rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Being a Man

Being a Man

There is A LOT of talk about how corrupted American women are nowadays, how they don't act like women and instead pretend to be men with female parts.

Truth is, men have become really feminized and we may be even MORE confused about what our gender role is than women.

Quoting Fight Club:

"We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created."

If women are supposed to be submissive, feminine, warm, nurturing, etc., what are men supposed to be? Since going out and literally defending the village and catching a wild boar aren't really applicable, where do we go from here? What should the modern man look like?

Edit: This conversation will be better if we avoid saying alpha/beta.

Being a Man

Well, society went through a radical change in the 60s that was good in one sense (civil rights, progress towards less racism) but also bad in others (taking this new open-minded view towards society to every strata of society).

For the most part I doubt there were as many social problems within families in the 50s as there are today. What's happened today is a social breakdown of the traditional family, and with it, traditional male-female roles.

Before, the male was the traditional breadwinner of the family, and with the 60s and feminism, that role slowly went away as more women entered the work force and started competing with the men.

For some women, there is a lot less pressure now to conform to society (though many of them now conform to another image thrust upon them by society). Basically, there has been a breakdown of society without a goal in sight. The only goal was "freedom for women."

Yet, this breakdown did not have a "constructive plan" prepared. The hippies in the 60s just wanted to start things fresh, yet they took the approach of just breaking whatever doesn't work, and hoping to fix it with something better, yet they didn't know what (which is why you have women trying to act like men now).

So that's why we're in this pickle today. We shattered the past, but we didn't prepare for the results. We've become depraved individuals living depraved lives, and living for the moment (which some would argue isn't a bad thing).

So to get back to the question, the Modern Man, in my opinion, who wants to find that traditional type of wife/girlfriend who is sensual, feminine, warm, etc. should find exactly that, and act as the traditional man that this type of woman seeks in return.

Being a Man

Speak for yourself, me and my hawk just killed a rabbit that I already ate ; ) Once I get a golden eagle we're going after wild boar.

Being a Man

Quote: (03-10-2011 04:14 PM)gringoed Wrote:  

Since going out and literally defending the village and catching a wild boar aren't really applicable, where do we go from here?

This is a nice thread. Me and some people were just talking about something like this.

I go up the mountains and run black pigs down with dogs, then I grab them and cut their throats. I also catch a lot of big fish.

Not too long ago, I pulled a huge ono (aka wahoo) out of the water from a jet ski. Some girls that work at the harbor were hanging out after they got off when my friend and I came in. Three of them walked over to see the fish and we started chatting them up. We told them we were going to get beers and take it home and grill and sashimi it. They followed us.

Now these are snotty ass American girls from let's just say California (that's where they're all from) with all the attitude and entitlement and whatnot running through their brains. When I was cutting the thing I must have hit it's heart and blood popped all over me. The girls all cringed and said "eww."

After we ate, I asked the best looking (and thinnest) girl to come help me wash the blood off myself. We got to my bedroom and I grabbed her by the ass and stopped her. She turned around kissed me a little then went right to her knees and sucked my dick till I was hard. After I fucked her for about 12 minutes I just said "I'm done with this, finish me off" and she went right back to her knees and sucked every drop out of me.

Now of course, I can go to bars and use quippy little pick up lines and ask girls their opinions about crap. Then I can talk about my feelings or whatever until I get laid. However, the days when I slide a 20 foot left or break a pigs spine seem to be the days the women just come to me. These are the days when I get a look from a girl and can treat it like some guy's looking at me that wants scrap. The best pick up line (besides "you like burn") I've found is just a warrior faced "what the fuck are looking at?"

Again, I like the thread and hope my bullshit makes sense. I'm not deep like Gringoed, so I hope I didn't dumb this one down.

Aloha!

Being a Man

Quote: (03-10-2011 08:36 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Since going out and literally defending the village and catching a wild boar aren't really applicable, where do we go from here?

This is a nice thread. Me and some people were just talking about something like this.

I go up the mountains and run black pigs down with dogs, then I grab them and cut their throats. I also catch a lot of big fish.

Not too long ago, I pulled a huge ono (aka wahoo) out of the water from a jet ski. Some girls that work at the harbor were hanging out after they got off when my friend and I came in. Three of them walked over to see the fish and we started chatting them up. We told them we were going to get beers and take it home and grill and sashimi it. They followed us.

