rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Online dating tips for SEA

Hey, I will soon be traveling to SEA the Philippines and will teach English in Cambodia... I have scout the phone dating app abd have sent out about 30 messages to good looking chicks in the Philippine around Cebu and have surprisingly gotten very low interest... same thing for Cambodia... I just assumed it would be easier online...but it's similar to the state's judging by scout....now I used to live near a town full of Philipinos in Taiwan of all places and did well with the Philippine as I met at their local clubs/bars there...never any beauty queen s though...I am surprised at the resistance on scout....perhaps I should be using another dating site??? I'd like to do some pipe lining in the Phil's before I go....even though I'm sure real life will be easier but would like to hit the ground running and with the hottest locals possible.

WTF is Scout? If you're in the Philippines, Filipino Cupid is the way to go. If you're broke use Date in Asia, but FC is seriously, SERIOUSLY worth the $20 bucks a month. I have no experience with Cambodia, but I wouldn't imagine it's a good place for pulling.

You don't need to pipeline. Just join the site when you land, or a day or two before. You can have dates lined up very quickly.

Can you chat only once and set up the date for the next or even same day from your experience?

"I used to live near a town full of Philipinos in Taiwan
s I met at their local clubs/bars there."

What bars and clubs did you meet in?

What city? Taipei or another?

I would like to go.

Quote: (05-02-2014 09:30 AM)kentucker4 Wrote:  

Can you chat only once and set up the date for the next or even same day from your experience?

Usually you don't chat only once. You send a couple messages back and forth, then the girl gives you her #, usually you'll end up talking on WhatsApp or Viber. You send a few messages back and forth and setup a meet.

Yes, same day meet and same day pulls both possible and easy here.

I don't think there is a Khmer cupid or equivalent. Vietnam cupid looks to be absolute gold, which is a shame because I have considered Cambodia after a move to Vietnam. I have basically been going on once a week or so and letting my account go on autopilot. I have 69 messages in my inbox and 240 girls interested in me. It's how I invisoned myself on Tinder in America. I will let you know how many of them actually translate to dates/bangs in the near future.

Almost forgot, try Tinder in major cities and Paktor. It's a shameless ripoff of Tinder and buggier to boot, but try using a GPS spoofer on your phone to check out girls before you arrive. There are more western backpackers on Tinder vs more locals on Paktor.

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.

Best dating tip for online dating in SEA is to be white. Or anything other then Asian if you can't swing white.

FilipinoCupid was a gold mine for me when I was in the Phils. Then I realized I didn't need online dating I could just spit day game and get the same results.

You will have the best looking girls from online dating in Manila and Cebu.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Quote: (05-02-2014 10:49 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Best dating tip for online dating in SEA is to be white. Or anything other then Asian if you can't swing white.

FilipinoCupid was a gold mine for me when I was in the Phils. Then I realized I didn't need online dating I could just spit day game and get the same results.

Limiting belief. What purpose does that belief serve? It's completely non-actionable.

Anyway. I'm Asian, pulling in the Phillies is still ridiculously easy. The Asian thing is pretty much a non-issue.

Davao isn't as good for online game, but it still works. You just have to work harder. I don't think you could pull a different girl every day or two, the way you can in Manila, but you could definitely pull a girl or two every week.

Quote: (05-02-2014 10:51 PM)JJJames Wrote:  

Quote: (05-02-2014 10:49 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Limiting belief. What purpose does that belief serve? It's completely non-actionable.

Anyway. I'm Asian, pulling in the Phillies is still ridiculously easy. The Asian thing is pretty much a non-issue.

Davao isn't as good for online game, but it still works. You just have to work harder. I don't think you could pull a different girl every day or two, the way you can in Manila, but you could definitely pull a girl or two every week.

I ment no disrespect JJJames. I don't doubt for a second that you or anyone from any ethnic background that has decent game could kill it in the Phills.

Also as a white man I pulled a different girl everyday in Davao offline [Image: biggrin.gif]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

My mileage hasn't been that great with online dating in Asia either, actually, and that includes Cambodia. I'm white.

Granted I've yet to try in BKK or the Philippines. Most places I've lived have been low-traffic.

Also, I tend to be pretty picky when I'm sober, so maybe that has something to do with it. And I've had some girls who were down to meet but I was iffy about their pics, as the couple girls I have met from offline have been disappointments.

There was one girl I met up with was damn hot in her photo - all dressed up nice and obviously moneyed. She'd just spent 10 months in the states, and when she picked me up in her car, damn had she put on some weight...

Thanks USA.

Still, it seems like I get far less of a response than I would expect. Here in Cambodia, I constantly catch women staring at me and saying how handsome I am in the local language, and then shitting their pants when I turn to them and say thanks. So the iffy results online kind of surprise me.

