rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Suspenders, thoughts?

Suspenders, thoughts?

I never had a thing for suspenders. But I've been thinking about it lately (was invited to a wedding of a friend) and I have come to like them because they give this masculine alpha vibe and are in some cases quite fashionable. They give you this Wolf of Wall Street look. So I would like to incorporate them in my style.

What do you guys think? Anyone use one of these? What are the color's I want to use?

[Image: suspenders-2.png]

[Image: ed-westwick-suspenders-gossip-girl-08.jpeg]

[Image: men-suspenders-look.jpg]

Quote: (11-15-2014 08:53 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
But guys, the fight itself isn't the focus here. How the whole thing was instigated by 1 girl is the big deal.

Suspenders, thoughts?

Not my thing... they give off too much of a hipster vibe, but I can see how some guys could make it work (especially the second picture).

Suspenders, thoughts?

Well first don't look like a hipster.

A minor point. They are suspenders if they are clip on. Braces if they attach to buttons inside the pant waist like in the first picture.

If you are going to do it. I'd do braces because it implies a bit more sophistication. However, it will cost more since your pants need to have those interior buttons.

Also, personally for me, I would go low key like the last dude rather than trying to tie every color together. Don't be a try hard. That and being a hipster are punchable offenses.

Edit: in the second picture the douche forgot to paint his soles red to match.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Suspenders, thoughts?

Remember to not wear a belt if you wear suspenders. Pick one or another.

I 2nd going with the buttons. Clip ons make you look like a kid and they don't look good as the 2nd picture clearly shows.

Suspenders are good for making you look taller
They're more comfortable than a belt
If you're fat they can hide your gut instead of a belt where it would tighten around your gut

Suspenders, thoughts?

The purpose of them is to make your trousers hang properly, so the crease hangs straight, and you don't get excessive break on your shoe line. If you're serious about looking your best in a suit, then it's a no brainer, you should wear them. No different to shining your shoes until they reflect sunlight - subtle details add together to create an overall appearance. If worn under a suit, I'd stick to plain dark colours - although if you tend to wear plain coloured suits and let your choice of material do the talking, and wear white shirts/dark ties, then a bit of colour can be a stylish addition to braces - think white/red/pink spots or something of that nature against a dark background.

If you're referring to wearing them as a fashion item in and of themselves, then good luck to you. Perhaps it is time to consider wearing your underpants over your trousers too!

Suspenders, thoughts?

I say go for it.

WIA

Suspenders, thoughts?

Quote: (03-04-2015 11:43 AM)CaptainChardonnay Wrote:  

Remember to not wear a belt if you wear suspenders. Pick one or another.

I 2nd going with the buttons. Clip ons make you look like a kid and they don't look good as the 2nd picture clearly shows.

CC is right on all counts one or the other. I am not trying to be a dick but for added emphasis on the buttons over clip on discussion.

[Image: 1361291253_4-steve-urkel.jpg]

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Suspenders, thoughts?

All noted guys. Thanks for the input.

I was leaning towards the clips not braces. But looking at the pictures for a while, those braces do give that edge.

Quote: (11-15-2014 08:53 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
But guys, the fight itself isn't the focus here. How the whole thing was instigated by 1 girl is the big deal.

Suspenders, thoughts?

I personally like the clips. I don't get all the hipster hate around the forum. I go out with my boys, dressed like a hipster and get attention from birds left and right. I get that most of the dudes are beta and give off borderline homosexual vibes. But if done correctly, with tight game and good frame, you can clean up in most areas.

-CD

Suspenders, thoughts?

For me hipsters seem to be very superficial and no substance. They generally come off very wimpy but for some reason very mouthy. This whole you are perfect as you are nonsense growing up makes them feel like they should just speak all the time. Growing up in their age group I bet few were threatened with physical violence for being a douche so they just got in the habit of continuing their nonsense. I think also it is that I haven't met a hipster who has accomplished anything I can respect. Not saying it isn't possible I just have not met one yet in person.

Please don't get me wrong. I am not, well not yet, get off my lawn guy. I just appreciate the low key alphas that I have met in my life and aspire to be. Action over words. Substance over flash. I am sure a lot of the nonsense I see is due to people's addiction to social media which gives you instant feedback on how you are doing compared to your peers and keeping up with what your peers are doing. So you have to try and keep up or try and do better. It just doesn't seem authentic to me. That's all.

Suspenders, thoughts?

[Image: How+About+No.jpg?1307079577]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Suspenders, thoughts?

Quote: (03-04-2015 11:49 AM)H1N1 Wrote:  

The purpose of them is to make your trousers hang properly, so the crease hangs straight, and you don't get excessive break on your shoe line. If you're serious about looking your best in a suit, then it's a no brainer, you should wear them. No different to shining your shoes until they reflect sunlight - subtle details add together to create an overall appearance.

This is the answer. Braces allow suit pants to be slightly less tight in the waist and comfortably hang at exactly the right level.

The photos in this thread are nothing but look-at-me attention whoring misuse of an accessory.

Suspenders, thoughts?

Quote: (03-04-2015 01:19 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

For me hipsters seem to be very superficial and no substance. They generally come off very wimpy but for some reason very mouthy. This whole you are perfect as you are nonsense growing up makes them feel like they should just speak all the time. Growing up in their age group I bet few were threatened with physical violence for being a douche so they just got in the habit of continuing their nonsense. I think also it is that I haven't met a hipster who has accomplished anything I can respect. Not saying it isn't possible I just have not met one yet in person.

