rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Autoplay etc - Why? and how to counteract?

I have noticed over the past few months that browsing the web has become significantly more annoying. There seem to be more and more autoplay videos and advertisements that are difficult to shut off and which slow down my computer when I have a bunch of windows open.
So, I have a couple of questions...

1. Why is this happening? My theory is that traditional internet PPC advertising has been giving a low ROI to companies/individuals and become less effective over time, and this force fed in your face capture your ears and eyeballs approach is supposed to reverse that.

2. How can I best block/counteract it?

"Me llaman el desaparecido
Que cuando llega ya se ha ido
Volando vengo, volando voy
Deprisa deprisa a rumbo perdido"

Stop browsing internet. Limit your internet time to maximum one hour per day of trusted quality sites like this forum.

Spend more time with real people. Read good books.

Just another way to force feed advertisement since not many people click ads. Not to mention a lot of people are now using Adblock.

Here's are steps to stop autoplay from automatically playing:
http://digiwonk.wonderhowto.com/how-to/d...r-0139641/

Spend more time doing as you wish, it is your time.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Adblock on chrome works well

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

Adblock Edge (Adblock plus sold out.) Keep your lists up to date and you need never see another web-based ad.

Noscript and DoNotTrackMe help too.

Quote: (12-07-2014 08:11 AM)Mage Wrote:  

Stop browsing internet. Limit your internet time to maximum one hour per day of trusted quality sites like this forum.

Spend more time with real people. Read good books.

Very good advice in general.
The last few days though, I have been spending up to 8 hours a day reading mostly on this forum, but other places as well. So I've noticed just how fucking annoying the autoplay shit is, especially as I've visited a wide variety of sites.
I'm narrowing down the field of options for an upcoming long term move abroad to learn a tonal language and experience Asia.

"Me llaman el desaparecido
Que cuando llega ya se ha ido
Volando vengo, volando voy
Deprisa deprisa a rumbo perdido"

I too noticed this. On facebook and news/social media sites they are a plague but I changed some settings around and limited my time on them significantly.