rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tegucigalpa, Honduras Data Sheet

Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Data Sheet

[Image: honduras-map.gif]
After struggling with laziness for a couple of weeks I finally decided to contribute to this great Traveling section with a data sheet on the city I currently live: Tegucigalpa. I'll be updating this data sheet from time to time since there are still many stuff here that I have yet to see and check out.

Also be sure to check out my Data Sheet on Roatan island, Honduras!

Brief Introduction and Overview
Tegucigalpa is the capital city of Honduras, even though it belongs to a third world country, it's sure got alot to offer for those who love the traveling and seducing women niche. It's a messy city traffic-wise, the level of violence is crazy, but the women and night-life make it worth it, sometimes.

Getting There
Getting to Tegucigalpa is easy, it has its own airport and most (if not all) flights land on Toncontin, Tegucigalpa's airport. Bear in mind that Toncontin is one of the world's most dangerous airports, if you want a little thrill before even arriving to the city, then this is for you.

Basic Costs
The currency is called the Lempira.
$1 USD = 18.8950 L
  • Beer: Prices on the beer vary alot, depending on the venue you are. As a general rule, the most popular and frequented venues have the most expensive beer (makes no sense to me). Narrowing it down, we could say that the price range on beer is aprox. Lps 20.00 - 45.00 which is about $1 - $2 USD. The most popular beers over here are:

[Image: salva-vida-logo-primary.jpg] [Image: port_royal_beer_from_honduras__68014_thumb.gif] [Image: imperial_cerveza_beer_from_costa_rica__78962_thumb.gif] [Image: barena_beer_from_peru__17686_thumb.gif]
    My personal favorite is the Salva Vida, the lightest one is the Barena, Port Royal is a little stronger than Salva Vida. If beer itself is an acquired taste, drinking Imperial is even more of an acquired taste, its flavor is very different from the rest and if I'm not mistaken its the strongest of them all.
  • Bed and Shelter: Assuming that luxury is something that's out of the equation, getting bed and shelter is very cheap. There are various motels downtown and on the highways leaving the city that offer rooms with beds, the only thing some of them lack is cooking equipment, so ask first. The cost of getting a room can range between L 150.00 - L 400.00 ($5.5 - $20.00) per day depending on the motel.

Of course if you want luxury you will find prestigious hotels like Clarion, Marriot, and Intercontinental among others. Don't ask me the price on that though!

I checked Tegucigalpa at CouchSurfing and it seems there are several people with couches, you might want to check them out.
  • Food: The food on the street is very cheap, but it can be very risky to eat. Most people don't take care of their hygiene when handling the food, and the last thing you want is spending an entire afternoon in your motel room's shitty bathroom. There are numerous restaurants that offer typical food (food that's considered Honduran), this is where you want to go. We still have BK, McDonalds, Friday's, Applebees, etc. But what's the fun in that? [Image: wink.gif]

The plates (plate with all the food you ordered) on the good places rarely go higher than 150 ($5.50 USD) and you get to have some very nice tortillas, chorizo, beans with rice and some kind of steak.
  • Cigarrettes: I'm not a smoker myself, but some of my friends do smoke and I've managed to pick up on the general idea of the prices. The most popular brand of smokes are Belmont and Malboro, they can cost within L 30.00 - L 55.00 ($1.50 - $2.75 USD). I think Belmont is cheaper.
The Girls and The Women
I must say that I'm proud of the quality of women over here, some are simply beautiful, hot and stunning. These latinas are very varied, you will find very white chicks but still latinas, you will also find brown skinned as well. Black latinas are not that very common though, you will alot of those at La Ceiba and Roatan however.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjwKsbB9V5Y22F7IA7KFI...UwvwXH&t=1] [Image: paola%20lazarroni.jpg]
I believe that girls here are very open to foreigners, including those that are latinos as well and share similar characteristics. Daygame is a little bit tough here, since people don't walk much the streets. The most optimal places would be the malls (which are very easy to find), restaurants and maybe supermarkets/grocery stores.

I find nightgame harder, since girls are always with a group of other girls or mixed group, also must young people over here keep living with their parents even at 27, so that makes logistics even harder. But if you're game is super tight you can take them to the motel you're staying at [Image: smile.gif]

One important thing, if you're staying somewhere around a few weeks or months you might want to acquire a BlackBerry with BBM service. I tell you and I'm not kidding, 90% of the people you see at the night clubs, bars and malls have one. BB closing allows you to run text game for free and its easier to soften the close.

Nightlife
Most of the nightlife takes place at Morazan Boulevard or Boulevard Morazan in spanish. This is where the night-suited restaurants, bars, clubs and lounges are located and operate.

Definitely the hottest place for nightlife is Los Proceres. This is where you will find the hottest girls in the city at night, girls rocking short sexy dresses with heels, you will find them here. Los Proceres is basically a street with a ton of bars and clubs at both sides of the street. It's got over 10 bars and around 3 clubs for dancing. The beer here is relatively expensive, and the entrance fee to the clubs is a little expensive so its better to arrive early when there's no fee.

