rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bali Report

Bali Report

Bali has been off my radar since I heard it being described as 'Cancun for Aussies'. A little research prior to my trip indicated there was more to the place so I decided to check it out.

Getting There: If you plan to visit Jakarta, there are frequent flights to Bali with Air Asia. I purchased mine for 70usd. The flight was short and lands in Denpasar (DPS) in Bali. From there, a taxi is needed to the destination of your choice. Many direct flights from other cities also.

Overview: This island is massive and I never felt I was on one during my stay. Amazingly, there are close to 4 million inhabitants with 7 million tourists rolling in annually. Whether youre a backpaper getting by eating beef jerkys, a russian oligarch or on a honeymoon, the island has a spot just for you.

SPECIFICS

Keep in Mind the distances between towns/beach area could easily be a few hours so if you are visiting one spot, you may be fixed there until you move to a new spot

UBUD

Overview-Worth checking this spot if you visit the island. Landlocked in the center and longtime haven for artists, creative talent the place is packed with neat galleries, shops, museums, etc.

Stay-Ubud Inn was 60usd. No complaints.

Do-Monkey forest, blanco museum (a roosh forum kinda guy). I went to a balinese dance and couldn't wait for it to end. Maybe I'm not cultured enough.

Girls-BYOG. I was here 2 nights and realized I was the only person alone.

Nightlife-a few basic bars. Low Key.

KUTA

I got dropped here one afternoon just to say I've been. 30 minutes was enough. The motorbike licensing board of Bali needs to stop issuing permits as I was solicited every minute in addition to offers of girls and drugs. The tourists here are towards the lower rungs in addition to the locals most of whom aren't even Balinese.

SEMINYAK

Moving North from Kuta on the same road, one passes through LEGIAN and then SEMINYAK. Unlike Ubud which is far, one could stay in say Sem and easily take a cab to Kuta and vice versa. As one moves further from Kuta, there is progressive improvement in people, establishments, etc.

Seminyak is the town of choice for expats.

Stay: I booked Mutiara resort through AGODA for 60usd. Good value for money and I would recommend it. Breakfast included with a pool you can lap swim. Well situated although on an unattractive road.

Day: Shopping seems to be the activity of choice in Seminyak. While I wasn't looking to blow any more dough, I did just that as I found a lot of nice stuff at great prices.

KU DE TA BAR: Beachfront Bar that gets a lot of play in the press. I was expecting more than I found and stayed for an overpriced drink and bland calamari before leaving.

ROCK BAR: This is not in Seminyak but located in the ANAYA Resort which used to be a Ritz Carlton. A taxi is necessary. The bar itself is as spectacular as you can imagine. Situated on rocks facing the Indian Ocean, rather surreal. However, more a place for couples and not a pick up spot by any stretch at least when I went. If you're still interested, best to arrive before sunset.

GOLF: If you like to golf, don't leave the island without playing Nirwana Golf Course. They offer sundown rates for 80usd and you can easily fit all 18. Taxi required although right next to Tanah Lot temple one of the most famous sights on the island. The course has been rated 'top 100 outside usa' by golf digest

NIGHTLIFE EXPERIENCE:

The spots in Seminyak are swank and world class. That said, it is quiet during weekdays and you may need to cab it to Legian/Kuta if you are itching for a party. I did just that on a Thursday night when I ended up at SKY GARDEN. I was hesitant heading there given what I saw in Kuta on my brief visit. Walking inside, I was pleasantly surprised. The joint was 4-5 floors each playing different tunes, patio, fire throwers, go go girls. Basically, a full on party. I thought the vibe was amazing. The crowd was a mix of backpackers, locals, pro girls. No dresscode required. When ordering my first drink, there was an Indo girl beside me alone also ordering. I started chatting with her, making this my first approach on the island and resulting in my Indo flag. It was as simple as saying hello. I was pretty suspicious of her working given she was not with anyone although she had more of the girl next door look and was not dressed provocatively. We took things out to the patio where I had a 'proceed with caution' approach. The more I chatted with her, it became clear she wasn't working as everything about her was congruent and legit. She had recently moved to Bali from Java with a gf who couldn't be convinced to go out. Before long, we were making out on the patio and back inside grinding to hip hop. With the humidity, I was sweating like I was competing in the Tour De France. We chilled for a bit longer and she agreed with me to bounce. We got some snacks at a convenience store which we presumably would have to eat somewhere. She took away the usual dilemma of bringing a girl back to the hotel by simply asking me 'what hotel are you staying at' when we hopped into the cab. In my room, we started off in the shower. Short of eating my backside (although she was coming awfully close), the girl did everything and was loved doing it. Solid session we repeated in the morning before heading out for breakfast. She did not offer an iota of resistance at any point in the night.

