rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Scotland or Wales?

Scotland or Wales?

The U.K. doesn't get mentioned a lot on the forum so hopefully this thread will bring up some good discussion. I've been to England and N. Ireland and did well with the women. Well, England anyway. My dumbass took sand to the beach in Belfast.

Last weekend I talked to a cat from Newcastle. He had some game and good advice, and was tearing up the girls in Charleston. I mentioned planning a trip to Wales. Later he told me to skip the rest of the Isle and hit up Scotland. The dude said a southern guy suited up would do better there than else in the U.K., especially in smaller towns.

U.K. girls get a bad rap here but I didn't bang any fuglies. I checked out some profiles on badoo this morning from Glasgow and saw plenty of girls I would fuck. They have some distinctive facial features, especially eyes and cheeks. Scotland's spread out, so I see month to check it out. So hitting both countries is probably out.

Any member's got good input on this? I believe Alchemist is from Glasgow, and would appreciate his input. If Scotland is that good I'll tear through that place like King Edward I.

Cheers Mates!
Ali

Scotland or Wales?

Don't go to Wales, every day is Sunday in that country, though I've heard Cardiff can be quite good. I'd recommend Edinburgh, it's a cool city, it has a massive student population and as a result has great nightlife. It's quite cheap as well.

Scotland or Wales?

Edinburgh is a really beautiful city. In Scotland you have many fatties, as in the rest of the UK but you also have enough fit girls. Also, ethnically it's quite diverse nowadays. Plus, it's extremely easy to outdress other guys. Naughty nomad has a report on Glasgow:

http://naughtynomad.com/category/travel/.../scotland/

Scotland or Wales?

All i know is that cardiff is one of the easiest city in the world to pick up women.

Scotland or Wales?

Quote: (02-07-2011 02:40 PM)lottery Wrote:  

All i know is that cardiff is one of the easiest city in the world to pick up women.

Is Cardiff, or Wales, chocolate-friendly???

Scotland or Wales?

Hell yeah, most of cities in the UK are non racist, unless you are ugly and non styled like a motherfucker lol.

Scotland or Wales?

After searching around online it looks like, pound for pound, Scottish women might be the hottest in the U.K. Wales has some seriously fat ugly women. I've don't remember even talking to a Scottish girl though.

Scotland or Wales?

Quote: (02-16-2011 11:42 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

After searching around online it looks like, pound for pound, Scottish women might be the hottest in the U.K. Wales has some seriously fat ugly women. I've don't remember even talking to a Scottish girl though.

Ha. I have been living in Scotland (Aberdeen.) now for the last 3 years. I would think Glasgow is the place to be. The most cosmopolitan city in Scotland. Little black populations, and from what I understand; the ladies are nice.

My first year in Aberdeen was great. Back then I was 26 ( I am 30 now). I was smashing a different girl almost every month. Even in the clubs/bar the girls were so thrilled about my game.

Then something happened. Not sure whether it was me or the people. Perhaps I realized that the city has nothing to offer apart from Saturday night and people getting drunk. Really difficult to make friends. The girls like the black guy with the Yankee hat, and blings and not the talented professional petroleum engineer.

England/London is a different story. The blacks guys there are good, but not smooth. Lots of black population; so I won't recommend it. A few times I have been there, the females just like to get wasted. WASTED. WASTED. I won't recommend England. Glasgow or Maybe Edinburgh. But I guess if u really got game, nothing is impossible.

Aberdeen is a fun city; but not a place to live. I believe Glasgow might be better. But then, they all say it is greener on the otherside.

Scotland or Wales?

Quote:Quote:

Any member's got good input on this? I believe Alchemist is from Glasgow, and would appreciate his input. If Scotland is that good I'll tear through that place like King Edward I.

Yep, Glasgow boy born and bred. I was wondering when my home town would get a mention on this place. I'll fill you in as well as I can on Glasgow and on Scotland in general.

Scotland overview
Scotland is a small country which can be split into three main geographical areas: the Highlands (very sparsely populated with some of the most stunning scenery in Europe), the central belt (home to 80% of the population) and the southern uplands (mostly rural and very pretty, but not as impressive as the Highlands). The biggest and best-known cities are Glasgow and Edinburgh, which are very different in a number of ways. Scotland has infamously bad weather with dull, rainy, windy days being the norm, although I find our spring and short summer very pleasant.

