rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Female Student Vice President Found Med School Easy - Still Retarded

The term "Tech" or "Tech Savvy" in particular has got to go. The ability to push buttons on a consumer electronic device, post something Instagram, perform a search on Google, or read verbatim from Wikipedia does not make one a genius.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry when listening to the audio clip of the interview. (shock and awe begins at :45)

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014/11/...hat-better

Quote:Quote:

Millennial Doctors May Be More Tech-Savvy, But Is That Better?

The University of Texas Southwestern class of 2014 is celebrating graduation. Class vice president Amy Ho has shed her scrubs for heels and a black dress. She says with modern technology, med school really wasn't too hard.

"If you want to do the whole thing by video stream, you can," she says. "I would wake up at 10 a.m., work out for an hour or so, get some lunch and then video stream for 6 hours and then go to happy hour. It actually was not that bad."

Millennial physicians like Ho are taking over hospital wards and doctors' offices, and they're bringing new ideas about life-work balance and new technologies.

One time, a patient asked Ho if it was OK if he recorded her performing a minor surgical procedure.

"He Instagram-videoed the entire procedure," she says. "It's not that a senior physician couldn't do it — I think that they might not have the comfort level."

Victoria Elizabeth Fischer was presented with a white coat by her grandfather, Dr. Christian Van Den Heuvel, at Georgetown University School of Medicine in August. The ceremony marks the start for each new class of medical students.

She means comfort with technology. Millennial doctors want offices that are high-tech. Many have never worked with paper charts and they don't read dusty medical journals — they look at them online.

"We absolutely consult Wikipedia, not the library to find the most up-to-date medical research," she explains.

When young docs meet with patients, it's a safe bet they'll be behind a laptop or at least glancing at their smartphones.

This is a big change from prior generations.

"I think the physician patient relationship has suffered," says Dr. Rick Snyder, a cardiologist from the baby boom generation and past president of the Dallas County Medical Society.

He worries that what's happening with young doctors is like what happened to young soldiers during Vietnam — yes, that's the analogy he used — when fighters became too reliant on technology and lost their dogfighting skills.

"We as physicians, that's our dogfighting skills: talking to a patient, interacting with a patient," he says. "We really are required to spend more time with technology and our computers than we are with a patient."

The old guard, Snyder says, well, they just worked more.

"Your job came first. It was your family life; your personal life was second. You were supposed to sacrifice that. The newer generation, they're more willing to ask the question, 'Well, how much vacation time do I have? How much time do I have with my family?' Where, in my day, that could be a killer," he says. (continued)

[Image: 2bdf7b17717ec92e243ef04e6d9765c8f6058d54...a3e2bb.jpg]

She's a Doctor?!!!! fuck. The only upside is encountering these cunts as consumers as opposed to a coworker or employer.

If she walked into my urgent care room I would say "I want another doctor, I don't feel comfortable discussing my medical issues with a woman"

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Quote: (12-05-2014 12:47 PM)IvanDrago Wrote:  

The University of Texas Southwestern class of 2014 is celebrating graduation. Class vice president Amy Ho has shed her scrubs for heels and a black dress.

[Image: YjzsVJY.gif]

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

The asian woman on the left...

Well this girl might have single-handedly put her school on probation and she didn't cry rape either. I say this as someone who is going to be a health care professional: instagraming surgery? Using wikipedia as your primary source of medical information? Holy crap, people already don't like doctors.

Quote: (12-05-2014 01:41 PM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

She's a Doctor?!!!! fuck. The only upside is encountering these cunts as consumers as opposed to a coworker or employer.

If she walked into my urgent care room I would say "I want another doctor, I don't feel comfortable discussing my medical issues with a woman"

No worries bro. She's "super techy savvy".

Quote: (12-05-2014 01:41 PM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

I do that now all time: No female dentists, doctors, lawyers, or bankers. Women work because they want to, men work because we have to , both parties subconsciously know this and that makes a world of difference.

