rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

British guys in America

British guys in America

Hello everyone

I have been doing some research via the search toolbar, but I thought it would be best to just create a new thread, so the Euro members can reference it in the future.

Later this month I will be going to the U.S of A, the start of the trip is in New York, Brooklyn for two weeks. Then the plan is Miami and San Francisco maybe Las Vegas, however I am open to any suggestions for new places that are better options.

I am white, in my early 20s from London. My main questions are.

1) Good city for gaming and easy to get around in terms of logistics ?

2) The type of game to be used, I suppose being direct is the best way, how does it differ in terms of British women ?

3) Safety, hard to know whether crime is hyped up or if it is genuinely a big problem in the U.S for tourists. Bearing in mind I won't have a car, and have to rely on moving from good location to good location.

Many Thanks, this trip is happening soon and I want to make the most of it, being from London I know will be a major DHV. It worked very well for me in Austin Texas. However I am bracing myself for being disappointed, being used to EE chicks. Still looking forward to it, if any members are around to meet up, just pm me.

British guys in America

If you use any kind of dry humour they will take it literally (or "liderally" as they say).

If you tell them you're just kidding they'll compliment you on your sense of irony even though you didn't say anything ironic at all.

British guys in America

Quote: (08-03-2014 05:38 PM)Que enspastic Wrote:  

If you use any kind of dry humour they will take it literally (or "liderally" as they say).

If you tell them you're just kidding they'll compliment you on your sense of irony even though you didn't say anything ironic at all.

ha I am already mind fucked. I probably will have to lower my IQ by a few points just to get a conversation going with these women.

British guys in America

This is a great thread idea. I am planning a similar trip for next year for Philly/New York trip. I've been a Sixers fan my whole life and haven't been since I was a kid. I've always wanted to experience New York and I would have done it already but I thought it would be worth waiting till I'm 21.

This forum has great write ups and data sheets on all of the cities you mentioned I believe. You can exhaust those for all kinds of knowledge.

I haven't heard great things about Miami for game in general. I think New York is a given, Vegas I like and San Fran would be cool. I'd like to do the West Coast sometime in the next few years as well.

Look forward to hearing more about your plans at the meet next week. I'll send out some PM's for that tomorrow.

British guys in America

Quote: (08-03-2014 05:42 PM)Constitution45 Wrote:  

ha I am already mind fucked. I probably will have to lower my IQ by a few points just to get a conversation going with these women.

New York City women aren't stupid.

Same goes for San Fran. So, don't go there thinking you can dumb it down.

Miami is another story altogether. The women there are dumb as rocks. You need to dumb it down to 8th grade reading level for them.

You WILL get points for your British accent, so talk loudly. And often. Much of your work will be cut out for you.

British guys in America

Being British is not a plus in any major american city, only the smaller ones.

NY, people wont care.

Go to Burlington, Vermont and they will act like they are talking to a unicorn when they realise you a British.

British guys in America

Quote: (08-03-2014 06:55 PM)JJ Roberts Wrote:  

NY, people wont care.

Go to Burlington, Vermont and they will act like they are talking to a unicorn when they realise you a British.

I agree... we speak over 200 hundred languages here with half as many accents.
Nothing beats the Brooklyn accent..because everyone loves a gangster('how ya doin?)
I used to work with a British kid in a 99 cent store(was 18)...so it doesn't get you ahead here.

(even on half our soap operas there is always the token British guy...and midget also lol)
But when I was younger my friend use to go around pretending he had a Brit accent on Upper East side..it worked. Why?
Worked only with Brit girls who were homesick. Lots of British nannies work up there and go partying on Tuesday.

British guys in America

You won't be the first British guy to visit NYC, for god sakes don't start talking loud so people can hear you.
Fat American girls do that shit in London, it drives people crazy.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

British guys in America

For NYC you can't go wrong with staying in East Village/Williamsburg.

As an English guy, you'll have some wiggle room with American girls but don't relax in the game department. Just assume you're gaming the same as in London. You may find some surprises you may not.

Indirect or direct can work, depending on what you're comfortable with. I say be a charming British bad boy. Be direct but friendly.

NYC's one of the safest cities in the US (especially Manhattan/North Brooklyn), but like anywhere else, just be aware of your surroundings.

British guys in America

Quote: (08-03-2014 06:24 PM)Blackwell Wrote:  

This is a great thread idea. I am planning a similar trip for next year for Philly/New York trip. I've been a Sixers fan my whole life and haven't been since I was a kid. I've always wanted to experience New York and I would have done it already but I thought it would be worth waiting till I'm 21.

