rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Varadero Cuba - May 20-27,2011 Data Sheet

Ok folks, just got back from Varadero Cuba and had a blast. PM me for any specifics if you need, and I will gladly answer asap. Being this my 100th post, I saw it fittingly to make it a special one.

Clubs: Certain hotels have their own discos, but somehow nobody even goes to them. On any given night 2 clubs will be the place everybody knows where to go (ask the entertainment staff, or doormen,, they know). The clubs where the majority of the tourists went were:
La Rumba: Big club, played the typical top 40 tunes. Restrooms here are atrocious.
Cuevo de piratos: Nicknamed the cave. A unique club playing top 40 music, but in a cave setting. Nice ambiance. Maybe I am mistaken, but I only saw one exit, which is the entrance so be weary if any fire happens God forbid.
Internacional: Based in the hotel internacional. They have big screens playing the videos of the song being played. Nice stage and everybody dancing on it.
Comparcite: Outdoor club that is closest to the city, by the palma real hotel. Calle 62 area.

The aforementioned clubs were frequented mostly by tourists. These would charge a cover of about $10 CUC (Cuban Convertible Pesos) which is roughly $10 USD. Therefore, you would not see many cubans in these clubs because of the steep cost. Drinks were $2 to $6 for red bull vodka.
NOTE: some clubs have all inclusive all you can drink for that price or $12 CUC/USD.

Other Clubs for locals or free:
Casa de Musica: This club is located in downtown varadero. The club is geared towards the locals as more salsa and latin music is played. Well, each club has specific themes, I went on a Saturday night. Although I did not go in, I was told this and was also required to pay $10 CUC while locals paid significantly lower. I find this unfair as all should pay the same amount. So be weary.

Calle 62: is a bar on the main strip at calle 62. Outdoor bar, no entrance fee required and you will see a lot of locals and tourists together. Live band plays earlier in the night. I found it to be busy in multiple nights, not just saturday and friday.

Calle 30: This is an outdoor patio that serves drinks in the wee hours of the night. Popular place for locals to go after the clubs. Specifically after 2am on a friday or saturday. Gets busy really fast at this time.

The bars are still sausage fests. If you speak to locals, they will tell you that local women do get harrassed by the cops/secret police if they are seen talking with you, albeit this is slowly disappearing. The local men have no problem talking with tourists. So, in a club competition will be stiff...

Day game:
Beach: The Varadero Beach is gorgeous. Simple openers like where you from etc, which hotel you staying at etc works well as most tourists are friendly.

Downtown Varadero: I never saw so many hot women in my life when I was there on a Saturday afternoon. The majority all walk to where they have to go. So all you need are good walking shoes and you are set.

Places to stay at: Cuba is not known for great hotels nor great food in those buffets. All I can say is that those who are looking for a party should stay at 4star resorts and lower. Its easier to meet women who stay at your hotel as I find some women and men from the same hotel tend to stick in groups/cliques when they go out together so not so easy to penetrate.

Barcelo Solymar: This hotel is by far the best hotel for the young crowd 20-35 single and want to party. It is very close to downtown varadero and walking distance to internacional, comparcite and calle 62.

Hotel Villa Cuba and Sol Sirenas: older hotels, but you have a young crowd here. Not on par with barcelo. But cheaper in cost.

5star resorts aren't recommended if you want to see groups of singles in the 20-35 age bracket.

Transportation: Taxis are cheap. Between 5-10 CUC to the clubs depending on where you are staying. Become friends with the baggage handlers/doormen as they know private taxi drivers who can take you off the beaten path and introduce you to the non tourist side of varadero.

Prostitution: Yes it does exist here. You do not have to pay for it as you have tourists here who you can get with a little bit of effort. However, one french canadian I met got robbed by men who took him to a "whore house". Don't accept any offer from anybody offering you chicas etc. Prostitution is highly illegal in Cuba and locals have even lost their homes if they allow anything to do with it happen in their residencies.

Locals: Locals are quite friendly. Just be cautious as all will ask you where you are from, or acknowledge you as MY FRIEND etc.... Do you want to buy cigars etc. Trust me, do not buy these cigars as it is one, illegal and two you can get the real deal in the store without any problems when leaving cuba.