The two main clubs here are Sopra and The Club. I don't like The Club much since its indoors and the place is not very big, when it gets very packed (and it does) its fucking hell trying to move through the people. Sopra does get packed as well, but there's more room and its on an outdoors second story, which is very nice because you get to have fresh air at all times.

The downside of Los Proceres is that it gets so packed sometimes, that its hard to find any parking nearby. You have to leave your car a little far away from the clubs, which can be a little dangerous as you run the risk of getting mugged and harmed on your way back when its late.

[Image: no-complejo-es-concebido-para-brindar-co...a_full.jpg]
Los Proceres on a non packed night, possibly during the week
If I'm not mistaken, it is law that all night venues should close at 2:00 AM. Even if its not, all venues do this.

Other Things To Keep In Mind
Some other things to keep in mind that might help you during your stay:
  • Tegucigalpa is a dangerous city, and the levels of violence is very very high. Try taking a look at the newspaper everyday and you will see what I mean. Remember to be discrete when it comes to luxury stuff, a few years ago people used to kill over a shitty cellphone. And with all this BlackBerry madness there's a chance they still do, I know alot of friends who got mugged for their BlackBerry.
  • Be careful when driving, people here are crazy and sometimes don't give a shit, specially bus drivers and cab drivers.
  • Don't take random cabs if it's late at night, call a radio cab instead. Get ahold of one once you get here.
  • Be careful when walking in downtown. I personally never go there, it's a little far away from where I live and it's just fucking hell to get there. Always keep your eyes open, if you see suspicious dudes get away and lose them immediately.
  • Ask for the cab fare to a certain location before getting in. Remember to try and negotiate the fare to your advantage, you can always achieve some discount, even if it's very little.
  • Cops are always looking for bribe, they will always try and find something to get money out of you. If they pull out a ridiculous and inecessary reason to give you a ticket, ask them for the article where it says that you should be penalized for the reason they give you, if no such thing exists they will accept failure and let you go.
Well thats all I can think for now, I'll be updating this data sheet as I keep finding and exploring new places around here. I still gotta check the strip clubs, requested by Dash Global.

If you got questions just ask. And if you're planning on coming, hit me up!

Solid. Honduras is definitely off the beaten path. Very little information is known about the country in this forum, so nice post +1. I do hear rumors that the best looking girls are in a city called Santa Barbara, but I also hear they can use some dental work.

Can you break down the BBM deal in latin America? I use an iphone 4, but everybody asks you for the BB PIN to be able to text, but I can text with any phone. What makes BBM special? I can text anybody I want right now with any unlocked gsm phone that works with a local operator? Is it because its free for the girls to text you back using a BBM? Also, can a girl text you no matter what country you are in? I.e she is in Honduras and I am in Brazil with a BBM? I personally think BB's suck, so there is obviously something I am not getting about the crackberry addiction.

Tell us more about Honduran women, I'm curious how relaxed they are about casual sex and ONS. I have only met one Honduran girl from San Pedro in my life, she was ok, but I'm sure she is not the best they have.

Also, why are you living there? Retired? Ex-pat? Teaching English?

Mixx

+1 from me. Solid data so far. I know you'll add to it as you go. It's good to know the security situation from the airport on in.

Hey Mixx I still haven't been to Santa Barbara yet so I can't back that intel up regarding the women, maybe I can organize a trip with my friends, a bus ride should take aprox. 7-8 hours from Tegucigalpa.

I think BBM is such a hit over here because its free texting basically. You pay for the service and you get like a sort of MSN Messenger in your cellphone which you can use anywhere even where you don't have Wi Fi. Since regular texting is charged for every text message, BBM can allow you to "text" with say 100 people for just paying the service itself, which isn't altered by the amount of contacts you have or chats you do. This in a large scale becomes a more optimal choice over regular texting, considering also that most of the people use "recargas" or purchase of minutes, when it comes to a regular phone device. It all just gets triggered in a chain reaction and everybody starts getting one, and then suddenly everyone has one, just like facebook.

With BBM you can chat within different countries, I chat with a chick from Panama sometimes and it works really well although messages might take longer to get delivered. I also have some contacts from the US and it works the same, I'm not sure about Europe, Asia, nor countries in South america though, but I got a feeling that it works as well.

Regarding the women, I'd say most of them are DTF, although it might take you a while for it, at least it does to me, but then again I'm relatively new to game. If by casual sex you mean to the fuck buddy sort of thing, its very likely. Once you get past the first date and flaking bullshit I think its very easier to get to fuck them. From what I've heard from many different sources including male and female, is the problem with logistics, its really bad for the younglins in my age range.

