rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

San Miguel de Allende, GTO. data sheet

Well, this is my first data sheet:

In Semana Santa I went to San Miguel de Allende(for now on, SMA) in the state of Guanajuato(GTO) Mexico.

How to get there? Plane to Bajio(BJX) and then 2hour bus, plane to Queretaro(QRO) an then 1hour bus or plane to Mexico City(MX) and 2:30 hour bus.

What is SMA? SMA is a colonial town, one of the most expensives places for mexicans and one of the places in Mexico with most americans per capita, most of them a bunch of oldies that retire in Mexico. SMA has now become a weekend relax/party trip for fresas mirrreyes/mirrreynas from all the center of Mexico.

What to do/see? It's a colonial place so everything has to do with Mexican Independence around XIX century. There's a central plaza called by the locals "El Jardín" this is where day game is king, lot of tourists walk and take pictures of the big cathedral and all the colonial buildings around.
You would see a bunch of fresas girls walking around taking pictures.

Also, there are a lot of couples, stunning 9/10 girls with a 6/10 proto jersey shore guy but then you see that he has a 7 series BMW so....

It's a small town so all the day action is around "El Jardín":
http://www.google.com.mx/search?q=el+jar...40&bih=799

Everything is scattered around downtown so you just need to walk a couple blocks to find everything.
Nightlife:

Nightlife in SMA revolves around two fresa clubs, a bunch of bars and other low class cantinas, etc.

El Grito: The most popular and fresa club, bottle service is a must(Red Label or Jack Daniels 100 USD), Black Eyed Peas, Katy Perry, that kind of music and some latina after 2:00am. I went to nights to these place, the first one was awful because of the service, it was packed and I had a horrible table. The second one was pretty good and I got so drunk that I had a chobby 6 rubbing her ass, she wasn't turning me on and then one of my stupids friends got into trouble. ID is not enforced so you would find from 17 to 30 years old.

This is the site:
http://www.elgrito.com.mx/
Click in: "el grito en imágenes" to see photos.
Some "El Grito" FB photos:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a...2455315658

Mint: Similar to El Grito but smaller, I think it has an older crowd though, a little bit of more latina music, prices are similar to Grito, the music is the same pop as in Grito but a little bit more of 90's and 80's. There were some cougars that one of my friends took home.
I was drinking tequila in my table and then a girl hit one me, literal, staring and then dancing with me, she was a plain 6, we had a tequila shot but I wasn't feeling it, she left, 20minutes later I was walking around and she said hello to me, I responded: Que tal?, she was with one 35 chubby guy, similar to the puertorican in Jersey Shore, he started to yell at me, then suddenly he threw me a quick punch that IDK how managed to cover but then pushed me and I felt into a sofa, he was going to kick my ass but a friend stopped him and then security came, crazy shit.

Limerick: Same street as Grito, hipster-hippie-indie, a cool bar with some tables and a pool table, lots of weed smoking people, I really liked this place but all my friends are fresas so I didn't hang out here as much as I wanted to, I picked up a girl outside thouogh(no bang, I was wasted)

There's a place called "La Terraza" is a predrink and after, same crowd that goes to Grito/Mint, really good to connect before clubbing or pick up some wasted girls after.

Mamma Mia is a italian bar-restaurant, pretty good pizzas and people are usually open to connect.

So, in conclusion:
I recommend this place ONLY if you don't like beaches, the crowd is too fresa/mirreye so ONS are not as common, you can still pick up lower class/chobby girls but they are not as good looking obviously.
Also, there are were a lot of couples.

I had fun but I don't think I would come again with my buddies, only in a relax get away of the city mode or with a girl.

