rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ethiopia (intro thread)

Ethiopia (intro thread)

Hey guys. Found this place through another forum. I travel extensively for work, and had a hard time finding travel advice for the young single man who has it going on. Glad I found this place. I would like to begin by giving my report on Ethiopia, a country that I recently returned from. I first posted this report on another forum, and will copy and paste it here.

Glad to be here and look forward to sharing ideas about women and travel. Here it is:

Quote:Quote:

I am back from almost 6 weeks of working in Ethiopia, and would like to give everyone a short breakdown of my experiences. First off, I am convinced that Ethiopia has arguably some of the most beautiful women in the world with the exception of South American women. I've always had a proclivity for black women, so my opinion may be skewed a bit. Nonetheless, Ethiopian women's facial bone structure and skin/muscle tone are tops in my book.

We finished two radio stations in Robe and Mekele while we were there and topped out two towers, 600 and 200 feet respectively. Out of the 45 days I was there, I worked all but two days (not counting travel days) so my opportunities to meet women were few and far between. But I made the most of it!

Our first night in the capital of Addis Ababa was spent at a small cafe/bar close to the hotel. I was with two co-workers, one of whom is my best friend (and a natural) and is a great wingman. It was apparent immediately that Ethiopian women were very friendly and easily approachable. As we were sitting outside, I decided to try and see what kind of responses I got from these women. This is the tried and true opener I used:

"Hello."

I know. It's a very complicated opener. But let's not get hung up on the mechanics here. So two women walk by, very hot, and I said "Hello." I could have used “Salaam” instead of Hello, but wtf do I care about speaking Amharic? At any rate, they stopped and said hello and came over to the table. So we chatted for a little bit, and everyone was drinking and having a good time. I escalated the kino very, very quickly, and received positive feedback immediately. These two women spoke fairly good English, but it became quickly apparent that they didn’t really understand my c/f. Didn't matter.

Within 10 minutes, I had the one sitting on my lap so I broke out my camera. Now remember that although Addis has 3.2 million and is the capital, many here are still very intrigued by the technology that we take for granted. Not everyone has a digital camera. So we started taking some pictures and what not.

Long story short, we left them and went back to the hotel to get ready for work the following day. I was going to stick to my plan of not poking any poonani whilst in Ethiopia. But another guy went out and piled up a hooker for 500 Birr ($50). Considering the guy, I wasn't surprised to discover that fact the next morning. Overall, it was a fun night and I realized that a guy could do very well here if he weren't worried about AIDS or any of the other numerous communicable diseases.

The next day, we left for Robe. My first three weeks were spent working in Robe, which was a fairly small town of maybe a few thousand and we stayed the evenings in Goba. We were pretty much isolated. There was a cute girl named Medici that worked in the "restaurant/bar" of "hotel" (quotes used to denote that I use these terms VERY loosely). I flirted with her a lot, though she couldn't speak very good English so most of it was lost on her. But it was more of a way for me just to relax and flirt with a cute girl in the evenings.

We left Robe and went back to Addis Ababa. My good buddy/coworker and I went out to this bar called The Mask and it was this really small dark bar close to the hotel. I thought the bartender was decent, and chatted her up a bit. She only spoke broken English, so the flirting was mainly through body language and kino. Got her number (we had a cell while we were there) and left a little later on.

So she calls the next day on our day off and says she's going to stop by the hotel around midnight. So we're chilling in the hotel room and she shows up with her sister, who is super fugly. Since my buddy has a girlfriend of 8 years, he distracts the sister for me and they take us to this underground-type jazz lounge where they had cabaret dancers and sh1t. Crazy scene. Anyway, we take a table in the corner and I escalated pretty heavily with the kino and began to make out very quickly. Had a few Cokes and went back to my hotel at three in the morning, where the lady at the desk wanted to charge me for an extra room if I wanted to bring Merske up to the room. I didn’t think my employer would like that, so I paid for her taxi and she hit the bricks.

