rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Website selling abandoned Spanish villages/homes

The trend for people to leave rural areas and move to cities is world-wide. In Spain there are literally small villages that are completely abandoned can be purchased for insane prices.

Here is one website (in Spanish) selling rural houses and villages:

http://aldeasabandonadas.com/

Here's one small village on sale for 62,000 Euro, about $69,000 U.S.

It comes with 3 houses, 13,000 square meters of land, a fresh spring, 40km from the beach, 50km from the nearest city Lugo

http://aldeasabandonadas.com/venta-de-al...-s935.html

[Image: IMG_0369.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0368.jpg]

We seem to have some well-to-do members here. Who wouldn't love their own Spanish villa?

Do those places have utilities and what not installed. If not it could cost a fortune just to install utilities. There's always a catch.

I wouldn't be interested in places in that state of repair located in a ghost town, but there are a ton of empty new condos in Spain that have been sitting for 7 years or so from just before the bust at excellent value, not much more expensive than the places above. Though, at those prices one would not qualify for the investment visa (if a visa needed for you to stay in the EU).

Americans are dreamers too

One would be all set with well water, some good elbow grease, Solar Panels hooked up to a dc battery, and GSM internet. My only issue is that the house is in the country of spain which is a part of the mentally ill european union. I would be afraid that all the work I put into the house would be meaningless due to the extensive taxes in Spain.

Quote: (08-12-2015 03:51 PM)lavidaloca Wrote:  

Do those places have utilities and what not installed. If not it could cost a fortune just to install utilities. There's always a catch.

If these were inhabited at one time or another, there is probably a decent water source that could be fixed up or installed from scratch. Plus you get a few car batteries and solar panels, you've got enough electricity for the basics. Hell you fix them up enough, you can set up eco-tourism and have SWPLs spends $200/night to rough it with minimal electricity and necessities.

Buying dilapidated land like this in Europe is my retirement dream (prefer France over Spain), so it sucks this website was brought to my attention 30 years too early.

SO NEGATIVE!!!

"There's always a catch" is a classic line of someone who doesn't want to take a risk and is envious of those who might. Maybe it isn't what you meant but you are repeating the poison lines of rotten people.

The site is a great find. Right now it really is possible to purchase properties that would have been worth ten times more in the past due to the crisis in Spain. Thanks OP.

Of course you will have to spend money. THAT'S LIFE.

For what it's worth, I was discussing this with a friend from Serbia. She is from Belgrade but has family who used to live in small villages like this. She has said the same thing is happening there, small villages in idyllic countryside are just being abandoned.

Serbia is not in the E.U., which could be seen as a positive or a negative, depending on your perspective. I have no information on websites where you could buy abandoned Serbian property, however.

Serbia was however the site of a lot of conflict recently and there are still many people living who claim to have been unjustly kicked out of their home or village, and many of these people are armed. So I would personally be more wary of buying up an "abandoned village" in Serbia than Spain.

I think you guys are missing the big picture. If we collect our resources together, we can create our own RFV villa.

I have two idea for this.
1) Once the social justice warriors get their way with the anglosphere, we have a place to leave that is in the middle of nowhere.

2) A rental villa for renting out to people.

I think we can do more with this than you think.

This has been going on for a few years now. The younger generations are abandoning the rural areas in favor of cities, often abroad or at least outside of Galicia, trying to find better work opportunities. You could still make a good living farming but isn't that appealing in this age of the smartphone. There are approximately 30,000 population centers in Galicia alone, most of which are small villages. The good news is that this means the 'supply' of abandoned villages is only going to increase as the urbanization trend continues. The properties available on this website are only a handful of those that exist. Most people don't want to sell and settle for a relative pittance, even if the value of a nice, renovated village on the site is only 400,000 Euros.

I've thought of buying a large, well-located plot of land and renting it out to Northern European city folk before eventually retiring there and doing light farming for pleasure and exercise in my old age. The great thing about Galicia is that it's a mild, wet climate, so you can grow pretty much anything there. Pines, palms, kiwis, apples, wine grapes... The downside is that the weather is cloudy and rainy most of the year, and that nature retakes these abandoned houses quite quickly especially since they're in the middle of vegetation to begin with.

Luckily these stone houses were built to last, back when people cared about craftsmanship and durability and would pass the home on to their children. Good luck finding one of those unsold condos on the Mediterranean that isn't going to be falling apart in a few decades. I'd take a quiet house on the side of a mountain near the coast any day of the week.

[Image: Images_Renovating_Properties_in_Spain_Po...S117_1.jpg]

[Image: Images_Renovating_Properties_in_Spain_Po...S117_3.jpg]

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.

A true friend is the most precious of all possessions and the one we take the least thought about acquiring.