We planned to meet at the beach in a couple of hours. I had mixed feelings. While not a stunner, she was cute and genuinely nice with a breezy personality. But the dog in me wanted to be alone for this Friday night. I returned to my hotel and realized I gave her my previous # from the Phils. As she was supposed to txt me, I had no way of contacting her and felt terrible she may think I gave her the grease. I was leaving the following day which I did not mention, so could only leave a note with my reception should she try and contact me.

Final Night: Fate decided I would be rolling alone again. I went to HUU NIGHTCLUB in Seminyak. The place is swank being a combined resto-lounge. Dress to impress. Some International DJ was spinning and the place was pretty jumping compared to previous nights which were dead. I reviewed Roosh's rolling solo thread a few nights earlier which was great. I posted up at the bar like a rock and surveyed the scene. My first approach was made easy as some girl grabbed me and pulled me to her crew of friends, one of whom was celebrating her bday. It was an attractive crew and turned out they were visiting from Singapore for the weekend. It explained the general attitude of the girls...similar to home...polite but not warm. Exactly what I was trying to get away from. I offered bday girl a drink but she declined. After talking with a few others, I returned to my post.

There was a primo crew of Indo girls sharing a bottle I then approached. It was made easy as the hottest one met me halfway with a broad smile. Certainly a welcome change from the scowls I am accustomed to from marginally attractive girls at home. The girls were from Java and clearly upper class. Most had travelled all over and conversation was flowing nicely. The girl I approached mentioned they had noticed me already which isn't a bad thing to hear. After chilling for a bit, I moved with them to BACIO nightclub also in Sem...not as nice as Huu although the partier was livelier with expats, tourists and a dash of p4p for good measure. Her friends wanted to bail but wouldn't have her come along, insisting she stay with me. I was getting some mixed signals on the dancefloor. We grabbed a seat in the lounge upstairs where she dropped the 'BF Card' saying she just committed to some Euro dude a few weeks back. She kept mentioning she would be all over me had we met a month prior which I didn't need to hear. I tried my best Psych 101 techniques on her (so do you even know when he is coming back, etc) but she seemed to be holding firm. She felt bad and offered to leave so I could hit on other girls. We chilled some more and got a bite while I was peppering her with Qs on Indonesia and it's women. She volunteered that Indo Women love sex first and foremost. Overall a really cool chick. Would have liked to go out in style but it wasn't in the cards.

Random Indo Observations:

Java vs. Balinesese Girls: Java girls seem hotter, more sophisticated and more likely to sleep around. I would describe the Balinese as 'cute' although they get a few extra points for their outfits. Long time expat describe them as tough nuts to crack. I didn't see them riding on the back of any bikes with tourists as you see all over Asia.

Balinese People: I like their style. They are friendly and polite but not over the top. While they may compete for your dollar aggressively, I never felt like someone would rip me off.

A youngish ex-pat bar owner I friended gave Indo Women the top prize in terms for attitude and looks after bouncing around Asia for more than 10 years. I had no reason to argue with him.

Bali Conclusion: Can't Go Wrong. Something for Everyone.

ASIA SUMMARY

Enjoyed all the spots I hit although only Indo remains on my mind for a place to visit again. Don't think Ill be back in Phils or Malaysia. Would like to hit Jakarta again and perhaps some smaller cities.

While I seem to have a natural affinity for Asian Women, objectively they can't compare with the insanity you see in South America. I don't recall any girls on this trip that stopped me dead in my tracks, which would happen every hour in Brazil. Can't speak for EE never been.

That's all