The next day we had to drive to Nazret to pick up some tools that we had to ship to our next job. When we got back to Addis, Merske (from the night before) calls me and we make plans to meet up. I wanted to pick up some baskets and carvings, so we met up and she showed me around. Next thing I know, our company driver while we were over there explains to me that she wants to take me to her house to MEET HER FAMILY! At first I was thinking, “**** that!” but then decided it wouldn’t be that bad. Ethiopians always invite people over to their houses for coffee ceremonies, and their coffee is chronic, so I accepted. Went to her mom’s house, had some chronic coffee made traditionally, chatted up her brother (who spoke flawless English, which was a huge relief), then left with Merske for dinner and touchie-touchie.

Dinner was great (had the Kitfo) and kissed on her some more. I had to catch a flight from Addis to Mekele early the next morning, so I said my goodbye’s to her and went back to the hotel. I could have EASILY banged her, but had already decided before leaving the States that I wasn’t going to risk it, no matter who the woman was.

Some observations:

- C0ckblockers do not exist over there. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. At least once or twice per day, I would have a local guy, or a local worker that worked for us (even some of the Ethiopian engineers!), proposition me to fvck their sister(s) or some girl they knew. And they were BEAUTIFUL. One guy, who was sterile, wanted my buddy to knock up his wife for him. (“Will you give seed to my wife?”)

- Men must be the aggressors. Women will not approach or initiate AT ALL. However, a simple hello on the guy’s part will suffice to initiate an interaction.

- $1 = 10 Birr. When I paid our tab at the end of the night (Merske and I), food and bevs added up to 150 Birr. That was for two dinners, her three Johnny Walker Black’s, and my three Cokes. Considering that our Ethiopian workers over there were making 15 Birr a day, I looked like Donald Trump when I went out (attracting all the gold diggers). If you’re skin is white, they think you’re rich (which, relatively speaking, you are).

- Body language and effective kino strategies transcend ALL LANGUAGES. This chick didn’t speak a lick of English, but it didn’t matter. It was more about HOW I said something rather than WHAT I said. Of course this insight is nothing new. Just a reminder. I had some good laughs a couple of times. When I knew a girl did not speak English, I would ask her “So, would you like me to place my balls in your mouth?” or something like that. Good times.

- I fell in love probably about 10 times per day. The women are GORGEOUS imo.

- Religion is very serious business, with about 80% of the country being Orthodox Christian. These aren’t fair-weather Christians. They are strongly devout, and most women are looking for marriage/children. Blech.

I could go on for days about my trip. It’s one thing to go to a place like Ethiopia and hire a safari driver to show you the sights, only to leave after a week. But it’s an entirely different thing to live and work with these people for an extended period of time. They are very proud people, despite their poverty. Unless you have seen it with your own eyes, smelled the air with your own nose, or touched the people with your own hands, you may never understand. In the smaller towns, you have the smell of death mixed with rotting horses/dogs/people in the streets combined with burning trash. It was some of the craziest sh1t I have EVER experienced in my life. My perspective on life is significantly altered.

However, it looks as if we have to return there in a few months to finish two other jobs. One of them is out in the fvcking bush, no sh1t. It’s going to suck, to be honest. But the upside is that I head to Hawaii for a month this September for work, then Mexico in October, back to Ethiopia in January, and then Lesotho in southern Africa after that.

Fortune favors the bold.

Ethiopia (intro thread)

I have a friend who started a pretty cool organization that works with subsistence farmers in Kenya. I have a standing offer from him to come over there and visit just about any time and definitely plan to take him up on it sometime. But, sad to say, as far as women go, the AIDS thing would definitely freak me out.

I went to Cape Town, South Africa about 10 years ago. Amazingly beautiful scenery (and I actually mean the scenery, not the women -- as a rather dorky teenager at the time I'd have been the wrong person to judge). If you go there don't miss the Cape of Good Hope. However, from what I've heard from South Africans in the US, they don't recommend going back there these days -- they say it's just too dangerous. Don't know if that's true or if they're exaggerating.

Ethiopia (intro thread)

Quote: (08-17-2008 06:38 PM)zorgon Wrote:  

I have a friend who started a pretty cool organization that works with subsistence farmers in Kenya. I have a standing offer from him to come over there and visit just about any time and definitely plan to take him up on it sometime. But, sad to say, as far as women go, the AIDS thing would definitely freak me out.

