rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Guatemala

Guatemala

So I just got bumped today on my flight and was compensated with a free $400 flight voucher! I'm probably gonna take a week and a half and go to Guatemala. (I'm open to other suggestions for cities in Central America though).
Has anybody here been to Guatemala? What are some good things to see? I'll probably spend my time in Guatemala City. How are the women the city?

Guatemala

Guate (as we call Guatemala City) has a limited night-life, according to my local intel. same crowd frequenting the same spots. There are probably gems, but I couldnt tell you. I heard the gentlemen clubs are top notch.

You cannot walk around at night, ALWAYS take a taxi or drive with friends. The latter is better because then you wont get scammed. Hows your spanish? if you speak none, youre fucked either way. Just leave it.

Guatemalans with dough really like Antigua, about an hour away. Antigua has one club, called Casbah. Thursday is gay night (just a warning). Bottle service for Zacapa is about 700Qs (USD100) but that rum is lush. Fuck champagne. I cant say much about the crowd.

No, the place I had the most fun was O'Reilly's, the Irish Bar. The crowd was lively and there was a good mix of locals and backpackers, which is what youll see most of in Antigua. But better quality backpackers than most places I was in - Dutch and Danish girls especially, and loads of beta-backpackers who cant score to save their lives and sad Guatemalan men too. It was easy. Id say a decent amount 7s, but few 8s and plently of 6s and below. But easy to get laid if logistics are right.

So...

Monday - not much going on
Tuedsay - Ladies night at Mono Loco, cheap shitty drinks, then everyone goes to La Sin Ventura next door to salsa. It's fun but very crowded.
Wed - La Esquina, salsa night, awesome live band, but you need to bust a move. I met miss Guatemala 2003 here but I blew it
Thur - La Sala, live music, usually pretty good, ladies night, so drunk girls galore
Friday and Saturday, party is everywhere.

But again, I had most fun at O'Reilleys, Casbah is the real club though. And it's got a great terrace bar for earlier in the evening. There are happy hours in several of the hostels (Gato Negro/Black Cat and Jungle Party) if you wanna swing by and roll with some pretty backpacker girls.

In addition, Antigua has great dining.

In short, Guate probably has the best LOCAL talent (latinos of european descent, not mestizos or mayans) and again, I failed to check it out, but my the few hot locals I met while I was in Antigua said it was limited. They thought Antigua was a blast. BUt then again, it was almost their first time without their parents. Guate is also dangerous as fuck as night. Be careful.

If you go to Guatemala, you can also:

hike Pacaya

You HAVE to go to Semuc Champay, mindblowingly gorgeous, and Grotas Lanquin
Flores and Tikal, of course
Rio Dulce and Livingston
Lago Atitlan

Guatemala

So.

Go to Guatemala to fuck backpacker girls and for amazing mindblowing scenery.

I cant really comment on the locals - I got some makeouts, but no bangs. I met a Danish guy, 6'4'', blonde and he got laid with a fine upper-class specimen after doing some impressive magician-tricks (literally the coolest card-tricks I had seen).

But I think for the quality chicks thatd be tough. Unless you roll like our resident G

Guatemala

I stayed in Antigua for about 10 days. There are a few good salsa clubs there and the night life isn't bad Thurs thru Saturday. Very safe town too. Only really safe place in the country I think.

The local girls are extremely easy -- easiest I've found in Latin America. Although quality is definitely an issue there. The women tend to be short and a bit stumpy.

Guatemala

Yeah, important to distinguish between ethnic European locals (German immigrants and the like) and the mestizos and mayans.

The latter are easier, but of course they would be, they're not that hot.

El Salvador has much more attractive local women. Best in CA from the little I saw - sadly, it can probably be attributed to brutal dictators slaughtering indigenous populations.

Guatemala

Thanks for all the input. My Spanish is pretty bad, which may cause a problem. I'm gonna practice a bit over the next month before I go.
I should have clarified a bit more in my initial post. I'm most interested in picking up on local girls rather than tourists. But to be honest, I'm only taking a short trip this time, so I'm more interested in adventure, seeing cool things, and a cool life experience, rather than spending my time partying. Of course I'll be going after the broads, but it's not my biggest priority this time around..

