rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Women: they don't make history that much

A woman has only won Time's person of the year three times
http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog...2014-ebola

[Image: TimePerson_1012.svg]

The article makes no explicit claims of sexism but the message is clear.

If civilization had been left in female hands we would still be living in grass huts. - Camille Paglia

I don't think it is right to name a group as the Person of the Year. Make a new title or change the existing one but don't change the rules.
For all intents and purposes as well while I admire those who would volunteer to go over and fight Ebola, I don't think they've made that much of a difference. Give it to someone who has had an actual major impact on the world or national stage.

Personally I would have given it to Putin.

I find it interesting that Germany has 2, or is it 3? I wonder if more than one was Hitler?

And yeah, the "only x# women have ever been given the title" thing is a not so subtle claim on sexism. Heard it on the news today and just had to roll my eyes.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
Thomas Jefferson

Grange obviously did'nt get the memo. I see this quote around usually on a Subaru station wagon and coincidentally driven by a "womyn" creeply resembling Eleanor herself.

[Image: attachment.jpg23462]   

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

Yeah, there's a strong correlation between liking that quote and being fat, short-haired, and obnoxious.

If civilization had been left in female hands we would still be living in grass huts. - Camille Paglia

When you consider that Eleanor Roosevelt is primarily remembered for being married to a man infinitely more important than her, it's hard to take that sentiment seriously.

Reminds me of the old joke, why don't they teach Men's Studies at college? They do, it's called History...

That Eleanor Roosevelt quote is sort of annoying when you see it on bumper stickers. I have never seen a feminine ore presentable woman ever have one of these. It always seems like hideous chicks or batshit crazy ones. Even more disturbing is that rather than focus on being the best person they can be, by having these bumper stickers it makes it seem they are obsessed with making history.

Anyone who seeks fame over being successful or good at something, rarely gets the fame. Peyton Manning loves the game, he enjoys every bit of the sport. Fame is a side effect of his love and dedication to the game. However, he did fuck me in RVF fantasy, so he apparently didn't prepare that hard last week, asshole.

You see it in LA all the time, lots of "actors" wanna be famous, they just don't want to do the work and deal with the rejection.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Women have consistently made history!

...when they gave birth to boys that eventually became historically great men.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Quote: (12-11-2014 07:50 PM)Kingsley Davis Wrote:  

I see this quote around usually on a Subaru station wagon and coincidentally driven by a "womyn" creeply resembling Eleanor herself.

Heh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEZjHzuruPs

Well-behaved women rarely make history.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Women don't really do ...much of anything. Except reproduce. Which is pretty remarkable. In fact, just doing that ONE thing ought to be enough. So it's a shame that they feel they need to pretend to be equal in tasks men excel at. Which is, just about everything OTHER than having babies. Look out the window, wherever in the world you are reading this. Look at everything you see: The trees come from nature; everything else was made by a man. Every building, every car, every train, every road, every bridge, every plane: Conceptualized, designed, engineered, built, and maintained almost exclusively by men. Every advance in every field - Physics, medicine, the arts, engineering, chemistry, politics, business, biology. Every cure, every app, every instrument - nearly all of them, made by men. If men didn't exist, the world would be as it was in the stone age. If women disappeared tomorrow, the world...would be virtually unchanged.

In a way, though, Eleanor is right (although this quote is/will be greatly mis-used by PC-feminists).

To make history, you generally need to be contrarian, aggressive, and/or step on some toes.

However, women are generally more conformist and rule/law-abiding than men.

They are more concerned about getting along with others than Doing Something Great.

How many women are going to look at Fermat's Last Theorem or Twin Prime Conjecture and think "tons of people have failed at proving this, and many experts believe it can't be done... well fuck that shit, I'm going to prove this!" In contrast, men like Wiles and Zhang were not dissuaded.

Unfortunately, PC-feminists will just shriek that this is the result of The Patriarchy oppressing women into being conformist.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Quote: (12-11-2014 08:26 PM)komatiite Wrote:  

Reminds me of the old joke, why don't they teach Men's Studies at college? They do, it's called History...

There's a reason it's called HIS-story.

Joan of Arc is the last woman I know of that made history and that's just because I watched "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure."

Ironically, the most famous women in the history of the world were those queens from the days of the evil patriarchy. Since women have been liberated, they pretty much have just dicked around.

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

Margaret Thatcher - one of the most female leaders in history absolutely hated feminism. It also gives a clue to as to her career and how she actually became the Prime Minister of the UK. She didn't whine about being a victim and privileged white men.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos