rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Maybe Red Pill's not dead in some parts of Hollywood: Angelina Jolie and Sony

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/mov...7151332622

Quote:Quote:

ANOTHER day, another release of embarrassing insider information courtesy of the mammoth Sony Pictures leak. This time, it’s actor, director and humanitarian Angelina Jolie in the crossfire.

Jolie is the topic of conversation in a series of fiery emails between Sony Pictures co-chairperson Amy Pascal and movie producer Scott Rudin, as they debate scheduling issues surrounding the forthcoming Steve Jobs biopic, Jobs.

According to the emails, published on Gawker, it appears the tension started when director David Fincher was tied to the Jobs biopic, rather than Jolie’s upcoming film project, a new retelling of Cleopatra.

“[Jolie] is upset about us giving david jobs. She wants to talk,” Pascal said to Rudin in an email dated February 27 2014.

“She’ll survive it. I don’t want to waste my time on this,” came Rudin’s blunt response.

Later that same day, the pair traded a series of increasingly angry emails about Jolie’s apparent displeasure that acclaimed director Fincher would be unavailable to work on the Cleopatra project.

“YOU BETTER SHUT ANGIE DOWN BEFORE SHE MAKES IT VERY HARD FOR DAVID TO DO JOBS,” Rudin wrote, to which Pascal responded, “Do not f**king threaten me.”

Rudin’s next email was when the knives really started to come out for Jolie, who’d had the Cleopatra biopic lined up as her next film after her stint behind the camera directing the war epic Unbroken.

“Don’t for one second even think about trying this sh*t with me,” Rudin wrote.
“There is no movie of Cleopatra to be made (and how that is a bad thing and rampaging spoiled ego of this woman and the cost of the movie is beyond me) and if you won’t tell her that you do not like the script — which, let me remind you, SHE DOESN’T EITHER — this will just spin even further out in Crazyland but let me tell you I have zero appetite for the indulgence of spoiled brats and I will tell her this myself if you don’t.”

Phew. If you can imagine it, things get even more heated between the two from there.

While Gawker have detailed the pair’s tit-for-tat in full, we’ll save you having to read a lengthy email screaming match between two Hollywood big wigs and instead serve you up this particularly juicy morsel from Rudin, as he outlines his distaste at working on the Cleopatra film

“I’m not remotely interested in presiding over a $180m ego bath that we both know will be the career-defining debacle for us both. I’m not destroying my career over a minimally talented spoiled brat who thought nothing of shoving this off her plate for eighteen months so she could go direct a movie. I have no desire to be making a movie with her, or anybody, that she runs and that we don’t. She’s a camp event and a celebrity and that’s all and the last thing anybody needs is to make a giant bomb with her that any fool could see coming. We will end up being the laughing stock of our industry and we will deserve it, which is so clearly where this is headed that I cannot believe we are still wasting our time with it.”

Ouch.

Sort of want to post both a cheering gif and a wincing gif, the latter being for what's about to happen to this guy's career.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

“YOU BETTER SHUT ANGIE DOWN BEFORE SHE MAKES IT VERY HARD FOR DAVID TO DO JOBS,” Rudin wrote, to which Pascal responded, “Do not f**king threaten me.”

Cocaine, helluva drug

[Image: catdocoke.jpg]

"Me llaman el desaparecido
Que cuando llega ya se ha ido
Volando vengo, volando voy
Deprisa deprisa a rumbo perdido"

The Elizabeth Taylor Cleopatra is possibly one of the most overrated movies ever and its praise mostly came from middle aged women and gay men. If you've ever seen it and have any taste in film you'll agree it's a wet piece of dog shit. It was also a vanity project.

Similar to Taylor, Jolie is looking for a crowning vanity project. She doesn't even have enough originality to propose something else aside from a remake. Studio handlers are right to be worried. Jolie was fucking horrible in Alexander. Can't imagine her in another period piece.

Jesus.
This is why you don't email sensitive information like that. It's too easy to leak.
You make phone calls.

Oh shit man I laughed so hard at that cat picture I choked on my lunch until I threw up a little. Thanks!