Guatemala

That's contradictory.

You wanna game bitches, you're gonna have to stay in one spot.

You wanna go on adventures, you've gotta move around, and you will get backpacker pussy instead.

Guatemala

Quote: (06-02-2011 10:49 AM)travolta Wrote:  

Thanks for all the input. My Spanish is pretty bad, which may cause a problem. I'm gonna practice a bit over the next month before I go.
I should have clarified a bit more in my initial post. I'm most interested in picking up on local girls rather than tourists. But to be honest, I'm only taking a short trip this time, so I'm more interested in adventure, seeing cool things, and a cool life experience, rather than spending my time partying. Of course I'll be going after the broads, but it's not my biggest priority this time around..

Antigua has probably the cheapest Spanish classes of any country if you want to take classes there.

Guatemala

I found guatemalan women to be very friendly and incredibly easy to bang. Quality is not the greatest, think 5's-7's. Average height there is around 5'2, so you should definitely have a height advantage. If you go to any of the less touristed areas, smaller towns etc. it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Guatemala

Quote: (06-02-2011 01:12 PM)Invictus Wrote:  

You wanna go on adventures, you've gotta move around, and you will get backpacker pussy instead.

Tell us more about this backpacker pussy Invictus.

Aside form the occasional couch-surfing chic I've banged, I've never hit a hardcore backpacker girl that looks like one from a mile away.

Mixx

Guatemala

Good points. I only want to spend a couple of days in Guate so I'll probably be going after the backpacker broads a bit. I'm only going for about 10 days so I want to see as much of the country as possible in this short time span.

Invictus said before:
"hike Pacaya

You HAVE to go to Semuc Champay, mindblowingly gorgeous, and Grotas Lanquin
Flores and Tikal, of course
Rio Dulce and Livingston
Lago Atitlan"

Is it possible to see all of this in 10 days? What is a good/efficient itinerary to include all of this and Antigua? I'd fly into Guatemala City

Guatemala

"Antigua has probably the cheapest Spanish classes of any country if you want to take classes there."

WRONG. Go to Lago Atitlan... San Pedro. In Antigua, you can get cheap classes, but San Pedro you get 20 hours a week + food (3 meals a day 5/6 days a week) + accommodation for USD150 a month. That's even better than Nicaragua, and Nicaragua is FUCKING cheap (think 2.25 for a whole meal plus agua pura, unbelievable).

Antigua is awesome though. I was there four weeks, I took 5-6 hours of Spanish a day, and loved it. But it was pricier than Atitlan. next time I will stay in Atitlan, and go early in the summer, when the skies are clear. Atitlan is AMAZING its best with clear skies. Mind-blowing, like going to California for the first time.

"I found guatemalan women to be very friendly and incredibly easy to bang"

True. IF you´re talking about MESTIZOS and MAYANS. Can be nice, but there are HOT upper-class Guatemalan girls, and I mean "feckin" rich people, but they are near impossible to bang (if you have a limited time-frame). If I had 3-4 weeks in the same city, there was one girl Im postive I couldve banged - stupid rich, but damn she was a dear. If only all girls could be that hot and nice at the same time.

In general though, you need tight game like you would in any western city. But as soon as they open up, they are very hospitable.

Guatemala is an even more inequal society than Brazil, I believe. Backpackers girls much hotter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Guatemala

Mixx, as for backpacker girls.

My general impression is that the girls adventurous enough to hit Guate, Nica and ElSal are generally not the hottest, although plenty of wholesome girls get through. Good share of 7s, a few 8s, VERY few 9s - loads of 6s and under. It seems being adventurous doesn´t figure into the hot girl's itinerary. Also.. many of the nicer girls travel with their boyfriends. Even if those guys are betas...

Half the fun of backpacking and traveling is hooking up. When youre backpacking, youre even more disgusting than if youre staying in a hotel. It has to be the wonder, excitement and the constant automatic "venue change" that makes the pussy ripe for plucking.

In addition to this, backpacker girls are cool and down to earth.

Backpacker guys are friendly, but Id say 90% betas or worse. Guys with the big hearts, but no balls. And really, theyre not that good-looking either... many of them are sad.