This forum has great write ups and data sheets on all of the cities you mentioned I believe. You can exhaust those for all kinds of knowledge.

I haven't heard great things about Miami for game in general. I think New York is a given, Vegas I like and San Fran would be cool. I'd like to do the West Coast sometime in the next few years as well.

Look forward to hearing more about your plans at the meet next week. I'll send out some PM's for that tomorrow.

Haha yeah, it is of better use than those lonely planet guides written by "eat, pray and fuck" hipster chicks.

Defiantly wait until you are 21, it can really hinder the trip not being able to go into most of the bars and clubs. One thing I found difficult to understand about U.S, was there attitude towards drinking. Growing up in the U.K, its normal for kids to start properly drinking on weekends at 13/14 years old.

Yeah mate looking forward to the meet up, be good to touch base.

British guys in America

There are very very few areas south of 100th street in Manhattan where you would have to have an even slight worry. And most of these places are public housing establishments. But even then I've walked past the housing projects(with friends) in Chelsea(west 16th street) at 4AM wasted and was completely fine. Not that I would recommend this but Manhattan is most definitely safe.

British guys in America

Appreciate it, taking note of the comments, the British accent worked well in Austin Texas, but that place is further out of the way. I would go back there but the quality of women and logistics are just low.

I am expecting NYC to be similar to London, the city has a similar vibe, London is just twenty years behind, in terms of gentrification.

With Miami I have never spoken to the Latina American girls so don't know what to expect. The Latinos I met in London come from middle class backgrounds and are usually well traveled.

British guys in America

Quote: (08-03-2014 06:55 PM)JJ Roberts Wrote:  

NY, people wont care.

Montréal is between 1-2 hours from there. And I'm sure someone here would be able to pull hard there during the school year (UVM).

But in all seriousness, the nice thing about Manhattan is that you get people from many parts of the world. Even if you can't pull your standard American resident, you've got plenty of other options.

British guys in America

Quote: (08-03-2014 07:49 PM)Constitution45 Wrote:  

Appreciate it, taking note of the comments, the British accent worked well in Austin Texas, but that place is further out of the way. I would go back there but the quality of women and logistics are just low.

I am expecting NYC to be similar to London, the city has a similar vibe, London is just twenty years behind, in terms of gentrification.

With Miami I have never spoken to the Latina American girls so don't know what to expect. The Latinos I met in London come from middle class backgrounds and are usually well traveled.

The British accent won't hurt. I was in New York last summer and it went over well. Still needed game of course.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

British guys in America

Agreed, the British accent won't hurt at all in in the larger more international cities like NYC, LA, Chicago, etc. However, it can really work well in the second tier American cities. The women won't be as well travelled and your exotic factor will go up. I imagine its the same in the UK. A yank is nothing special in London or Manchester but might have better luck in the smaller cities (or the yank may have his work cut out for him all around, who knows).

I know Brits and Australians do well in Texas and Florida. But what I observed firsthand were fit, well dressed, smooth guys pulling talent. As stated above don't totally rely on the accent and you should be good.

British guys in America

I really do think the British accent has more cachet on the west coast (and the hipster parts of the east) than anywhere else in the U.S. A lot of liberal girls are closet anglophiles and get off on shows like Downton Abbey or various rom-coms with english leading men. American girls are mostly a culturally ignorant lot and like dating stereotypes. Just present yourself as the very stereotypical classy british man while deploying game and you should do alright.

British guys in America

NYC girls certainly have heard British tourists before, so it won't be completely new or exotic, but it's definitely still a plus.

Maybe not a huge plus, but a definite plus on top of whatever else you bring to the table. Definitely you should find it easier here than at home. But NYC girls might like to play it cool and act like they're not impressed.

And NYC is tops for ease to get around and tons of concentration of bars in many different areas, whatever vibe you feel like hitting up.

British guys in America

I head to the states most weeks with my job and think that most people will just probably ignore you, being a Brit in any large city especially the NY,NJ area means nothing to them. Girls in the US are still a step up from from the UK girls though. That's about it really. I was in Nashville briefly last year and thought people were much friendlier and deffo more opportunities would be forthcoming.

British guys in America

I agree that the British sense of humor and sarcasm doesn't play well here. Americans will take what you say literally. The American public is easily angered and offended by pretty much everything, so try to be upbeat and inoffensive. Try not to talk about anything intellectual or political, as most Americans are put off by that.

If I were you, I'd bring up London a lot. American girls think of it as a glamorous city.

As you also know, American girls love the British accent. So you should talk as much as possible. Americans also have a reputation of British people as being refined and upper class in their mannerisms, so positioning yourself as a James Bond type of gentleman will work to your favor. Soccer is becoming more popular now, so bring that up too.