I've tried getting a conversation going, and I've tried to push for the meetup quick, but neither seems to do the trick. It could be that Khmer women are more conservative, and they are. But going to try a paid site soon that Fisto mentioned, as I read about a guy on another forum getting good results there.

I have had women that were interested in meeting up that were definitely bangable by standards here, judging by SEA girls I've seen posted. I threw the notch away for multiple reasons in those instances. Sometimes I may be somewhat down but not enough to work the lead consistently, and I let it fizzle out. I also avoid the obvious whores online. I figure I can get that type of thing in a bar; online, I want something more.

So I think if you're less particular and more prepared than me, you'll definitely pull some tail online. It's just not a real target-rich environment like the Phils or Bangkok (check DIA for Cambodia and it's fucking pretty barren).

Finally, it could just be that you actually need some halfway decent online game here, and I have very little experience with it. So maybe mine just sucks.

I'll post again if I have better luck with the paid site.

One last thing to the OP, though - it could also just be because you're not there. I think the hotter women in the Philippines, for instance, get a ton of messages from foreigners who don't live there and are just dreaming of going. Many mention even in their profiles that they'd rather talk with guys who are in-country. Can't say I blame them; I tend to ignore messages girls from other countries send too.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

got a few for Thailand in my sig.

Seem to be having a bit more success with hi5. Just set up my account late last night and already got a number to meet up for coffee. Not a stunner but looks cute enough. A couple other good leads already too.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Quote: (05-03-2014 03:32 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

One last thing to the OP, though - it could also just be because you're not there. ..... women ....get a ton of messages from foreigners who don't live there and are just dreaming of going....

I saw this: "I'm at {luxurious hotel in her city}, Want to come over?" work very well for me.

I'm 30+ years older then them but that worked 60% + of the time if I had established a few back and forth texts.

Quote: (05-04-2014 04:22 AM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

I saw this: "I'm at {luxurious hotel in her city}, Want to come over?" work very well for me.

I'm 30+ years older then them but that worked 60% + of the time if I had established a few back and forth texts.

haha Yeah, I'm sure that works well, but it also lends some perspective to the observations you made about Filipina women asking for handouts. Always good to keep the details of how we landed these girls in mind when we observe their actions later on, so we can avoid applying those observations to all Filipinos (or all women).

Sounds like you still managed to find a decent one though, so all's well that ends well.

I certainly won't grudge a man leveraging a nice hotel for some bjs - just have to be aware of the signals it sends and expect the consequences.

Actually, you could even use it as a way to filter out the whores if you're looking for one that's not gold digging.

After all, hard to know what they're really about if you never offer it. I'm sure most middle-aged+ guys accept there will be a financial dynamic, no matter what, but there's still a big difference between one who will show up on the spot after a nice hotel name-drop and one looking for a stable relationship with a breadwinner.

So all in all a nice trick to have up your sleeve

Beyond All Seas

Haha ... you know what's funny? I've met a couple girls here who told me they met guys online who asked them to come to their hotel. She said she didn't feel comfortable meeting at their hotel for the first time. When she asked if they could meet somewhere else, the guy got mad xD

Wonder if he was a RooshV member?

Anyway - I don't see the need to meet at your hotel. It just raises red flags. Sure some girls might go for it, but it seems like there's no need to run the risk. Just meet at a coffee shop within walking distance to your place. Coffee takes 30 minutes, then you pull. It's so easy.

^ Exactly - I could see lot of girls who were even down to shag not wanting to show up at the hotel on the spot just because they want to vet you first and make sure you're not a psycho. Or just because she wants that mid-point before she goes back so she doesn't completely have to admit to herself how easy she gave it up.

Beyond All Seas

To the OP - try changing your picture.

I changed mine last night....world of fucking difference.

This surprised me because I thought my current was pretty good and had gotten a lot of compliments on it. Even from women on dating sites.

But I think it was too serious or something and in the end it seemed to be spooking the Asian birds.

Just in one day since I changed it, I've got all these girls hitting me up. Even hotties who had completely ignored a message from me are suddenly coming back out of nowhere and drilling me with a response and enthusiastic questions.

Some wealthy middle-aged Chinese lady messaged me to come hang with her tonight for her night in PP (this is my niece's pic and I promise I'm beautiful lol), and a Khmer chick sending me updates on every leg of her journey back to PP from Thailand.

I went ahead and put that photo on all of my dating accounts now, and the same thing seems to be happening on all of them.

We'll see if it leads to banging any of the higher-quality girls I'm aiming for, but the response is definitely stronger. Lesson is that even if you're a decent-looking dude, it could be the look in your current pic is just not clicking for some reason.

