rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dublin, Ireland 2015 Datasheet

There are a couple of threads on Dublin already, but only one decent datasheet. And its a few years old at this stage. I've been meaning to write one for a while, and am currently off sick from work with some knee ligament damage, so figured nows as good a time as any.

Preface/about me:
I spent my teens and early 20s living in Dublin for high school and undergrad. I still have lots of friends based there, along with my parents, so spend a few weeks a year there. I'm in my late 20s now so my knowledge of the younger (under 20s) places is a bit limited.

Getting there / the city:
Dublin has extensive air connections to the U.S. (direct flights to Boston, New York, Chicago, DC, Atlanta, Orlando & San Franciso). Its also a regional hub of Ryanair, so has low cost flights to most of Europe. Additionally, the middle-eastern carriers have in the last few years entered the market. There are now 2-3 daily direct flights to Dubai/Abu Dhabi.

Dublin is Ireland's largest city and capital, and is a medium sized city of about 1.2million people. It tends to attract the young/well educated from the rest of Ireland, so is a bit of a mini London in that regard. It also has quite a few large universities: UCD (32k students), Trinity (17k), DIT (22k) and DCU (12k) being the largest.

In terms of city geography, the south eastern suburbs are the more affluent. For visitors, however, you don't want to be staying too far out from the city center. The Dublin2 postcode is to the immediate south of the city, and are where most of the nightlife is. The "Northside" is anywhere north of the river Liffey, which rounds through the center of the city on an east-west axis. The Southside is anywhere south of it.

If you want to stay right in the heart of the nightlife, you should be looking for a place around Camden Street / Harcourt Street in the south of the city center (D2 post code). If you want a bit more luxury, anywhere in Ballsbridge/Donnybrook/Ranelagh will be a bit more spacious, while still being within a long walk, or short taxi ride, to the bars.

The people:
Irish people are one of the most heterogeneous in the world, with small numbers of immigrants only beginning to arrive in the 2000s. In my high school of 500 people there was 1 Asian person, and 1 African - every single other person was white Irish. Its slightly more multicultural these days, but the only minorities a tourist is likely to meet are those behind the counter in McDonalds or driving taxis - they're rarely around the nightlife scene. So if you're into not into white girls you might want to avoid it.

Irish women: are extremely similar to British: a bad diet, excessive amounts of alcohol drinking, and mild summers with no beach culture (temperatures rarely exceed 80F / 25C) mean they tend to carry around an extra 10lb / 5KG of fat. Most girls will still be skinny enough to look good in a dress, but once they're out of it they'll have a bit of a belly. Unfortunately the gym / sports culture of Australia/America for girls has yet to take hold. Skinny girls just tend to not eat, rather than exercise properly. They can be cute enough facially, but tend to wear a lot of makeup (and fake tan). In my experience there are a lot fewer 4s and 9s than in other countries, but a lot more average girls - expect a lot of 6/7s.

The girls are generally more fun than most other nationalities (they like to drink heavily, and education is quite highly prized here so a lot are very sharp intellectually) as friends, but they're not great to deal with in nightclubs. Because of the rarity of 9s any good looking girls have extremely high bitch shields. Of all the English speaking nationalities, Irish girls deal out the most severe putdowns to guys coming onto them in bars in my experience. If you're willing to lower your standards a little its extremely easy to kiss girls in bars/nightclubs (possibly because of the high levels of drunkenness), but the conversion rate to sex is low. Its sort of the opposite of Southern Europe in this regard. There, its hard work to get a kiss, but if you get a kiss you're going home with a girl. In Ireland girls will kiss you for an hour and then drunkenly wander off without a second thought. My best advice is if you start kissing a girl do not let her do any more shots unless you're very sure shes relatively sober - in Ireland more sex is lost from people being too drunk than not drunk enough.