Money
For anyone who doesn't know, we use the British pound along with the rest of the U.K. Prices (especially for most things a tourist would want) are generally speaking on a par with most of western Europe, but are noticably cheaper than ultra-expensive cities like London and Paris. Edinburgh and Aberdeen tend to be the most expensive cities.

Typical prices (conversions to dollars are approximate):
Dorm bed in hostel: £12-20 ($19-32)
City centre taxi ride in Glasgow or Edinburgh: £3-5 ($5-8)
Beer in local pub: £2-3 ($3.50-5)
Beer/spirit and mixer in fancy nightclub: £4 ($6.50)
Club entry: £5-10 ($8-16)
Pack of 20 cigarettes: £5 ($8)
Fast food, e.g. fish and chips: £4 ($6.50)
Meal in decent quality (but not ridiculously expensive) restaurant: £12-15 ($19-24)
If drugs are your thing, a quarter ounce of weed should cost £40 ($64) and a gram of coke is about the same. Ecstacy, depending on strength/purity, ranges from £3/$5 to £12/$20.

What to see and do
I have no idea how long you're here for, so plan your itinerary accordingly. I've by no means seen the whole of Scotland but have a fairly decent knowledge of much of it.

As far as cities go, Edinburgh and Glasgow are your only "must-sees". If you only have time for one, go to Edinburgh (and I'm a Glasgow boy so I'm not biased). It's a stunning city with beautiful architecture and loads of famous sights you can read about on Wikitravel or Lonely Planet, but is also very touristy. Glasgow on the other hand has far fewer sights but is more cosmopolitan, less tourity and gives you more of a feel for the real Scotland. It's said that people are also friendlier in Glasgow but I think a better word would be "open"; people in Edinburgh generally have a more reserved demeanour which can be misconstrued as coldness. Our other main cities are Aberdeen, Dundee and Inverness - none have that much to see but as a foreigner you might get more attention there from local girls who aren't quite so used to outsiders. Another nice place is Stirling, especially if you're into history. It's the former capital and most of the events depicted in Braveheart took place around it. Don't know much about the nightlife but it is a student town so might be a good place to meet girls at night.

You should also check out rural Scotland. It's hard to recommend a single place - the Western Isles, the Southern Uplands, Loch Ness, the Cairngorms, Perthshire, Caithness, Royal Deesside and more besides are all stunning. Many city hostels organise excursions to these kinds of places, but if you go independently you can find cheap accomodation here: http://www.syha.org.uk/home.aspx. The best thing to do is check out the places I mentioned on Google Images, see where you fancy the most and head there for a few days. You can go hillwalking, fishing, sailing, shooting, skiing, go to a whisky distillery or just chill out in a country pub. You'll love it.

Scottish girls and getting laid
The first time I went round Eastern Europe and Latin America, I came home with a "Scottish girls are ugly" mentality. Now I've looked at it more objectively, I'd say that you do get some really hot girls here, but you need to know where to go to get big numbers of them. The average white Scottish girl you see in the street is about a 5, although if you go to the right nightclub the odds are far better. The Scottish diet is appalling, with lots of deep fried food, and consequently we are the second-fattest nation on earth after the US, so sadly you see far more fatties than in countries like Poland and Latvia where girls don't live on kebabs and chips. I wouldn't say there is a particularly distinct "Scottish look" - most Scottish girls would be interchangeable with English, Irish, Canadian, Australian or American girls - but red hair and pale complexions are common here, and it's not unusual to see a stunning redhead.

Edinburgh has many foreign girls (both students and tourists) whilst Glasgow is now pretty cosmopolitan with girls of all colours. Really small towns (e.g. up in the Highlands) can be a hit or a miss. Upmarket bars and clubs are nonexistent and most young people move away for university at the first opportunity. If you happen to be in a small town when there's a dance in the local hall and all the students are home for the holidays, the chances of you getting laid are pretty damn high, but don't go to these places for the girls.

Attitude-wise, Scottish girls are as liberal as in the rest of western Europe or North America, and one night stands are just as common. Scots are big drinkers and inhibitions are considerably lowered after 1 a.m. The general rules of game you'd use on other western women apply here, but I'd play up the fact that you're foreign, particularly if you go outside of Glasgow or Edinburgh. Bear in mind that 90% of Scottish guys use alcohol as a crutch and don't have much game. When I'm out, I generally hit the club quite early, as it's filling up (between 11:30 and midnight). I'll get a drink with my friends and have a good time and then work my way around talking to girls. Later in the night, as well as doing more cold approaches, you'll find that the girls you talked to earlier are very receptive to you, especially if you made a good impression earlier.

