rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Skype Translate, new near Real Time voice translation

http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/27/575616...on-the-fly

Kind of cool, could eliminate the "language barrier" when speaking over Skype, kind of reminds me of Star Trek, where they had those gadgets where you heard whatever the other person was speaking in your own language.

Just demonstrated by Microsoft.

Having dealt with Google Translate a lot, I would not trust these things for voice comms right now.

Some strange shit will come out.

Nonetheless, what a cool time we live in that this is even close to a possibility.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Quote: (05-28-2014 12:42 PM)Sp5 Wrote:  

Having dealt with Google Translate a lot, I would not trust these things for voice comms right now.

Some strange shit will come out.

Exactly. Just running translations on Google Translate for basic sentences results in bad and wrong translations a good portion of the time. It's crazy that we have self driving cars but can't even get a basic sentence right.

Will it translate Irish to English?

'whats the craic ya fucking cunt'

becomes

'hi friend'