Now these are snotty ass American girls from let's just say California (that's where they're all from) with all the attitude and entitlement and whatnot running through their brains. When I was cutting the thing I must have hit it's heart and blood popped all over me. The girls all cringed and said "eww."

After we ate, I asked the best looking (and thinnest) girl to come help me wash the blood off myself. We got to my bedroom and I grabbed her by the ass and stopped her. She turned around kissed me a little then went right to her knees and sucked my dick till I was hard. After I fucked her for about 12 minutes I just said "I'm done with this, finish me off" and she went right back to her knees and sucked every drop out of me.

Now of course, I can go to bars and use quippy little pick up lines and ask girls their opinions about crap. Then I can talk about my feelings or whatever until I get laid. However, the days when I slide a 20 foot left or break a pigs spine seem to be the days the women just come to me. These are the days when I get a look from a girl and can treat it like some guy's looking at me that wants scrap. The best pick up line (besides "you like burn") I've found is just a warrior faced "what the fuck are looking at?"

Again, I like the thread and hope my bullshit makes sense. I'm not deep like Gringoed, so I hope I didn't dumb this one down.

Aloha!

I definitely feel you bro

Nothing turns a girl on more than her seeing you in action being a real man. Whether thats fighting, protecting her from something, playing a rough sport, doing something dangerous that she is scared to do.....whatever.

I can remember once when I went to a club with this girl that Im dating, and I swear the thing that sealed the deal for me was when we were both just chilling and talking and some wild, thought he was hard motherfucker just started crowding her our space and I physically took my arm and and backed his ass out the way from almost bumping into her. It was just me and her and like 4 of them....she looked at me like I was a Greek God after that. We fucked shortly after.

You can do all the "gaming" you want and try to hypnotize some bitch into liking you. But there is nothing better than when a girl KNOWS you are a REAL man and she feels this primal attraction to you because of it.

Being a Man

Quote: (03-10-2011 08:01 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

Speak for yourself, me and my hawk just killed a rabbit that I already ate ; ) Once I get a golden eagle we're going after wild boar.

If I read that right. I'd be pretty pissed off if I was the hawk. [Image: banana.gif]

But seriously. I think being a man/mature/alpha is knowing yourself and knowing how to behave properly in situations. Socially navigate adeptly balancing being gracious and firm.

Yes, there have been observations that in the 60's we had the Marlboro man while now we have Seth Rogen and other man-children. feminization blah blah blah.

However, I find a lot of guys while trying to find the sweet spot will overcompensate with machismo. Trying to show off to the world that they're a "man's man". Grunt in the gym. Push aside old ladies in convenience stores.

Sure that behavior might attract that one girl out of the crowd but in general I think in the long run it's detrimental. Just being comfortable with who you are is probably best. You can be suave charming and a little effeminate or cave man like jock. As long as you chase after what you want with no apologies you're ok in my book.

Almost every guy will have a female niche.

Being a Man

Good post. I agree that men need to take responsibility in this equation. We're not wrong for blasting these she-beasts for infecting our pool. But we must do OUR part to change things. Be masculine enough (I didn't say arrogant) to offer the opposite sex the insintive to be feminine.

Roosh touched base on this too; if you're not doing anything proactive to put the cockblockers, hags, and falsely entitled she-men in check, then you're supporting them. Directly or indirectly.

Being a Man

Quote: (03-11-2011 12:33 AM)AJ Wrote:  

If I read that right. I'd be pretty pissed off if I was the hawk. [Image: banana.gif]

But seriously. I think being a man/mature/alpha is knowing yourself and knowing how to behave properly in situations. Socially navigate adeptly balancing being gracious and firm.

Yes, there have been observations that in the 60's we had the Marlboro man while now we have Seth Rogen and other man-children. feminization blah blah blah.

However, I find a lot of guys while trying to find the sweet spot will overcompensate with machismo. Trying to show off to the world that they're a "man's man". Grunt in the gym. Push aside old ladies in convenience stores.

Sure that behavior might attract that one girl out of the crowd but in general I think in the long run it's detrimental. Just being comfortable with who you are is probably best. You can be suave charming and a little effeminate or cave man like jock. As long as you chase after what you want with no apologies you're ok in my book.

Not too worry, he had his fill. You can still see bits of rabbit on his beak.

Being a Man

Kerouac- In your opinion, how is the "traditional man" supposed to act today?

Kona- Good stories, I've also noticed that when I feel like I'm acting like a real primal man, the women are very intrigued. However, for most of us especially city dwellers, breaking a pigs spine is not something that we do every day. The definition of a 'real man' has to evolve past fishermen and lumberjacks since we're in a new age. I think part of the problem may be that men don't feel like men unless we're out hunting or something, which in turns is lowering our self esteem, affecting our self image, and feminizing our behavior. When we think of a 'real man' we think of John Wayne and Paul Bunyan. Blame Hollywood or whatever, but we don't have a prototypical image of what the modern real man should look like.

AJ- "As long as you chase after what you want with no apologies you're ok in my book."
I'd have to agree with this.

Here are some qualities that I think the modern real man should have:
-Being who you are, doing what you do without apologies. Always exercising will without reservations, with a clear sense of identity.
-A passionate pursuit of a project or cause
-Self-supporting both financially and emotionally
-Seduces women without using "material"
-Handy, learned, and worldly

Thoughts?

Being a Man

Quote: (03-11-2011 03:05 AM)Fisto Wrote:  

Quote: (03-11-2011 12:33 AM)AJ Wrote:  

Not too worry, he had his fill. You can still see bits of rabbit on his beak.

Haha that's so random but so cool.

Honestly the only people I can imagine having a pet hawk are a homeless man, kazahk nomad, homer simpson.

I feel like I have to one up you by training a komodo dragon to open beer cans or something.

Being a Man

Fisto, that was a quick turnaround. You procured a hawk that fast? Was he pre-trained? Interesting stuff.

Kona - good story. If guys would take that kind of initiative more, they'd get laid much more than most do.

Being a Man

Quote: (03-11-2011 05:21 PM)hydrogonian Wrote:  

Fisto, that was a quick turnaround. You procured a hawk that fast? Was he pre-trained? Interesting stuff.

Kona - good story. If guys would take that kind of initiative more, they'd get laid much more than most do.

No no, same one, I was just joking since the op was saying those types of things arent practical or whatever. Then I didnt want ole boy to feel bad for Ghandi.

Being a Man

Quote: (03-10-2011 11:01 PM)theIVth Wrote:  

Nothing turns a girl on more than her seeing you in action being a real man. Whether thats fighting, protecting her from something, playing a rough sport, doing something dangerous that she is scared to do.....whatever.

I can remember once when I went to a club with this girl that Im dating, and I swear the thing that sealed the deal for me was when we were both just chilling and talking and some wild, thought he was hard motherfucker just started crowding her our space and I physically took my arm and and backed his ass out the way from almost bumping into her. It was just me and her and like 4 of them....she looked at me like I was a Greek God after that. We fucked shortly after.

I agree with all of this 150%.

I'm always on the look-out for opportunities to feel like and be manly. That's not to be confused with opportunities to look manly. The latter comes naturally when you seek the former.

I've had to confront dumb-asses and douchebags with chicks around several times--not because it would make me look good, but because the smackdown had to be put down by someone, and I was the man to do it.

One time, I open-hand slapped some roided-out douchebag hard across his forearm on a dancefloor in Mexico because he was encroaching on a group of girls I was chilling and dancing with--including the girl I was technically "with" that night (my target). He reached over to one of my girls and I didn't say fuckin' shit to him. I just slapped first and asked questions later. That shit cracked loud enough that you heard it over the live Latin music.

Naturally, the dude balled a fist and got ready, but I gave him the courage-wolf look in a way that he quickly un-balled it. Now, I'm not an especially imposing figure, but he must have instinctively known I meant business--because I did. Later that night, I was getting inappropriate affection and praise from the rest of girls in front of "my" girl, which naturally improved my case with the target. Nobody said fucking shit about what happened on the dancefloor, but it was understood.

Lesson learned: Be a real man, not a douche.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Being a Man

Like a lot of guys in here, and unlike others, I didn't grow up a natural so I've spent a lot of time figuring out what perspective fits with my reality and who I want to be the most.

I adhere to this school:

A man is a male in touch with all the masculine sides of himself. He is in touch with his sexual, instinctual side (if that's a word) - illustrated by Kona's story of danger, arousal, dominance and sexual energy.

In our society, he is also a man with character - he can master his emotions and instincts when he so chooses. He can make the right choices and do the right thing inspite of fear or weak boundaries - like confronting a group of dick-heads the IVths story.