The British guys I knew killed it with their accent. Girls here love it.

My advice applies mostly to the tier 2 cities with fewer international travelers. I really think you could do well down south or in the interior cities. There's an exotic factor to being British, in my opinion. I'd also say that outside the coasts, girls are less pretentious and more feminine.

British guys in America

I appreciate all the comments, I will spark this thread after the trip, just to review the whole thing.

On another note, do any of you recommend West Coast cities or places that are worth visiting in Florida ?

For game and just nightlife in general ?

It always does make me laugh how many anglophiles there are around. I see these good looking guys back here in the U.K have got decent jobs, confidence; but they are all shacked up with these whales who cheat on them. If you just go to South Europe you will probably find a niche, no need to go too far overseas.

By the sounds of it, East Brooklyn is the area you want to avoid, the Northern part and Southern Russian quarter look like the most safest. As for Florida, two British tourists were gunned down there for no reason sometime a couple of years back, so will probably exercise more caution around those parts.

British guys in America

I have always found NYC to be like a goldfish hooking stall at a fayre when it comes to women.

However, it really helps to have the James Bond accent and dress smartly. Regional accents could be a problem. BBC voice is the way to go. Over exaggerate flowery language and mannerisms.

Strangely, I have found that in NYC as a Brit it helps to over egg the manners; the girls seem to love holding doors, standing up when they enter rooms and coming/going from tables etc etc etc…all the stuff that would make them hate a native. Combine that with constant teasing about them and Americans/American culture in general and you're all sorted.

The other thing is that once you have them hooked on your "british gent" frame, they will literally do anything you tell them as long as you explain it's a British custom. They'll believe you if you tell them you live in a castle and practice jousting before elevenses, for heavens sake!

They want you to be a prince. Just make sure you don't forget to use your sword.

NYC is my spiritual home of game. I just love hamming up the fictional British gentleman character.

British guys in America

Quote: (08-05-2014 11:02 AM)Constitution45 Wrote:  

I appreciate all the comments, I will spark this thread after the trip, just to review the whole thing.

On another note, do any of you recommend West Coast cities or places that are worth visiting in Florida ?

For game and just nightlife in general ?

I've observed British cats doing well in the southern California beach cities from Santa Monica (which has a fairly large UK population) through Orange County all the way to the SD.

That playboy Brit angle is like kyrptonite for broads.

British guys in America

I will take note, I may have lost my British accent though and I dislike opening doors for bitches, goes against my principles.
Will you be in New York later this month ?

British guys in America

Quote: (08-05-2014 11:47 AM)Constitution45 Wrote:  

I will take note, I may have lost my British accent though and I dislike opening doors for bitches, goes against my principles.
Will you be in New York later this month ?

The odd thing about the accent thing is that it seems to rediscover itself the moment you start interacting.

I spend maybe 8 weeks per year in NYC and I always come home sounding more like I did at school (plummy voice) than I do whilst in the UK.

My sister, like most Brits who live in NYC, developed that annoying mid atlantic drawl really, really fast…my hypothesis is that outside of the tourist zones, Americans actually rarely hear a proper British voice.

It's even rarer that they encounter it attached to a hard drinking, unashamed cigarette smoking (this is optional of course but NYC is the only place in the world I have seen passers by stop and begin lecturing a smoker (never me) on their habit…multiple times), smooth talking, well dressed (I can't begin to tell you how badly NYers dress) mother fucker. Be that man!

Be warned though, trawling the West/East Village/Meatpacking and staying in that wonderfully Empire-esque semi state of inebriation all day is very, very costly to the pocket.

British guys in America

Quote: (08-05-2014 11:23 AM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

I have always found NYC to be like a goldfish hooking stall at a fayre when it comes to women.

However, it really helps to have the James Bond accent and dress smartly. Regional accents could be a problem. BBC voice is the way to go. Over exaggerate flowery language and mannerisms.

Strangely, I have found that in NYC as a Brit it helps to over egg the manners; the girls seem to love holding doors, standing up when they enter rooms and coming/going from tables etc etc etc…all the stuff that would make them hate a native. Combine that with constant teasing about them and Americans/American culture in general and you're all sorted.

The other thing is that once you have them hooked on your "british gent" frame, they will literally do anything you tell them as long as you explain it's a British custom. They'll believe you if you tell them you live in a castle and practice jousting before elevenses, for heavens sake!

They want you to be a prince. Just make sure you don't forget to use your sword.

NYC is my spiritual home of game. I just love hamming up the fictional British gentleman character.

After reading that I just remembered how stupid American girls are lol