rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

When Guys Mate Guard Around You...Something is Working

I’ve been spending a lot of time walking around Mexico these days and have noticed many many instances of mate guarding.

I’m not a tall guy—but around these parts the average Mexican man is a lot smaller than me. In crowds I’m usually the tallest one around and can see over everyone’s head. Kinda cool.

Plus I’m the only guy in the city with a full beard and my clothes fit me right and aren’t clown colored. So I’m not afraid to say I stand out in a good way. Thee ladies be a meltin’.

What I’ve noticed is that when I’m walking down the street all relaxed, feeling good, thinking hard, happy to be in an exotic place—so many guys will mate guard their girls when they see me coming.

It usually goes down like this: a couple is walking towards me, the guy sees me first, immediately looks over at his girl who is noticing me for the first time. Guy sees the girl looking at me and then either puts his arm around her, grabs her hand to pull her close, starts talking real loud to get her attention...in one instance the little dude took her to the other side of the street. Its funny to watch and I always make even harder eye contact with the girl and smile.

I’ve noticed this before at dinner parties and openings where there are a lot of couples. I’ll start making a guys girlfriend laugh and get intrigued and then the guy does the mate guard. It’s always a bit pathetic.

When do you notice it the most?

I think it's way easier for the girl to be responsive to you when the BF doesn't know any bogeys are on the radar.

It definitely doesn't help you talk to a girl when a guy is clutching her.

Next time you see a couple walking towards you again, trying doing this:

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reporter: What keeps you awake at night?
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

OKC Data Sheet

I really don't see much mate guarding behavior in general. A lot of guys are pretty relaxed in general as long as you don't seem overly interested in their girlfriend. Maybe Mexico is different?

In America, the only extreme mate guarding I've seen would be from Indians and especially Pakistanis. They're really into mate guarding to a ridiculous extent.

Quote: (07-23-2014 09:40 PM)Goldmund Wrote:  

It usually goes down like this: a couple is walking towards me, the guy sees me first, immediately looks over at his girl who is noticing me for the first time. Guy sees the girl looking at me and then either puts his arm around her, grabs her hand to pull her close, starts talking real loud to get her attention...in one instance the little dude took her to the other side of the street. Its funny to watch and I always make even harder eye contact with the girl and smile.

I’ve noticed this before at dinner parties and openings where there are a lot of couples. I’ll start making a guys girlfriend laugh and get intrigued and then the guy does the mate guard. It’s always a bit pathetic.

When do you notice it the most?

This is unwise.

You're not in America. Many of those guys that are shorter than you have balls twice as big as yours.

Ah, the city I'm in is soft and this is during the day. Not worried about that.

And the dinner parties and art openings are in NYC...not gonna be any fights there.

I don't like hitting on girls who have boyfriends/husbands, but this mate guarding thing is just too fascinating to ignore.

Quote: (07-23-2014 10:39 PM)Goldmund Wrote:  

Ah, the city I'm in is soft and this is during the day. Not worried about that.

And the dinner parties and art openings are in NYC...not gonna be any fights there.

I don't like hitting on girls who have boyfriends/husbands, but this mate guarding thing is just too fascinating to ignore.

As far as Mexico, yeah, it's a cultural thing. As long as no alcohol's involved and/or the guy's not in the business, you'll usually get off without any incident.

Goldmund, it might seem soft but the transition from soft to hard in Mexico can happen with surprising speed sometimes.

Just watch your neck, keep your wits about you and don't get into any sticky situations. I want to be able to read updates about the Montauk scene come next summer. [Image: wink.gif]

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

I don't know about mate guarding, but I've seen lizards let go of their boyfriends(I hate the term boyfriend, don't know why) hands when they saw me, it's happen too many times to be coincidents and I don't even consider myself good looking.

Ha, thanks for the concern guys. But I am keeping careful...especially at night.

I've traveled enough and am socially savvy enough to know limits.

Now I'm gonna finish off this glass of mezcal and go hunt for some Mexican pussy.

[Image: pimp.gif]

[Image: attachment.jpg20050]   

I didn't know what mate guarding is before this thread, but isn't doing thing like that just make those guys appear insecured and make you appear more attractive ?