I went to Cape Town, South Africa about 10 years ago. Amazingly beautiful scenery (and I actually mean the scenery, not the women -- as a rather dorky teenager at the time I'd have been the wrong person to judge). If you go there don't miss the Cape of Good Hope. However, from what I've heard from South Africans in the US, they don't recommend going back there these days -- they say it's just too dangerous. Don't know if that's true or if they're exaggerating.

Yo Zorgon. The Kenyans definitely have a different look: more rounder faces. When the Italians were in Ethiopia after the war, they sowed their seeds there quite extensively. The result is staggering.

Regarding S. Africa, I will going to Lesotho next winter some time after I go back to Ethiopia. I hear that Cape Town is good, but was told to stay out of Johannesburg. This came straight from the mouth of a SA engineer we worked with. I think the common misconception is that all African women look alike, which is clearly not the case. Nigerians, Kenyans, and Sudanese women are not to my liking. But then you get over to Eritrea, and you have some really solid dimes.

Plus, you can live like a king over there. It's fantastic.

Fortune favors the bold.

Ethiopia (intro thread)

Enjoyable read. I really liked all the details. How strong is the AIDS problem among the middle and upper class there? I would never go unprotected but i have a feeling it's like the U.S. where it primarily affects people of low socioeconomic status.

In DC there are tons of Ethiopians with a few block radius, alongside ethiopian shops and restaurants. They are usually not FOB so not obviously easier than white girls, but I do agree that their face and bone structure and slim bodies sets them apart from other African women.

C0ckblockers do not exist over there.

I noticed this too. Cockblocking is a bad Western habit...

http://www.rooshv.com/2008/argentine-gir...l-thoughts

4. There is no cockblocking here from the girlfriends. I’m convinced cockblocking is a cultural phenomenon.

Ethiopia (intro thread)

X-factor, thanks for this review. I agree with you, Ethiopian women are the most beautiful women in Africa without a doubt and amongst the most beautiful in the world. I'm not gay but even the dudes from there are typically good looking dudes. I've met Ethiopian women that are real stunners. I think the women from Somalia are cut from the same fabric too.

Ethiopia (intro thread)

Good report.

" It was apparent immediately that Ethiopian women were very friendly and easily approachable"

The ones here in DC, fall into 2 categories
- Fresh off the Boat - beautiful, traditional, but stick to their own
- Grew up Here - unapproachable unless they're in mixed company

If they were easy to approach here, I would have married 5 or 6 waitresses that this point. (fine and she can cook? sign me up)

Ethiopia (intro thread)

Quote: (08-17-2008 11:05 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Enjoyable read. I really liked all the details. How strong is the AIDS problem among the middle and upper class there? I would never go unprotected but i have a feeling it's like the U.S. where it primarily affects people of low socioeconomic status.

I can't really say for certain, but as with most things, I suspect that socioeconomic status plays a large role. If I were to hazard a guess, I would say that the rates among middle and upper class women would be lower.

I couldn't stand it. I wanted to bone every one of them. When I go back, I'm going to dip my wick in the Ethiopian honey pot for sure. Although I don't really believe in marriage, I would marry one of these women.

I have also heard that there is a big Ethiopian community in DC and that they are very clannish. I guess there are a bunch in Minneapolis too. The food is kind of shwag, though. At any rate, I'm glad you all enjoyed the report.

Peace.

Fortune favors the bold.

Ethiopia (intro thread)

Great thread,

I have met some beautiful Etho and Somalian women in DC but they are very hard to bang if your not in their circle. The only way to combat this is to go to Canada and meet them there. I've been with a couple Ethos and Somalis from Canada, they are beautiful and are nothing like the ones in DC.

Ethiopia (intro thread)

Quote: (08-25-2008 10:33 AM)Thegrimytraveler Wrote:  

Great thread,

I have met some beautiful Etho and Somalian women in DC but they are very hard to bang if your not in their circle. The only way to combat this is to go to Canada and meet them there. I've been with a couple Ethos and Somalis from Canada, they are beautiful and are nothing like the ones in DC.