Please don't get me wrong. I am not, well not yet, get off my lawn guy. I just appreciate the low key alphas that I have met in my life and aspire to be. Action over words. Substance over flash. I am sure a lot of the nonsense I see is due to people's addiction to social media which gives you instant feedback on how you are doing compared to your peers and keeping up with what your peers are doing. So you have to try and keep up or try and do better. It just doesn't seem authentic to me. That's all.

I get your point and agree with you mostly. Thing is hipster can pertain to dressing and personality. I take more of their style as my own and not the personality. Most run their fucking mouths and bitch up fast, but that is why I think chicks dig my style all together. I've never been bitched anywhere in my life, (well once, but i was in a shitty neighborhood, outnumbered and hoods don't fight fair). I walk into a venue chicks expect me to sound and act like urkel until they are hit with the truth and I can almost see the transformation happen in their eyes. Like being a wolf in sheeps suspenders.

Reminds me of one of the moments someone said to my boy from DC that he looked like a "sweet hipster." He laughed for 2 seconds, faced turned serious, walked close to them and said "you think shit sweet if you want." I'll admit most won't act like us, but I think game is game and for me dressing like the dudes above gets me some nice birds, just like some dudes rock the suits and clean up.

Suspenders, thoughts?

Not on point, but from an old guy: suspenders >>>>>> belt for holding up your pants.

Suspenders, thoughts?

Cover doc, cool. I just hate the guys that run their mouth that's all. Accomplish something then run your mouth. I rock braces with my suit but never just pants and braces. Occasionally a bow tie.

Suspenders, thoughts?

Quote: (03-04-2015 01:42 PM)1818Steve Wrote:  

The photos in this thread are nothing but look-at-me attention whoring misuse of an accessory.

"Accessories" are, by their very nature, look-at-me attention whoring. Or does the tie serve some grandiose purpose? Or a pocket square? A necklace? Your hairstyle?

Suspenders, thoughts?

Quote: (03-04-2015 02:05 PM)HughMyron Wrote:  

Quote: (03-04-2015 01:42 PM)1818Steve Wrote:  

"Accessories" are, by their very nature, look-at-me attention whoring. Or does the tie serve some grandiose purpose? Or a pocket square? A necklace? Your hairstyle?

"Misuse" is the key word.

Suspenders, thoughts?

I do see suspenders being misused A LOT, but if done correctly with the right ensemble, will look pretty nice.

Suspenders, thoughts?

Ashton Kutcher wears them a lot in a movie called spread. Its about a guy gaming older MILFS for free stuff and accommodation while still playing on the side. I would watch it if you want to see some examples of wearing them.

I think it can be a good look if you live in an area where this wouldn't be too out of place. It is basically saying you don't give a fuck and wear what you want. You got to be comfortable with that to pull it off though. A guy with an all white suit surrounded by girls is a rockstar but if he is alone in the corner he is weirdo. That is the challenge with wearing unique clothing. It multiples the effect already going on. So if you are cool it boosts that, if you are awkward it makes it look even worse.

[Image: Ashton-Kutcher-Demi-Moore-set-Spread-LA-...160052.jpg]

Suspenders, thoughts?

Tempted myself because I've got the body shape to pull it off, on the other hand you risk looking like this:

[Image: 138388352-season-5-pictured-david-hyde-p...NUqJNnlG4A]

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Suspenders, thoughts?

Quote: (03-04-2015 04:08 PM)DJ-Matt Wrote:  

Tempted myself because I've got the body shape to pull it off, on the other hand you risk looking like this:

[Image: 138388352-season-5-pictured-david-hyde-p...NUqJNnlG4A]

Yeah I was thinking about it a bit. It seems that if you don't have much mass on your upper body, you'll look like a dweeb wearing suspends. You also cannot afford to have much bodyfat. It's all about how they lie over your traps and pecs. If you don't have muscles there or too much fat the suspends bulge out to the side and it looks goofy

Suspenders, thoughts?

They draw attention to your chest, rather than your waist. So having a bit of muscle greatly enhances the look (something most style nerds won't tell you).

They're also not meant to be showed off as in the photos. They're underwear. They go under a jacket. If you're in your office, and they're exposed, sure. But prancing around the streets with braces and no coat is affected. If you do do that, tone down the rest of your outfit. A lot of these fashion people are competing with the other e-fashion nerds online, it's not very organic.

If you want to be a real G, get fishtail trousers.

[Image: Fish-Tail-Trousers.jpg]

Suspenders, thoughts?

fishtail trousers are tha shieeet

Suspenders, thoughts?

Oh and brace button installation is not pricey - it should run about $8-10 at the tailor. You could do it yourself if you wanted to, it's just sewing buttons in place.

Suspenders, thoughts?

I work in a big office, major market, and I have never seen anyone in suspenders. If I was to see a guy below 45 in suspenders I would probably hate on him in my head. The only people I see in suspenders are Larry King, and also fat guys who are not capable of wearing a belt. However, my opinion may be biased because I saw a very fat guy wearing suspenders a few days ago and chuckled at him, so thats the image I have associated with suspenders right now.

[Image: 54d432902d99f_-_suspenders-620.jpg]

but, down for:

[Image: mcqqq1000110026_347x683f.jpg]