Competition: Irish guys are on average 5ft 10 and relatively skinny. Weightlifting has only taken off amongst men in the last 10 years, so its relatively rare for guys who're 25+ to be in good shape. I'd say 10% of guys in a 25+ bar look like they lift. The diet and booze obviously plays a factor here too. Amongst younger guys (under 23), especially the middle classes who're into rugby, however, weightlifting is the norm. In a bar full of the younger age range in this demographic its more like 50% who lift.

Irish guys aren't known to be particularly good looking, but they are usually charming. The flip side to this is they also get paraplegicly drunk on most nights out. If you want to stand out from the competition here your best bet is to be someone who looks like they lift weights, and isn't smashed drunk. If you can chat up a girl without slurring your words you'll be ahead of 50% of the competition.

The most successful guys you'll see in bars here are the stereotypical American jock - muscles, preppy, tall etc. Rugby is the dominant sport amongst the middle classes, so most girls dream of getting a star rugby player.

Venues:
Pubs stop serving at 23:30 midweek, 00:30 at weekends. Most nightclubs at 02:30. 'late' clubs at 04:30. Pubs will be busy from 22:00, clubs from 00:30, late clubs from 01:30. In no particular order:

Temple Bar: the first and most obvious tourist destination. Its about two square blocks of pubs with nightclub licenses (0230 closing). Massively popular with tourists. Massively overpriced (expect 7eur a beer). The only locals that go here are men who go to pick up tourist chicks - which it IS great for. If you don't want to hit on American tourist girls or English hen parties though I'd advise to steer clear. Its busy 7 nights a week, though, which is rare in Dublin.

Harcourt Street: These are all mostly a 21-30 crowd, apart from the Black Door which skews a bit older (28+).
Coppers - busy 7 nights a week. Open till 0430. Has a reputation as a pickup joint, so is probably the easiest place to bring home a girl from in Dublin. Don't expect lookers though, high quality girls tend to avoid.
D2, Diceys, two different nightclubs, both with large smoking areas. D2 busy at weekends, but gets a lot of stag/hen parties from the UK. Diceys is busy 7 nights a week. Diceys has 2eur drinks midweek, so gets a lot of stingy English language students. Has a Brasilian night on Tuesdays which is excellent - all Brasilian girls.
Krystle and the Black Door have a higher class of people generally. Krystle is Dublin's "celebrity" club so gets that type of crowd. Better looking girls, higher bitch shields. The Black Door is free in, the others usually have cover of around 10eur. Black Door is 28+, and can be fairly strict if you appear to be lower class - its the only place in Ireland I've seen groups of attractive girls being refused from, because they had the wrong kind of accent. If you're around 30 its extremely easy to score in either of these places, if you give off the right "young professional" vibe. Higher chances of a one night stand with the older girls than with younger ones too.

Leeson Street: Bucks and Leggs are two 'late' clubs, open to 0430. People go to either of these when they're smashed drunk but don't want to go home yet. Bucks is a lot nicer inside, but has a 10eur cover. Both a mid 20s crowd. Leggs tends to have easier, but lower quality girls.
House is a relatively new club on Leeson Street. Its extremely pretentious, and has a 30+ age profile, so I do my best to avoid it. If you're 35+ it might be an option though. All three clubs here only busy on weekends.

Camden Street/Georges Street:
The Palace: probably the only real European style club in Dublin: lovely high, vaulted ceiling and commercial EDM. A young crowd though. If you're over 23 you'll stand out in a bad way. Busy for student nights (Wed/Thu) and the weekend.
The Globe / Market Bar / No Name Bar / Hogans / Flannerys/Capitol: these are all trendy bars within 500m of each other. Expect a mid 20s crowd. A bit more hipster than you'd find on Harcourt / Leeson Street, but not overly so. They're nice bars to bring a date to, or go with mates, but aren't great for scoring. Busy at weekends.

