rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cebu City, Philippines, Datasheet

Cebu city, Philippines

Cebu city is the second largest city of the Philippines located in the Visayas region. The Philippines is a country located in south east Asia in the western Pacific Ocean. The climate is tropical and is usually hot and humid. There are some great beaches to be found on Bohol island only a 1 hour boat trip away from the city. Boracay is not far away by airplaine and has one of the most beautiful beaches in the world!

[Image: 2b9eb3e9-d7a2-4896-a5b5-f9f2a5dc695f.jpeg]

[Image: 3174179-Jeepneys-Cebu_City.jpg]

City population: approx. 900,000 inhabitants
Island (province) population: approx. 4,000,000 inhabitants
Currency: Philippine Pesos (1 US$ = approx. 43 PHP)

The city is not big but it has many little side streets, this makes it feel big while driving around in a taxi but it actually is not. There are only a few big main streets and areas. Fuente Osmena is the main city centre where there is alot of traffic and street vendors in day time but still, is very small compared to other big cities.

Filipino people are different from other south east Asian people, the majority are roman catholics and almost everyone speaks or understands English. Keep in mind that the Philippines is a very poor country, the majority of the people earn less than 100$ a month. Filipino people are very patriotic and welcoming and most of them love to get into a friendly discussion with a foreigner.

There is nothing more to do in the city at day time then going to shoppingmalls, restaurants or going to private resorts a short ride out of the city to enjoy the beach side or hang around the swimmingpool with some friends and drink some local beer. Keep in mind there are lots of DTF Filipinas online looking to meet foreigners in Cebu and ofcourse Manila.

I.T. Park is the business district of Cebu city where some large american and local companies put up their call centres and other I.T. related offices. This is the nicest area of the City, this area is spotlessly clean and there are some fine restaurants and bars to be found but it's quite small. The Marriott hotel can be found here as well and has direct access to Ayala shopping mall, this place is great to go out for dinner or to go out in day time and to get some phone numbers.

Night Life

There are quite a few nightclubs in Cebu city that are open 7 days a week, they are open every night at around 10.00 pm. Keep in mind there are alot of professional girls at Mango Square at Maxillom Avenue, here you will find the hookers and the lower class girls who are very easy to get. There is also Pump club near to the Watefront hotel, lots of Korean guys (English students in Cebu) dancing robot-style with Filipinas. Keep in mind Korean guys ALL pay for the girls in Cebu. These places are open 7 days a week. You don't need to dress up to go to these places.

You can meet the more upscale and mature clubbers in weekends at The Loft club in I.T. Park and VooDoo club in Banilad.

There are alot of bikini bars located at Maxillom Avenue. Very beautiful girls, theres something for everyone. You pay a barfine and take her out for the night at a ridicilously low price, most of the time you don't even notice you're actually hanging out with a professionnal because they are actually looking to meet "Mr. Right" while working in the bar and surprisingly it happens quite alot when some Australian or American guy actually falls in love with one of these girls. After 1.00 or 2.00 pm these bars close and you find these girls hanging around in the nearby nightclubs just having fun. I never took one of these girls out but I did get their phonenumbers and met them later on in daytime or afterwards.

Local beer prices range from 1.20$ to 1.80$ in nightclubs. The most expensive beer I ever drank there was at 5$ in Jaguar, a stripclub with private rooms upstairs full of Koreans, Japanese and some old retired American men. Cocktail prices range from 2.50$ up to around 5$ in some upscale little bars who cater to a very local and usual public.

[Image: san-miguel-beer-bottles.jpg]

Getting around in the city

There are aircondionned taxis everywhere and they are reasonably priced. They start at 35 PHP. I'm not sure how much they charge per kilometer but a taxi ride of about 11 kilometers is about 160 PHP.
Taxi drivers in the city are straightforward, ask him politely to turn on the taxi meter. There are also little jeeps that you can jump on and they can bring you around for as little as 7 PHP a ride.

Accomodation

Accomodation is cheap and plenty everywhere although there are lots of shitty places. I reccomend the NS Royal Pensionne in the middle of the uptown area. Aircon, WIFI, hot water, TV, for about 1300 PHP a night, i've stayed there and it's perfect.

