rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Has anyone here asked your boss if you could work remotely while traveling?

Thread title, assuming you do something that can allow you to work remotely.

Yes, I have to be 45 minutes driving distance from the company in case I don't have internet.

In the 4 hour work week, ferris recommended a specific book that goes deep into strategies for how to pull this off. I can't remember the name.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Asking for remote work is a bit of a case by case thing. Since it depends on your job, your boss, and how well you've done your job.

If your boss is cool, you've done your shit, and your job lets you work remotely, I might just be straight forward and ask.

Most cases, your company/boss is a dick. If it's just normal travel, most likely they'll say no even if you've done your shit. Therefore, you need to come up with some way of tying it to family or just do it and not let them know. If it's a short enough time you can fake that you're sick.

The 4HWW goes into faking sick, and then overproducing by whatever metric you do along with calling out your results out when you get back. But, that's not as much the issue as a manager just not waiting to rock the boat.