Ahhh those funny North Koreans releasing damaging shit in pieces.

To be honest, a strategic person and anyone with some world politics awareness would have known that making fun of Kim Jong-un would have a decent chance of having some bad shit happen. They don't take being made fun of lightly. Test missile firings, anyone? Nuclear weapons, anyone?

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

I thought it was common knowledge that Hollywood executives talk to each other like this when they disagree about something. The film industry is supposedly famous for being a really nasty, cutthroat place to work.

Quote: (12-10-2014 01:18 AM)Carlos100 Wrote:  

I thought it was common knowledge that Hollywood executives talk to each other like this when they disagree about something. The film industry is supposedly famous for being a really nasty, cutthroat place to work.

Agreed, I'm no insider, but this is how powerful people talk behind closed doors in politics and business. Very bluntly.

All the things we wonder about - "do some media execs have Roissy on their RSS feed and then pander to feminists for cash", or "do advertising firms actually try to keep people anxious and unhappy so that they buy more shit?" - the answer is yes, they know exactly what they are doing. So these type of people are "red pill" if you want to use that terminology.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Does anyone have a download link for the full Sony hack?

What an education in Hollywood politics those emails must contain.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

Was just thinking the same thing. ^ I'd love to read more.

Surprised he didn't say anything about the elephant in the room--Jolie being a massive wall-collider.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

The real life of the upper crust is all pretty much Red Pill. I've been to business meetings after corporate retreats and they more resembled Caligula party coupled with RVF banter about women. They did breakfasts after in brothels together with clients.

Hollywood is true talk of course. They are absolutely right about this spoiled Hollywood kid Jolie, who thinks she sucked up world's wisdom due to her UN propaganda engagements and child-shopping around the world.

Pumping 180m into a Hollywood pic that should all appeal to the empowered feminist woman of today. The emails are actually worded very politely.

I’m not destroying my career over a minimally talented spoiled brat who thought nothing of shoving this off her plate for eighteen months so she could go direct a movie. I have no desire to be making a movie with her, or anybody, that she runs and that we don’t. She’s a camp event and a celebrity and that’s all and the last thing anybody needs is to make a giant bomb with her that any fool could see coming. We will end up being the laughing stock of our industry and we will deserve it, which is so clearly where this is headed that I cannot believe we are still wasting our time with it.”

Absolutely love this - most actors don't have the talent, the abilities and intelligence to do directing despite their blown-up egos. She likely wishes to be in the movies in the future without showing her post-wall face.

Seemed relevant:

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Scott Rudin is right.

Hollywood already did a big-budget flop starring an overhyped actress with a monstrous ego playing Cleopatra:

[Image: ddgab9.jpg]
They blew the budget on authentic Egyptian golden dildos

It almost bankrupted 20th Century Fox.

The top grossing films of this year have all been comic book / superhero /sci fi stories, YA novel adaptions, or children's films.

Who wants to see 40-year old Angelina Jolie play Cleopatra? Teens don't care. It won't be kid-friendly. Women won't drag their men along to see it: they like reading about Angelina in celebrity gossip mags; paying money to see her preen, not so much.

This has box office disaster written all over it. The whole thing is just an excuse for her to kidnap more African children.

Scott Rudin not only is powerful (film/theatrical producer) but also gay so he will be a natural asshole with celeb women, be it pre or post wall.

Also the "official" PC bullshit in public is for molding the dim witted masses (most of people on earth) to the right paradigm (global, secular and infantile culture). I think some refer to it as "the cathedral". Behind the scenes it is smear campaigns, honeytraps, assasinations, dirty tactics, espionage, etc... And some harsh real talk...this gay dude sounds like character from deadwood, not broadway!

-Hankk

Quote: (12-09-2014 11:48 PM)Hades Wrote:  

Jesus.
This is why you don't email sensitive information like that. It's too easy to leak.
You make phone calls.

With phone calls there's no paper trail but it's not a stretch to imagine the contents being recorded.
*Insert parallel to the Prism Surveillance Program here*
As long as there's evidence it can be retrieved.