Filipina girls & women

Well I really love Pinays, they are funny, loving and hot little women. Some of them look Asian, some of them could pass for Latinas and others are just pure Pinay which refers to dark skin and bigger tits than all other Asians. Most of them want a serious relationship with a foreigner for several reasons: financial stability or just because they seem to be more attracted to foreigners. I had a longerm relationship with a Filipina, she was one of the reasons why I actually went there and lived deep in the jungle with her family for a while. These people are very warm and friendly although poverty is everywhere around them, they smile and just make the best out of every moment. It's easy to get girls in the Philippines, they speak much better English than their Thai and Vietnamese couzins and on top of that most of them look up to us Amerikanos (i'm not American, but they call every white man like that, even if you are Russian or Swedish). If you go there just to have as much sex as possible in short period of time then you are maybe better off in the "bikini bars" where you can find girls and take them to your hotel room quickly for a ridicilously low price, they will treat you well because somehow they are doing this to make money but also to find their "Mr. Right" so this way you actually contribute something to the Filipino people instead of trying to get laid for free. If you stay a little longer and want normal girls than just hang around in the shoppingmalls, private resorts or anywhere in the city and start talking to the people. Online dating is also great, there are alot of Filipinas online looking to meet foreigners.

Filipinas are actually the only Asian women who know how to dance, maybe the Spanish influence? If you want a more upscale lifestyle and more educated women than you should probably go to Manila instead of Cebu which is more provincial.

Before you go to the Philippines it would be good to check out these unknown but true documentaries concerning foreigners living in the Philippines. If you don't watch these then you are really missing out on something.

Our Man In Manila

A Murder In The Family

Any questions, just ask me. I'll be happy to answer!

Good post Tommy.
In Cebu, I would also add Sunflower as a good and cool club where the beautiful and elite of Cebu go to have fun. Entrance is 100 pesos or about $2.2, drinks are reasonably priced. I agree that it's easy to get girls there, as they are very friendly and receptive to foreigners. My main beef with the Phiippines is the food that is utterly horrible. In my 3 weeks there, I've probably had the most fast food than in the entire last year as fast food was an upgrade compared to Filipino food. Other than that, it takes some time to get used to seeing all these guards standing outside and inside every business with a rifle, machine gun and armed to the teeth. You don't see that in Thailand. While safe, I didn't get the same totally safe feeling I had while in Bangkok. But as long as one excercises caution and common sense, you should be ok. Don't get pissed drunk and take cabs at night which are pretty cheap. All in all, I would return to Cebu, for the girls, for the beaches and the nice people, but this time, I'll make sure to book a hotel with a kitchen or an appartment with a kitchen so I can cook my own food, at least some of the time so I don't have to set food again in a Joleebee or Mcdo. LOL

Nice datasheet.

I am in Cebu right now.

I would say you dont really need to post any tips on finding p4p girls as they are unavoidable and will find you. Also the girls in the gogo bars are not looking for 'Mr Right', they are looking for cash and are hardcore about it. Also they are not 'cheap' they will massively overcharge you if you are a foreigner as they think you are too stupid to know the real price. If you have ever given any of those chicks more than 500 pesos (ten dollars) for a bang you have been ripped off.

I would recommend Enmore Residence as a good option for a place to stay. Its a few blocks away from NS Royal Pensionne, has all the same facilities that you mentioned but is only 900 pesos. It's even cheaper if you negotiate a long term rate or use the VIP frequent card that reception will give you.

Daygame suggestions : Ayala Mall and SM mall. (Caveat : Some p4p girls hang out around malls during the day. I have picked up there and had chicks ask me for money when we got back to my room. Do not leave the malls and take a chick home unless she understands that no cash will change hands)

University girl tips : Take a cab and tell him 'Cebu University'. Take photo ID. When you get to the entrance tell security that you are going to the directors office. He will ask for your photo ID (you get it back when you leave) and give you a visitor pass in return. This allows you to daygame on campus instead of hanging around outside. Around 4-5pm the mall opposite the Uni floods with students.

Well not all those bikini girls are hardcore for money, that's my experience. I know quite a few who I did and never asked me for money.

