rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Katowice Poland mini datasheet

Katowice is a second-tier Polish city about 50 miles from Krakow. I was only there for 3 days, but not much has been written about this city on the forum, so I thought I'd send some quick impressions:

THE PROS

The Girls:
Very nice talent here. Not as stylish as Krakow girls, but very feminine, thin and friendly. Roosh's 'Bang Poland' has an accurate breakdown on what Polish girls are like. Foreigners are more uncommon here so the girls are more interested and open to conversation. Your foreign status is an instant DHV and will get your foot in the door no matter what. You just need to open your mouth and talk to them. Bitch shields are low, and rejections are gentle. I had HB8s practically open me (with very strong IOIs) because I looked different. That said, game is still needed, and many of the girls you meet will be in LTRs with Polish guys, so you need to screen.

Mariacka Street:
This is this main strip of bars and restaurants and has a picturesque church on one end and a great vegetarian restaurant (called 'Zloty Osiol' or the 'Golden Donkey') on the other. In between is probably the best logistics for night and day game I've seen.
On summer weekends, everyone just sits outside chilling in the sidewalk cafes and bars. The street is closed to traffic, so you can just walk up and down the street, opening girls. There are some oddball basement bars as well, plus another amazing restaurant called Hurry Curry. The bar KATO seems like a popular one. The area is about 4 blocks long, so very concentrated. Basically, a great place to hang out and meet people.

THE CONS

Industrial Shithole:
Katowice is actually known to be one of the ugliest cities in Poland. It's a mining town that has seen better days, and there is construction everywhere as part of a revitalization program. There is no proper city center so things are kind of spread out. More than once, I found myself trudging through back alley crabgrass wondering where that sewage smell was coming from. And if you are not from the area, people will ask what the hell you are doing there, so have an answer ready.

The Guys:
Guys here are roughneck, alpha and get drunk. The scene is less refined and diluted by tourists than Krakow. A lot of jacked 6 foot guys with shaved heads wearing track suits that will give you the evil eye for hitting on their women. A lot of mate-guarding and fairly aggressive cock-blocking. Nothing violent actually happened to me (and the city in general seems very safe) but you need to be aware of your surroundings, socially-calibrated and know how to handle yourself. If they step to me with some drunken blather, I usually look them straight in the eye, showing no fear, and try to befriend them with a high five or a question. So not an insurmountable obstacle, just something to be aware of. A lot of the girls are very eager to talk to a foreign guy, but have boyfriends lurking around the corner, so be careful.

Nice write up, one question: you said girls opened you because you looked different?you're Asian, black, white, other? I just ask because I've been to Katowice many times and only ever saw 1 black guy, so just curious.

Quote: (09-01-2014 04:44 PM)_Samo_ Wrote:  

Nice write up, one question: you said girls opened you because you looked different?you're Asian, black, white, other? I just ask because I've been to Katowice many times and only ever saw 1 black guy, so just curious.

I'm Asian and peacock a bit (tastefully) so yes, I pretty much peak people's interest/curiosity as soon as I walk into the room. IMO, if you are not white and/or Polish, you will stick out in Katowice and it will be easier to get into interactions. The rest is up to you...as G Manifesto says.

Quote: (09-01-2014 05:08 PM)silviophonic Wrote:  

I'm Asian and peacock a bit (tastefully) so yes, I pretty much peak people's interest/curiosity as soon as I walk into the room. IMO, if you are not white and/or Polish, you will stick out in Katowice and it will be easier to get into interactions. The rest is up to you...as G Manifesto says.

Just guessing here, but based on your mention of bars and such, did you mainly go that route to meet girls or were you daygaming also?

Were you on vacation? Just curious, thanks for the data!

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

True, I get shocked looks when someone hears me speaking English even, I'm white so otherwise I blend in. I get the feeling minorities could have a very good time around this area. Good to see some fresh info on another city rather than the usual standard ones Warsaw, Krakow, Wroclaw etc.

Quote: (09-01-2014 05:11 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Quote: (09-01-2014 05:08 PM)silviophonic Wrote:  

Just guessing here, but based on your mention of bars and such, did you mainly go that route to meet girls or were you daygaming also?

Were you on vacation? Just curious, thanks for the data!

I am one determined mofo, so I did both night and day game.
Even did approaches in restaurants on 2-3 sets inspired by this famous scene from 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN_237kUaXM

Of course, I wasn't as smooth or direct as Bardem, but it's fun and a rush doing this, and the reactions were almost always positive, or at least, polite.

Polish men are absolutely not alpha. They are the most beta pussified men in the Slavic world.