Glasgow specifics
Unsurprisingly, Glasgow is the city I know best within Scotland. If you want more specifics on things to see and do, shops, restaurants etc, just ask and I'll be happy to let you know. I'll just cover the necessary basics here though.

Glasgow is not a particularly touristy city and therefore the hostel scene here is poor compared to Edinburgh. My Israeli friend stayed here: http://www.euro-hostels.co.uk but found it cold, without atmosphere and difficult to meet people. This place looks nicer, but is a bit out of the way: http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails...sgow/11809

The nightlife here is undoubtedly the best in Scotland and one of the best in the UK. You have something for everyone here and it's spread out over several areas. One important thing to note is that Glasgow's bouncers are notorious for being pricks - they have the worst attitude of any I've encountered in the UK and abroad. Therefore, it's sensible to go into clubs quite early so if you're rejected from a couple for dubious reasons you can keep your options open. Don't go up with a large group of guys - you won't get it. If possible, go in a mixed male/female group. I often wear a T-shirt and trainers when out, but if you're unsure of the dress code where you're going, stick to shirt and shoes to be safe.

The main nightlife areas are:
* Sauchiehall Street - young student crowd, mostly cheesy music. Clubs here are meat markets and easy to pull.
* Bath Street - lots of underground bars, ranging in quality. Some are pre-club places; others are busy until 3am. Girls here are mostly decent.
* Merchant City - an older (30-plus) mostly white-collar professional crowd. Lots of faux Irish pubs and pretentious bars. Not my favourite place, but definitely THE place to go if you want older women.
* Royal Exchange Square/Buchanan Street - home to Glasgow's biggest posers, with more sparkly T-shirts, diamond stud earrings and fake tan than you can shake a stick at. Venues here are good if you can ignore the posers. Girls around here are generally pretty hot, but some can be quite shallow and looking for a pro-footballer to pick them up.
* West End - another of Glasgow's more "upmarket" areas with lots of young professionals and posh students. Ashton Lane has some nice pubs but I'm not a fan of the clubs along here.
* Arches/Sub Club - not an area, but the names of two famous electro clubs which are both close to Central Station. Arguably the best clubs in Glasgow if you like electronic music, but people here are very into their music and drugs, and you get hotter girls elsewhere.

Off the top of my head, I'd recommend the following bars and clubs for decent girls: Bamboo, The Garage, Karbon, Byblos, Common, Bunker, Kushion, The Loft, The Social. There are more, but these places tend to have a consistently decent quality of girls.

You can check out their websites to have a closer look, or ask me if you want more specifics (crowd, age range, music, location, prices, dress code etc). Also, the above venues are all relatively mainstream. There are other places I'd recommend if you have some kind of niche/specific look, but you'll need to let me know.

Hope all this has helped!! If you need any more info, just ask.

Scotland or Wales?

You snuck that on in on me Alchemist. I missed it somehow. Anyway, huge +1 from me. This is one of the better data sheets I've seen.

Guys do drink a lot in the U.K. Staying relatively sober increased the chances of getting laid exponentially. Or not screaming out "OY, fucking cunt!" LOL. This was mostly in England though. Girls would peg me being American instantly which made that much easier. Well, a few came up just to talk shit.

This info definitely keeps Scotland on the list.

Scotland or Wales?

Cardiff is supposed to be a fantastic party town, where the people really get dressed up for a night out. The women dress pretty outrageous I have heard, a friend of mine did well in a place called Newport Wales.

Do not forget Catherine Zeta-Jones is from Wales.

I would only go to Scotland for the Whisky....[Image: smile.gif]

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Scotland or Wales?

Quote: (03-05-2011 02:42 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Cardiff is supposed to be a fantastic party town, where the people really get dressed up for a night out. The women dress pretty outrageous I have heard, a friend of mine did well in a place called Newport Wales.

Do not forget Catherine Zeta-Jones is from Wales.

I would only go to Scotland for the Whisky....[Image: smile.gif]

I've been to Wales twice, Cardiff and Wrexham (north Wales). Cardiff is small for a capital city...15 minutes drive and you're in the wilderness. It's got pretty decent nightlife but honestly nothing unique compared to similar-sized cities in the UK. Same with Wrexham, although you might get extra kudos for being an out-of-towner. Welsh girls in general don't look that much different from other British/Irish girls...you get a few stunners, some decent ones and a lot of average/ugly ones.

Scotland or Wales?

Quote: (03-05-2011 11:22 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

You snuck that on in on me Alchemist. I missed it somehow. Anyway, huge +1 from me. This is one of the better data sheets I've seen.