So along come I, balls swinging, shiteating grin and while by danish standards Im an average dude (I reckon danish guys are rated above average in terms of looks by most girls in the world), in CA I was definitely above average.

So, I did ok. On several ocassions I took the hottest girl in the venue home with me, but that didnt change the fact she almost never was better than a decent 7, MAYBE 7.5.

I put up a post earlier where I had a pic of my blonde conquest in Antigua. That's about as good as it would get.

If you go up to Quintana Roo (AMAZING beaches), the quality shoots through the roof, but then you´re back to your typical Western club scene game, where the best deal is to get to the girls BEFORE you get to the club. In Costa Rica, the girls are hotter too, again for the same reason. But Costa Rica is not as much a "club-scene" as Playa del Carmen. I heard Panama was the shit, and Im sorry I havent been. I reckon Bocas del Toro is probably the best spot in Central america from what I heard, if you want to party with the sub 25 year olds.

Guatemala, Nica, ElSal.. you just show up, eye contact, and then its yours to lose. I hooked up with an Austrian girl (decent 7) in Leon, Nicaragua and she was down for banging. Then a Nicaraguan girl I had unsuccessfully been going after for 2 weeks showed, and I ditched the austrian girl so I could bang Ms Nica. No way I was going to let my Nica flag get away.

2 weeks later I met austrian girl in San Juan del sur. She reprimanded me for ditching her, and I just blamed her for disappearing. Her hostility and doubt of me changed almost immediately as her hamster did my bidding and convinced her it was her own fault she hadnt been sluttier and taken me quicker. From then it took me five minutes to convince her to follow me down to the beach, where I proceeded to fuck her. Forget the fact I got robbed by knife-wielding local boys as I was sticking my dick into her, that kinda killed the mood. Never mind, its the thought that counts, so I figured my flag was captured and i took her home as she raged about losing her purse and all her shit. I put her to bed, returned to the party, and closed the deal with an italian girl (a bare 6, but only because she had put on weight... she would be a solid seven if she was in shape) who had told our mutual friends she liked me. I took her down the promenade, into a closed restaurants open spaced area, into the bathroom, then fucked her there. When we got out, the guard was waiting for us. NICE!

Backpackers girls are 19-26 somethings who want adventure.

Adventure = beautiful scenery, dick, great beaches, dick, cool people, dick, awesome activities, dick, etc. etc.

My favorite spot in my whole trip?

Little Corn Island... PARADISE.

I will be going back pronto just for that... the gem of Nicaragua. I discovered I much prefer divers to surfers, and Little Corn is super chill and small enough that youll meet everyone and at least one of them will be a slutty backpacker girl who is looking for some caribbean romance. Do not expect fake tits, or super "fly" girls. Expect girls with dirt between their nails and a lust for adventure.

The other stuff is up by Playa and Cancun.

Costa Rica is a decent half-way deal. Hotter than the rest of CA, but still semi-adventurous and youthful.

Guatemala

You want to see the country, this is what you do:

Arrive Guate, hit Antigua - one hour a way. Cabs from Airport to bus terminal should not cost more than 40Qs, MAX. Drivers will try and fuck witchu, theyre gonna want about 80-100Qs. Dont let them. Walk away, then come back.

If possible, approach other backpackers in the airport to split a cab. MAKE sure you agree the rate with the driver before getting in.

Buses Antigua - Guate cost 9Qs... take one hour. Awesome experience, chicken buses are the shit. You never though a bus could be adorned with so much useless shit.

Antigua is best in weekends, but stay 2 days, check out cerro de la cruz. You can climb Agua (7-9 hours up and down), Acantenango (takes about 2 days) or Pacaya for a day trip. First two are good exercise, but this time of year, the weather might mean volcano hikig is a waste of time. Great city to explore, way too many cafes and shit...

I liked Condeza (parque central) for coffee, pricey but its the best. For eating, Fridas (Mexican) was not a disappointment, I can recommend travel menu if you want something tasty and inexpensive. There are some good steak houses, too, Indian, Thai, Sushi (on 1a avenida, especially... double up on sushi rolls tuesdays and thursdays). Bagel barn for breakfast, I heard Bistrot Cinq has an amazing Sunday brunch from 12-3pm with mimosas and all. There is also El Sabor del Tiempo... looks super cool with wine stocked up the walls. Thats on 5a avenida.