South William Street:
Lost Society: A large old house has both of these bars in it. Lost Society is quite fancy inside, but no cover. Plays good EDM music. Its somewhere between a bar and a nightclub, so can be decent for scoring. Busy at weekends. Pygmalion is a bar in the basement that is quite dancey. Expect lots of people on MDMA, and some relatively intense techno. Gets VERY crowded at weekends. Not great for scoring I think because of the crowds - but if you're into that scene its one of only a couple of places in Dublin for it. Both busy weekends.

Ranelagh: this is a suburb immediately south of the city. It's the suburb of choice for 20 somethings with money, and this is reflected in the large numbers of bars and restaurants here. Its a great place to live, but isnt fantastic for gaming. The pubs (Smyths, Russels, Tap House) are again good with mates, but not great for scoring. McSorleys is the exception to this, which has a bit of a reputation as an early 30s pickup place. If you like older women (30ish), and are in the area, its a good choice to call into for a drink or two at the weekend.

Others:
Twisted Pepper (Abbey Street, just on the Northside of the city): 3 different floors, all pretty heavy dance music. The most drugsy club in Dublin - lots of high people. Quite a hipster crowd too.
The Academy (also Abbey Street): lots of gigs here, the crowd varies a lot by gig. From quite ghetto (for mainstream EDM), to all African immigrants (rap), to pop music.
Howl At the Moon (just off Merrion Square, in the D2 post code): 3 floors, mainstream pop music. 21-25 year old crowd. 10eur cover. Its essentially just a large bar with a cover, but it calls itself a nightclub. If you want a more chilled night but still want to talk to women I'd recommend it - lots of less noisey areas where you can have a conversation.

Other suburban areas: there's the odd suburban club (Club 92 in Leopardstown, the Wright Venue in Swords and a few others) but in general they're best avoided. Its mostly just ghetto people, in awful venues.

--

There's loads of touristy stuff to do in the city, that most foreigners who visit I know have loved - the Guinness factory etc. That general tourist information is readily available elsewhere on the web though so I'll leave it out.

Red Heads?

WIA

Nice breakdown Zatara. What about daytime though? I am aware of Grafton street and Trinity college for D2. Outside of those area not so much.

Temple Bar is crazy expensive for drinks. I paid €12.70 for a grey goose and lemonade in Buskers. Could have bought a bottle for €50-60 at the airport. There's is one nightclub in Temple Bar that is full of Irish people. Alchemy. Only been twice and it is easily 2-3 times busier during freshers month. Club M may have be full of Irish too but I wasn't in there long enough to find out. From my observation with Alchemy is is if the back entrance is open it is going to be busy, if not then go elsewhere. Back entrance being around the side.

Reminds me I should probably take a quick trip back there and go back to the old Jameson distillery. Name engraved bottles of black label are €70 there.

I personally preferred Cork during my trip there but I was in Dublin Thursday & Friday, Cork Saturday and Sunday.

WIA redheads.... More in Scotland than Ireland. I only saw one smoking hot redhead. Frankly she was gorgeous, posh and studied at Trinity.

Quote: (07-10-2015 03:53 PM)JordanH Wrote:  

I personally preferred Cork during my trip there but I was in Dublin Thursday & Friday, Cork Saturday and Sunday.

I've brought this up before and heard crickets, but is Cork much worse during the summer than the rest of the year? The reason why I ask is that I know that Cork is a university city and many of the girls from there go to the Jersey Shore or to other parts of the United States during the summer.

Quote: (07-10-2015 02:09 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Red Heads?

WIA

Ireland is the joint red head capital of the world (along with Scotland). Its still relatively low % though, around 10%. Lots of red heads will dye their hair to hide it too. So that plus fake tans makes them look normal. Daywalkers, if you will.

Quote: (07-10-2015 03:53 PM)JordanH Wrote:  

Nice breakdown Zatara. What about daytime though? I am aware of Grafton street and Trinity college for D2. Outside of those area not so much.