Yea the Ethiopian guys protect the girls pretty good and will do a blatant cockblock if needed. And its better to approach the females when they are alone and not in packs if you aren't Etho.

Ethiopia (intro thread)

there is a sizeable ethipian contingent in adams morgan/columbia heights. they mostly hand out at mezes, felix, rhumba cafe, and left bank. yes, ethiopian women can be striking. yes, they're clannish. the food tastes great (meskerem is a good restaurant) but you will pay for it later in the bathroom.

Ethiopia (intro thread)

Sorry, but your paranoia about HIV is silly and kind of ignorant, you should check figures before assuming things just because it's Africa, the HIV rate in Ethiopia is 2.1%, which is VERY low for Africa, relatively speaking. The places in Africa that give it a reputation for AIDS have rates in the 25-50% range. The HIV rate in the U.S. is 0.6% for reference. If you'll go to the page at the bottom of this post (this is where I got that 2.1% figure, the CIA World Factbook, I use it for research on various countries all the time it's awesome), you can compare the AIDS/HIV rates of every country, and if you'll look at other countries in Africa like Zimbabwe (around 25%), South Africa (21.5%), and Botswana (37.3%!!) you'll see that Ethiopia is actually quite safe, and as Roosh said it's always going to be almost completely isolated to certain groups like intravenous drug users and low-end prostitutes.

CIA Word Factbook HIV/AIDs Rates of all countries: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2155.html

P.S. I totally have a thing for black chicks, and have heard awesome things about Ghana as a well as Ethiopia, BTW, anyone verify?

Ethiopia (intro thread)

intravenous drug users and low-end prostitutes

and homosexuals

Ethiopia (intro thread)

I've been to over 50 countries and Ethiopia is my favourite!!! [Image: heart.gif]

It has arguably the best looking women on the continent. The food is great. They make great coffee and wine (coffee was first cultivated here). They were the only country not colonised in the scramble for Africa and they have a rich history. It's dirt cheap. It has beautiful green landscapes, waterfalls and tons of other things to see.The people are incredible friendly (even in the cities). It's safe. They have great music and traditional dance. Weed is abundant, high quality and is practically free.

Oh and did I mention the women?

I have an Addis Ababa report if anyone is interested...

Ethiopia (intro thread)

Shit, after reading this thread, I think I need to go to Ethiopia ASAP!

How is the tourist situation down there? Any youth hostels or it is a hotel place?

Would you advice me to go with a wingman or would it be fun on my own?

Ethiopia (intro thread)

Just got back from 3 weeks sarging in Addis Ababa.

Got my flag on the 3rd day there from previous online game.

I fclosed 6 girls: 2 from afro-introductions, 1 from facebook, 1 I met in the stairs of Edna Mall, 1 on the terrace of La Parisienne (Bole Road), and one in the courtyard of a restaurant (she was having injera lunch with a friend).

I must have seen about 30 girls on a date (I've been quite selective), most from afro-introductions (usually lower classes but some middle class university girls) and facebook (I added tons of girls before I went). But usually I shortened the dates to about 10 minutes if I didn't like the girls, telling them I was in a hurry but I would call them a few days later (not to be too rude). There are photographers shops everywhere in Addis so the pictures are usually much better than the reality.

Girls are sweet and friendly. Many beautiful ones if you like this type. Their faces have finer features and they have lighter skin as sub-Saharian Africans but their bodies are not as good, on average.

Girls are eager to meet foreigners and they will give up their numbers easily.

But then... the problems come...

FIRST OF ALL: The men... [Image: dodgy.gif]

The biggest assholes I've seen in 50 countries or such...

All passive aggressive cockblocking douchebags, you will never feel comfortable anywhere in public as a white man with a black girl and it will ruin your vacations mood :-)

They will literally change positions in their seats all around you to stare at the girl and make her feel as a whore... Not cool.

