rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rooming with Girls in Hostels

Those of you that stay in hostel rooms, have you noticed any way to sway the odds of what gender your roommates are? I'd prefer to dorm with girls, but I almost always end up in a dorm with all male roommates. I usually pick 4-6 person coed dorms when I make a reservation, but I'd say about 80% of my roommates tend to be male. Is this what other guys observe? Does hostel staff try to group guys and girls separately when assigning rooms? Or do girls just pick hostels in a different way / choose different kinds of rooms?

Quote: (05-12-2011 10:19 AM)Arobin Wrote:  

Those of you that stay in hostel rooms, have you noticed any way to sway the odds of what gender your roommates are? I'd prefer to dorm with girls, but I almost always end up in a dorm with all male roommates. I usually pick 4-6 person coed dorms when I make a reservation, but I'd say about 80% of my roommates tend to be male. Is this what other guys observe? Does hostel staff try to group guys and girls separately when assigning rooms? Or do girls just pick hostels in a different way / choose different kinds of rooms?

It depends on the country, but generally it's all a matter of luck. For me personally I absolutely hate rooming with girls who I'm attracted to. I mean it's just too much pressure, and generally I find that attractive hostel girls get hit on non stop. They are like a piece of meat thrown at a bunch of African refugees. All these backpacker dudes swarm at these chicks non-stop, even if they are average looking.

And if you hit on her and things don't go well then you have MAJOR akward moments to deal with. Once I went after this South American chick when I was backpacking in Africa. She didn't like my advances in a club and then it was akward as fuck the next day. She was in the bed next to mine.

Another time I had a pretty hot Brazilian girl in my dorm and there was NO one else staying with us that night. For some guys that would be golden but for me at least I didn't know wtf to do. You come on too strong and then all of a sudden you're ass may get kicked out by management.

So yeah, this shit has never worked for me, but I know for some guys it does. I'd much rather they be in some other dorm room and then I can hit on them in the common area.

Quote: (05-12-2011 10:47 AM)nomadicdude Wrote:  

Another time I had a pretty hot Brazilian girl in my dorm and there was NO one else staying with us that night. For some guys that would be golden but for me at least I didn't know wtf to do. You come on too strong and then all of a sudden you're ass may get kicked out by management.

I wouldn't worry about this so much. I think I've fucked up enough times in the past to realize that if I don't come on strong it's not going to work out. Also, it's not likely that a girl is going to squeal to management, and even if she does what's there to lose? Find another hostel. I'm not saying I'm condoning doing something that will get you kicked out, but why be afraid of getting kicked out of some place unimportant to you anyway?

Why do that ?

In rio i was in a ten bed dorm with 9 swedish chicks. Fucking sucked ! None of them were above a 6 and it was impossible to get into the bathroom

From my experience staying in hostels in brasil was that girls that were staying in hostels were low quality. A small minority of girls going through hostels are bangable. I believe you are downgrading when trying to swoop hostel girls. They don't roll with sexy outfits or high heels. Shit they maybe went a couple days without showering when they caught the bus from bolivia to argentina or whatever. Any quality girls(physically speaking) I know from the U.S. would never stay in a hostel. I only stayed in hostels when I was in brasil so maybe it could be different in Europe for example.

I don't give a shit and if I want to hit on them I do it, it's just how it is when travelling. Everyones partying and fucking when travelling and stayin in hostels anyway. Even the ones with boyfriends back home are fucking around, heard it so many times "oh I've got a boyfrend back home" few drinks later and they're getting off with someone.

A lot of girls tend to like the smaller dorms or go for girls only dorms if the hostel has them which can make it difficult.

Quote:Quote:

From my experience staying in hostels in brasil was that girls that were staying in hostels were low quality. A small minority of girls going through hostels are bangable. I believe you are downgrading when trying to swoop hostel girls. They don't roll with sexy outfits or high heels. Shit they maybe went a couple days without showering when they caught the bus from bolivia to argentina or whatever. Any quality girls(physically speaking) I know from the U.S. would never stay in a hostel. I only stayed in hostels when I was in brasil so maybe it could be different in Europe for example.

It's not my experience, it's a total mix of ugly and hot girls in hostels all over the world. I've met some absolutely gorgeous girls in hostels. High heels are of little importance to me, as long as they can look presentable and most manage it no problem (except those real serious types who are wearing the cargo pants and special travel fleeces with hiking boots...yuk!), many even managing to lok pretty decent which is good if you consider they've only got a backpack and a limited amount of clothes with them. Everyone has to forgo a shower every now and then when travelling, all part of the experience, but it's not like you're gonna be fucking them straight off that 30hr bus journey or 3 day desert trip / hike anyway. Wait till they've showered and then try and fuck them. Good looks has no relevance as to whether a girl will stay in a hostel. Most young, fun travllers stay in them the world over.

@Gringo this is just my experience of staying in hostels in brasil it could be different in other parts of the world. From what I saw in brasil for the most part the "backpacker" girls are pretty haggard.

I spent 2 months in Brazil staying in hostels, can recount many good looking girls.

I'm sure in Europe and other parts of the world there are. The brasilieras I know that have traveled through Europe and stayed in hostels and they are attractive.

Met tons of good looking Brazilians in hostels in Brazil.

I'll give you that. I met some cute ones but I wouldn't consider them "backpackers"

Consider them what you want, it's good looking girls in hostels.