Temple Bar is crazy expensive for drinks. I paid €12.70 for a grey goose and lemonade in Buskers. Could have bought a bottle for €50-60 at the airport. There's is one nightclub in Temple Bar that is full of Irish people. Alchemy. Only been twice and it is easily 2-3 times busier during freshers month. Club M may have be full of Irish too but I wasn't in there long enough to find out. From my observation with Alchemy is is if the back entrance is open it is going to be busy, if not then go elsewhere. Back entrance being around the side.

I'm not huge on daygame I'm afraid, always figured its easy enough to meet girls in bars and its far less effort doing that when out with mates than going out specifically to chat up girls. Plus it being easier with everyone drunk. I think with the mentioned bitch shields Irish girls would possibly be quite hostile to a lot of day-game style stuff I've seen. If you had to though, yeah, Grafton Street, Trinity College, St Stephens Green / Merrion Square (both city parks) all in the south of the city centre (D2 area) would be the go to places.

Alchemy in Temple Bar is a fairly young spot, I dont think it gets many people over 21. Play nightclub on D'Olier Street (close to Temple Bar) is similar in crowd/geography. I havent been to either in 5+ years so I didnt want to mention them through hearsay alone. Might be an option for younger guys, though. Club M is notorious for being either ghetto people (knackers, in local parlance - what Brits call chavs) or British stag/hen parties. I'd give it a fairly strong 'avoid' rating.

Quote: (07-10-2015 05:12 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

I've brought this up before and heard crickets, but is Cork much worse during the summer than the rest of the year? The reason why I ask is that I know that Cork is a university city and many of the girls from there go to the Jersey Shore or to other parts of the United States during the summer.

I've been to Cork in summer and its...quiet. Most Irish college students spend their summer outside of Ireland (the US, Canada, S-E Asia, interrailing around Europe etc). So that combined with Cork not being particularly big to begin with (200k in the urban area) means there's not a whole lot of choice in summer. September, when college is back but weather isnt awful yet, would be a better time to visit if you can swing it.

Dublin as I remembered it. Overhyped & overpriced not to mention the city centre overrun with junkies and a general air of menace around it in the evenings. Diceys on a Tuesday brings back some nice memories.

Re daygaming in Dublin, here's my suggestions:
Irish women generally aren't very open to daygaming, which is a contradiction in a sense as we're generally perceived as a friendly nation.
I'm not a regular daygamer but for the times I've dabbled in it, I've never got better than a lukewarm response from an Irish girl. I'm sure you can achieve success in the daytime with Irish chicks but there's better spoils to be had for significantly less work with the tourists or foreigners who are studying in Dublin.
So my mantra is go where the tourists go.

Here are your go-to places for daygaming in Dublin, in my book:

The Guinness Storehouse, the rooftop bar and the entire stretch from Christchurch Cathedral down to Guinness itself.
Every tourist goes here, and on average, the sub-30 ones are significantly more photogenic than your average Irish sub-30 girl.
Yes there's plenty of couples and some families but also plenty of groups of guys and girls.
The rooftop bar is an ideal place to get chatting to strangers, you have the view over the city to inspire you, everyone's having a drink and I've found the women up here amenable to flirtatious banter.
You can find out their logistics, where they're staying, how long they're staying for, etc and arrange to meet them in the city centre later now that they 'know' you already.

So you don't want to spend 15 euro on the entrance fee, or you've been inside Guinness before? No problem. Keep reading.
Many tourists make the walk from the city centre down to Guinness. For the most part, it's a rough and ready street with few signs to point tourists in the right direction, so it's an ideal place to practise your 'friendly local showing attractive tourists how to get to the Guinness factory' game.
Here's where you drop your "Actually, it's not that easy to find, here I'll show you the way." Walk with, and use the few minutes to make flirty fun conversation, and try to arrange a later meeting for drinks in the city.
Many of the bars and cafés along Thomas St. will have some tourists in them, either going to or coming back from the Guinness Storehouse.
You'll spot them easy enough, and can easily start off a conversation with some reference to Guinness, how to get there, segue into chatting about some of the many famous Guinness ads over the years, etc

Then you have Christchurch Cathedral, another tourist favourite, just in front of the church you have a green space, where people sit on benches or on the grass.
Guaranteed that 80% of these people are tourists and a surprising amount are cute young girls, especially in the Summer.
You know the script, game said girls accordingly and arrange to meet later.
You also have Dublinia right beside Christchurch Cathedral, which also attracts many tourists, so really, there's no excuse, this part of 'town' is heaving with tourists, especially in the Summer, make use of this.

