rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Review: Greek God Workout by Kinobody

After a few questions from some of the members in another thread, I thought I would share my experiences from using the Greek God workout for the last 3 months.

I've bought/used a bunch of workout programs before (Body of A Spartan, Visual Impact, RippedBody.jp) and I've seen the results from others, but I was typically too lazy to follow through on the long workouts and complicated dietary restrictions.

I think to really get a workout program you need to believe in the program creator's physique and lifestyle. I started following Greg's free diet and workout on Kinobody.com and his podcast Road to Ripped which I enjoyed for a long time before I ever bought any of his programs.

I identified with him because he was a white guy in his early 20s who didn't want to spend 5 days a week in the gym eating 6 meals a day. He seemed like a guy who had been working out since his teens and only just started to put together some good workouts of his own.

I bought the Greek God program, struggling for answers on how to lift and take care of my nutrition. Thought it might be a dud but was willing to take a risk. I liked the idea of the "Greek adonis" physique, building dense strong muscle but also being flexible and agile. I didn't really want that typical "bodybuilder" look.

Program Style: A/B workout, lifting heavy 3 days a week on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. An hour of light-medium cardio recommended every day to help with the diet.

Exercises Included: Incline bench, standing press, lat raises, skull crushers. Weighted chins, hang cleans/sumo deads, bent over flyes, straight barbell curls.

- There are various specialization routines included in the book but I won't go into those.

Diet Styles :
He tends to follow a little bit of the If It Fits Your Macros, but stays clean eating most of the time with ground beef, potatoes etc.

Lean Bulk - Rest Days (4x) are 100+ over maintenance, Lifting Days (3x) are 500+ over maintenance
Recomp - Rest days are -300 under maintenace, lifting days are +400 over maintenance

I've been on it for a few months and have enjoyed the results so far. Workouts are easy to stick to, diet numbers are easy to follow. I've actually started to enjoy going to the gym. I've attached a picture to show my results, I have to admit that I haven't been all in on the diet (occasional drinking with friends, frozen yoghurt)

Take a look at Greg's instagram page if you want to see some of the shit he eats: https://instagram.com/gregogallagher/

That's all I can think of for now, ask questions if you're curious about anything.

[Image: attachment.jpg25597]   

Quote: (03-23-2015 06:25 PM)peterthephoenix Wrote:  

After a few questions from some of the members in another thread, I thought I would share my experiences from using the Greek God workout for the last 3 months.

I've bought/used a bunch of workout programs before (Body of A Spartan, Visual Impact, RippedBody.jp) and I've seen the results from others, but I was typically too lazy to follow through on the long workouts and complicated dietary restrictions.

I think to really get a workout program you need to believe in the program creator's physique and lifestyle. I started following Greg's free diet and workout on Kinobody.com and his podcast Road to Ripped which I enjoyed for a long time before I ever bought any of his programs.

I identified with him because he was a white guy in his early 20s who didn't want to spend 5 days a week in the gym eating 6 meals a day. He seemed like a guy who had been working out since his teens and only just started to put together some good workouts of his own.

I bought the Greek God program, struggling for answers on how to lift and take care of my nutrition. Thought it might be a dud but was willing to take a risk. I liked the idea of the "Greek adonis" physique, building dense strong muscle but also being flexible and agile. I didn't really want that typical "bodybuilder" look.

Program Style: A/B workout, lifting heavy 3 days a week on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. An hour of light-medium cardio recommended every day to help with the diet.

Exercises Included: Incline bench, standing press, lat raises, skull crushers. Weighted chins, hang cleans/sumo deads, bent over flyes, straight barbell curls.

- There are various specialization routines included in the book but I won't go into those.

Diet Styles :
He tends to follow a little bit of the If It Fits Your Macros, but stays clean eating most of the time with ground beef, potatoes etc.

Lean Bulk - Rest Days (4x) are 100+ over maintenance, Lifting Days (3x) are 500+ over maintenance
Recomp - Rest days are -300 under maintenace, lifting days are +400 over maintenance

I've been on it for a few months and have enjoyed the results so far. Workouts are easy to stick to, diet numbers are easy to follow. I've actually started to enjoy going to the gym. I've attached a picture to show my results, I have to admit that I haven't been all in on the diet (occasional drinking with friends, frozen yoghurt)

Take a look at Greg's instagram page if you want to see some of the shit he eats: https://instagram.com/gregogallagher/

That's all I can think of for now, ask questions if you're curious about anything.

Thanks for the follow-up in creating this thread.

I will be curious to see if you are following the diet and/or routine in one year.

Probably there are a lot of diets and lifestyle changes and overall regimes that can be followed for 6 months or less (and even get results from the change), yet I continue to believe that we must tweak here and there along the way and as our bodies age and at the same time confirm with the passage of time whether what we are following is sustainable with our ongoing lifestyle on a longer term basis.

