rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Copper bracelets, etc.

Copper bracelets, etc.

Anyone use any of this stuff? I sort of think this stuff is hooey, but but I am always open to learning.

My knees bug me from time to time from boxing and I am wondering if this might be good. I am taking a bunch of supplements for joints, but if it can help I'll use it.

Thanks.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Copper bracelets, etc.

They fall into the same category as Q-ray bracelets and those "balance bracelets"

Copper bracelets, etc.

Sam do you mean copper compression wear like this?

http://www.tommiecopper.com/

I'm interested to see if anyone has used them.

I have a pair of compression shorts that cover my knees and they definitely provide support, but I'd like to see how effective they are compared to copper ones.

It doesn't seem like copper compression would be any better than regular wraps.

I know some athletes that swear by knee or calf wraps but not copper ones.

Copper bracelets, etc.

I've used the copper bracelet. Can't say it had a noticeable positive impact. Science sounds appealing enough to believe but at the end of the day, I would say it's a gimmick. Just my opinion though.

Copper bracelets, etc.

Never dismiss something before you understand it, but in this case I cannot see how, by what physical-biological mechanism external copper would help.

First thing first:
1. Are you properly hydrated? (your urine must be clear at all times, dehydration can makes it's effects felt even days later after it was resolved)
2. Are you eating all the minerals you should?
3. How is your stress? Can you lower it?
4. Do blood work to see if you have any infection.
5. Are you making faulty movements, improper exercise form, sitting, position, shoes that have too much foam/are too soft?

After this, one can try other alternative stuff.