Now I see why some of these chicks change their pic every day or two.

Test, test, test.

Beyond All Seas

Tip #1 be white [Image: biggrin.gif]

Quote: (05-04-2014 05:41 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Quote: (05-04-2014 04:22 AM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

haha Yeah, I'm sure that works well, but it also lends some perspective to the observations you made about Filipina women asking for handouts. Always good to keep the details of how we landed these girls in mind when we observe their actions later on, so we can avoid applying those observations to all Filipinos (or all women).

It was only in retrospect I realized the hotels were luxurious, the Marco Polo in Cebu was about the same as a Motel 6 in a major American city ( $80).

But of course as you allude to, when people make a dollar an hour, that's luxury. It wasn't really worth it to me to stay someplace for 40-50 --not save that much-- and have the facility be a good 3 notches lower in cleanliness, hardware working right, and friendliness of staff.

Quote: (05-04-2014 06:22 AM)JJJames Wrote:  

Haha ... you know what's funny? I've met a couple girls here who told me they met guys online who asked them to come to their hotel. She said she didn't feel comfortable meeting at their hotel for the first time. When she asked if they could meet somewhere else, the guy got mad xD

Wonder if he was a RooshV member?

Anyway - I don't see the need to meet at your hotel. It just raises red flags. Sure some girls might go for it, but it seems like there's no need to run the risk. Just meet at a coffee shop within walking distance to your place. Coffee takes 30 minutes, then you pull. It's so easy.

Tis from my LTR framework: There was one case of an 24 yo 8 who was like that with me, asserted how she was "different" and basically stated up front she isn't going to fuck. she was pretty westernized, wanted to wait til 27 to get married, " I want to have FUN" she told me. I didn't want to tell her that although she got attention from the hotel staff from being thin and almost Spanish looking, she was beginning to wilt already.

The hamster works the same in women worldwide, it's just that the data inputs are different. In the 3rd world there's tons of data saying that she better kiss ass or be a tragic spinster.

She agreed to meet in the lounge. Ultimately I'm not getting the 8s in Phils at my age, at least not the dinner-doggie bowl attitude I want.

I'm realizing I'd way rather have a 21yo 6.5 who is elated I'm into her than an 24 yo 8 who's calculating her upgrade odds (SATC party til you're 40 thinking is just starting to creep in) even while she's with me. Women don't age well at all in the tropics. At 27 they are two notches down from 23.
Extreme (legal) youth is much more important in the tropics. If you can get your 6 to a better pollution-free, lower-stress, higher nutrition locale, she will last longer.

Quote: (05-05-2014 04:33 AM)w00t Wrote:  

Tip #1 be white [Image: biggrin.gif]

Not always enough. As I mentioned earlier, I wasn't getting very good results online. Not what I expected. Same with OP.

And I think my results will go up even more if I get some nice threads and pull the style together a bit.

I find a lot of the online girls are shit too - these sites are swimming with women who aren't what they seem. Profile pic looks smoking but you get them on Skype or check out their pics and you are severely disappointed. Or you'll be talking with a girl you think you lowered your standards for only to find out she's ugly as fuck. For me that rains on my parade and makes it not all worthwhile - at least in the real world, I can see what I'm working with. I end up throwing back most leads that throw themselves at me.

And even the ones that are cute and doable by our standards are nothing once you measure them up against the really quality women - since we come from a world of bigger women, we see any slim thing with a pulse and decide she's hot. When you've been here for a while, you feel differently about it, especially when you take the booze out of the equation. And I assure you the really quality women are not running around online to meet up with and bang white dudes.

Can't speak for Phils (this place seems to be an unmatched universe from everything I see) - but that's how it goes on the mainland.

And as for me, I'm getting to the point where I'd rather put in the work for the quality birds if I'm going to stay out here.

Not saying you won't pull somewhat decent ass off the web, but relative to what's out here in general, what you see online is pretty mediocre. Or the hot, hot ones are sometimes on there but either not exactly eager to chat with foreigners or are out for the big bucks.

Let's not fool ourselves, quality women know their worth here just like in any other part of the world. Hell, I come across 8s on Badoo that can't even accept any more messages and on Facebook who can't accept more friend requests. You really think these girls are thirsting for a white guy to come save her? They've got rich locals lined up for miles. And even if they did fiend the white d, there are nice, classy white venues they can go to and the guys are more than willing to hit on and spend money on them.

Just a few things to keep in mind. I know we say it over and over again but while there is a ton of easy puss out here, the quality stuff is not exactly just laying back and waiting for whitey to run through, tap, and duck out either.