Quote: (07-23-2014 11:29 PM)Goldmund Wrote:  

Ha, thanks for the concern guys. But I am keeping careful...especially at night.

Now I'm gonna finish off this glass of mezcal and go hunt for some Mexican pussy.

If you don't eat the worm it doesn't count as mezcal [Image: smile.gif]

I've seen this too. Guys immediately pulling their girls for a kiss while keeping one eye open to see when I'm gone and end the kiss. I used to fuck with these by sitting on the bench across them and occasionally glancing towards their girls while I pretend to set something on my dslr. In 80% of cases they just stand up and nervously drop the "let's go see something else" line to their girl. Others just sit there and sink into mental defeat as their girls' body language shifts towards me. I've never made a move because I don't like stealing other dudes' girls but I'm thinking I should, it would make them depressed for a while and then they'll discover ways to improve themselves and stay away from serious commitment to sluts.

That short guy could be a Narco for all you know. When life is seen as cheap in a country its best to not warrant much attention as an outsider.

Quote: (07-24-2014 02:54 AM)funkyzeit Wrote:  

I don't like stealing other dudes' girls but I'm thinking I should, it would make them depressed for a while and then they'll discover ways to improve themselves and stay away from serious commitment to sluts.

The man would never see it that way. You're 50/50 on him going berserk and murdering you or just straight up defeatist.

Funny. Though it is more of cultural thing in some areas.

Most guys in the West don't react that much even when his girlfriend is eye-fucking me. Though sometimes they squirm a bit.

True Alphas are hardly concerned with it unless you meet a Dark Triad One and piss him off somehow.

Nowadays guys are proud that her woman garners a lot of attention.

Mate-guarding is something that only insecure Betas and some Lesser Alphas do. If it is part of your culture, you should detach yourself from it as well. Usually it is Blue Pill behavior that should not be done, since it achieves the opposite effect with women.

Mates of Betas or very slutty women will always give other guys undue attention. That is how the female psyche rolls.

Quote: (07-24-2014 02:54 AM)funkyzeit Wrote:  

I've seen this too. Guys immediately pulling their girls for a kiss while keeping one eye open to see when I'm gone and end the kiss. I used to fuck with these by sitting on the bench across them and occasionally glancing towards their girls while I pretend to set something on my dslr. In 80% of cases they just stand up and nervously drop the "let's go see something else" line to their girl. Others just sit there and sink into mental defeat as their girls' body language shifts towards me. I've never made a move because I don't like stealing other dudes' girls but I'm thinking I should, it would make them depressed for a while and then they'll discover ways to improve themselves and stay away from serious commitment to sluts.

Guilty of doing this, I totally mate guarded in a relationship.

Nowadays I slap a girl on the ass and she can do her own thing when I'm with the guys. I don't care to be bothered by it anymore, end of the day I'm the one fucking her right.

Quote: (07-23-2014 10:23 PM)Remington Wrote:  

Or this:

[Image: xpZsd.gif]

I notice this a lot walking down the street. The couple will notice me at the same time- the girl will look curious and the guy will take a half a step forward to sort of shield his girl/block me from her view.

The less confident the other guy is, the more likely he is to shield his bitch.

And I'm just like:

[Image: wb2.gif]

Quote: (07-25-2014 10:58 AM)Nascimento Wrote:  

Quote: (07-23-2014 10:23 PM)Remington Wrote:  

Or this:

[Image: xpZsd.gif]

oh man, [Image: UB1eV.gif]

Just make sure you don't mess with any Zetas or Sinaloa cartel's ladies when you're down there for God's sake!

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

I live in a college town and i see insecure frat bros act this way all he time. It always makes me laugh.

Or you can sneak up behind them and blow in the guys ear....You know, so he thinks you respect him

[Image: stephenson.png?w=575&h=321&crop=1]

I’m not a tall guy—but around these parts the average Mexican man is a lot smaller than me. In crowds I’m usually the tallest one around and can see over everyone’s head. Kinda cool.

Plus I’m the only guy in the city with a full beard and my clothes fit me right and aren’t clown colored.

[Image: highfive.gif]