My health, finances, etc are too important to me to risk my life on a big child who wants to play doctor.

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

These millenials don't understand the importance of bedside manner. Maybe a radiologist can stare at X-rays in a dark room all day. But finding and retaining patients for a private practice, for example, is more than just about knowing your craft.

A dude with Game could make a killing as a doctor or dentist these days.

I'd take a sub par war doctor over any doctor with her "experience"

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

[Image: 10417624_10202585785195269_8578501589407...00-c85.jpg]

I see two Nigerians

Two Asians

One South Asian

One Arabic dude

One dude who could be a regular American.. but looks Eastern European (Dude to his could be African American also).

Shame these people for hacking the system but what is more telling that the new crop of doctors more and more don't have traditional Americans (African-Americans, White Americans) present. That pic is just a random sampling and you still have only two definitive "old stock" Americans. Americans want to go study Farmville and not study medicine these days.

If I see immigrants or first generation kids hustling and hacking things I assume its likely because they found a more efficient way to do it...

No hate from me.

As someone who works in IT 90% of individuals of all ages are not "tech savvy" in the same way that knowing how to drive a car doesn't make one "car savvy". These dinguses wouldn't know how to fix jack shit if it stopped working.

"I can't connect to wifi!"

Turn it off and on dipshit.

Quote:Quote:

"We absolutely consult Wikipedia, not the library to find the most up-to-date medical research," she explains.

[Image: fuck-this-gay-earth-gif.gif]

I was just now talking with friends about how to get top quality medical care for serious issues. Thank YOU IvanDrago, I will now add to the list avoidance of millenial female docs. Unless and until I see objective evidence that said doc is beyond merely competent.

How do you decide where to go/who to trust with your loved one's lives in a crisis? Personal recommendation from a trusted friend who is a doc is all I can come up with.

EDIT Well, things look a little more complex. Google her name and school and you find a couple of posts on in-Training.org, some sort of medical blog. She sounds pretty smart and has some credible answers to her detractors in the comment sections, e.g. Wikipedia is only one tool among many that she uses to refresh on the latest info. In addition to writing 20 articles in the last 5 months on Motley Fool on various medical topics. Still not saying she's a good doctor, but clearly an "intelligent" woman. Agreed her voice is atrocious valley-style in the first part of the audio clip, but it changes 180 degrees to almost normal for the second and third quotes.

-deleted-

There's a very high skill ceiling for "tech savvy", and there's also a very low floor for "tech savvy". My mom is on the "very low" part. She regularly gets pissed off and frustrated trying to use a search engine, write an email, or look up a friend's blog.

These morons are still on the "low" part of the skill ceiling. Wikipedia, Google, Pinterest, Twitter, all that shit is designed to be user friendly. These are the same assholes who buy apple computers because "PC" is "not intuitive", or rather, because they demand companies treat their consumers like retards.

Quote: (12-05-2014 06:02 PM)Hades Wrote:  

There's a very high skill ceiling for "tech savvy", and there's also a very low floor for "tech savvy". My mom is on the "very low" part. She regularly gets pissed off and frustrated trying to use a search engine, write an email, or look up a friend's blog.

These morons are still on the "low" part of the skill ceiling. Wikipedia, Google, Pinterest, Twitter, all that shit is designed to be user friendly. These are the same assholes who buy apple computers because "PC" is "not intuitive", or rather, because they demand companies treat their consumers like retards.

Same reason I will never buy my wife a 'nice car'. You have to clean leather seats, check the oil often on a turbo, be gentle on an automated manual, pay attention to the diff, noises and tire wear in an AWD. A "user friendly" car with a sunroof is where she maxes out unless I want to be a doing maintenance on 2 cars...which I dont.

I am going to come to the defense of this broad because I work in healthcare with patients and I think you guys are being a little too hard on her.

As someone who has their doctorate in a healthcare related field, I will say that I am not surprised to hear that she uses Wikipedia. Patients often consult Wikipedia (or other Google found sources) when they come up to you with a question.