I thought that you already mentioned that this particular plan is conceived of as a long-term and sustainable plan ... and NOT merely a transitional plan (although a lot of fad diets do claim to be long term and sustainable, but in the end they may NOT be sustainable for certain people in the way that they chose to live).

By the way, is that your picture in the OP?

If so, you do NOT mind showing your pic? I believe RVF allows you to remove and/or to edit pictures beyond the 1 hour posting window, in the event that you want to reconsider putting it there or maybe editing the face or head.

I personally prefer a certain degree of anonymity because through my various posts, because frequently in several ways I speak frankly that I would likely NOT carry out in a public way and/or with mixed audiences.

Accordingly, there could be some risk to putting a selfie, if others know what you look like, but you do NOT know that they know you or that they are monitoring you because of something that you may have posted or some view that you may have proclaimed during a moment of frankness.

Thanks for the tip JJG, I'm not on the forum too much so not super worried about it being used for some kind of defamation.

Quote: (03-24-2015 05:57 PM)peterthephoenix Wrote:  

Thanks for the tip JJG, I'm not on the forum too much so not super worried about it being used for some kind of defamation.

Surely there are a few guys on the forum that are publicly known, and they actually do NOT mind such or they are potentially combining their RVF profile with other public profiles that they have. Therefore, I understand that guys vary in their perspective on the topic of revealing their identity.

The Greek god workout is a bit over rated.

I'm currently involved with the ' god damn greek ' work out which requires me to exercise my mouth and talk shit about our church and hate on everyone possible daily,

Quote: (03-24-2015 08:25 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

The Greek god workout is a bit over rated.

I'm currently involved with the ' god damn greek ' work out which requires me to exercise my mouth and talk shit about our church and hate on everyone possible daily,

Based on some of your forum posts, I would wager that you are a natural El Mech... when it comes to the " 'god damn' greek work out."

Bumping this as I started the Greek God program ~4 weeks ago.

That's obviously not long so the jury is still out, but so far I'm loving it.

BACKGROUND: I've lifted my entire adult life, but before starting this program I was stuck in a years long plateau, in much better shape than the average person, but very weak relative to most regular weightlifters. No matter what I did, I just could not get any stronger from one workout to the next. For awhile I was just resigned to lifting for maintenance.

I'm pumped as hell to say that, 4 weeks into the Greek God program, I have clearly broken through that plateau. On every lift in the program, I am noticeably stronger than I was when I started. The best part is that I achieved this lifting roughly the same volume as I was doing before! I'm not working harder, I just got more efficient thanks to the program.

I won't get into specifics to avoid taking money out of the dude's pocket, but I will say the key revelations are lifting heavier/lower reps, and eating a lot (I'm a serious hardgainer though so "eating a lot" may not be a good adjustment for everyone).

Can't wait to see where I am in a few months.

Quote: (06-06-2018 10:34 PM)Delta Wrote:  

I won't get into specifics to avoid taking money out of the dude's pocket, but I will say the key revelations are lifting heavier/lower reps, and eating a lot (I'm a serious hardgainer though so "eating a lot" may not be a good adjustment for everyone).

I wouldn't worry about that. You could post the $50 pdf right here and it would be fair game. It's well known that Greg O'Gallagher ripped off Martin Berkhan's entire "leangains" diet and lifting program, making almost no modifications. Almost inarguably, everything he changed makes it inferior to the original program.

To add insult to injury, when the guy running kinobody was a scrawn begging for advice on the internet, he was also a client of Berkhan's (FYI Berkhan posts nearly all his lifting/cutting advice on his blog for free). Need I remind you that 'kinobody' is 24, and has been in the fitness sphere for a few years now.

What 20 year old non-athlete has that shit figured out? He didn't - somebody else already did the legwork for him.

Back to the $50 pdf programs, not that he needed the money. He's a trust fund baby whose daddy was one of the biggest property rental corporations in Canada. I don't doubt all of his programs work fine, since they're based on leangains (which works better than fine), but at the risk of warn, he's a faggot.

Probably would’ve been easier to go with free strong lifts 5x5 and maybe 400mg test a week [Image: wink.gif]

Checked out he authors page - most of the guys in the pics have used AAS. I’m not sure i buy into the “respect their physique” approach - everyone’s body chemistry is different and they are selling themselves to you for cash and prizes. They of course will do whatever it takes to strike that look they’re selling. Chances of most of the snake oil salesmen being natty is low. Buyer beware.

Yeah he's borrowed from a lot of people. Obviously lean gains, also Lyle McDonald and Rusty Moore. Programmes are reasonable for up to intermediate level. Good marketing and he's definitely strong. Good physique too, but I agree it looks like he could be cycling on and off at times.

I used to have the body of a Greek god. Now I just have the body of a goddamn Greek.

Dreams are like horses; they run wild on the earth. Catch one and ride it. Throw a leg over and ride it for all its worth.
Psalm 25:7
https://youtu.be/vHVoMCH10Wk