I'd so love to explore these abandoned buildings! It's one of my random hobbies, unfortunately I haven't got too many of them around here. But old buildings like that, castles and such i'd fucking love to explore. [Image: smile.gif]

Count me sold. A RVF village in France, Spain, or any mountainous region in the old world for us to retire in would be beyond gold. Will keep this bookmarked.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Interest piqued. I love this forum.

[Image: grouphug.gif]

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.

You're in H? I may throw my plans into the RVF retirement package as well.

What could be better than a scenic neighborhood with a "romantic" atmosphere not far from the coast. Spain isn't that large of a country, so any village reasonably close to a larger township is sustainable.

Quote: (08-13-2015 10:39 PM)TonySandos Wrote:  

Spain isn't that large of a country, so any village reasonably close to a larger township is sustainable.

That is my concern is how close one of these would be to a more established city/town. For supplies, materials, etc. Also just getting to the location, is there a big enough airport nearby (2 hours max maybe). I think it would be great to rebuild something. But if you are on the outskirts you don't have any police or anything like that.

Also, once again the issue of owning/working with others. Can you find a crew you can trust? Of course, you can do it on your own. But this seems like a great opportunity for a small team.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Quote: (08-13-2015 08:57 AM)PolymathGuru Wrote:  

I think you guys are missing the big picture. If we collect our resources together, we can create our own RFV villa.

1) Once the social justice warriors get their way with the anglosphere, we have a place to leave that is in the middle of nowhere.

An RFV villa is a nice idea... until the SJWs burn it to the ground.

The cabin in Evil Dead was a nice tourist spot in Tennessee until some wankers decided to torch it simply because they could.

Quote: (08-13-2015 10:52 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

I think it would be great to rebuild something. But if you are on the outskirts you don't have any police or anything like that.

Also, once again the issue of owning/working with others. Can you find a crew you can trust? Of course, you can do it on your own. But this seems like a great opportunity for a small team.

Right. For a brave, ambitious pioneer, I think you'd only need one friend experienced with home construction, a few friends as co-owners and the rest would fall from there. You're interested in renovating these places.

I'd want to seal and waterproof a lot of the exterior areas and floor. You could get a few people to lay down epoxy flooring, seal walls and ceiling. Someone mentioned plumbing, but that's not actually that hard if you can stand to only build it for faucet and shower systems. A composting toilet is a better idea for waste. Going solar depends on if you want to pay more up front in lieu of monthly electric(if available).

What's the cheapest route for internet and cellular living if that's what a potential owner is seeking? Is it worth it to have a line installed by the township or some other means?

Well some ads like the original one mentioned good mobile connection. That means you could do a hotspot or something. You probably couldn't operate a server farm here. But I am sure some company has developed solutons for remote locations.

That or it is moped into town everyday to hit am Internet cafe.

This link mentioned line of site for wireless internet. But not sure how they do stuff in Spain.

http://lifehacker.com/how-can-i-get-dece...1322518396

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Hmm a pretty good reason to work on becoming a millionaire. I would buy the whole town and start a new civilization, with just my family and close friends.

**okay Greg wake up now**

I'm not good with my hands, buying one of these houses is going to cost me a fortune. I think learning Spanish would be a must before you start exploring property. European countries like Spain, Italy & France aren't the most friendly towards foreigners who don't speak their language.

Quote: (08-13-2015 08:57 AM)PolymathGuru Wrote:  

I'm in for a small amount, a couple thousand USD and can actually go there and research for some kind of added percentage.

I have an EU Passport. I know basic carpentry, roofing.

I know the sustainable energy, solar, hydro, battery cell, thermodynamic shit. I just need 10 years to make the location independent income...

Definitely a fun idea, but I'm actually leaning towards buying a village in SEA, since it would be closer to where I earn my money.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Portugal has a lot of similar property. Possibly even cheaper.

I always feel Spain is one debt repayment away from going all Franco and seizing properties / burning foreigners etc.

Or one debt repayment way from your property being (even more) worthless.

Quote: (08-12-2015 07:05 PM)offthereservation Wrote:  

SO NEGATIVE!!!

"There's always a catch" is a classic line of someone who doesn't want to take a risk and is envious of those who might. Maybe it isn't what you meant but you are repeating the poison lines of rotten people.

The site is a great find. Right now it really is possible to purchase properties that would have been worth ten times more in the past due to the crisis in Spain. Thanks OP.

Of course you will have to spend money. THAT'S LIFE.

Quote: (08-14-2015 09:30 AM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

I always feel Spain is one debt repayment away from going all Franco and seizing properties / burning foreigners etc.

Part of me wants to see this as an amazing deal which in a few years won't be available anymore, and we'll all kick ourselves for not jumping on.

Another part thinks "If there are literally thousands of villages being abandoned by their residents, they must have a reason for it."

Quote: (08-14-2015 09:30 AM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

You know I am big fan of yours CBW.

But duuuuudddeeee... [Image: lol.gif]

[Image: dreamcrusher.jpg]