Possibly the lowest male talent in the whole of Europe.

Quote: (09-01-2014 07:40 PM)OnlyMarryInTajikistan Wrote:  

Polish men are absolutely not alpha. They are the most beta pussified men in the Slavic world.

Possibly the lowest male talent in the whole of Europe.

Maybe I mis-used the word 'alpha' in this case. It's true that most of them have no game, but they don't like it when you have game either ; )

And yes, the contrast of talent between Polish women and Polish men is stark: it seems like a nation of sweet, intelligent, pretty, well-put-together women who are forced to mate with goofy meatheads…because that's what available. A shame really. But a good deal for the guys.

…and yes, these are generalizations, but they hold some truth.

Despite being quite passive most of the time, I've also seen Polish guys run "caveman game" every now and then. I think once they have landed a girlfriend they're not afraid of being dominant and leading their women. You guys are right in that many of them are busted though.

Тот, кто не рискует, тот не пьет шампанского

^ EE women generally don't care about looks. Perhaps care is too strong a word; they dont put male looks as a top priority like Western sluts do. Social status and the ability to provide a secure future are more important for them. I've often heard Russian girls say "Why does a man need good looks?" or things along those lines. I'm not saying it's not important to them, just not to the same degree as it is valued in the West, where you have to be an Abercrombie model to even think about approaching some fattie.

Quote: (09-03-2014 10:07 AM)Cunnilinguist Wrote:  

^ EE women generally don't care about looks. Perhaps care is too strong a word; they dont put male looks as a top priority like Western sluts do. Social status and the ability to provide a secure future are more important for them. I've often heard Russian girls say "Why does a man need good looks?" or things along those lines. I'm not saying it's not important to them, just not to the same degree as it is valued in the West, where you have to be an Abercrombie model to even think about approaching some fattie.

Yeah I'd say it's not at the top of their priority list, but EE women are def turned on by style & looks!

Though social status is one thing...it doesn't bother me too much in EE. It's exponentially worse in a place like say...Brazil.

Quote: (08-31-2014 06:50 PM)silviophonic Wrote:  

Katowice is a second-tier Polish city about 50 miles from Krakow. I was only there for 3 days, but not much has been written about this city on the forum, so I thought I'd send some quick impressions:

THE PROS

The Girls:
Very nice talent here. Not as stylish as Krakow girls, but very feminine, thin and friendly. Roosh's 'Bang Poland' has an accurate breakdown on what Polish girls are like. Foreigners are more uncommon here so the girls are more interested and open to conversation. Your foreign status is an instant DHV and will get your foot in the door no matter what. You just need to open your mouth and talk to them. Bitch shields are low, and rejections are gentle. I had HB8s practically open me (with very strong IOIs) because I looked different. That said, game is still needed, and many of the girls you meet will be in LTRs with Polish guys, so you need to screen.

Mariacka Street:
This is this main strip of bars and restaurants and has a picturesque church on one end and a great vegetarian restaurant (called 'Zloty Osiol' or the 'Golden Donkey') on the other. In between is probably the best logistics for night and day game I've seen.
On summer weekends, everyone just sits outside chilling in the sidewalk cafes and bars. The street is closed to traffic, so you can just walk up and down the street, opening girls. There are some oddball basement bars as well, plus another amazing restaurant called Hurry Curry. The bar KATO seems like a popular one. The area is about 4 blocks long, so very concentrated. Basically, a great place to hang out and meet people.

THE CONS

Industrial Shithole:
Katowice is actually known to be one of the ugliest cities in Poland. It's a mining town that has seen better days, and there is construction everywhere as part of a revitalization program. There is no proper city center so things are kind of spread out. More than once, I found myself trudging through back alley crabgrass wondering where that sewage smell was coming from. And if you are not from the area, people will ask what the hell you are doing there, so have an answer ready.

The Guys:
Guys here are roughneck, alpha and get drunk. The scene is less refined and diluted by tourists than Krakow. A lot of jacked 6 foot guys with shaved heads wearing track suits that will give you the evil eye for hitting on their women. A lot of mate-guarding and fairly aggressive cock-blocking. Nothing violent actually happened to me (and the city in general seems very safe) but you need to be aware of your surroundings, socially-calibrated and know how to handle yourself. If they step to me with some drunken blather, I usually look them straight in the eye, showing no fear, and try to befriend them with a high five or a question. So not an insurmountable obstacle, just something to be aware of. A lot of the girls are very eager to talk to a foreign guy, but have boyfriends lurking around the corner, so be careful.

Do you have any advice on lodging?