After antigua, hit Atitlan. Panajachel is supposed to cool, san pedro too. 2 days.

Then go to Semuc Chempey and Lanquin. Two days to see that. Takes 6-8 hours from Atitlan. If you want, head on to Quetzaltenango (Xela, for short) to shop crafts and arts. But youll have to carry it, prices are better than Antigua.

After Semuc and lanquin, consider the livingston and rio dulce... great tours, would take about a day or two.

Go to Flores and Tikal, two days more. Stay at los amigos. Then take either the night or morning bus from Flores/Santa Elena to get to Guate, depending on what time your flight is. Avoid staying in Guate if you can or unless you know someone. It´s a mess. Maybe go straight from Flores back to Antigua, take a day in Antigua to shop shit and then go home.

Then back to Guate. Buy two bottles of Ron zacapa in the airport (USD80). take 12 days, if you can, then you can see it all. Party hard, travel hard. Go out every night, then get up at 5AM and catch the early bus, and sleep on the bus. Use the traveling time, of which there will be a LOT to sleep.

As i said... that rum is LUSH.

Guatemala

Wow. Great info, Invictus! I think this year I will finally make it down there, to Central America.

You mentioned a place called San Pedro, Guatemala and said costs for all that stuff are only $150 per month. Is this right, or a typo? I thought the prices were something like $150 per WEEK (at least in Antigua)??

MiXX, I think you haven't met the backpacker chicks because you stated before that you haven't stayed in the youth hostels. I am sure you would get backpacker pussy if you stayed at hostels, instead of hotels. Hell, it might be easy pickins for you to spend a few nights this summer at some Miami hostels, just to bang some backpacker chicks!

Guatemala

Quote: (06-02-2011 02:57 PM)Invictus Wrote:  

"Antigua has probably the cheapest Spanish classes of any country if you want to take classes there."

WRONG. Go to Lago Atitlan... San Pedro. In Antigua, you can get cheap classes, but San Pedro you get 20 hours a week + food (3 meals a day 5/6 days a week) + accommodation for USD150 a month. That's even better than Nicaragua, and Nicaragua is FUCKING cheap (think 2.25 for a whole meal plus agua pura, unbelievable).

Antigua is awesome though. I was there four weeks, I took 5-6 hours of Spanish a day, and loved it. But it was pricier than Atitlan. next time I will stay in Atitlan, and go early in the summer, when the skies are clear. Atitlan is AMAZING its best with clear skies. Mind-blowing, like going to California for the first time.

"I found guatemalan women to be very friendly and incredibly easy to bang"

True. IF you´re talking about MESTIZOS and MAYANS. Can be nice, but there are HOT upper-class Guatemalan girls, and I mean "feckin" rich people, but they are near impossible to bang (if you have a limited time-frame). If I had 3-4 weeks in the same city, there was one girl Im postive I couldve banged - stupid rich, but damn she was a dear. If only all girls could be that hot and nice at the same time.

In general though, you need tight game like you would in any western city. But as soon as they open up, they are very hospitable.

Guatemala is an even more inequal society than Brazil, I believe. Backpackers girls much hotter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Guatemala

Mixx, as for backpacker girls.

My general impression is that the girls adventurous enough to hit Guate, Nica and ElSal are generally not the hottest, although plenty of wholesome girls get through. Good share of 7s, a few 8s, VERY few 9s - loads of 6s and under. It seems being adventurous doesn´t figure into the hot girl's itinerary. Also.. many of the nicer girls travel with their boyfriends. Even if those guys are betas...

Half the fun of backpacking and traveling is hooking up. When youre backpacking, youre even more disgusting than if youre staying in a hotel. It has to be the wonder, excitement and the constant automatic "venue change" that makes the pussy ripe for plucking.

In addition to this, backpacker girls are cool and down to earth.

Backpacker guys are friendly, but Id say 90% betas or worse. Guys with the big hearts, but no balls. And really, theyre not that good-looking either... many of them are sad.

So along come I, balls swinging, shiteating grin and while by danish standards Im an average dude (I reckon danish guys are rated above average in terms of looks by most girls in the world), in CA I was definitely above average.

