rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Outsourcing to Fiverr

Outsourcing to Fiverr

http://www.fiverr.com

Does anyone have any experience with Fiverr?

In theory, it is a lifesaver to me. I have a shitload of tiny tasks that I need done. I don't want to have a full time VA and I prefer to outsource tasks by project basis with escrow, although elance is sort of impractical for this since the projects all start at 50 dollars and up.

I'd want things like basic internet research, graphic design, video editing, blog management....I can see that I can get all these services on there but I wanted to see if anyone else has direct experience working with Fiverr.

Outsourcing to Fiverr

I will be using that soon very soon as well to outsource small tasks and will be reporting here. I'd be interested in hearing others' experience with using that site.

Outsourcing to Fiverr

I just came across it yesterday and it looks interesting and could be of some use to me on a number of internet projects I've got going.

Outsourcing to Fiverr

I've used Fiverr. It's a shockingly cool service.

The desperation level in the U.S. is at epic proportions due to a struggling job market. My guess is people are unwilling to take a job for minimum wage due to shame but they have less reservations to spend 30 minutes on a task for $5.

Outsourcing to Fiverr

This is pretty cool, the $10.000 question is however - what kind of stuff would be good to outsource to this kind of venue? I realize the potential but can't come up with any good examples off the top of my head.

Outsourcing to Fiverr

Vicious, take a look through the projects and services posted, a lot of them are things that I plan on using as I develop and launch my blog and e-products.

I'm mostly going to get graphic design and video editing stuff done.

If the outcome isn't amazing, whatever it's five bucks.

You can also hire people for one hour to be your virtual assistant. This is preferable to me, as I've always thought about hiring a VA but it turns out I usually just need someone to do some menial task that takes 1-3 hours that I don't want to do.

Outsourcing to Fiverr

I outsourced something to fiverr today, great work done.

It's basically the Shanghai skyline, but has been turned into a blueprint-type format.

http://fiverr.com/users/tepenzed/gigs/co...glst-g-ttl

Well worth the money. I'm going to be doing the bulk of my outsourcing work with fiverr.

Outsourcing to Fiverr

Good link YMG I'm getting a couple of things done at the moment so I may give that a go, at $5 it's worth a punt.

If you want something more significant done 99 designs is worth a look 99Designs I haven't used them yet but browsing through I've seen some good work.

Outsourcing to Fiverr

Quote:Quote:

Good link YMG I'm getting a couple of things done at the moment so I may give that a go, at $5 it's worth a punt.

Exactly. I've done outsourcing projects that cost me in the high hundreds of dollars before to end up being satisfied, but not thrilled, with the final result. Fiverr is great in that it is a low risk way to get work done. Simple tasks can always be scaled upwards, and you can hire someone to do the same five dollar task multiple times.

Quote:Quote:

If you want something more significant done 99 designs is worth a look 99Designs I haven't used them yet but browsing through I've seen some good work.

Yeah I've heard of these guys. I'm planning on using them when I launch my next site.

Outsourcing to Fiverr

YMG and Jalouse, thank you for the recommendations, these two sites will make life easier.

Outsourcing to Fiverr

I can definitely see thatbeing true, Rajeshnai. So far I've only had good expriences though.

Outsourcing to Fiverr

Quote: (05-30-2011 07:00 AM)Lief Wrote:  

I've used Fiverr. It's a shockingly cool service.

The desperation level in the U.S. is at epic proportions due to a struggling job market. My guess is people are unwilling to take a job for minimum wage due to shame but they have less reservations to spend 30 minutes on a task for $5.

I don't know why the fuck anyone in their right mind would do coding work for $5. This is work that actually takes a 3 digit IQ to do competently. Why would a reasonably intelligent person do skilled work for less than they'd make flipping burgers at McDonalds?

If it sounds to good to be true...

Plus I've heard stories of guys like this in other countries using your copyrighted shit for non-intended purposes. Or using the same design templates over and over for different clients but claiming they are original. Good luck taking legal recourse in a 3rd world country. They have to be working the system somehow or how the fuck could anyone work for that cheap.

Outsourcing to Fiverr

Yeah, for sure. Gotta be careful with that kind of thing, as speakeasy says.

Fiverr is good for low level work that you need cranked out within 24 hours.

Outsourcing to Fiverr

Here's another one you may want to check out Mechanical Turk https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome This is through Amazon and it's looks quite big. I'm not able to sign up as I believe you need to be American to do this.

Anyone used it?

Outsourcing to Fiverr

From the Warrior Forum I have a compilation of a bunch of useful gigs for internet marketers. Here is the table of contents:

Article into Video Gigs
Article Spinning/Rewriting Gigs
Submission Gigs
Article Writing Gigs
Backlink Building Gigs
Banner Design Gigs
Domain Research Gigs
Ecover Design Gigs
Facebook Fan Pages Gigs
Facebook Marketing Gigs
Keyword Research Gigs
Logo Design Gigs
Minisite Design Gigs
Minisite Templates Gigs
Press Release Submission Gigs
Press Release Writing Gigs
RSS Submission Gigs
Social Bookmarking Gigs
Video Promotion Gigs
Video Testimonial Gigs
Voice Over Gigs
Website Submission Gigs

It was given away for free to paid members on the forum, so I don't feel bad about sharing it with you guys. Send me a PM if you want it. If you're looking for a reliable person to do one of these jobs it will save you time spent looking for one.

Outsourcing to Fiverr

Bump.

I have spent the last hour outsourcing things to fiverr and I will continue to do so for the next couple of hours.

A lot of these providers are actually US based and seem to be young unemployed people.

This website is a lifesaver for bootstrapping entrepreneurs.

Outsourcing to Fiverr

Last night I outsourced:

-Backlinking
-Keyword Research
-Web Research
-Graphic Design - logo, banner
-Social Media Marketing
-500 word content contribution (article)

Total cost - $20

Yes, fiverr has five dollar gigs and I listed six gigs above there, which should bring the total to $30. It's because the virtual assistant I hired for two hours did three of those tasks.

This saved me at least two week's worth of work, if you include the amount of time it would have taken me to learn how to do graphic design well.

My favorite by far was the graphic design and the "I will be your virtual assistant for 2 hours for $5".

Outsourcing to Fiverr

Since YMG posted about this site I've hired just over 50 gigs. [Image: smile.gif]

Outsourcing to Fiverr

redacted

Outsourcing to Fiverr

If anyone has that list to hand that Sardino talks about could they send it to me? I'm going to use fiverr for a few things I'll be doing soon.

Outsourcing to Fiverr

https://www.odesk.com/ is another similar site, but geared for more intensive and recurring work.

Outsourcing to Fiverr

I just had this guy do a video for me, it was...awesome.

http://fiverr.com/jerrylittlemars/count-...me-or-site