I'm living here because I was born here, I'm still only 20 years old and still in college. After I graduate and get a stable job with good income I might consider moving out, either way I'm all for the traveling even if I stay living here for the rest of my life [Image: biggrin.gif]

Any new intel or new hot spots Fret?

My best friend is getting stationed about 40 minutes from Teguci and im gonna link him to this thread to get him off the ground and running.

Quote: (11-06-2011 10:46 AM)Dash Global Wrote:  

My best friend is getting stationed about 40 minutes from Teguci and im gonna link him to this thread to get him off the ground and running.

Yes, but not very good news. Los Proceres is now dead, closed. There is a nearby club called Rumba, its very decent but has entrance fee.

Tell your friend to check out/gather intel on Prime (not sure if its still open) and Marakkas

Quote: (11-07-2011 10:20 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

Quote: (11-06-2011 10:46 AM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Yes, but not very good news. Los Proceres is now dead, closed. There is a nearby club called Rumba, its very decent but has entrance fee.

Tell your friend to check out/gather intel on Prime (not sure if its still open) and Marakkas

Damn! Why did that place shut down? Seemed like a nice set up with a couple of good clubs all right there.

So clubs Rumba, Prime, and Marakkas are the best right now? Are they around the same area?

What about any good secondary clubs not in the main commercial / nightlife areas? These would prob be alil dangerous to go to as a gringo id imagine.

Fret,

Did you go to the Tigo Music Festival in Teguci? They had some good artists performing!

I got mark this event on my calender if they have good artists every year

I would really love to hear about Santa Barbara! Legend says that beautiful, blonde, green-eyed... very down-to-earth girls are born here!

Someone, please go there and report!

Mixx

Mixx,

Me and my boy will investigate the matter soon.

I'm here now, veteran of some real shitty places, this one has me a bit creeped out. It just has this feeling about it. I was here in the late 90s and drove all over the country but things have changed "mano". Girls then were very down. Lake Yojoa would always.close it out.
Will game in the hotel, few hotties around but the violence (for real shit) has me wondering if its even worth the risk.

Hasta!

Upadte..

Smashed a big assed hondurana. Lots of 7s running arround, had them come to me in hotel. I have to come back, and can't wait. These chicks no matter how high up eye fuck you from day to dusk.

Fyi, three of us were in traing, guy drove home last night, lost his car. Got jacked at gunpoint, car still missing. Lucky he didn't get smoked. Its real, but there is pussy to be had

Fuck that, there's too many places to get ass and not worry about shit like getting car jacked at gunpoint.

I understand that shit can pop off anywhere, but in places were the odds are higher than usual, I'll pass.

I've had some Honduran pussy, it isn't made of gold.

I was in Tegucigalpa twice earlier this year and also spent 1 Day in La Ceiba. I'm Salvadorean but have lived in USA since I was about 10 Years old, I'm 35 now. Anyways all I have to say about Honduras is Fuck That!! Yea Hondurenas are some of the best looking chicks in Central America in my opinion but my friends its not worth it. Nothing has ever happened to me during my visits here as far as being robbed or shit like that but I had other problems like people jumping in the bed of the truck, laying behind the car tires so I could roll over them, damaging the car when parked, trying to scam. When i go to Honduras I wont even go out at night at all anymore and with Day Game I'm usually just always looking over my shoulder anyways so just be careful. Honduras is the most dangerous country in the world for a reason with mine (El Salvador) very close behind. Sure the Media and US GOV always make things out to be worse then they really are but in Tegucigalpa you will get Robbed at Knife Point by a group of Women!!!! jajajajajaj the men are watching from a distance to make sure you dont resist. I have 6 Sister in Laws over there all of them have been robbed at gun point or knife point atleast twice each and some up to 5 and 6. All I'm saying is weigh the Bads and Goods and make a decision based on safety. You can have alot more Fun in other countries and if you want Hondurenas just go to New Orleans which has the highest population of Hondurans in the World besides Honduras ofcourse. Trust me I lived in New Orleans for 20 Years.

Quote: (06-11-2015 01:13 AM)Coveyleader Wrote:  

Upadte..

Smashed a big assed hondurana. Lots of 7s running arround, had them come to me in hotel. I have to come back, and can't wait. These chicks no matter how high up eye fuck you from day to dusk.

Fyi, three of us were in traing, guy drove home last night, lost his car. Got jacked at gunpoint, car still missing. Lucky he didn't get smoked. Its real, but there is pussy to be had

You risked your life to smash a big assed Hondurana? Was it worth it?

[/quote]

You risked your life to smash a big assed Hondurana? Was it worth it?
[/quote]

That was three years ago. I heard he died trying to nail a big-assed North Korean in 2016.

Ok, that was a joke. I hope he's still alive. No cooch is worth risking your life, not even J Lo's. I have a female friend from Honduras, very professional, and she left the country in 2011 just as shit got rough. No reason for her to return. She's much happier and safer seeing the world.