I'm not going to debate this any more. I would say it is a small minority like I stated above that are attractive. For me I would rather hit the town and find girls then focus on girls in the hostel, it's my preference. It's a numbers game, there are A LOT more attractive women outside of the hostel.

Regardless of the quality of girls, I think a random girl in your dorm is more likely to be a hookup opportunity (even if she's a secondary prospect to local girls) than a random dude in your dorm, so that's why I was interested in swaying the odds towards chick dorm-mates.

I´m currently travelling through south america, the overall standard of hostel girls hasn´t been great. Most are from Australia and Britain so it´s to be expected, and as was stated above, a lot of them dress poorly, as if they´re going hiking when they´re going to a club, though I suppose this is the type of clothing that they´ll get the most use out of on their travels, so in this sense I suppose it´s somewhat understandable. The hottest hostel girls I´ve seen so far have been Israelis. I´d generally try approach locals instead of hostel girls, but wouldn´t worry too much about seeing them the next day if I did, you´ll never see them again once you or she leave(s).

Quote: (05-12-2011 11:07 AM)kerouac Wrote:  

Quote: (05-12-2011 10:47 AM)nomadicdude Wrote:  

I wouldn't worry about this so much. I think I've fucked up enough times in the past to realize that if I don't come on strong it's not going to work out. Also, it's not likely that a girl is going to squeal to management, and even if she does what's there to lose? Find another hostel. I'm not saying I'm condoning doing something that will get you kicked out, but why be afraid of getting kicked out of some place unimportant to you anyway?

Yeah, I don't really care so much about getting kicked out of the hostel as I do about the guilt trip. Even though I'm a dirty man I still have this guilty feeling when I come on too strong with girls (maybe it's the Catholic upbringing? I dunno, but I need to get over it).

Anyway, I've stayed in hostels all over and its hit or miss but I'd say that generally most backpacker chicks aren't the best looking. It doesn't really matter though because as I said before, I think the bigger problem is that even average looking chicks in hostels gets hit on non stop 50 times a day by 50 different backpacker dudes. The competitive for AVERAGE pussy in hostels in intense. I'd rather just go to a club and hit on chicks. The chances are a lot better there.

Right now I'm in China and there is a Chinese girl who works at the hostel who is very flirty. She is at best a 5, maybe even a 4, but I swear every day dudes are hitting on her. She must talk to 200 dudes a month. That's how it is in hostels if you have a vagina and look even somewhat decent, guys are all over you.

In the last 20 months of travelling, the hottest girls I have seen so far have been some of the receptionists.

I once stayed in a shared room in a hostel and I went out with this girl, she was a local, took her back to the hostel when I was drunk, paid for a bed just next to mine and I banged her while there were 2 other strangers in the room sleeping.

Well... I had a weird feeling the next day.

Done that loads of time in Asia and S. America, either with other backpacker girls or locals but I usually don't pay for a bed, just sneak them in if need be and fuck them regardless of who's in the room. It's slightly akward with your room mates the next day but a lot of people have done it so they can't complain.

Are you guys saying there are both hot, and ugly girls who live around the world, and in some stroke of sheer coinencedence, these girls like to travel too? And amazingly, that some of the girls who stay in hostels are really ugly, and that some are really hot?

I am going to leave my cave more often.

a hit and miss... asia, latin america and europe

competition is fierce, but manageable

israeli, brazilian and japenese were my best bets so far

forget receptionists... even if flirty... the bitch shield is thick

I'm in hostels all the time but i rarely fuck in them. At first i'm not that atracted to backpacker girls and will go for local flags first.Most of the time i feel out of place when hanging with backpackers since most of them are at least 10 year younger than me and inmature. I know i should hit on them since they like the easier pickings but i still have some issues with this.

Second - when in poorer countries i prefer to stay in a hostel for one or two days to make some contacts and than get a cheap hotel room. i feel out of my vibe when i'm in a club trying to pick up girls knowing i have trouble getting them back to a hostel dorm. i cant properly fuck and satisfy a girl when others are probably listening and touching themselves.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

I once boned an English chick in a San Fran hostel. I don't really know how I even pulled it off. I went sight seeing with them that day and talked to her all day, and then that night she boned me. Ever notice how british bitches love that retro-bush deal? Weird. Anyway, I tried to bang her friend later that night in her bunk below me while everyone else was sleeping.. but was denied. Can't win them all. Worth a shot.

I agree, luck. Traveling bitches are often more apt to take dick though.

I would like to hear your experiences and opinions of the amount of advantage that getting a single room as opposed even to a 4 bedroom dorm would have in sealing the deal with a girl.

Also, would daygaming with other backpacker chicks or befriending other chicks in the hostel be really better than hittling the bars as a backpacker?

The location is Australia for those who have been backpacking down under. I think the ethinicity of girls might matter such as European vs Asian(Jap/Korean/Chinese) though I cant say for sure.

Cheers.

I've travelled for almost 4 months staying mostly in mixed bedrooms.

It wasn't a preference - it was a need. Those rooms are much cheaper.

The whole hostel experience is what offers access to girls. Rooming with them has no extra benefits. You can mingle with them during breakfasts, events or common areas. Most girls are loud, messy and generally not very respectful (specially in groups), so actually rooming with them sucks.

If you want to pull girls from the hostel and have money for a single room, that's the best option.

If you want to bang local girls, it's not always easy to sneak them in and some hostels are strict about it.

In some places, AirBNB prices can be on par with a single bedroom on a hostel. Unless you're doing the hostel thing to have access to other travellers, financially-wise AirBNB is a good option and you have more privacy.