Next on our list are Kilmainham Gaol and the Jameson Distillery.
Again, you're typically talking 75% upwards of people in these places will be tourists.
Jameson Distillery is close to the city centre, and is beside the area known as 'Smithfield'.
Smithfield is Hipster Central, you'll find the hipster hangout 'The Dice Bar'(very click-ish, although you can get some cute indie/alt chicks here), organic food outlets, arthouse cinema, etc
'The Cobblestone' pub is a lively place, they have trad music sessions regularly which draws the tourists, but quality varies and it can be a real sausage-fest at times
So perhaps a better bet is 'The Generator Hostel'.
There's always people coming and going here, seeing as it's a hostel.
Again, we're talking mostly tourists here, many of whom are young and female, plenty of groups of girls, a bar, some pool tables, djs, open areas with benches where you can sit and chat and get talking to people.
Kilmainham Gaol also has plenty of tourists groups visiting it.
Probably your best bet if you're going out to the Gaol, is to hop on one of those 'Hop on, Hop off' yellow buses which transport tourists around the city to the various tourist locations.
Generally people are in good humour and open to chatting on these buses, so again use this opportunity. These buses tend to have a fun vibe and the women onboard usually are open for a bit of fun and a bit of conversation and banter with cool, confident, witty & interesting men like ourselves.

Then there's Stephen's Green.
This is a park with lakes/ponds right in the city centre, at the top of Grafton St.
In Summertime in particular, it's full of young people, many are locals, and like I said before, the natives are largely immune to daygame, but once you hear a foreign accent, then you know you're good to go.
Choose whichever game works best for you.
Bring a frisbee/ball which you can fool around with, before throwing it accidentally into a group of girls.
Ask women for directions.
Feed the ducks.
Do whatever it is that gives you opportunities to get talking to girls, cos there's any amount of them in this park in the Summer months.

That's all I got for now gents, but if I think of more, I'll update this thread.

Edit: Those 'hop-on hop-off' buses are not yellow as it turns out!

Excellent breakdown zatara!

Just to add a few more places where you can go in Dublin to try and pick up foreign chicks:

The Czech Inn (Temple Bar): A two story bar at the very end of Temple Bar that attracts mainly Eastern Europeans during the week and late night bar hoppers of all nationalities at the weekend. It's open until 3am and is usually quite lively at the weekend but it's not cheap (€6 for a beer) and it turns into a sausagefest most weekends. In saying that it's one of the best places to pick up Eastern European chicks in the city so is ideal for nightgaming.

Pifko (Usher's Quay): Another Czech/Slovak bar but much smaller and far less touristy then the Czech Inn. This bar serves authentic Czech/Slovak food and beers and is quiet during the week but picks up most weekends with live music or a DJ. Most of the staff and customers are Czech or Slovak so it can be quite cliquey and hard to cold approach chicks, plus most are either with their friends speaking their native language or surrounded by their country men. In saying that I've had success there but it was very random and very infrequent.

The Living Room (Cathal Brugha Street): More of a sports bar but a hot spot for a lot of students and the multicultural population of the city gather here every weekend, so great for nightgaming foreign chicks. I'm not a smoker but the smoking section in this place is suppose to be a goldmine as it's shared with two other bars behind it so you get a massive crowd out there at any given time. The only down side is that the ratios are mostly 70:30 and the quality might not be all that great.