I work in healthcare, I have patients I see, and very often they approach me and say: "So I was looking online about such&such thing and it said this, what is your opinion on such&such?"

I am pretty familiar with most things but any healthcare professional that doesnt have at least a tiny blind spot of knowledge is lying to you. If I am unfamiliar with "such&such" then I generally try to quickly research it in an online medical database. If information cannot be found on "such&such" in a medical database, then I usually go to the source that the patient is referencing. From there I can see what they are reading and also see the sources being cited in Wikipedia.

In less than 30 seconds I can determine if the patients concern about "such&such" is necessary or unnecessary and provide additional feedback to the patient about it. As a healthcare professional, I know what information I need to look for and what is and what is not important.

In the internet age, things have changed in regards to patient-healthcare professional relationship. It's not a bad thing. If you ask a much older healthcare professional their opinion on something relatively new & they do not bother looking it up, they are probably giving you a bullshit opinion on it because it can be extremely difficult to stay up to date on the newest information that is out there. Our educations literally do not end. I am young (28) and some of the information I learned in school is already dated. Just imagine a guy who is over 50 years old, what he was taught, and how things have changed since then.

To be honest, I bet Wikipedia is more up to date on some of the information that is out there than the dozen or so medical texts I have sitting on my bookshelf.

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

In Eastern Europe most of the dentists seem to be women. They do a fine job but when I went to make a second appointment with one, she was on extended leave due to pregnancy. Never again will I see a woman doctor/dentist if I can help it. How about if I had an emergency? Instead of seeing a doctor I trust, I would have to roll the dice on someone I don't know. That's the risk you take when you have a female doctor.

In the chick's defense, using wikipedia is OK in my opinion so long as she is checking the sources for her claims.

If there isn't a citation to a published journal, then she has a problem.

To me what this means is that doctors are becoming less and less relevant compared to technology. A computer like Watson can recall from Wikipedia (or the totality of medical texts) much better than any human can do. With all due respect I think even today a decent computer program with the aid of a nurse (for getting one's pulse, temperature,etc) can do a better job than a typical doctor. (I'm talking about GP's. Researchers, doctors working in emergency units and surgeons are much more difficult to replace with machines.)

Have you thought what is the use of an optometrist? With a little bit of automation optometry can become completely self service.

A whore ain't nothing but a trick to a pimp. (Iceberg Slim)
Beauty is in the erection of the beholder. (duedue)
Grab your life by the pussy.
A better question to ask is "What EXACTLY do I want out of life and what EXACTLY am I doing to get EXACTLY that? If you can answer that question truthfully you will be the most Alpha motherfucker you will ever need to be. (PapayaTapper)

Quote: (12-06-2014 10:34 AM)duedue Wrote:  

To me what this means is that doctors are becoming less and less relevant compared to technology. A computer like Watson can recall from Wikipedia (or the totality of medical texts) much better than any human can do. With all due respect I think even today a decent computer program with the aid of a nurse (for getting one's pulse, temperature,etc) can do a better job than a typical doctor. (I'm talking about GP's. Researchers, doctors working in emergency units and surgeons are much more difficult to replace with machines.)

Have you thought what is the use of an optometrist? With a little bit of automation optometry can become completely self service.

That's extremely expensive. Also, computers & robots cannot exercise critical judgement relevant to each individual patient.

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

Quote: (12-06-2014 10:34 AM)duedue Wrote:  

That would be an awesome dystopia. Just walking into some medical office, swiping a card and saying "Robot, I've been reading up on wikipedia and I'd like eye surgery right now"

Tech-savvy =/= able to easy technological applications designed to be highly accessible by the average person.

There is nothing "tech-savvy" about the average modern day smart-phone user.

A Blackberry user fifteen years ago? Maybe, but not modern tech designed to be manageable even for stupid people.

I'm the King of Beijing!