Further, the three rules of attraction:

Protector of women and children, pre-selection by other women, leader of men.

My two cents.

Being a Man

Quote: (03-13-2011 05:55 PM)Invictus Wrote:  

Like a lot of guys in here, and unlike others, I didn't grow up a natural so I've spent a lot of time figuring out what perspective fits with my reality and who I want to be the most.

I adhere to this school:

A man is a male in touch with all the masculine sides of himself. He is in touch with his sexual, instinctual side (if that's a word) - illustrated by Kona's story of danger, arousal, dominance and sexual energy.

In our society, he is also a man with character - he can master his emotions and instincts when he so chooses. He can make the right choices and do the right thing inspite of fear or weak boundaries - like confronting a group of dick-heads the IVths story.

Further, the three rules of attraction:

Protector of women and children, pre-selection by other women, leader of men.

My two cents.

Hmmm,you guys have just explained why Jap/Brit/Italian/Swiss/American female tourists,who're invariably HARDCORE Swinemites back home jump out of their knickers when confronted with the Maasaai dancers. These guys are the epitome of no have game guys yet milfs,newly weds,singletons and divorcees throw themselves at these guys who can't even say 'bitch leave' in English.
Sometimes there's too much emphasis on the outer aspects of game.

Being a Man

I recommend boxing or some other form of hand to hand combat. I'm talking about actual sparring. Just hitting the bags and shadow boxing is not enough. You have to get into a situation where some other guy is really trying to kick your ass. Nothing makes you feel alive like when you get into that "fight or flight" situation. I think they talk about this in the movie "The Fight Club".

This is a great way to discover or channel your inner alpha. You might surprise yourself. I've seen guys that look like pussys get in the ring and show alot heart and toughness. And on the other hand I've seen tough looking guys get exposed as cowards.

You never know until you get into that type of situation.

Fight somebody bigger and badder then you and tell him not to go easy on you. You gotta feel like your fighting for your life. You want your raw survival instincts to kick in. You will leave the gym feeling more manly and even the way you carry yourself and talk will change.

Being a Man

This is why women always fcuk bad boys. Always. All the ex-cons I know, never have an iota of a problem getting hoes, ever.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Being a Man

Giovanny,

"Fight somebody bigger and badder then you and tell him not to go easy on you."

Ha. I agree, but you are going to get a bunch of skinny hipster/lifestyle designers in the ring an get their faces rearranged with that comment.

First, train for at minimum a year or two.

Otherwise you are going to get one-two'ed and out in like 20 seconds.

Being a Man

There is A LOT of talk about how corrupted American women are nowadays, how they don't act like women and instead pretend to be men with female parts.

It's not only in the USA but also in Western Europe. It's ridicilous, only thing you can do is put them back in place with some punchlines.

I'm not completely against feminism but it feels sometimes like if they don't want us to be men anymore, want us to buy strapon dildos in order to maintain their feminist attitudes and thoughts.

Being a Man

Where do we go from here?

I went to the jungle. The women are still women here, and the men are men.

The living is tough, but it really comes down to what you value in life.

Being a Man

I have to admit, I struggle with all of these rules because I cannot get away from looking out for self first. Frankly, I don't agree with everything being on the man to attract and swoon the woman. On top of that, nobody has seemed to CLEARLY state WHY SHOULD that be the case. The usual answer is "because it was always that way". Well, my mathematical, analytical and scientific mindset always want EXACT answers so I continue to challenge these "rules" until I can get some practical reasons why.

Having said all of that, I do not conform to the "real man's" way of things because there is not enough "risk" put on the woman. Therefore, I "swoon" only so much, support only so much and in practical terms only pay for so much. I am BIG on the joint-effort thing.

Being a Man

Last weekend I busted up my face in a sporting accident, and now I have big scabs all over my nose. Ugly, right?

Definitely not pretty, but who would have guessed that it would double my effectiveness with the ladies and as a businessman?

I was even considering taking a break from picking up until it healed. Silly me!

The amount of eye contact + smiles from girls that I've received since this happened has at least doubled, and in general I've noticed people give me a lot more respect and I'm generally more effective in getting my way when dealing with people in person.

I posted this story in here because I think a lot of people assume that I got in a fist fight, or did something else very manly to give me these major scabs.

Unexpected, and interesting.