Also, this are the mirrreyes:

"mirrrey174 up, 6 down
A term used in latinamerica, mainly in Mexico, referring to a 15 to 30 years old male that likes to show off, wears shirts leaving more than 2 buttons open at the top, drinks champagne, shows way too much love to their mirrrey friends being not necessarily gay. They also like to be the leading role in photos, you will find them as the guy that makes a duckface and a rock&roll sign with his hands.
those mirrreyes ordered 5 bottles of Moet Chandon at the club"

The evolution of the fresas in Mexico:
http://mirrreybook.tumblr.com/

Hey, I forgot, there are two Latin Cafes that from 9pm to IDK have salsa lessons, a guy on the street told us it was a great place to pick up cougars, MILFs and similar. Also, please consider that I went on Semana Santa, I think SMA only has people in Semana Santa or other Mexican Holidays.

Anyone who posts a solid data sheet about ANY location gets an automatic rep point from me. Sounds like a cool place to escape with a girl.

Question: Do you look latin, or are you flat out Gringo with blonde hair/green eyes, white? This is always plays a factor to consider in Latin American counties

Mixx

Quote: (05-09-2011 01:22 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Anyone who posts a solid data sheet about ANY location gets an automatic rep point from me. Sounds like a cool place to escape with a girl.

Question: Do you look latin, or are you flat out Gringo with blonde hair/green eyes, white? This is always plays a factor to consider in Latin American counties

Mixx

Curious that you would think that I am a gringo considering that my written English is not as good. I am latino Mixx, mix of southern Spaniard and IDK what. Funny thing, in the US they always think I'm Arab.

I have a tan, lot of bodyhair, beard eyebrows and almost black eyes. In the south of Mexico they always think I am a foreginer or that I look exotic.

I forgot to mention, SMA is one of the safest cities in Mexico and it has good food if you know where to look.

Where are you now fool I live in Guanajuato, Gto?

Quote: (05-10-2011 06:17 PM)sylo Wrote:  

Where are you now fool I live in Guanajuato, Gto?

You should build a relationship with a Guanajuato girl and have a weekend trip to SMA.

BTW If you think that Guanajuato girls are hot, you haven't seen anything [Image: wink.gif]

Hey bars,

Speaking of hot girls, I thought some of those nightclub photos from El Grito had some pretty hot chicas! You know what surprised me was that many of the girls (and guys) looked white, not brown. Some even had blue eyes. I am used to Mexicans with dark skin and dark eyes. Are there a lot of white-looking people in Central Mexico?

Also, what is a "fresa"?

Thank you for the report. I think there have been some things published here (in the USA) about San Miguel de Allende, but it's stuff about retired Americans moving down there to live permanently, or for half the year or whatever.

Quote: (05-10-2011 10:26 PM)Chaz Wrote:  

Hey bars,

Speaking of hot girls, I thought some of those nightclub photos from El Grito had some pretty hot chicas! You know what surprised me was that many of the girls (and guys) looked white, not brown. Some even had blue eyes. I am used to Mexicans with dark skin and dark eyes. Are there a lot of white-looking people in Central Mexico?

Also, what is a "fresa"?

Thank you for the report. I think there have been some things published here (in the USA) about San Miguel de Allende, but it's stuff about retired Americans moving down there to live permanently, or for half the year or whatever.

Everyone thinks that Mexico is a mono country full of brown people and girls with can body. That's completely BS. Mexico is a multirracial country(not as much as the US or Brazil though)
The whiter people are in the north of Mexico in order: Sonora, Jalisco/Nuevo Leon, Chihuahua(DANGEROUS), Coahuila and Mexico DF.

Of course there are caucasian looking people everywhere but the population is whiter in those states.

This is a fresa:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fresa

This are girls from Sonora:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTL-C_30A2U

This are fresa girls at a wedding:
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a...1062_n.jpg
at a soccer game:
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a...9269_n.jpg
at whatever:
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a...7438_n.jpg

Quote: (05-10-2011 11:19 PM)bars Wrote:  

Quote: (05-10-2011 10:26 PM)Chaz Wrote:  

Hey bars,

Also, what is a "fresa"?

Everyone thinks that Mexico is a mono country full of brown people and girls with can body. That's completely BS. Mexico is a multirracial country(not as much as the US or Brazil though)
The whiter people are in the north of Mexico in order: Sonora, Jalisco/Nuevo Leon, Chihuahua(DANGEROUS), Coahuila and Mexico DF.