I don't know how many people consciously embrace red pill ideas (a smaller percentage than previous posters think) but when there's money on the line they can't afford to indulge their bullshit. If it will affect them negatively it will not get past them.

Reminds me a lot of bit characters in Ayn Rand books. Not as self-aware as the hero but sometimes they act like it.

If civilization had been left in female hands we would still be living in grass huts. - Camille Paglia

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/10/movies....html?_r=0

"Forget the Oscars. One of the most fearsome competitions in show business involves landing in the right spot on The Hollywood Reporter’s annual ranking of the 100 most powerful women in entertainment. For certain executives, agents and producers, this has become a blood sport."

[Image: akd4.jpg]

"Me llaman el desaparecido
Que cuando llega ya se ha ido
Volando vengo, volando voy
Deprisa deprisa a rumbo perdido"

Quote: (12-10-2014 12:13 PM)Hardy Daytona Wrote:  

Jesus.
You make phone calls.

With phone calls there's no paper trail but it's not a stretch to imagine the contents being recorded.
*Insert parallel to the Prism Surveillance Program here*
As long as there's evidence it can be retrieved.

Never be the low hanging fruit. If something is a hundred times more time consuming/expensive, it really is a different category of risk. I've done audio/video surveillance...at some point somebody actually has to do the work of pinning down a "may be something useful, may be crap". If you don't leave it hanging out there, a lot more shit slides by.

Jesus.
You make phone calls.

That's probably what Donald Stirling thought too, and now he is banned from the NBA for life and lost control of his team which was promptly sold off and he didn't see a penny from it. [Image: banana.gif]

The correct answer is not to get involved in business dealings with crazy pussy. Pussy + Money/Power/Authority is a horrific combo and a catastrophe just waiting to happen, I have see this time and again at work. And I was one of those guys who always thought women should be granted equal rights everywhere, including & especially the workplace. I have never been as wrong about anything else in my life.

"Never speak when you can nod, never nod when you can wink. And NEVER EVER send an email!" - some politician.

Quote: (12-10-2014 04:15 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

The real life of the upper crust is all pretty much Red Pill. I've been to business meetings after corporate retreats and they more resembled Caligula party coupled with RVF banter about women. They did breakfasts after in brothels together with clients.

Hollywood is true talk of course. They are absolutely right about this spoiled Hollywood kid Jolie, who thinks she sucked up world's wisdom due to her UN propaganda engagements and child-shopping around the world.

Pumping 180m into a Hollywood pic that should all appeal to the empowered feminist woman of today. The emails are actually worded very politely.

I’m not destroying my career over a minimally talented spoiled brat who thought nothing of shoving this off her plate for eighteen months so she could go direct a movie. I have no desire to be making a movie with her, or anybody, that she runs and that we don’t. She’s a camp event and a celebrity and that’s all and the last thing anybody needs is to make a giant bomb with her that any fool could see coming. We will end up being the laughing stock of our industry and we will deserve it, which is so clearly where this is headed that I cannot believe we are still wasting our time with it.”

Absolutely love this - most actors don't have the talent, the abilities and intelligence to do directing despite their blown-up egos. She likely wishes to be in the movies in the future without showing her post-wall face.

The only actor I can think of who is as good directing as he is acting is Clint Eastwood. Tom Hanks also does some good work as a producer. There might be one or two others but their names escape me.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
Thomas Jefferson

What is funny is I am watching the special Jolie did on NBC about the movie "Unbroken." I really want to see that movie because I am a WW2 buff. So she is painted in the special as some angel, she is talking about having a purpose, being a better person, etc. Which, of course, is her public persona and this email sheds the reality of it all.

Louis Zamperini apparently at the age of 8, would take a milk bottle, paint it white, and pour wine in it. Sounds like an RVFer. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

No, but seriously, does anyone have a download link for that hack?

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

Quote: (12-10-2014 01:51 PM)DChambers Wrote:  

Quote: (12-10-2014 04:15 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

The only actor I can think of who is as good directing as he is acting is Clint Eastwood. Tom Hanks also does some good work as a producer. There might be one or two others but their names escape me.

Woody Allen, Robert Redford, Ben Affleck I think is a better director than actor (The Town)