So, I did ok. On several ocassions I took the hottest girl in the venue home with me, but that didnt change the fact she almost never was better than a decent 7, MAYBE 7.5.

I put up a post earlier where I had a pic of my blonde conquest in Antigua. That's about as good as it would get.

If you go up to Quintana Roo (AMAZING beaches), the quality shoots through the roof, but then you´re back to your typical Western club scene game, where the best deal is to get to the girls BEFORE you get to the club. In Costa Rica, the girls are hotter too, again for the same reason. But Costa Rica is not as much a "club-scene" as Playa del Carmen. I heard Panama was the shit, and Im sorry I havent been. I reckon Bocas del Toro is probably the best spot in Central america from what I heard, if you want to party with the sub 25 year olds.

Guatemala, Nica, ElSal.. you just show up, eye contact, and then its yours to lose. I hooked up with an Austrian girl (decent 7) in Leon, Nicaragua and she was down for banging. Then a Nicaraguan girl I had unsuccessfully been going after for 2 weeks showed, and I ditched the austrian girl so I could bang Ms Nica. No way I was going to let my Nica flag get away.

2 weeks later I met austrian girl in San Juan del sur. She reprimanded me for ditching her, and I just blamed her for disappearing. Her hostility and doubt of me changed almost immediately as her hamster did my bidding and convinced her it was her own fault she hadnt been sluttier and taken me quicker. From then it took me five minutes to convince her to follow me down to the beach, where I proceeded to fuck her. Forget the fact I got robbed by knife-wielding local boys as I was sticking my dick into her, that kinda killed the mood. Never mind, its the thought that counts, so I figured my flag was captured and i took her home as she raged about losing her purse and all her shit. I put her to bed, returned to the party, and closed the deal with an italian girl (a bare 6, but only because she had put on weight... she would be a solid seven if she was in shape) who had told our mutual friends she liked me. I took her down the promenade, into a closed restaurants open spaced area, into the bathroom, then fucked her there. When we got out, the guard was waiting for us. NICE!

Backpackers girls are 19-26 somethings who want adventure.

Adventure = beautiful scenery, dick, great beaches, dick, cool people, dick, awesome activities, dick, etc. etc.

My favorite spot in my whole trip?

Little Corn Island... PARADISE.

I will be going back pronto just for that... the gem of Nicaragua. I discovered I much prefer divers to surfers, and Little Corn is super chill and small enough that youll meet everyone and at least one of them will be a slutty backpacker girl who is looking for some caribbean romance. Do not expect fake tits, or super "fly" girls. Expect girls with dirt between their nails and a lust for adventure.

The other stuff is up by Playa and Cancun.

Costa Rica is a decent half-way deal. Hotter than the rest of CA, but still semi-adventurous and youthful.

my bad, I meant Guatemala, obviously Antigua isn't a country. Were the schools any good and what was ur spanish level? I've considered going there but some schools aren't used to teaching mid or upper level spanish. I would think as many schools as they have there that the quality would be pretty good. Great post, any specifics and San Juan del Sur?? possible new thread don't want to take this away from Guatemala.

Guatemala

Invictus, thanks for all of the info. I am going to write everything down and use it. I was thinking 10 days, but I may just stretch it out to 12 so I don't have to miss anything. How much do u think it will cost? will I have to buy a separate flight to Flores? I'd rather take only buses if possible, but if it's too dangerous to take a bus to Flores I'd fly. I'm on a tight budget here and am planning on staying in shit holes and eating cheap. The cheap Spanish lessons sound amazing, but Im gonna pass this time.. I'm going back to Asia pretty soon so I've got other languages to learn right now. Guatemala will be a small/low budget side trip for me

Guatemala

USD150 per week in San Pedro @ Lago Atitlan for 20 hours Spanish, a room and board.

In Antigua, I got USD215 for 30 hours Spanish per week, room and board.

The food is decent, nothing great. The company and fun of meeting other students was better.

My Spanish was "así-así" when I got there, I covered all the grammar except the subjunctive in three weeks, and quite well. Do your homework, you'll get a lot out of it.

Travolta: drop Spanish schools. If you give yourself three weekends + 10 business days (total 15 days) you'll have time to see all of it.