The result is that although women really want to be with a (handsome) young foreign guy, they are strongly discouraged to date one by social pressure. They will give you their numbers easily but then it's gonna be hard to actually meet (except the low class girls) and the actual date will usually feel very uncomfortable anywhere in public (it is a bit the case in Other African countries but not at all to the extent of Ethiopia).

In conclusion, I won't go back to Ethiopia even though I like the type of girls: it's not fun. I was very happy to leave the place [Image: smile.gif]

Anyways, if you're there and want to meet girls, I can give you the names of a few places where you will feel more or less ok, depending if it's crowded or not:

Cafe restaurant BON on Bole road (too crowded on weekends but good during the week)

The Bar of the Intercontinental hotel (Casanjes), I also like the pool and the food there and the wifi is very fast

Outside of Axum hotel there is one table that is quite good for a date.

“Pizza hut”, in area 22, is kind of Ok for a date but many young asshole Ethiopian guys are there.

Nightlife
Nightlife sucks. The only place I found interesting was Black Rose, on the second floor of Boston day Spa, on bole road. It's a bar lounge, with people dancing a bit sometimes.

Alizee jazz club could be a good place for a date but the music is so loud you have to shout at a girl's ear to communicate.

Restaurants:

Good food at Pizzeria Antica

Pizzeria Deli Roma (on Bole road)

Rico's restaurant, in front of Getu Commercial Center (15 yards down the road of New York cafe)

Axum Hotel restaurant

Gazebo Restaurant (by the museum): extremely good salads (bad pizzas)

Ethiopia (intro thread)

you will never feel comfortable anywhere in public as a white man with a black girl and it will ruin your vacations mood :-)

Hell I had this problem in DC walking through U Street late at night with a cute black chick. Did things ever come to blows?

I'm saddened to hear that the nightlife sucks. How many spots did you try?

Good report though... glad we got some boots on the ground there.

Ethiopia (intro thread)

I read there are many beggars..?

Ethiopia (intro thread)

Quote: (05-08-2011 05:09 AM)Lika Wrote:  

Africans but their bodies are not as good, on average.

they tend to have longer waist, for the ones who haven't experienced it, it's kind of hard to explain but they are sexy as hell

I agree - their number amongst other things

All passive aggressive cockblocking douchebags, you will never feel comfortable anywhere in public as a white man with a black girl and it will ruin your vacations mood :-)

They will literally change positions in their seats all around you to stare at the girl and make her feel as a whore... Not cool.

The result is that although women really want to be with a (handsome) young foreign guy, they are strongly discouraged to date one by social pressure. They will give you their numbers easily but then it's gonna be hard to actually meet (except the low class girls) and the actual date will usually feel very uncomfortable anywhere in public (it is a bit the case in Other African countries but not at all to the extent of Ethiopia).

Really? - i didnt have this problem, then again i'm a black guy.

In conclusion, I won't go back to Ethiopia even though I like the type of girls: it's not fun. I was very happy to leave the place [Image: smile.gif]

Me and another guy on the forum are planning on going, maybe you should reconsider and roll with us. We're still working out the trip details tho

Nightlife
Nightlife sucks. The only place I found interesting was Black Rose, on the second floor of Boston day Spa, on bole road. It's a bar lounge, with people dancing a bit sometimes.
Did you check out Platinum, Illusions, Gas or Memo? My avatar is from a picture i took on Ethiopian new year in Illusions.

Alizee jazz club could be a good place for a date but the music is so loud you have to shout at a girl's ear to communicate.

Gives you more of a reason to get close to her

Ethiopia (intro thread)

Quote: (05-08-2011 05:50 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

you will never feel comfortable anywhere in public as a white man with a black girl and it will ruin your vacations mood :-)

Hell I had this problem in DC walking through U Street late at night with a cute black chick.

When I was in the DR last year with black chicks, the only black guys blatantly staring at me were American blacks (they were not threatening though)

Did things ever come to blows?

Nope because I didn't let it happen. It could only have come to blows if I had lost my temper (the situations were not dangerous). At the end of my stay, I was really pissed at the local attitude though...

I'm saddened to hear that the nightlife sucks. How many spots did you try?