Getting there: well cancun and toronto and montreal seem to be the most popular gateways to cuba for tourists. If you need to book an all inclusive package you may use these canadian tour operators: http://www.itravel2000.com and http://www.redtag.ca.

Tourist women: if you like Russian women, I would recommend the 5 star resorts as the nouveau riche from Russia only like the best. But be weary, as their men can be very jealous.

In the other resorts 4 star etc, hands down the friendliest women are the ones from Montreal Quebec.

OFF the beaten path:

2 major towns located by vardero are playa matanzas and cardenas. It will take a 30 minute cab ride to playa matanzas, but here you won't see many tourists. Nightlife here, the 2 popular places are tropicana and la salsa. I had 2 persian friends who went a few years back to la salsa and told me how they got tricked in paying for some hot chicks in line their covers meanwhile there were hotter chicks in the bar. So, don't pay anybody elses cover. Present day, tropicana is the place to go on a saturday night. For those who want to see 99% locals in a bar.

If I missed anything, please add.

nice.

where is the lay report..... [Image: smile.gif]

Did you find it ok to talk with locals in Varadero? I heard that in Cuba women are not allowed to talk to tourists. Do you think is possible to day game cuban women as just like anywhere else?

Take note! If you have a cuban stamp in your passport, be prepared that you might get hassled by immigration when entering the USA. This happened to a colleague of mine. Fortunately he was visiting the US on a government contract at the time which cleared him, had he just been a tourist though I'm not so sure he'd get let off that easy.

Quote: (05-29-2011 11:34 PM)tomtud Wrote:  

hands down the friendliest women are the ones from Montreal Quebec.

I understand going to Cuba to have a good time at the beach, but if you wanted to bang Canadian girls isn't it easier, closer, and cheaper just to go to Canada?
As for Russians, there are way better places in the world to meet russian girls on vacation (like Turkey).

Man, I cannot wait to get to Montreal this summer!

What did you find so special about the French-Canadian chics that made you write this? Got some examples? Bang one?

MiXX

Quote: (05-30-2011 09:17 AM)K-man Wrote:  

I understand going to Cuba to have a good time at the beach, but if you wanted to bang Canadian girls isn't it easier, closer, and cheaper just to go to Canada?
As for Russians, there are way better places in the world to meet russian girls on vacation (like Turkey).

I kind of agree with this. I have no interest to go to another country to bang tourists. I'd rather bang tourists who tour in the country I am residing in.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Does it really matter though? Surely if you have an interest in fucking Canadian or Russian girls it doesn't matter which country you fucked them in.

Quote: (05-30-2011 11:56 AM)Gringo Wrote:  

Does it really matter though? Surely if you have an interest in fucking Canadian or Russian girls it doesn't matter which country you fucked them in.

It doesnt. But the issue is if you are in X country you need to be trying to fuck the grls from X country. Not some Canadian tourist chick you can get back home......

Although at the end of the night, I wouldnt turn down a non local! [Image: banana.gif]

Quote: (05-30-2011 02:55 AM)pitt Wrote:  

Did you find it ok to talk with locals in Varadero? I heard that in Cuba women are not allowed to talk to tourists. Do you think is possible to day game cuban women as just like anywhere else?

You can talk with anybody. You won't get in trouble, just the women may be harrassed by their secret police... This is done to curb potential prostitution etc. Definitly you can game them during the day, as it sure beats the nightclub with the sausage fest and loud music. There are tonnes of them on the street, as all wait for the bus, or are walking.

Quote: (05-30-2011 04:21 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Take note! If you have a cuban stamp in your passport, be prepared that you might get hassled by immigration when entering the USA. This happened to a colleague of mine. Fortunately he was visiting the US on a government contract at the time which cleared him, had he just been a tourist though I'm not so sure he'd get let off that easy.

They don't stamp passports in immigration. They never stamped mine and I was there 3 times.

Quote: (05-30-2011 09:17 AM)K-man Wrote:  

K-Man----- Of course it is cheaper to go to Quebec and bang them. Same deal for Russians. However, if they are there for the picking, why not pick them if nothing else is available. Right? I did not go to Cuba to meet russians or quebecers. I'm just giving a current data sheet of what the lay of the land is there.

