rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Going to the Gym with Girls

All right gentlemen - I want to open this topic up for discussion. I ran a search and didn't find anything.

So we've all seen it...hell, some of you might even do it. But there's always that guy at the gym with a smoking hot chick. He helps her with her workouts, gives her advice, then proceeds to do the same damn workouts she does (but with added weight). And in between all of these things, the guy is sneaking in makeout sessions.

I've never understood this. I'm too focused and locked in on my workouts to run makeshift trainer game. My phone stays in the car; an iPod is my only distraction.

Does anyone run this form of game? What's its purpose? Do you find another time on your own for a 100% focused workout?

I used to do this last year. Some people are vehemently against this, but I for one feel that brining a girl to a gym would be killing two birds with one stone; you get your workout done and spend time with her, and get a bang after your workout.

Some girls might not be down for this because they are insecure about not wearing makeup.

I'm against bringing a girl to the gym unless she is highly motivated and basically a beast (crossfit or other cardio). Most of these hoes seem to just get in the way and need their BF to show them what to do. She needs to come with here own plan.

Almost every single one of these guys appears fit, but they're half assing their workouts with the chick there.

I must be the only guy who wants a gym to basically be men only, dirty and focused, and I'm not even some hardcore powerlifter. When I go to the gym with a body, my workout session becomes at least 30 minutes longer simply because of the constant talking, yo spot me bro etc. When a chick is present, workouts also become longer but now the weights are going up and form is going down for everyone.

I'm on the fence over this.

On the one hand I'd prefer to train exclusively with guys.

On the other, my training partner is actually my girl, who's a PT and fitness model. She trains harder than I do and knows more about a wider range of gym stuff than I do.

There are very few women about though who are like that.

Bring your girl to the gym so I can hit on her. thanks.

This is something I've been um-ing and ah-ing about for a while.
My gym is, at the moment, my primary source of women. We all know the types - smartphone users in yoga pants who do pitiful weights just to get the feelgood sensation of going to the gym once a month or the ones who go in small groups to gossip while doing crossfit or whatever.
Every once in a while a peacocker emerges who crosses into the free weights are and does some weird or abstract exercise for the sake of attractin attention. But of curse no-one ever approaches.
It is something I'd be open to but I'm worried that if I do, all it'll take is one getting 'offended' at an off-the-cuff remark and a cancelled membership. And I'd really like to avoid that because I like my gym (shitty music and a lack of squat racks notwithstanding)
I know the best way to initiate is with something innocuous like "How many sets do you have to go?" or something a little more abstract like "Is that the new whatever phone?" and so on.
But doing so invariably means sacrificing my workout intensity.
Does anyone have any advice in this field?

GUYS-DO IT!!
look. My cousin is a personal trainer. It's kind of different because he's actually dating her, but the point is this:when chicks see you instructing a girl(showing dominance) they pay attention!
Man I go to the gym with them sometimes and we all train together. He's busy training the girl and I look around and every ten seconds there's a chick checking out what we're doing. Like it's to the point I approached a chick at the fountain and she asked me if I was a trainer! I could've EASILY picked her up with "yea you need lessons, blabla" I told her no though, but just started asking her about her fitness goals and all that. I invited her to do legs with me on my leg days though. I play it cool at the gym
Man I read somewhere about wingwomen I think it was a G Manifest blog but yea man that shit will make people at the gym pay attention to you-ESPECIALLY chicks!

