugs then you will truly be in the league of extreme pussy adventurers like Naughty Nomad.

Getting a Russian entry visa is not exactly tic tac toe. Takes a little longer than you'd expect.

Reading between the lines it appears that the area gets a No-Go recommendation. Pity, seeing how close it is to where I live.

Vicious: Yeah I think for most guys their time is better spent elsewhere in Poland. This is more of a "go with your big group of friends" type of place.

Quote: (06-13-2011 06:35 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Vicious: Yeah I think for most guys their time is better spent elsewhere in Poland. This is more of a "go with your big group of friends" type of place.

Hi Roosh - first time user here so go easy!!!

Been reading through your thoughts on Sopot with interest as i'm heading out there with a group of friends in less than a fortnight.

Have everything sorted accommodation wise (cracking spot right on the main strip), but am looking for advice regarding clubs, pubs and Sopot's general view on a group of British guys looking for a beer.

Are they Brit-friendly?
Will we be turned away from most places for being tourists?
I was hoping Sopot was fairly 'untouched' in terms of groups heading over for a good time, but seems from your forum i'm wrong?

Lastly - can you tell me any of the clubs/bars worth visiting? We had Copacabana on the hitlist but i've just read it's been burnt down?? Anything replaced it?

Sorry for all the questions, but your advice and experience is much appreciated - cheers!!!

Roosh, you don't seem as upbeat on Poland as you were when you first got there.

Quote: (06-13-2011 08:16 AM)baconsandwich Wrote:  

Are they Brit-friendly?

Not trying to ride you our anything but partying brits have burned the bridges for their kind in most of Europe's party spots. I'd say you can pull it off if you can differentiate yourself from the "lads" and assuming the classy, sophisticated brit image that parts of the world is still enamored with.

Quote: (06-13-2011 08:54 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Quote: (06-13-2011 08:16 AM)baconsandwich Wrote:  

Are they Brit-friendly?

Not trying to ride you our anything but partying brits have burned the bridges for their kind in most of Europe's party spots. I'd say you can pull it off if you can differentiate yourself from the "lads" and assuming the classy, sophisticated brit image that parts of the world is still enamored with.

No offence taken - and I totally agree, we've been screwed over by the Brits Abroad culture!

We chose Sopot as we didn't want to go somewhere that's already overrun by british male groups (Talinn, Riga etc).
We're also hopefully a bit older than the majority of the yob groups (we're 30+) and are up for having a good laugh, a good time and a fair few beers without being banged up in the process!!

But to go back to your point - you think we might struggle to get in anywhere as a result of who we are??? Really hope not.

Most of the British guys I've seen in Poland are really old and here for work. I'm talking 50+. I think British guys should be received well in Sopot since they don't usually go there for stag parties. This is assuming you don't do the British thing of getting drunk, loud, obnoxious, and semi-violent. Most Polish girls have learned English from British speakers, so I'm sure they'd be curious to meet a Brit.

There are so many clubs and they were all packed. Just walk around and pick one that looks good. Unless you're rolling in a wolf pack of 8 guys, I don't think you'll have trouble getting in. A lot of places don't have cover charges.

Understand that you are going to the most touristy city in Poland behind Krakow, so you will not be playing up to your foreign strengths.

Quote:Quote:

This trip was medicore, but I'm still enjoying myself in Poznan. But yes things have calmed down... I'm not going out as much and have been focusing more on work.

What's nice about Polish girls is that they want relationships after you bang them, so I haven't had to hunt much lately.

Roosh, a few posts back you mentioned you the quality in Poland is 'decent'. I made a mental note of it.

It also seems you buy the reports that Ukraine, Romania have better looking women than Poland.

At this point, what's opinion on the quality in Poland?

Quality is great. Sopot had very nice chicks. No complaints about the appearance for Poland.... except in Gdansk.

Quote: (06-13-2011 10:01 AM)Luckystar Wrote:  

Roosh, a few posts back you mentioned you the quality in Poland is 'decent'. I made a mental note of it.

It also seems you buy the reports that Ukraine, Romania have better looking women than Poland.

At this point, what's opinion on the quality in Poland?

I have yet to visit Ukraine & Romania, but I think girls look better in Serbia and Bulgaria than in Poland. Don't get me wrong, I think Polish girls look very nice. Girls in Poland are definitely blonder than Balkan girls.

Quote: (06-13-2011 09:36 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Most of the British guys I've seen in Poland are really old and here for work. I'm talking 50+. I think British guys should be received well in Sopot since they don't usually go there for stag parties. This is assuming you don't do the British thing of getting drunk, loud, obnoxious, and semi-violent. Most Polish girls have learned English from British speakers, so I'm sure they'd be curious to meet a Brit.

There are so many clubs and they were all packed. Just walk around and pick one that looks good. Unless you're rolling in a wolf pack of 8 guys, I don't think you'll have trouble getting in. A lot of places don't have cover charges.

Understand that you are going to the most touristy city in Poland behind Krakow, so you will not be playing up to your foreign strengths.

Quote:Quote:

This trip was medicore, but I'm still enjoying myself in Poznan. But yes things have calmed down... I'm not going out as much and have been focusing more on work.

What's nice about Polish girls is that they want relationships after you bang them, so I haven't had to hunt much lately.

Wait, does this mean our humble host has a girlfriend?

Am I reading between the lines correctly here?

"I'm not going out as much and have been focusing more on work."

Ha.

I have used that line too.

"Quality is great. Sopot had very nice chicks. No complaints about the appearance for Poland.... except in Gdansk."

Back to what is important, where was tops so far?

Sopot has hotter girls, but that's like saying Las Vegas has the hottest girls in the States.

Poznan is a little step down in quality, but all around it's so much better for the solo dolo player to pick up.

Roosh

Thanks for the update.

I think it would add a lot of value to show what is considered a 7 or 8 or 9 in Poland. Not even of girls you've met personally, but maybe just a google image or a picture of some girls from the hostel/clubs/etc. It's easy to say "hot" girls and "good quality" but we rarely have someone post a trip report and say "this" is a 7/8/9 for the area. Due to variances in taste, it would be beneficial to get a real idea of the type of girl that is attainable for guys with good game and above average looks. Most of us are interested in visiting multiple countries but have to come to a decision on one or two a year. Being able to see the real quality on the street from a current visitor could help even out expectations and make decisions easier. Kind of how there were a good number of images on the CPG thread.

Quote: (06-13-2011 09:36 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Thanks for the heads up Roosh - very useful.

The wolf pack of 8 guys comment has me kinda worried though - we're going on a joint stag-do, and so the party size is larger than normal...21 to be exact!!

We're not daft. We know that rolling up somewhere with a 20+ strong crowd of fellas won't work, so we may well split up. But it won't take a genius to spot we're all together in a foreign country, so guess we'll just have to go easy with our approach.

Also nice to hear the Sopot girls are worth a look!!!! Had heard reports that a lot of Swedes visited the beach too, but then also a lot of Germans??

20+ British stag party!!!!! No wonder you were so worried about how you'll be received!

[Image: lol.gif] [Image: lol.gif] [Image: lol.gif] [Image: lol.gif]

Quote: (06-14-2011 08:38 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

20+ British stag party!!!!! No wonder you were so worried about how you'll be received!

Yeah, tell me about it. Not filling me with confidence though! Lol

I'm one of the stags, so don't suppose i'll survive to tell the story!

Quote: (06-14-2011 08:38 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Ha.

I wonder how you will be received on here.

If there is only one thing that everyone on here agrees on, it is our contempt for stag parties.

Hell, I probably hate them less than the majority of people on here (due to lack of contact).

I would bring a strong Data Sheet to the table, and people on here might give you a pass.

Because I'm a bit younger. I don't really fit in alot of Dive bars or places that play "oldies"

But Im planning on taking a trip to Gdansk within the month.
Any advice for a black guy under 25 in poland?

Gdansk is my first stop(since i can get a round trip ticket for about 60 euro)
If Poland turns out will, ill have reason to go back.
Ive had decent luck with polish chicks around hamburg. But of course there's mixed talk about minorities in Poland.

When/If I go, it'll be a week long trip

I am the cock carousel

@Sourcecode: interesting post. Though Gdansk seems to have little to offer it would be interesting to read about your experiences. "mixed talk about minorities" - what do you mean by that?

As in, I've heard blacks arent always welcomes in eastern european countries?
I'm going with one friend..but a lot of the time we prefer to split up one different interest.
I don't wanna be solo in a place where some skinheads are gonna cause trouble.

But again. I've banged a polish chicks and a lithuanian. Lithuanian chicks has only been in germany a couple months.She actually posted a picture of us together on facebook and some of her friends liked it(i know that doesnt mean much)
but again..just cause a couple people like me doesnt mean some jealous dude in the club wont try to blind side me.

* until I get a extended visa..I actually can't leave the country...Poland trip is on hold. aka I can do some more research

I am the cock carousel

Hello guys, I am planning to visit Sopot/Gdansk this Summer. I know it's a bit high end but I really loved Sopot when I visited in 2006. Can anyone confirm that in the last years the place continues to be crowded in the late July / early August? Since 6 years have passed already and I'm flying from Lisbon, I would really not like to have the disappointment of arriving in an untrendy spot...

By the way, I also created a thread on other North Poland beach cities. If anyone has any insight on this, please let me know!

I was in Trojmiasto in 2007. I remember going to a club in Sopot called Mandarynka. Is that one still open? It was full of beta nouveau riche kids, and snobbish gold-diggers. Too pretentious for my taste. No one was really having fun there. The one club in Sopot I liked was by the beach, and I think it was called Atelier. Again, no idea if it's still open.

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken