rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Revelation after travelling to China

When I was in China I noticed that the attitudes of Chinese women were almost the polar opposite of what I experience in Canada.

I believe there are many cultural reasons for this, but the main one I observed that would provide the structure and foundation of the attitude difference was this: When a Chinese married couple divorces, the husband pays no alimony, no spousal support, and if there is a child in the marriage, the husband pays the child money directly, not to the mother. The reason is that the man and woman are no longer family so the man has no responsibility for her well being. The child is still the father's blood, and as such he has filial responsibilities to the child.

Using this knowledge compare these two scenarios, and look for the carrot-on-the-stick

There are difficulties in the marriage---

In China: The woman will have incentive to work it out, do whats best for the family, perhaps act more feminine, cook more, be gentler.

In Canada: The woman could either put in the work, humble herself, or just bail with half the assets, the house, the kids, and eat pray love her way onto the next chump

Add to this, in China, if you have a child out of wedlock, the woman must PAY the government hefty fees, and receives no benefits for having said child
In Canada, a woman has a child out of wedlock and receives generous amounts of taxpayer dollars for having this child.

... Think about that... There is no incentive to have a child out of wedlock in China, however, in fact, there is a monetary deterrent. In Canada there is a financial incentive to have children out of wedlock. This behaviour is rewarded.

Women are financially encouraged to divorce for any reason and have kids outside of marriage with whomever. I always knew how this was messed up but after witnessing an orderly society where rules are set up to encourage proper family formation I am absolutely dumbstruck now that I'm back in North America that our own laws are set up to destroy the family unit...

I have so many conflicting emotions about this. China is not perfect, but at least socially there aren't set up to fail like we are.

"You've just taken your first step into a larger world" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Your revelation is that incentives incentivize?

I guess this concept would be revolutionary in the U.S.

In the U.S., we also let bored wives walk away with half or more whenever they'd like, and scratch our heads and wonder why women initiate ~70% of divorces.

Furthermore, we give single mothers money to raise their bastard spawn, then scratch our heads over why single mothers keep popping out bastards.

We let illegal immigrants and their spawn use our healthcare, schools, and school meals for free, and scratch our heads as to why we keep getting more illegal immigrants and their spawn.

We subsidize student loans, then scratch our heads and wonder why students keep taking out so much debt.

etc. etc.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Quote: (03-08-2015 03:22 PM)Kabal Wrote:  

In the U.S., we also let bored wives walk away with half or more whenever they'd like, and scratch our heads and wonder why women initiate ~70% of divorces.

Furthermore, we give single mothers money to raise their bastard spawn, then scratch our heads over why single mothers keep popping out bastards.

We let illegal immigrants and their spawn use our healthcare, schools, and school meals for free, and scratch our heads as to why we keep getting more illegal immigrants and their spawn.

We subsidize student loans, then scratch our heads and wonder why students keep taking out so much debt.

etc. etc.

"For the longest time I wouldn't believe it, and then I saw the fields with my own eyes." - Morpheus

I've never had so much drive to expatriate. Knowing my tax dollars are funding this system makes me feel like part of the problem... Gonna look into TESL and go to EE, Russia, SEA.. anywhere but here. I'm spending my life feeding a system that cannibalizes me. What a horrifying realization

Quote: (03-08-2015 03:36 PM)Jneg Wrote:  

Quote: (03-08-2015 03:22 PM)Kabal Wrote:  

etc. etc.

"For the longest time I wouldn't believe it, and then I saw the fields with my own eyes." - Morpheus

I've never had so much drive to expatriate. Knowing my tax dollars are funding this system makes me feel like part of the problem... Gonna look into TESL and go to EE, Russia, SEA.. anywhere but here. I'm spending my life feeding a system that cannibalizes me. What a horrifying realization

There is definitely some money to be had teaching tesl in Korea or Taiwan.. And then spend it all while travelling the region. Go for it.