Just to follow on what the other posters have mentioned, don't come to Dublin looking for local chicks as they are nothing special (think an overweight 5/6 with too much make-up and a nasty attitude looking for a Channing Tatum lookalike), but there are lots of fine Eastern Europe and South American chicks working and studying here, you just got to game in volume and hope that you are in the right place at the right time.

Great data sheet. All I can add is that Dublin is probably the best tinder city in Europe. Every single girl there uses it and it's quite easy to stack matches. Also I'm not sure you sold coppers enough, I don't know if there is anywhere else like it in the world. A 7 night a week meet market which isn't a complete sausage fest. I've never come across anything close to that elsewhere.

Cool! Next week I'm there!

Glad to see this sheet bumped up. Brough me back some memories and already taken a few days off for my birthday. Might take a flight over for a long weekend. Great to see some additional information added too. If I do go I will definitely chip in a little bit extra too.

I'm in Dublin for the first time and am enjoying it. I walked around for a while yesterday and went out last night in Harcourt street. So far these are my observations...

-People are very friendly. The few guys I talked to immediately welcomed me into their social circles and offered to buy my a drink. They were genuinely interested in the fact that I'm from the States. I was told repeatedly that Irish girls love American accents. This is the first place I have been to in a long time where being foreign is exciting to people. Note: I stayed away from Temple Bar.

-I approached probably 20 girls, didn't get blown out once and got super flirty and into kino with 3 girls one of whom I made out with. Girl 1 was a tall, thin, hot 30 year old at her friend's party. Girl 2 was a tall, thin, super hot, upper 20s girl from France and one of the hottest girls I have hung out with in the last couple of years. Did I mention she was super hot? She approached me but was with 4 beta orbiters and after flirting for a while, I decided the risk of cockblocking from the orbiters was too high. Girl 3 was the youngest of the bunch (I'm guessing 21). She too was tall and right on the edge of cute and hot. After a little dancing we made out. Very quickly, she came to my hotel but security would not let her in so I got cockblocked...DANG!

-It is a challenge to break girls away from their social circles, more so than in the U.S.

-People are indeed homogeneous. The last time I was in such a white country was in Iceland in the 1990s.

-I would say the girls are cuter than average internationally, better than England and The U.S. Cute is very common, hot is not. Ireland is not Columbia, Russia or even Spain.

-Things are not particularly cheap but they are not particularly expensive either compared to other Western Cities. The nightclubs and bars I was at were all selling Guinness for 5-6 Euros and there are plenty of options for healthy meals for less than 10 Euros.

Overall, I'm having a great time here[Image: smile.gif]

Anyone around for St Paddys Day? Ill be here today through the 20th

Quote: (03-14-2017 10:03 AM)DMario Wrote:  

Would like to be there to meet a forum member however I cant be on this occasion.

If you are looking for a good place with a lot of drunk girls go to Diceys Bar, drinks are cheap and it goes on till late.

He who dares wins - Del Boy

^Hit up Harcourt St. this weekend. It was a blast two years ago

Quote: (03-14-2017 10:41 AM)Steve McQueen Wrote:  

Would like to be there to meet a forum member however I cant be on this occasion.

If you are looking for a good place with a lot of drunk girls go to Diceys Bar, drinks are cheap and it goes on till late.

Copper Face Jacks? [Image: wink.gif]

Quote: (03-15-2017 05:28 PM)mcgooie Wrote:  

Quote: (03-14-2017 10:41 AM)Steve McQueen Wrote:  

Copper Face Jacks? [Image: wink.gif]

Ha ha, true a trip to Dublin is not complete without a trip to Coppers, go there aswell !

Quote: (07-19-2015 07:36 AM)Brick Top Wrote:  

Just to follow on what the other posters have mentioned, don't come to Dublin looking for local chicks as they are nothing special (think an overweight 5/6 with too much make-up and a nasty attitude looking for a Channing Tatum lookalike)

Sounds like the US with better make-up skills; is it any better outside Dublin or is it fatties all around?

