rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Miami Hotels

Miami Hotels

For a few days in Feb.
Any recommendations? Somewhere kind of low key, if that exists in SOBE, close to beach, good gym is ideal.

Miami Hotels

the places that are low key usually dont have a gym or much of a pool. the places w/the pimp gyms and pools like the delano or shore club cost $$$ for a 12X12 concrete block of a room. stay at a lower price hotel and either buy a gym pass or do pushups at the beach. i stayed at the carlton hotel a few years ago and it was nice enough, great location, and too expensive

carltonsouthbeach.com

Miami Hotels

This is a very cool hotel in North beach (15 minutes drive to South Beach). It is very LOW-KEY, and in a neighborhood known as little Buenos Aires. Not sure about it having a gym, but you are 100 yards from the sand, where nature intended you to train your body, not in air conditioned treadmill filled with distractions.

http://www.themimosa.com/

Mixx

Miami Hotels

Thanks Brian and Mixx. The Mimosa looks like what i was looking for. I saw some options like that in SOBE but they were either booked or too expensive.

How is N. Beach as a place to live?

Miami Hotels

Quote: (01-29-2011 03:11 PM)The_CEO Wrote:  

Thanks Brian and Mixx. The Mimosa looks like what i was looking for. I saw some options like that in SOBE but they were either booked or too expensive.

How is N. Beach as a place to live?

Awesome. I live 4 blocks from the Mimosa on the beach.

Miami Hotels

I stayed at the four points @ collins ave, not that good....

Miami Hotels

Mixx can you get by in N. Beach without a car?

Miami Hotels

Quote: (01-31-2011 12:55 PM)The_CEO Wrote:  

Mixx can you get by in N. Beach without a car?

Yeah, you can get by w/o a car, but you'll need to cab it to South Beach, or you can take a bus, which is also very good and full of latina honeys. Cab will run you about 20 bucks, and will get you to South Beach in 15 minutes, but there is plenty to do in North Beach too!

Use google maps feature that shows Public Transportation routes to get to different points. Buses are good and cheap, and again, full of girls you can run game on.

The hotel is located around a low-key non-tourist neighborhood full of women. It has very nice restaurants all around from Cuban cuisine, to Argentinean steakhouses.

MUST VISIT Argentine STEAKHOUSE: VACAS GORDAS

http://www.lasvacasgordas.com/

You can walk from the hotel you are staying, also Manolos, is a good spot to hit to gaze at some Argie eye-candy before heading out for the night.

Mixx

Miami Hotels

Mixx,

Great info as always.

Two questions for you:

1. I need a new Base of Operations in South Beach. (Here is what I mean by "Base of Operations" http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2005/09/g-m...se-of.html ) A spot that is high-end, but not stuffy, chill and user friendly. Good service, excellent vibe, and good food a plus. Full Bar preferred. For clocking girls and doing big Biz deals.

Suggestions? (No Delano, Shoreclub etc. No obvious spots. I need something kind of low pro and unique. Feel free to email me as well).

2. Can you breakdown Brickel VS North Miami girlwise, nightlifewise, user friendlywise? (I know you have broken down the spots before, I don't need that. I just need to get a feel for action ie one is more Latin, one is more snobby, one is more high end etc?

Also, which one is better suited for a young, handsome, mysterious, rich, half-Spanish, half-Irish, well traveled Custom Suited Down Playboy with a rock solid track record like myself?

I need to be making some outside of South Beach moves as well on the low-pro tip.

No pressure, but I am playing for Big Stakes here, and I know you are the man to give me the answers to what I need. These answers could be life and death for the kid. Again, no pressure.

Thanks my brother.

Miami Hotels

Quote: (01-31-2011 04:16 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Mixx,

Great info as always.

Two questions for you:

1. I need a new Base of Operations in South Beach. (Here is what I mean by "Base of Operations" http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2005/09/g-m...se-of.html) A spot that is high-end, but not stuffy, chill and user friendly. Good service, excellent vibe, and good food a plus. Full Bar preferred. For clocking girls and doing big Biz deals.

Suggestions? (No Delano, Shoreclub etc. No obvious spots. I need something kind of low pro and unique. Feel free to email me as well).

Your link is broken, but still, I have two great options for you that fit exactly what you described, and do not have the high foot traffic of the Delano. They're what I consider - low-key suited-player spots for business and play in one package.

1. http://www.acqualinaresort.com/ --- The pictures on the website is what you get - high class all the way, without the pretentious snobs of Delano.

2. http://www.oneluxuryhotels.com/index.html

If those 2 do not do it for you, I don't know what will. [Image: smile.gif]

2. Can you breakdown Brickel VS North Miami girlwise, nightlifewise, user friendlywise? (I know you have broken down the spots before, I don't need that. I just need to get a feel for action ie one is more Latin, one is more snobby, one is more high end etc?

There is no comparison, Brickell is the spot for you. North Miami is just a residential community with girls who cannot appreciate a man in a fine suit with a taste for fine Cuban cigars. Brickell - hands down!