Buses from Flores to Guate take 8-9 hours, and cost about between 140Qs (the cheapest long-distance) and 230Qs with Linea Dorada. The last is OK.

Chicken buses for Guate - Antigua and Antigua to San Pedro de Atitlan, 1 hour and 3 hours respectively.

You can take shuttles from Antigua, because there is enough tourist demand for them, anywhere you want, but they're pricier. You can take a bus from Antigua - Guate, and then Guate - Coban and then on to Semuc Chempey and the caves at Lanquin.

from there, you can go to Rio Dulce and Livingston to see the river and check out the crazy hostels there. heard it was fun.

Then on to Flores, stay at Los Amigos. Go to Tikal. You can bribe the guard to sleep in the park, you want to be there when the sun rises and it's not CRAWLING with tourists. Bring a SHITLOAD of mosquito repellent, 50% deet. I kid you not.

from Flores back to Guate, maybe chill in Antigua for a day depending on what time of day your flight leaves.

Dont bother with Guatemalan beaches. Surf is to crazy for surfing, and the sand is blacker than your anus, unbearably hot in the sun, and I mean degree burns.

I have a blog on Nicaragua... my perspective has changed, but if you want an intro guide, here it is:

http://www.quodcerno.wordpress.com

Guatemala

Ahhh... re-reading the blog makes me miss it soooo bad!

Guatemala

Lol, the chicken buses to Antigua drive faster than cars. Yep, you read that correctly. Full-sized schoolbuses blitzing at 60 or 70 mph on the highway, waiting to maim some unaware pedestrian. Fun time though.

Btw, you’ll see a ton of P4P workers in the historic center at night. My taxi driver told me some of these on certain nights are “not really female.” Gross. But funny for such a conservative country.

Guatemala

This post badly needs an update so I'll give you guys a rundown of my experience in Guatemala--particularly in Guatemala City because that's where most of the action is in terms of gaming.

I’m not yet allowed to make my own thread (this is my first post) so I’ll settle for replying to this one.

Guatemala City

Where to Stay

I spent six weeks in Guatemala City and liked it a lot more than I expected. I first stayed in Zone 1, which is dingy and sketch. I recommend staying in Zone 10. It looks and functions like a normal, modern city for the most part. World of different from Zone 1. Zone 4, which is right near Zone 1, has a cool area with lots of restaurants and cafes that is a good spot. Zone 4 is a good location but Zone 10 is better. Uber works just fine so it's no big deal.

Safety

I have heard gunshots at night. It's a fucked up city from what I hear but I never had any problems, and I walked around alone a lot. From what I hear though, walking around at night is asking for it. Use Uber even if your destination is nearby.

Accommodation

I stayed at a Hostel called Central 10 Boutique Hostel which is roughly 75Q ($10) per night in the dorm, very clean, and modern. I had a cheap hotel in Zone 1 lined up, but ended up using the private room in the hostel more often when I needed it, which was 250Q ($32) per night. There's a hostel in Zone 4 that has a private room for two for only 130Q ($17) called Tequila Sunrise. I never stayed there but you can book in advance through their website.

Food

Food options in Zone 10 are a little pricey, but there's a semi-organic grocery store two blocks away from the hostel, which has a really good kitchen, so you can get everything you need there. Try the organic buffalo meat.

Zone 4 has some great restaurants. I highly recommend Juancho Ming. Cheap but damn good Chinese dumplings.

Day Game

I work online during the day, so I rely pretty much exclusively on night game. The spots that I would recommend though are Oakland Mall and Avenieda Sexto in Zone 1 (get out of there by nightfall, it turns sketch real quick).

Night Game

The original list of spots in this thread is way outdated. All of them are either gone or suck now except for one: Bajo Fondo Funk.

Bajo Fondo Funk and The Box - Zone 10

This is really one spot. They are right beside each other and people pop in and out of them. There's a third bar beside Bajo that is also good. This area is where I picked up my hottest bang. She spoke basically no English and essentially threw herself at me even though my Spanish at the time was pathetically bad.

Most girls in this area are pretty young. They hang out in packs and there's usually at least one guy with them. A good method is to chat up the guy first until he welcomes you into the group. If you go directly for the girl, the dudes in the group won't like it and more often than not the girl will essentially be outvoted even if she’s into you. Unless of course she’s the boss of the group.

