rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Keeping a low Cost Per Notch in Brazil

After having a pretty low true CPN in the rest of south america, the prices and lack of logistics in brazil are frustrating me.

Carnaval was fine as I got a cheap airbnb room and there were free street parties on my doorstep.

Now I'm in Morro De Sao Paulo, which has a free beach party on my doorstep 2 nights a week, but the other 5 nights are an average of 50 rs entry only, no re-entry, and up to 30 minutes walk from each other.

Is there any beach places in Brazil with a busy and free beach/street party almost every night, or at least a row of busy bars that are all free entry?

My friend tells me Porto Seguro is the same as here, and I've heard a few things about Ilha Grande and Pipa, can anybody let me know if anywhere in this country can offer me a low cost per notch and good logistics?

Quote: (02-27-2015 11:21 PM)flaghunter Wrote:  

After having a pretty low true CPN in the rest of south america, the prices and lack of logistics in brazil are frustrating me.

Carnaval was fine as I got a cheap airbnb room and there were free street parties on my doorstep.

Now I'm in Morro De Sao Paulo, which has a free beach party on my doorstep 2 nights a week, but the other 5 nights are an average of 50 rs entry only, no re-entry, and up to 30 minutes walk from each other.

Is there any beach places in Brazil with a busy and free beach/street party almost every night, or at least a row of busy bars that are all free entry?

My friend tells me Porto Seguro is the same as here, and I've heard a few things about Ilha Grande and Pipa, can anybody let me know if anywhere in this country can offer me a low cost per notch and good logistics?

I just finished studying some cities in Brazil as I start planning my next country to work on. Low cost notches? Then how about going to Manaus! I just read that Manaus is very easy, the easiest city in Brazil and is also in the cheapest region at the same time. So you might want to consider it. I also just found out about Belem being another good one.

I think by next year I will be ready to head out and try Brazil. I look forward to it cuz of how cheap it is in the Amazon region. I am going to try doing small cities in my own region on Northern Ontario where it is also apparenly easy, then after a year of saving my money I am ready to experiment and try to prove what cities in the Amazon rainforest are truly easy. I read that partying is a staple part of their lifestyle so you won't be giving up any kinds of enjoyment at all just to find a good city to game.

There should be a thread started about Manaus

Yes Manaus is a great place for girls if you dont mind the heat. 15 girls in 1 month is what I got... 18 to 24. And the quality is better than the bad reputation it has.

Should try Garopaba.

I'm not saying it's easy to bang, but quality is impressive and you can do your shit (night and day) without paying to enter clubs or whatever. Logistics can be really great, and as most people have now finished their vacation time (classes begun in most colleges) maybe you'll find some available spot.

Quote: (02-28-2015 12:44 AM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

Yes Manaus is a great place for girls if you dont mind the heat. 15 girls in 1 month is what I got... 18 to 24. And the quality is better than the bad reputation it has.

Can you share what method you used for getting them? Was it night game you used in Manaus? If I go there should I be whipping up a Badoo account or is it all night game? Or day game?

The Brazil currency is really weak right now. It actually dropped over 10% just in the last two weeks and is at 2.84 to 1 USD right now, which is a historically nice rate. I came here a few years ago and it was 1.6-ish to 1 USD. So right now is actually cheap or at least affordable by Brazilian standards because usually this country is way over priced for what you get. The problem for you is that most Brazilian beach towns cater to domestic Brazilian tourists and not some international backpacker trying to save money. Brazilian tourists are okay spending 50 Reals to get into a club. Brazilians spend money and think later. I've seen that even in Centro in Salvador with clubs charging 60 Reals to get into some live music event. Floripa is insane with club prices. Once I spent 80 USD to get into a club there.

So honestly I don't know what you can do about it. Just be happy you are in Brazil when the currency is weak. Some of the beach towns up North like Pipa cater to a younger crowd so they may charge lower cover though I seem to recall still paying cover even for a weekday party there once.

Mindanao, as a white dude in Manaus, every tactic works. Because of the heat online game was more comfortable, especially as a 30 something latin guy like me. Where I felt the happiest sexually was in Manaus and Davao. Except for the heat in Manaus, I could be happy there.

Quote: (02-27-2015 11:21 PM)flaghunter Wrote:  

The last time I was in Rio, club entrances were between 50 and 100 dollars, although the exchange rate was much worse then.

I would head up to the Northeast for more favorable prices and easy girls.

In BH nightlife is not quite as notorious as it is in Rio and SP and prices there are still very steep.

To enter good places and parties you can expect to pay 50 reais for entrance alone. Open bars are often 100 reais and up. The best place in the city had 150 reais open bar nights.

This was also in the slower season in the winter, in July/August.

I spent less than my friends because I will either do sober nights or just have a few drinks most of the time. Only having a few drinks is an alien concept to the locals. Though when I did do an open bar night I went all out and drank until I was stumbling especially because my tolerance wasn't too high, heh. Couldn't keep up with the others. Many places sell this bucket of beer in ice with 8-10 bottles inside. People carry them around to either share amongst friends or for themselves individually for the whole night.

Dudes my height and weight would be drinking the whole thing to themselves and only getting a mild buzz.

Quote: (03-01-2015 03:51 PM)Nascimento Wrote:  

In BH nightlife is not quite as notorious as it is in Rio and SP and prices there are still very steep.

To enter good places and parties you can expect to pay 50 reais for entrance alone. Open bars are often 100 reais and up. The best place in the city had 150 reais open bar nights.

This was also in the slower season in the winter, in July/August.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the Savassi bar scene either (mainly tables for groups of friends to socialize with each other opposed to meeting other singles).

Club options and outdoor lounges have apparently expanded since I was last there though. Great cafe culture too.

Quote: (03-01-2015 03:51 PM)Nascimento Wrote:  

I spent less than my friends because I will either do sober nights or just have a few drinks most of the time. Only having a few drinks is an alien concept to the locals. Though when I did do an open bar night I went all out and drank until I was stumbling especially because my tolerance wasn't too high, heh. Couldn't keep up with the others. Many places sell this bucket of beer in ice with 8-10 bottles inside. People carry them around to either share amongst friends or for themselves individually for the whole night.

Dudes my height and weight would be drinking the whole thing to themselves and only getting a mild buzz.

Not sure how even groups of 3-4 can get these 12 beer ice buckets. I get fat like none other with too much beer so opt for cocktails.

^^ The worst is my 2 buddies each had their own bucket! We arrived at the club around 10 and stayed till 4 so I guess that is plenty of time to drink all the beers. Still though I'd be comatose.