rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My First Hot Bath In Decades

I stopped liking baths as a kid when I could no longer play with toys in it. I preferred showers as I got older. I've been working out pretty hard, and consistently lately and I was feeling like I was run over by a bus. I decided to do my first Epsom salt bath. It was GLORIOUS. My right knee creaks so loud sometimes you can hear it across a quiet room. After I toweled off and was sitting on the edge of my bed I could actually feel my pulse in my lower extremities. I've never experienced anything like it before.

I decided to break out the foam roller for extra measure. Right now I feel like I have new legs. I know there are a lot of active guys, and martial artists on the forum. What other things can I do to at home to help me along? What are some of the things that you guys do to aid in recovery?

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Welcome to the simple things in life. At some point you have to let go and realize that simple pleasures won't weaken you. I know this like a boss. After months in a warzone, I 'decompressed' with a massage and soak. It was and is what warriors deserve. We can't man the wall all our lives. When we put that 'wall' up, women don't understand. Enjoy, you deserve it.

Put the phone off the hook and have another bath with some chocolate, a glass of wine and your favorite book.

Too far? [Image: gay.gif]

This thread's getting steamy.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

When I was married, I had the big bathtub right beside my bed room. I had my coffee pot auto-programed to make a cup of coffee at 6am in the bathroom. I was coming off a back surgery and I would wake up in the morning and walk directly to the bathtub and get inside for 30 minutes. It was great for waking up. My wife was not allowed to talk to me during those 30 minutes.

I miss that bathtub. Not her.

Quote: (03-16-2015 11:56 PM)Atlantic Wrote:  

Put the phone off the hook and have another bath with some chocolate, a glass of wine and your favorite book datasheet.

Too far? [Image: gay.gif]

[Image: tumblr_ltjezxCI7L1qdi5mmo1_500.png]

[Image: gay.gif] [Image: gay.gif] [Image: gay.gif]

I've suffered from lower back pain over the last several years and taking hot baths brings me relief. And it's relaxing too. Great for de-stressing.

Watch that knee. I had similar problems, and had to quit squats. Feels good bro. Yeah, taking a bath is good, but my tub ain't that big. Waiting to get a bigger one in the future so the other half of my body is covered in hot water. There's a reason why a particular people love baths.

Out of the woodwork, into the night, onto the moonlit veranda.

One of the reasons I'm moving from my current place is that the water doesn't get hot enough.

A hot bath is one of my favorite simple pleasures in life.

Back in my military days, there was a famous poster of SEALS getting hosed in cold H2O. They were wearing 'white UDT's, and they looked fucking miserable. I stared at that poster x 1000 and wanted to emulate those men that had to huddle 'nut to butt' to survive. Then I went war and froze in a x1000 showers.

I did my service and beyond, and 'cool' the shower to invigorated and raise prowess. But for fucks sake, those that have had to do no longer like it. It fucking hurts unless we go out and run 12 mi.

Athletes chew pain pills to contrast bath. Ask a vet what they had to bathe in.

+1 to vinman for being honest, and showing what alpha really is.

What didn't kill us made us stronger. Semper Fi!

[Image: attachment.jpg25372]   

edit- sometimes I blast the cold h2o on my face to sober up and remember when FOB Warhorse before it had a proper permiter.

Nice thread! 10 yrs. ago they did ultrasound and found a cyst. Doc gave me two options: "We cut open your sac, scrape off the ball, stick it back in, and then it feels like you've been kicked in the nuts for a couple days". OR "You can start jerking off more often and take a hot bath once a day". Guess which one I chose??? It's something I'll actually look forward to at the end of the day, and def. relaxing before going to bed.

[Image: Senor-Chang.gif]

I'm not going to lie. When I first got into the tub I cringed and felt like a bitch. After about 20 minutes I realized that I really should have a glass of Whiskey to sip on too. This is going to be part of my Sunday night ritual. Typically on Sunday I tidy up my place and prep food for the first few days of the week. Now it's going to include a hot bath, and whiskey before bed.

Oh, and I'm laughing at the gay jokes. After almost 9 years as a grunt gay jokes don't faze me. Once you check your "battle buddy" for leaches and ticks you become impervious. Military guys will know what I mean.
[Image: laugh3.gif]

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

[Image: james_bond_bathtub.jpg]

[Image: animated_gifs_120-010.gif]

It is nice once in a while.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

I have a shower-tub combo thing. No way I'd ever take a bath in that!

[Image: scarface6_bw.jpg]

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

It had been a long time since I had taken baths but I had a vasectomy almost a year ago and had some complications that were causing me pain. Read about taking hot baths to help with pain and realized I forgot how awesome they are. Real hot baths are the shit.

TEAM VASECTOMY

Great post. Few things are better for relaxing your body and mind and repairing some of the collateral damage from hard weightlifting than taking a hot bath or a very long hot shower. As a man gets a little older, these things are increasingly necessary to keep one's body in good working order. Make sure you keep the water in the tub pretty hot, not scalding hot, but more than just warm. That is best for really relaxing your muscles -- it's the higher temperature that does it.

A good thing to do while in the bath or under the hot shower is to think of each of your muscles in turn, and then think about that muscle relaxing. You can literally go around your body and do it with every single muscle. The results may surprise you; particularly guys who are tense and tight from sitting in front of the computer all day might feel some muscles relax that they've never felt relax before, and did not even know could relax.

Make sure to do some stretches after the hot bath or long hot shower. Your muscles become softer, longer and more pliable, and there is no better time to stretch them; in fact this is when stretching is by far the most effective. Get on the mat after you towel off and just relax into a few of your favorite stretches, and your muscles will thank you later.

One final thing to remember is that if you skin is sensitive to any extent, you should slap some moisturizing cream on your body after the hot bath or shower, to prevent the skin from being damaged by the long exposure to hot water. Towel off lightly and put the moisturizer on while your skin is still moist (but no longer wet). This will lock in the moisture and protect your skin.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

My First Hot Bath In Decades:

This is how I picture you before that first hot bath in decades:
[Image: latest?cb=20141102213009&path-prefix=protagonist]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Baths have been used since ancient times when Men returned home from battle and took a soak in the natural hot springs which had sulfur, magnesium and other minerals to heal wounds, muscles, tendons and nerves from the trauma.

Baths are great.

I also recommend the sauna if you don't go from time to time already.

A first sauna in years is truly invigorating.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-26570.html

Also "How to take a bath like a man" thread http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-33902....light=bath

I'm guessing the people saying it's gay are joking or don't know what a long week, month, months work feels like.

I use to think baths were for women and kids also until I started doing real work.
Landscaping, construction, warehouse... Military

There is nothing better than a hot bath.
Hell. Hit the bath with a cold beer and you feel like a god when you get out.

Don't get caught up thinking you are too much of a man to take a hot bath.

It's good for your health also. Baths and hot tubs user to be part of my gym routine.
After a hard workout, I hit a couple laps in the pool then hit the hot tub.

When I in loving in Budapest, I would even hit the spa or get a message at the place around the corner.

I'm gonna go further and throw in pedicure and foot soaks also.
Anyone that wears boots for a living and really puts some field mileage one them knows that feeling of taking your boots off after a long day.
Some of y'all probably have some nasty rancid feet.

Who cares what then little Vietnamese ladies at the nail shop are gonna say.
My dad started getting them after for 3rd deployment and never looked back.
After being in the field for a month, I try to treat my body to something good

I am the cock carousel

I hate how small average tubs are. I vastly, vastly prefer to go to my what I call "my" hot tub which is close by, has palm trees around it, gets really hot, and has plenty of space. Bonus is that it doesn't really close and as long as I'm not being a jackass I can be there as late as I want with as many friends or ladies as I want, drinking cold beer or cocktails and listening to music while looking up at the stars and the palm trees.

I understand that Epsom salt baths are very good for you, though.

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"