Quote: (05-30-2011 10:50 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

Man, I cannot wait to get to Montreal this summer!

What did you find so special about the French-Canadian chics that made you write this? Got some examples? Bang one?

MiXX

Mixx, in Varadero as on vacation where many people go to, for example a cancun. You will run into tourists from all over the world. In Varadero, the majority of tourists in this age bracket happen to be from Toronto area and Montreal area at the time I went as well, in my previous trips. I don't know what it is, but they gave you interest when talking with them. Yes, exceptions do exist for every case, but I spoke with the men from Quebec, and they were friendly too. They all told me how the French Canadian women are wild back home and on vacation they like to party and drink with you. For example, I went solo. I met some dudes from Quebec who somehow joined groups with the gals. Everytime I saw these gals they would yell my name out and chit chat. On the other hand, I did not get the same vibe from chicks from Ontario who happened to be uglier IMHO. I did not bang one, however, you will definitly be indoctrinated into their social circles real fast.

Quote: (05-30-2011 12:23 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Quote: (05-30-2011 11:56 AM)Gringo Wrote:  

It doesnt. But the issue is if you are in X country you need to be trying to fuck the grls from X country. Not some Canadian tourist chick you can get back home......

Although at the end of the night, I wouldnt turn down a non local! [Image: banana.gif]

Gringo I agree with you. Dash, you are right as well but wheeling in a local chick from varadero isn't as easy as you may think. Remember, women have been put in jail for suspicion of prostitution for just talking with a tourist. So, if you want to bang locals, best idea is to stay anywhere else but varadero.

Folks, I wanted to give an up to date data sheet for you to see the lay of the land. Somehow it went off on a tangent of why shold I bang tourist chicks. C'mon. Fact: You will definitly not see those American chicks that you see in Cancun or Acapulco on spring break here. So, I am giving a factual statement of what you should expect to see there. So all of you can hit the ground running. Varadero is not the place to bang locals. Outside is better I have been told, but I haven't been long enough to give much detail other than what I said.

Dash, as for the lay report----- will have to say it wasn't a festival in that sense for me. But meeting some locals and getting into their social circles may help the situation for next time.

Guys on a note, varadero is a cheap place to holiday as I paid $633 taxes included for a 7 day stay all inclusive 4 star resort. It's safe, beautiful beaches and have the option of hanging with locals or tourists. It's up to you.

Quote: (05-30-2011 06:26 PM)tomtud Wrote:  

Mixx, in Varadero as on vacation where many people go to, for example a cancun. You will run into tourists from all over the world. In Varadero, the majority of tourists in this age bracket happen to be from Toronto area and Montreal area at the time I went as well, in my previous trips. I don't know what it is, but they gave you interest when talking with them. Yes, exceptions do exist for every case, but I spoke with the men from Quebec, and they were friendly too. They all told me how the French Canadian women are wild back home and on vacation they like to party and drink with you. For example, I went solo. I met some dudes from Quebec who somehow joined groups with the gals. Everytime I saw these gals they would yell my name out and chit chat. On the other hand, I did not get the same vibe from chicks from Ontario who happened to be uglier IMHO. I did not bang one, however, you will definitly be indoctrinated into their social circles real fast.

I agree. I have Montreal guy friends in Miami, and they are very nice to me, and all of my friends. They really take care of their friends, and make everyone feel welcome.

I once saw a Montreal girl in Miami acting snobbish while I was in teh presence of another Montreal girl, and she (the girl I was with) immediately told the snobbish girl: "You're from Montreal, and you are acting like a rude snob to my friend because you are in Miami, what's wrong with you?"

My experience in Miami has ben that both guys and girls welcome you into their social circle with open arms...Montreal people LOVE socializing. Montreal sounds like heaven: Cool dudes to chill with, and beautiful girls to drink and bang with.

Mixx

this is what good decent warrior american men are dying and fighting for. what a shame,
http://www.us.cnn.com/2011/US/05/26/cnnh...tml?hpt=C1

Quote: (05-30-2011 07:12 PM)coronel nacimento Wrote:  

this is what good decent warrior american men are dying and fighting for. what a shame,

Huh? [Image: dodgy.gif] You trollin' man?