Price of drinks is average. It closes around 2 usually, but on nights that the police don't drive by they stay open until 3 or so. There are a few other bars in the area as well.

Overall, this is my favorite spot and is probably the easiest to pick up that I found, though this is not where the highest number of super hot girls go, which brings us to our next option.

El Kuto - Zone 15

This place is also three-in-one. One is actually a restaurant where you can order food until pretty late. There's a bar on the roof and a bar in the basement. It gets super packed on weekends. I went on a Thursday once and the room was well-balanced. This place is a little more expensive than Bajo and more remote, but the girls are higher class and speak some English. It's kind of a cliquey atmosphere, but it's a nice place.

Club Zero - Zone 9

This place is enormous. It's pretty classy and nice. You ought to dress up a bit to go here. And to get in, if the doorman gives you shit about buying a bucket first just tell him your friends are already inside. Works like a charm.

It's not uncommon to see a group of several Latin guys all dancing with and vying for one local girl that they seemingly know through work or something. It's pretty pathetic and that shouldn't stop you from getting some good contacts, but these dudes will obviously cockblock you and the girl will not be allowed to go home with you.

Manhattan Lounge

This is a good spot to go early. The first time I came here a girl came up to me randomly and asked me to kiss her. Another girl who was on a date with some chumpy guy made out with me too even though her man was watching us dance. I'm not sure if guys standing down and letting the girl do whatever the hell she wants in the club is common or not, but I just followed her lead. She did leave with her date but I was able to catch up with her a week later.
The crowd is nothing fancy but this place has a cool, very Latin vibe that I really enjoyed. I’d say it’s my second fav but it’s definitely hit or miss. Weeknights are usually really quiet here.

Sabor Latino – A.K.A. ‘Tabu’

This place is right around the corner from Bajo. Dress is casual but it has an exclusive vibe. I doubt there’s a single person in the whole place who speaks English on any given night. Not very foreigner friendly overall and not a great ratio but the girls looked like the easy type. If the door guy asks you to buy something before going in, don’t. It’s probably not going to be worth it. But sometimes they let you “check it out” for free and you can just buy a beer if it’s decent and they’ll leave you alone.

Mona Loca

Not far from Club Zero is a cheap restaurant/bar I went to once full of people who were all very drunk and singing along together. The girls in there seemed insanely horny, but all were like a 5 at best. It was fuck-eyes city though.

The Secret Garden

This is where you will see alternative, hipster type people partying. The place wasn't very packed but the girls were very hot. The vibe was douchy imo. It has a cover to get in and is open quite late.

Guatemalan Girls

They're Latin so they do the flaky shit. I experimented a bit with how to respond when they flake. I opted for my Thailand move, which was to create drama and they were totally taken by surprise and it worked better than acting like I don't give a fuck. Not sure how this would fare in other parts of Latin America but whatever works.

As a random side note to close, check out El Paredon if you have time. Not a whole lot on the gaming front other than backpackers but it's a great place.

Guatemala

Quote: (04-09-2019 09:28 PM)mute77 Wrote:  

I experimented a bit with how to respond when they flake. I opted for my Thailand move, which was to create drama and they were totally taken by surprise and it worked better than acting like I don't give a fuck. Not sure how this would fare in other parts of Latin America but whatever works.

What does this mean in practice? Sending angry texts when they flake?

Guatemala

For example, when they flake I call them out and say something like, "you are not serious about meeting me again. you just want to message with me." It's a last resort move I guess but I fuckin hate when they cancel plans because filling the spot same day is tough. It's sort of an ultimatum but sometimes it works. In Thailand it worked more often than not. They basically know that they now have to reschedule and that if they cancel again they're off the list for good.

Guatemala

Quote: (04-09-2019 09:58 PM)Borges Wrote:  

Quote: (04-09-2019 09:28 PM)mute77 Wrote:  

I experimented a bit with how to respond when they flake. I opted for my Thailand move, which was to create drama and they were totally taken by surprise and it worked better than acting like I don't give a fuck. Not sure how this would fare in other parts of Latin America but whatever works.

What does this mean in practice? Sending angry texts when they flake?

^ forgot to post as a reply. Rookie mistake... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