Quote: (03-17-2017 10:47 AM)scrambled Wrote:  

Just to follow on what the other posters have mentioned, don't come to Dublin looking for local chicks as they are nothing special (think an overweight 5/6 with too much make-up and a nasty attitude looking for a Channing Tatum lookalike)

Sounds like the US with better make-up skills; is it any better outside Dublin or is it fatties all around?

Girls in Dublin are the best on offer, you will find good quality but its very hard to crack as attitude is bad and entitlement is through the roof.

Cold approach is near impossible in rural areas (where I currently reside) but you can score readily up there.

Shoot for foreign girls as your success rate will be higher.

In Diceys Garden as I posted above, lots of South American girls live in the city and go there in the evenings.

For Eastern Europeans go to The Czech Inn.

For US Americans O'Neils on Suffolk Street.

For a good mix of every nationality go to The Temple Bar - but be wary of this place as they charge 6 euro a pint which goes up to 11 euro a pint after 11.30pm. This happens in a lot of the pubs in this part of town - The Temple Bar/Oliver St John Gogartys/The Auld Dub are three I can think of off the top of my head.

Temple Bar area (not just the pub above) is avoided as a rule for most of us natives but I have gone there a lot in the past as its like fishing with dynamite with the foreign girls, a lot of SNL in hotel rooms close to.

For native Dubliners - Any pubs on or around Grafton Street, Dame Street, Georges Street.

For country girls Copper Face Jacks - Known as the easiest place in Dublin to score.

Quote: (03-17-2017 12:00 PM)Steve McQueen Wrote:  

For a good mix of every nationality go to The Temple Bar - but be wary of this place as they charge 6 euro a pint which goes up to 11 euro a pint after 11.30pm.

I've not been near The Temple Bar in years but 11 quid? People are paying 11e a pint?

Quote: (03-19-2017 04:30 PM)davyjose Wrote:  

For a good mix of every nationality go to The Temple Bar - but be wary of this place as they charge 6 euro a pint which goes up to 11 euro a pint after 11.30pm.

I've not been near The Temple Bar in years but 11 quid? People are paying 11e a pint?

Actually my bad there, around 8 quid so not as bad but still a scandal

Quote: (03-19-2017 04:41 PM)Steve McQueen Wrote:  

Quote: (03-19-2017 04:30 PM)davyjose Wrote:  

Actually my bad there, around 8 quid so not as bad but still a scandal

Yeah still ridiculous. Another reason to stay out of that kip, and Temple Bar in general.

Girls in Dublin are the best on offer, you will find good quality but its very hard to crack as attitude is bad and entitlement is through the roof.

Cold approach is near impossible in rural areas (where I currently reside) but you can score readily up there.

In Diceys Garden as I posted above, lots of South American girls live in the city and go there in the evenings.

For a good mix of every nationality go to The Temple Bar - but be wary of this place as they charge 6 euro a pint which goes up to 11 euro a pint after 11.30pm. This happens in a lot of the pubs in this part of town - The Temple Bar/Oliver St John Gogartys/The Auld Dub are three I can think of off the top of my head.

Temple Bar area (not just the pub above) is avoided as a rule for most of us natives but I have gone there a lot in the past as its like fishing with dynamite with the foreign girls, a lot of SNL in hotel rooms close to.

For native Dubliners - Any pubs on or around Grafton Street, Dame Street, Georges Street.

For country girls Copper Face Jacks - Known as the easiest place in Dublin to score.

Concur with all of this, though as I've said earlier I'm not a fan of anywhere in Temple Bar.

Quote: (03-19-2017 05:42 PM)davyjose Wrote:  

Concur with all of this, though as I've said earlier I'm not a fan of anywhere in Temple Bar.

Think i might take a trip down from Belfast some night next week. Been ages since I was last out in Dublin. Anyone around on say Thursday night at all?