In the gyms its all about being direct. But courteous. All that side angle stuff is crap and its annoying. They know you're doing it because you need an excuse or you're nervous... I'm cool as hell with the dude at the counter. GOTTA BE! He's just like the bouncers man. I get free towels all sorts of stuff. Even better when it's a chick. You can work on your conversation skills, and then the members see you're cool and when you show up, everyone that works there starts talking to you all the time. I've had girls ask me if I worked there LOL! Bring girls in. Introduce them to an actually good trainer. Chicks SEE THIS!
I try not to bug chicks mid workout. Why? Because when you're working out you got the 30-60 second rest time, like you don't know how focused she is. What worked for me is knowing the people who run it, talking to chicks when convenient (water fountains, main counter,etc).
Gym members are regulars. Usually the same schedule. She's at a leg machine? Give her pointers(but actually know your shit) "excuse me, i see you're struggling mostly because your breathing is off. You'll get more power by exhaling when you pushout." If you get positive response "oh thank you, are you a trainer?", continue "no but I know my stuff, just looking out, my names Alonzo, what's yours?" "Stacy," "Okay Stacy nice to meet you(how many sets/what are you working on)" .negative response, shrug and keep it moving. People will see you as a knowledgeable guy thats helpful.
most chicks are just there to get attention like dude above said. They never know what theyre doing. Come at those like that. Chicks love being taught. Just be observant. And be cool with the team working that gym. Always wink and smile and seem happy when you're not putting work in. I eat my meals there while talking to the counter chick. "What ya eating?!" "Lean chicken breast" "omg you're so healthy!" Chicks are looking at that and eventually they'll start coming to you man!

No chance I would bring a girl to the gym with me. I am at the gym for a reason.. to focus on myself and my workout. Granted while I am there I will make an approach to some random HB, but the gym isn't a good place for a date/get to know you session. If we are going to be sweating and breathing hard, I'd rather do it in the bedroom.

Bringing a girl to the gym is just peacocking. You're trying to increase your value by being seen with a hot piece of ass. Do that shit at the bar or club. The gym is for working out. It's a man's space. His church.

Team Nachos

nah fuck all that gay shit. girls in the gym are just distracting. go in, pick up heavy weight, put it down. if you want ass hit on the little latinas at chipotle getting your post-workout meal

No reason in taking one to the gym as plenty are already there. Just wear a dress to Planet Fitness so you can get access to the female locker room and game them while they undress.

Quote: (04-05-2015 09:55 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Bringing a girl to the gym is just peacocking. You're trying to increase your value by being seen with a hot piece of ass. Do that shit at the bar or club. The gym is for working out. It's a man's space. His church.

I disagree.

I take my GF to the gym every day so she doesn't get fatter. I insist that my LTR's work out. I tell them if they get lazy, I will dump them immediately.

Anyone is welcome to hit on her - if she's my girl, she'll stick around and tell you to go away. If she's not my girl, I'll fucking replace her. [Image: icon_twisted.gif]

Too all of you guys with sexy chicks that don't lift:
http://imgur.com/a/N2cyu

Would a hot girl get kicked out of Planet Fitness for grunting and dropping weights?

@ Dagnasty

I think theres a difference between bringing a LTR to the gym with you vs a fling, date, or fuck buddy. I wouldn't mind if I brought a LTR with me, though I would probably let her do her own thing while I lifted. Anything else, no way.

Quote:Quote:

I must be the only guy who wants a gym to basically be men only, dirty and focused, and I'm not even some hardcore powerlifter. When I go to the gym with a body, my workout session becomes at least 30 minutes longer simply because of the constant talking, yo spot me bro etc. When a chick is present, workouts also become longer but now the weights are going up and form is going down for everyone.

I'm the opposite, screw working out at the gym, the gym is for gym bunnies. Home is for serious solo training using DIY equipment, weights bought off craigslist, or bodyweight.

If you live in an apartment complex or dorm without a decent walkway or any wide open outdoor spot nearby, I can see why a gym as a place for serious training would be tempting, but for me it'd be pointless.

I try to talk to girls whenever possible at the gym. Nothing gamey, just hello at first, and build from there as time goes on. My idea is to plant the seeds, then when I see them out and about in the bars in my local area, it should be an easy approach. Hasn't worked yet, as my gym just doesn't have enough women and I've never seen any of them out, but it's still the strategy I'd use if I leave my current gym for the one around the corner from me, which is absolutely full of women (every time I walk past I see loads of young bangable girls - apparently their membership is female heavy and they need to try and attract more male members).

Quote: (04-06-2015 09:29 PM)Nascimento Wrote:  

Would a hot girl get kicked out of Planet Fitness for grunting and dropping weights?

This is definitely a zen statement. Like "if a tree falls in the woods, and no one is around does it make a sound?"

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV