rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Federal Judge overturns part of Utah's Anti-Polygamy law

"Federal Judge Clark Waddoups in December struck the section of Utah’s bigamy statute that can be applied when someone "cohabits with another person" to whom they are not legally married. Utah law made such a union a felony punishable by up to five years in prison. Waddoups said the ban violated the First and 14th amendments to the Constitution.

Waddoups let stand the portion of the statute that prevents someone from having more than one active marriage license."
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/583446...g.html.csp

This was always coming, how can they prohibit you from living with anyone you aren't married to?

It is smart to not be marrying 5 different girls of course. If these were legal marriages, imagine Mormon divorce rape...

I once met a polygamist who was connected with a splinter Latter-day group (not the main church) and asked him how he does it. He said that they just form private contracts acknowledge only by the church and the women will never say anything to an outsider. What does a marriage license issued by a government mean anyway?

Rico... Sauve....

Quote: (08-29-2014 04:16 PM)Sherman Wrote:  

I once met a polygamist who was connected with a splinter Latter-day group (not the main church) and asked him how he does it. He said that they just form private contracts acknowledge only by the church and the women will never say anything to an outsider. What does a marriage license issued by a government mean anyway?

whoa, this actually happens? I've been advocating this for any marriage...as in what matters more? god or man's law...especially when the tax benefits of not being married/ single mom on paper are awesome.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Samr sex can get married too even though they cant produce offsprings.

Whats wrong with just living with another human being you love?

I wonder why polygamists haven't been attention whoring as much for the rest of society to accept their lifestyle as a certain other group that has been making rapid advances on this issue.

Quote: (08-30-2014 12:57 AM)Wutang Wrote:  

I wonder why polygamists haven't been attention whoring as much for the rest of society to accept their lifestyle as a certain other group that has been making rapid advances on this issue.

They do it because it's what they want and they enjoy it. Not because they want a pat on the back for doing it.

Dude's probably two busy banging out his wives in a threesome everyday to be bragging to all and sundry about it.

[Image: wink.gif]

Wald

About damn time. FREEDOM!!

Quote: (08-30-2014 10:13 PM)Walderschmidt Wrote:  

Quote: (08-30-2014 12:57 AM)Wutang Wrote:  

They do it because it's what they want and they enjoy it. Not because they want a pat on the back for doing it.

Dude's probably two busy banging out his wives in a threesome everyday to be bragging to all and sundry about it.

[Image: wink.gif]

Wald

The polygamist I met was from West Virginia. He had a high sexual appetite and he was definitely an alpha male. But the main purpose of polygamy seemed to be to have a lot of children. He said that in their religion, you need children to get into a leadership position, and I think there is also some advantage in the afterlife.

Rico... Sauve....

Quote: (08-31-2014 12:39 PM)Sherman Wrote:  

The polygamist I met was from West Virginia. He had a high sexual appetite and he was definitely an alpha male. But the main purpose of polygamy seemed to be to have a lot of children. He said that in their religion, you need children to get into a leadership position, and I think there is also some advantage in the afterlife.

Then the rest is just collateral goodness [Image: wink.gif]

Wald