Of course there are caucasian looking people everywhere but the population is whiter in those states.

This is a fresa:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fresa

This are girls from Sonora:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTL-C_30A2U

This are fresa girls at a wedding:
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a...1062_n.jpg
at a soccer game:
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a...9269_n.jpg
at whatever:
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a...7438_n.jpg

Bars, great post that speaks a lot of truth. My family is from el norte and I used to visit all the time when I was younger. Hell, I remember a few rubios Mexicanos en el norte. I need to go back soon to visit my abuelos, bang all my hot cousins' friends, and drop a data sheet on the joint.

I just spent 6 days in San Miguel. It's a charming and colourful little colonial town. Like OP said, great place to hang out and recharge from the craziness of CDMX, maybe spend a weekend with a girlfriend. Most of the OP's original venues are still relevant from what I can tell. Funny how most things don't change in a small town even after 6 years.

I will add a few nuggets to the data sheet:

La Chula: Neat little roof top bar / restaurant across the street from Mama Mia Bar. There's a live DJ and the bar service is fast. They play latin / top 40 / salsa music. There's two levels to the roof top and there's couches on the top level which create a very intimidate feel for a date. I took a girl here on a date on a weeknight. Would recommend.

Quince: This place is the swankiest spot in the centre of town by far. It's a bar / restaurant on a terrace overlooking the town cathedral. The decor and ambiance is very nice. Came here again on a date with a chica and the cocktails were delicious. Saw some fly high end fresa looking chicks in tight cocktail dresses out with their boyfriends / social groups here. The Mexicans that hang out here tend to have more more money as it's an upper-middle - high class joint.

La Coronela Bar: A long, darker bar with loud bumping music all week long. Seems like a local hang out. Decently priced drinks and a good warm-up spot for a date. Would not come here if you're looking for something more intimidate though.

Hostel Rosewood: The most expensive and fancy hotel in town a bit out of the center. The Aldea neighbourhood does have some restaurants and bars that I didn't get a chance to explore, as well as proximity to some decent hotels. I did not stay here but did drop in to scope out the venue. Another fancy terrace / rooftop bar with relatively pricier drinks overlooking the city. Could have suited up G game potential.

Taco Real: Located on Relox street just north of the Jardin Allende. It's a no-frills Mexican buffet for 100 pesos. The selection is decent for the price and the food seems pretty fresh if you come for lunch. I've eaten here a few times and would recommend.

Cafe San Agustin: Probably the most well known restaurant in town. The food here is really good, and the churros / hot chocolates are a must-try. Lots of Sex in the City MX style decorations. Great value for the price.

La Catrina Hostel: I stayed a few nights here in a private room. About 350 pesos per night and has all the basic amenities you'd need plus simply breakfast included. It's a 10 min walk to town centre. Nice big common area / kitchen. Pretty mixed travelling crowd from solo girls to european gap-year couples to families with babies. I met a few cool backpackers here and we ended up hanging out. Did not try bringing a girl back here so I don't know how receptive the staff would be to that. Would recommend.

Hostal & Spa Lool Beh: A cheaper version of La Catrina and more out of the way to the town centre on the opposite end. Stayed here for two days just to lay low. WiFi was good, breakfast included, staff was friendly, and they have a laundry service for 50 pesos. The mixed dorm beds / mattresses were crappy and not comfortable. Otherwise it's a quiet little spot if you're on a budget.

Overall, I would not come here for specific gaming purposes but you can do some opportunistic day game around and meet the girl(s) out later in the night. I liked it more than Guanajuato which has more of a claustrophobic feel with the mountains and buildings right on top of you, and the city traffic minus big-city amenities. The town has a real rustic charm to it during the weekdays with locals going about their everyday lives. It really comes alive people start to flood in during the weekends for their weekend getaways / parties.

Datasheet: Vancouver, BC