Also, which one is better suited for a young, handsome, mysterious, rich, half-Spanish, half-Irish, well traveled Custom Suited Down Playboy with a rock solid track record like myself?

Brickell...no doubt.

I need to be making some outside of South Beach moves as well on the low-pro tip.

No pressure, but I am playing for Big Stakes here, and I know you are the man to give me the answers to what I need. These answers could be life and death for the kid. Again, no pressure.

Thanks my brother.

I did not even break a sweat. This is Mixx you signaled, not an amateur.

Mixx

Miami Hotels

Mixx throws a combo and lands it and scores the KO!

Link now works: http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2005/09/g-m...se-of.html Either way, you knew exactly what I was thinking. I sometimes wonder if we share some common blood from back in the day in Spain.

Both of those places fit what I need to a T, however, do you have anything in South Beach? (One looks like Sunny Isles and the other is Bal Harbor, correct?)

Duly noted on Brickell. Brickell it is.

"I did not even break a sweat. This is Mixx you signaled, not an amateur."

I knew you were a cool customer. The mark of a true Playboy.

100 rep points for you on this one.

Miami Hotels

@G - Setai too mainstream for what you're looking for? Its a little less riff raffy then Delano and Shoreclub but still in SoBe and right on the beach

Miami Hotels

Brian,

Nice call. I always forget about that place. That could maybe work.

Not to throw another caveat into this thing but do either of you remember Table 8 (the original was in LA) from a few years ago at the end of Ocean? I had that spot locked like Fort Knox (both locations, I may add).

Something like that would be perfection. Slightly low-pro, good grinds, smoking, cocktails, some fly girls, but chill. Or like Mixx said "low-key suited-player spots for business and play in one package."

Do we have a match?

Miami Hotels

if you're thinking more restaurant then club what about Prime 112?

Miami Hotels

there's a smith and wollensky at 1 ocean drive thats pretty pimp also - away from the tourist crowd where you can watch the boats go by

Miami Hotels

Ok, there is this cozy, low-key boutique hotel about 100yds form the beach right on South Beach. You can walk to 5th & Ocean where the action starts. It is very cool, trendy, and classy - granted not as huge as the Delano/Setai (Which is what you don't want), but true player status nonetheless.

I stay at Prime all the time, whenever I want to "wow" my business clients and a top Colombian Model I'm banging when she's in town.

http://primehotelmiami.com/

Then you can also opt to stay in Brickell if that is where you will primarily hunt.

http://www.viceroymiami.com/

MIxx

Miami Hotels

Is Prime Hotel correlated w/Prime 112?

Miami Hotels

Perfecto amigos.

Yeah, Prime 112/Prime Hotel fit the bill better than OJ's glove. (Not sure why I wasn't thinking Prime 112, as I love that place. Could be a little too hectic and crowded, but it will work).

Viceroy in Brickell is perfect as well. Plus, I got the one in Santa Monica locked up so this one should be a snap as well.

All star thread we got going here.

Miami Hotels

I need to get back down there soon, this thread has me nostalgic, especially this time of year

Miami Hotels

Thanks for the tips
From the frying pan (BA) into the fire (Miami)

Miami Hotels

Quote: (01-31-2011 06:03 PM)Brian Wrote:  

Is Prime Hotel correlated w/Prime 112?

Yeah, its the same one. Directly across the street form Hilton Bentley Hotel.

Incredible location! Walking distance to everything in SoBe.

Mixx

Miami Hotels

Quote: (01-31-2011 05:57 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Ok, there is this cozy, low-key boutique hotel about 100yds form the beach right on South Beach. You can walk to 5th & Ocean where the action starts. It is very cool, trendy, and classy - granted not as huge as the Delano/Setai (Which is what you don't want), but true player status nonetheless.

I stay at Prime all the time, whenever I want to "wow" my business clients and a top Colombian Model I'm banging when she's in town.

http://primehotelmiami.com/

Then you can also opt to stay in Brickell if that is where you will primarily hunt.

http://www.viceroymiami.com/

MIxx

I stayed at Viceroy Miami. It's a beautiful property but the service is horrible. We didn't have soap or shampoo in our room so I call and let the front desk know. 5 minutes later a maid shows up without shampoo or soap, just to check that I'm not a coplete moron and the soap and shampoo aren't actually in the room. That's bad service right there, but whatever, no big deal as long as I get my shampoo and soap to take a shower. Well, 45 minutes goes by and I have to call the front desk again. By now it's 10:30pm and I still haven't showered to go out. Finally we get the soap and shampoo after an hour. When we go to check out in the morning, the front desk agent hands my friend the wrong folio. My friend corrects her, and she starts telling us how it's been a long week and basically how much she hates her job. She sees my friend is staying at a discounted rate since he works for a Viceroy somewhere else. She asks what he does there and he tells her he works Vallet. She responds, "Maybe you can teach our vallet a thing or two starting with English." Wow, I don't give a shit, but she said it right in front of 10 other guests who might have. You never speak bad about the company you work for. I couldn't believe the service at such a nice place.