Sunflower club (theres also an open air bar with a large terrace next door) is a good place to go. Live Filipino bands every night.

The Food is not so good, I used to cook myself and I ate alot of fastfood like deepfried chicken, hamburgers. I recommend AA Barbeque in Lahug (or anywhere around the city, there are quite a few). Just ask any taxi driver.

DAMN!!! I miss Cebu... I want to go back

I ate in Mooon Cafe (yes that is the right spelling) in I.T. Park last night.

Rack of mexican baby back ribs, fries and salad for less than $4 and washed it down with a $1 beer.

That place and the surrounding infrastructure is first world too, unlike most of cebu. Feels like you are in Miami (except that you can't get baby back ribs in Miami for $3.80).

It's unreal how good and cheap the food is here if you know where to go.

As for local food, one of my Pinay girls flew from Manila to the Boracay flashpod earlier this month. We ate out for the first few nights but she kept telling me how good a cook she was so for the last three nights I let her cook for me.

She made Pork Kaldereta, Chicken Adobo and on her last night made Crispy Pata. All were delicious.

Not sure where you guys been eating but food here is awesome.

Quote: (02-16-2011 02:59 AM)Lumiere Wrote:  

I ate in Mooon Cafe (yes that is the right spelling) in I.T. Park last night.

Rack of mexican baby back ribs, fries and salad for less than $4 and washed it down with a $1 beer.

That place and the surrounding infrastructure is first world too, unlike most of cebu. Feels like you are in Miami (except that you can't get baby back ribs in Miami for $3.80).

It's unreal how good and cheap the food is here if you know where to go.

As for local food, one of my Pinay girls flew from Manila to the Boracay flashpod earlier this month. We ate out for the first few nights but she kept telling me how good a cook she was so for the last three nights I let her cook for me.

She made Pork Kaldereta, Chicken Adobo and on her last night made Crispy Pata. All were delicious.

Not sure where you guys been eating but food here is awesome.
Have you noticed it's the same almost everywhere? I ate Adobo, Crispy Pate, Canton Pacit maybe a 100 times in a few months times only.

Tommy, have you also been to Manila? If yes, how would you compare those two cities?

Nice write-up. That being said, I couldn't stand Cebu when I was there back in 2008. Left after 2 days and went to Davao which is a much nicer and safer city and has fewer beggars.

I am going to Davao for the first time next week

Tips ?

What I was most impressed with is the woman cooking for you.

Quote: (02-17-2011 05:06 AM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Tips ?

I hear Davao is the best kept secret in the Phils. The women are supposedly a few inches taller on average. Maybe due to more Spanish blood.

Quote: (02-17-2011 08:22 AM)Brazilianguy Wrote:  

This is common w/ pinays. They will wine and dine, bathe, and treat you like a king over there. When you take the bait and bring them back to the states everything changes. They join the local chapter of the Philippino man-haters club and make your life miserable.

Tips ?

I'll try to get a data sheet typed up later today.

Quote: (02-15-2011 08:03 AM)Lumiere Wrote:  

I would say you dont really need to post any tips on finding p4p girls as they are unavoidable and will find you. Also the girls in the gogo bars are not looking for 'Mr Right', they are looking for cash and are hardcore about it. Also they are not 'cheap' they will massively overcharge you if you are a foreigner as they think you are too stupid to know the real price. If you have ever given any of those chicks more than 500 pesos (ten dollars) for a bang you have been ripped off.

That's crazy! When I was a teen, I remember my Uncle who was in the Navy would me that you can get a woman for $5 in the Philippines. I guess the price had doubled in the last 15 years! lol.

The PH sounds like a great value for the money to hang for a couple weeks, and I love Pinay girls too.

Quote: (02-17-2011 08:40 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

This is common w/ pinays. They will wine and dine, bathe, and treat you like a king over there. When you take the bait and bring them back to the states everything changes. They join the local chapter of the Philippino man-haters club and make your life miserable.

This is why you never bring them back. A lot of expats seem so eager to do it, but I find it incredibly unwise. If you can help it, find a way to stay there on at least a semi-permanent basis.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Quote: (02-17-2011 12:30 PM)emh Wrote:  

Tips ?