Guys do drink a lot in the U.K. Staying relatively sober increased the chances of getting laid exponentially. Or not screaming out "OY, fucking cunt!" LOL. This was mostly in England though. Girls would peg me being American instantly which made that much easier. Well, a few came up just to talk shit.

This info definitely keeps Scotland on the list.

No problem man. If you need anything more send me a PM, or tell me what time of year you're coming so I can recommend specific things, e.g. the Edinburgh Festival.

Scotland or Wales?

Im heading to scotland in a few weeks. I'm looking at about 17 days... to those familiar with the area: Is this too much time to spend just in scotland? Should I try to spend some time on the continent as well, and would that even be feasible?

Any other tips for a solo 25 yo male traveler would be appreciated!

Scotland or Wales?

If your game is tight, u get laid like a He-goat in Scotland. Which city are u coming too. I live in Aberdeen. In Aberdeen a lot of the women are sluts. It is like it is cool to be a slut. Women travel from small small villages to come shag guys overhere. But you gotta be careful. Aberdeen is a small town. There are tons of guys with tons of money.

Scotland or Wales?

17 days isn't too much time at all, there's a lot to see. The only cities really worth checking out are Edinburgh and Glasgow and maybe Inverness then I'd head up North to the highlands, loch ness etc. Aberdeen is horrible IMO, really dull, grey city that smells of fish. Leonidas talks about villager girls, don't get the idea that these are exotic good looking chicks, they'll all be retarded, ugly girls with a small town mentality, all the pretty and / or intelligent girls leave their shitty village at the first possible chance. Aberdeen is hardly the big city with bright lights either, it's dull.

Edinburgh is a must visit, lots to see and do, tons of history & culture, good night life, restaurants, bars, clubs, live music, comedy & film, pretty scenery and very picturesque. Lots of women from all over Europe here, tons of students too.

Scotland or Wales?

Reviving this thread to see if there is any updated info from anybody.

I'll be in Scotland and Northern Ireland in a couple months. I'll probably be in Scotland for roughly a week (Thursday-Wednesday) and Northern Ireland from Thursday-Monday. I'll stick to Scotland here and bring up N.I. in the Dublin thread or something similar.

This is the gist I've gotten so far.
-Edinburgh is the place to sight see.
-Aberdeen has mixed reviews.
-Smaller town, such as Inverness where I plan on going, could be good for a foreigner.
-Glasgow is not quite as nice as Edinburgh, but has a better nightlife.

I'll have one full weekend so I have to narrow down my focus a little. I'm not going solely just to try and get a flag, I want to see the country too. I plan on going to Inverness and I'd like to try and go there for at least one weekend night and see if being a foreigner can get me anything there on short notice. Alchemist gave an excellent data sheet on Glasgow, but I see myself sightseeing and spending part of the weekend in Edinburgh and see Glasgow during the week.

So. Does anyone have any info on Edinburgh or Inverness?

Scotland or Wales?

Quote: (01-12-2014 12:18 PM)Doctor Wrote:  

So. Does anyone have any info on Edinburgh or Inverness?

I live in Aberdeen, and it's not worth more than a day or 2 to max, especially considering the cost of accommodation.
@AlbertoDelMuerto last year skipped it while travelling around Scotland just because of this reason.

Inverness is bit far away from rest of Scottish cities, so take travel time factor into account while making plans. Till last year at least pubs/clubs had entry restriction till 12'O clock, so need to check if it is still enforced, if you are going for night-game?

Scotland or Wales?

Also from Aberdeen, however; Glasgow boy born and sumwhat raised.

Inverness isn't worth your time. Trust me on this. Aberdeen is good for maybe 2 or 3 nights if you get yourself out and experience differnet places. I'd say your best luck is to hit up Glasgow and Edinburgh. But i feel Glasgow is a far better night out than Edinburgh and much friendlier. Maybe i am biased because i am from there. But I'd hit Glasgow, plenty of places to go and see including during the day.

Scotland or Wales?

Thanks guys. Sounds like Aberdeen is a pass. I'll probably still go to Inverness, but not on the weekend. Just so I can at least see the highlands and Loch Ness maybe.

I think you guys have convinced me on Glasgow. Seems like everyone vouches for it and that is the one that I have the most data on. Maybe I'll do Glasgow for the weekend and then see Edinburgh during the week.

@KoolChampion: what's the pub entry restriction till 12 o'clock? I can't find anything on google.