Not so many cause I didn't like them and I realized quickly it was much easier to pick up in day time. I went to a few places like Alizee club, Concorde night club, Fahrenheit, Black rose, memo night club, and the bars of Hilton and Sheraton. Many clubs that got listed in lonely planet didn't exist any more or changed locations (like Platinum - now close to Edna mall - and divine lounge)

Good report though...

Thanks. How is Poland? I'm sure it's much more fun than Denmark. I've met a few Polish girls, they easily drink a bottle of vodka per night [Image: confused.gif]

Ethiopia (intro thread)

Quote: (05-08-2011 09:08 AM)Tommy Wrote:  

I read there are many beggars..?

There but thats in any 3rd world country

Ethiopia (intro thread)

Quote: (05-08-2011 09:31 AM)Imthattypeofguy Wrote:  

they tend to have longer waist, for the ones who haven't experienced it, it's kind of hard to explain but they are sexy as hell

Yeah exactly... they are sexy but their bodies are not as sexy as in the rest of Africa though, in my opinion

Really? - i didnt have this problem, then again i'm a black guy.

Yeah if you can pass for Ehiopian or Ethiopian/American, you will not have this problem [Image: idea.gif]

Gives you more of a reason to get close to her

True, it is actually a good place for a date (not for pickup though) but the music was really too loud for me

Ethiopia (intro thread)

Anyways, if you're there and want to meet girls, I can give you the names of a few places where you will feel more or less ok

to meet a girl on a date I mean, not for pickup

Ethiopia (intro thread)

One more question: how common was the white man? Were you the only one for miles or were there quite a few?

Thanks. How is Poland?

Check the Poland thread!

Ethiopia (intro thread)

Quote: (05-08-2011 03:07 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

One more question: how common was the white man? Were you the only one for miles or were there quite a few?

There are very few whites. I almost saw no single guy with game. There are a few NGO workers and in the expensive hotels, there are a lot of couples (mostly white Americans couples with a 40 something year old woman) who came to adopt children. A lot of them...

Ethiopia (intro thread)

Just got back from 3 weeks sarging in Addis Ababa.

Got my flag on the 3rd day there from previous online game.

I fclosed 6 girls: 2 from afro-introductions, 1 from facebook, 1 I met in the stairs of Edna Mall, 1 on the terrace of La Parisienne (Bole Road), and one in the courtyard of a restaurant (she was having injera lunch with a friend).

I must have seen about 30 girls on a date (I've been quite selective), most from afro-introductions (usually lower classes but some middle class university girls) and facebook (I added tons of girls before I went). But usually I shortened the dates to about 10 minutes if I didn't like the girls, telling them I was in a hurry but I would call them a few days later (not to be too rude). There are photographers shops everywhere in Addis so the pictures are usually much better than the reality.

Girls are sweet and friendly. Many beautiful ones if you like this type. Their faces have finer features and they have lighter skin as sub-Saharian Africans but their bodies are not as good, on average.

But then... the problems come...

FIRST OF ALL: The men... [Image: dodgy.gif]

The biggest assholes I've seen in 50 countries or such...

Anyways, if you're there and want to meet girls, I can give you the names of a few places where you will feel more or less ok, depending if it's crowded or not:

Cafe restaurant BON on Bole road (too crowded on weekends but good during the week)

The Bar of the Intercontinental hotel (Casanjes), I also like the pool and the food there and the wifi is very fast

Outside of Axum hotel there is one table that is quite good for a date.

“Pizza hut”, in area 22, is kind of Ok for a date but many young asshole Ethiopian guys are there.

Nightlife

Restaurants:

Good food at Pizzeria Antica

Pizzeria Deli Roma (on Bole road)

Rico's restaurant, in front of Getu Commercial Center (15 yards down the road of New York cafe)

Axum Hotel restaurant

Gazebo Restaurant (by the museum): extremely good salads (bad pizzas)

Thanks Lika, this report sounds more realistic than the OP report. We have a large Somalian/Ethopian contingent in Canada and they rarely socialize outside there circles. The men are big cockblockers and the women are scared of them.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com