I'll try to get a data sheet typed up later today.

So I was about half-way done with writing something up on Davao when I accidentally erased it. [Image: angry.gif] I'll try to get to it on friday or saturday.

Quote: (02-17-2011 05:57 PM)emh Wrote:  

half-way done with writing something up on Davao when I accidentally erased it. [Image: angry.gif] I'll try to get to it on friday or saturday.

Look forward to it

Quote: (02-17-2011 08:40 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Tips ?

I hear Davao is the best kept secret in the Phils. The women are supposedly a few inches taller on average. Maybe due to more Spanish blood.

Quote: (02-17-2011 08:22 AM)Brazilianguy Wrote:  

Yes. And the girls here are notoriously more aggressive than those in Manila. But watch out, these girls are money-oriented.

go to cebu during this festival, your odds will sky rocket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70NWBBoHWJo

Also the girls in the gogo bars are not looking for 'Mr Right', they are looking for cash and are hardcore about it.

Had to soften my stance on this a bit. Just shored a chick that works in one of those bars. Did not meet her in the bar where she works but in Club Juliana's.

Text flirted with me for a while when I was on a trip to Malapasqua and was waiting for me by the time I got back.

Quote: (02-23-2011 07:24 AM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Also the girls in the gogo bars are not looking for 'Mr Right', they are looking for cash and are hardcore about it.

Had to soften my stance on this a bit. Just shored a chick that works in one of those bars. Did not meet her in the bar where she works but in Club Juliana's.

Text flirted with me for a while when I was on a trip to Malapasqua and was waiting for me by the time I got back.
Happened to me alot of times.

Quote: (02-14-2011 10:35 PM)Tommy Wrote:  

Before you go to the Philippines it would be good to check out these unknown but true documentaries concerning foreigners living in the Philippines. If you don't watch these then you are really missing out on something.

Our Man In Manila

A Murder In The Family

Any questions, just ask me. I'll be happy to answer!

These are definitely worth a look - corruption is rampant in the PI and if you're staying there, don't assume you cannot be a target. Many people on this forum who travel there lack any kind of relationships at all with local people that could help them disentangle from such a problem. Check it out...

I've referral links for most credit cards, PM me for them & thanks if you use them
Strip away judeo-christian ethics ingraining sex is dirty/bad & the idea we're taking advantage of these girls disintegrates. Once you've lost that ethical quandary (which it isn't outside religion) then they've no reason to play the victim, you've no reason to feel the rogue. The interaction is to their benefit.
Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

Quote: (02-15-2011 07:27 AM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

My main beef with the Phiippines is the food that is utterly horrible. In my 3 weeks there, I've probably had the most fast food than in the entire last year as fast food was an upgrade compared to Filipino food.

True; I would eat at Andok's Chicken nearly everyday in Cebu. They sell whole chickens, cheap and better then the fast food. It's a chain so there are many Andok's restaurants around.

[Image: Andok%E2%80%99s-Litson-Manok.jpg]

Anyone have any good insight on grilled seafood type places in Cebu. On Escario, there is a Korean restaurant that was caddy corner to the Mandarin Plaza and directly across from the Parklane hotel (in the Ayala mall area) that did all you can eat bbq for around 440, if I recall the number correctly. 10USD is in my price range, though might be expensive for some guys on a tight budget, so wondering if there are other such options. It was cool that they let me forgo the beef, pork and chicken and just get shrimp, clams, and squid. Also, since its all you can eat, you could have lunch there perhaps, eat a lot and not be too hungry for a full dinner, if indeed you're on a budget. I don't know the name of the place, but its the closest restaurant to Parklane, and has outdoor and indoor seating. Cross st. is J. Solon Dr.

I've referral links for most credit cards, PM me for them & thanks if you use them
Strip away judeo-christian ethics ingraining sex is dirty/bad & the idea we're taking advantage of these girls disintegrates. Once you've lost that ethical quandary (which it isn't outside religion) then they've no reason to play the victim, you've no reason to feel the rogue. The interaction is to their benefit.
Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

What is the weather like in April, May or later? Would you advise going there during those months, or is it better to go a little earlier/later?