EDIT: When you get out here and meet me in a bar with a smoking hot, well-behaved strictly non-pro (that you met online), woot, I'll be happy to eat my words and let you tell me how it's done. Even better if you're getting more than one instead of just an outlier. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Beyond All Seas

BB my man youre right of course if youre talking about the high end calibre...

but lets be real here for a second.

"Game" in SEA... where pussy flows like water... is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Im not talking about the elusive "Hi-So" girls with milky white skin that most guys here seem to lust after... Im talking about getting laid with normal attractive, bangable, sweet girls.

you know, the kind Im pulling back home... just that I have to work a lot harder here? Its not like Im pulling playboy models back home so why would I expect that in SEA?

And all you need for that is to be a semi-young and semi-handsome white fellow and youll bang your brains out.

Especially for the philippines! If youre (OP) getting low interest there then something is way off.

Anyway Im really not interested in starting "this" discussion for the 100th time. Just a small reality check for "game" in SEA.

The Philippines and Bangkok are both in their own world, offline and online, as far as game goes in Southeast Asia. I mentioned this earlier, but it should really go without saying.

Even online dating in Chiang Mai is a world apart from Bangkok.

Bangkok is a major international hub, and Philipinnes is, well, the Philippines.

Outside of those places (and often even inside of them), if you can't see that the vast majority of girls throwing themselves at foreigners are of a lower quality, then I think we have very different perceptions about either Southeast Asian women or "quality." And no, I'm not talking about playboy models.

I'm talking about beautiful/pretty and fashionable women with their shit together, respectable social circles, and that don't freelance on the side. Highly desirable but not quite magazine-spread material.

If it's like "shooting fish in a barrel," there's no reason why white dudes would so rarely be seen with them on their arms. Unless most white guys were banging trashy, low-quality women and freelancers (whether they know it or not)...

In fact, I assert that guys who have high standards and do well with women in the Western world will actually see their results go down in SEAsia (at least until they get settled and figure it out). Because if you are picky here and like somewhat upper tier girls, there are some other hoops you have to jump through in the new culture. Some may not realize it at first because girls look a lot hotter when you first arrive - the exotic factor adds two or three points when you're feeling giddy and just got off the plane. No exxaggeration. And I think a lot of guys who have posted pics here would admit that, while they're having fun, they're not exactly running through broads that could be considered gf material either.

Don't get me wrong - good-looking guys with game can still do very well. But there is a learning curve in most places and it's not as open and shut as the tourist crowd will have you believe.

With all respect, if you really think I'm due for a reality check on Southeast Asia, you also might want to consider whether there's still more yet for your own eyes to see. I can't remember how long you spent here before, but after considerable time, the exotic factor wears off and the rose-colored glasses take on a bit of a different hue. You start to see things a bit differently - and I think most other long-term SEAsian guys would back me on this.

I don't want to break this topic wide open either, so will just leave it at that.

Beyond All Seas

I got excited by the response rate I was getting from online dating in asia and did convert some of them but overall it was a bit disappointing. Here are my takeaways.

Somewhat high flake rate - Don't count on meeting every girl who gives you her number

Myspace photo syndrome - Girls know how to pick their best angles and photos. Most of the time they look worse in person. Be especially wary if you can't see a girls teeth in any pictures haha. Girls in asia often don't have money for braces until well into their 20s.

Cultural/personality incompatibility - My guess is online dating girls often go online because they want foreigners but can't pick them up locally. This is probably because their engilsh is bad or they don't drink or frequent foreigner locations. These things will make connecting with a girl harder.

Age - You can get response from fairly young girls online (18-22) but I found shooting for this age range while it has a mystic appeal is actually worse than going after girls a bit older. The girls in their 20s are still hot, speak better english and have more freedom. Younger adults in asia still live with their parents and have curfews.

Overall I had better success and met girls I enjoyed more from picking up in real life in SEA rather than online. Especially girls that go to somewhat foreigner friendly hangouts and will have a drink tend to be the type that speak better english, have western values more (read: booze, sex, travel) and probably have more freedom from their parents.

Very true words, BB!

I start to understand the critique that I have received for my BKK trip report. There are certainly very good and hot girls online, but the majority of the girls are not the best quality, even though it may feel different at that time and can be perfect if you did just arrive from overseas or are just traveling through for a few weeks. It is an easy way to get decent bangs on a daily basis.

Also I agree that your results can go down if shooting for the top notch girls, as it is necessary to adapt to a very different cultures. But well, this is all part of the fun of living abroad and there are still lots of easy bangs available in the meanwhile.

Another thing is that these days there are much more good looking and especially young guys on asian dating sites compared to 2-3 years ago. With a bit of game it will be much easier in the real world to get the attention of a 8 or 9 than online, where they already get flooded with messages.