Quote: (05-30-2011 07:34 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Quote: (05-30-2011 07:12 PM)coronel nacimento Wrote:  

Huh? [Image: dodgy.gif] You trollin' man?

no mixx..i will post a nice data sheet on quito ecuador in 2 weeks....just a quick thought that i had....pero si entiendo hermano como aqui mucha gente habla y no muestra..bien esta que seas como perro guardian con un sitio que vale la pena

this is the better link.just an incentive for us americans to travel http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/05/26/cnnhero...tml?hpt=C1

Quote: (05-30-2011 08:33 PM)coronel nacimento Wrote:  

this is the better link.just an incentive for us americans to travel http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/05/26/cnnhero...tml?hpt=C1

dont get it.....

what does widowed wives have to do with travel?

Quote: (05-30-2011 08:47 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Quote: (05-30-2011 08:33 PM)coronel nacimento Wrote:  

dont get it.....

what does widowed wives have to do with travel?

dash ..when a man goes to war he better have a very good incentive to do it..risking your life is much easier when there is a beautiful, special woman or a country with many beautiful women waiting with arms open for your return. seeing that picture, just like one, with young american girls, in another post from a college championship rugby team with george w bush (many had flip flops)....just shows you why it is imperative for a man to travel when his women are not worth it.

@VP.

You are missing the point. Yes, I was talking about US citizens only. I was clear on my post about that.

When I was in Colombia, I had to fly back to Miami. Read what I wrote dude! I am not angry, I am saying that the OP is not being real.

Mixx

Going to Varadero Jan 11 for two weeks. Hope things are still good there.

Just got back from two weeks in Varadero. It is now a more family type of tourist place. Streets are empty at night. Only a few clubs open with not much people inside -- and clubs cost a lot to get in --Ten Cuban Convertible dollars. Only tourists are there - and the women tourists are crap. The main club Calle 62 - use to be not a bad place when I was there in 2009 -- but now it is just tourists there who stand around drinking and doing nothing. Was really glad to get out of Varadero. If you just want some sun and a beach then it is ok. For the single male though who wants to meet others females -- best to stay away.

Try to go to Cardenas or matanzas ...... These two towns are where the majority of the hotel workers commute from. Of course it's only hopping on the weekends you better hope to pick a party hotel where you can fill in the remainder of your week.

I did Varadero in November for a week. I saw fly local girls who I'm pretty confident I could've pulled when I went out. My guess is local ballerinas, models etc, who work in the hotels. But I was with a fly girl myself which may have led to so many stares and girls opening me whenever my gf was away.

Cabaret International was great the night I went there.

I had fun at a little place outside on the main drag as well. I did have the advantage of having a friend who lives in Varadero and his a farandulero who told me what was up and where to go.

Personally, I think Varadero is a good spot to bring a chick for a weekend or a week but I'm certain if I wasn't with a girl I could've pulled some pretty good quality Cubanas.

10 CUC entrance is fuck all if we are talking from a tourist perspective. Yes, it's a lot for locals but keep in mind locals in Varadero who work in tourism tend to be doing a lot better than the average Cuban and are making several hundred to thousands a month.

Right now is the coldest time of year in Cuba, and Varadero is at peak prices which makes it a huge Cuban pussy repellent. In low season there are Cuban party groups that rent out hotels for weekend parties and lots of the top musicians come along as well.

Cuban gov't is making a strong effort to keep Varadero a family friendly resort - so to clean up its image a bit. There is police presence and check points so not to let Cubans come in. Business seems to be quite down in Varadero - I was talking to a Cuban economist who goes to the different hotels there to check the business for the govt -- and she told me business is very much down. So it costs quite a bit to give Varadero a clean image. As far as Cardenas - it was not that great. The people there seem pissed off that they cannot go to Varadero being so close and stuck in their pretty crap town. Manatanza was definitely the place to go. A beautiful town on a bay. Going back and forth gets costly though -- taxis charge about $25 one way. I actually rented a scooter and took it all the way to Havana -- and discovered a small town called Guanabo just outside Havana -- and that was an amazing place -- beautiful women - nice ocean - and new small clubs and restaurants. I am planning to go there next.