rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Going to Helsinki for 2 years (& Stockholm)

Hello there -

I'm an American in my mid 20s and I'm going to Finland for a Masters program in Helsinki. I actually wanted to go to Stockholm but I wasn't accepted to the school that I wanted to go to in Sweden so my plan is to apply for a PhD in Sweden once I'm done in Finland. I also want to move to Sweden (or Finland) permanently, mainly because I'm not too happy in the US (I don't want to get into this part).

Background: Black/Brown hair, light brown eyes, olive/wheat colored skin, wavy hair, 5'10", athletic build (not the avg American fatty). Looks wise, I would say that I'm an 8. I don't do too bad with girls but I have a huge disadvantage, namely that I HATE clubs and bars. I've been to 2 in my entire adult life and I can't stand the loud music and the crowds. I'm the type of guy that would rather spend time talking over dinner or Saturday brunch rather than dancing. So, I feel more comfortable in the school type setting where you have an excuse to meet up (this is the end result of my original disadvantage and perhaps my main one). So, I have no bar/club game.

Again, my goal is to pick up girls in Helsinki but not just for one night. Ideally, I would like to marry a Swede or Finn and live in Scandinavia forever (a marriage of convenience so I can get a visa). But I also want to have fun! So, when I get there, I also want to hook up with various chicks until I find someone to help me or who knows, maybe even Mrs. Perfect:tall, slim, beautiful blonde.

I've read the thread on Helsinki and the 4 threads on Sweden but I need help with my case, given my disadvantage.
1. Has anyone done what I'm planning on doing, especially in the Nordic countries? Meaning, staying long term?
2. Roosh's strategy for Finland was 1. Go to Milliklub 2. Drink 3. Approach 4. Don't be cocky/arrogant 5. Hump.
Can I modify this to my disadvantage and how? Meaning, if Finns are shy and need tons of alcohol to let loose, will I HAVE to go to bars/clubs? No daytime opportunities?
3. Does anyone have friends in Helsinki? The goal is to make friends in school, of course, but I'm not sure if I'll find other guys who are after what I'm after.

If you have done proper research....you would know that Miliclub is not the place to go to anymore. It's a sausagefest.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Quote: (04-12-2014 09:20 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

If you have done proper research....you would know that Miliclub is not the place to go to anymore. It's a sausagefest.

Are there any updates on the places to go?

I don't see hating clubs or bars as a disadvantage at all.

Just meet them at the supermarket, for example, and take them for a walk and a coffee.

You'll meet them with way less makeup, less heels, low shields and without the cockblocking friends to distract.

You will start with the stock female in daylight.

"The ordinary man plods through the dark world with his lantern turned on the things he wants; the man of genius sees the world by the light of the sun."
Arthur Schopenhauer

PS: Get earplugs if you have to go to bar or club.

Relax relax! I've got good news for you.
Night club game is not only way to go beneath the skirts of Finnish girls. Sure, it makes things easier when they are drunk as a skunk.

Finnish girls has an reputation to be shy. But I would say that Finnish girls are very open for daygame. They are easy to approach and they usually respond in a friendly, polite and honest way.
Finns might be the most honest people in the world. You might bump into a few shy ones, but if it not going anywhere just move on to a new target.

As a foreigner you'll have exotic value even though Helsinki is boiling with foreigners.
Finnsih girls digs foreign guys,this should not be underestimated.
Go outside Helsinki and it's not impossible that you can achive rock star status.
I have seen this with my own eyes when sleazy British, Aussies and Dutch guys who works on ships hit the bars once they have a night off. They got unreal attention only because they spoke English loudly.
They werent even dressed up.

I think that Roosh also had good experience with daygaming Finnish girls.
Check out his Helsinki Diaries.

Good luck, I think you'll do good if you have the right mindset.

Quote: (04-13-2014 02:20 AM)Chaos Wrote:  

Go outside Helsinki and it's not impossible that you can achive rock star status.
I have seen this with my own eyes when sleazy British, Aussies and Dutch guys who works on ships hit the bars once they have a night off. They got unreal attention only because they spoke English loudly.

Thanks for the info. Are you from Helsinki? Also, do you know anything about Vasa? I had an opportunity to go there and I will probably go there for a semester to see what it's like.

By coincidence, I was watching El Infierno on Netflix and I noticed your avatar. Funnnny.

If you're actually going to be there for two years, in school no less, and thinking about marriage in Scandinavia, arguably hell on earth for a red pill man, and this isn't a troll post, two words

SOCIAL CIRCLE

This ain't some ten day jag where you're trying to play capture the flag.

WIA

Quote: (04-13-2014 08:36 PM)RogerThat Wrote:  

By coincidence, I was watching El Infierno on Netflix and I noticed your avatar. Funnnny.

No se pase de verga plebe, nadie se mete con el cochiloco!

[Image: banana.gif]

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Quote: (04-13-2014 08:55 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

If you're actually going to be there for two years, in school no less, and thinking about marriage in Scandinavia, arguably hell on earth for a red pill man, and this isn't a troll post, two words

SOCIAL CIRCLE

This ain't some ten day jag where you're trying to play capture the flag.

WIA

I swear I'm not trolling. I don't know what kind of people I'll meet at school yet so I figure I'd get the ball rolling now. I'm going to be in a new country where I won't know anyone. I can't really open up to other guys I'll just meet. The beauty of this forum is that everyone here is like-minded and of course the internet gives me anonymity to ask make certain requests.

I really want to live in one of the Nordic countries and it would be great if I could land a hot Nordic blonde. But I also need to plan for contingencies...so any advice from Finns, Swedes, or people who've been to Finland or Sweden would be greatly appreciated.

How can you say you want to marry a Swede when you have never been there.
If you are an 8, it should be no problem for you. (Sarcasm)

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (04-13-2014 07:05 PM)RogerThat Wrote:  

Thanks for the info. Are you from Helsinki? Also, do you know anything about Vasa? I had an opportunity to go there and I will probably go there for a semester to see what it's like.

No, I'm not.
Vaasa is a pretty big "student city" but not a big city. It attracts a lot of foreigners from every corner of the world. As long as you're not hitting it up during the summer break it should be worth it, a lot of stuff for students is going on.
Vaasa is in the Swedish speaking part of Finland so therefore it is a lot of Swedish talking people. Foreign students tend to like this place...

Quote: (04-13-2014 09:26 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

How can you say you want to marry a Swede when you have never been there.

My type: tall, slim & fit, beautiful, blonde with blue or grey eyes. Chances are that I'll find her in Finland, Norway, or Sweden, don't you think? I have other reasons for wanting to move to these countries but I REALLY don't want to get into economics or sociology.

Quote: (04-13-2014 09:26 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

If you are an 8, it should be no problem for you. (Sarcasm)

I've been told that I'm an 8 more than once; that wasn't my ego talking. One other problem that I have is that I'm quite shallow. Unlike other guys, given an option to fuck a 6, 7 or not fuck at all, I would choose the latter. I may not be a 9 or 10 but wouldn't it be awesome to catch one? (not sarcasm)

Helsinki is going to be tough for daygame.

I found the women there more open to talking to me at nightlife venues than the malls or streets.

Stockholm girls are more likely to be your ideal type than Helsinki.

Finnsih girls digs foreign guys,this should not be underestimated.

Quote: (04-14-2014 03:06 PM)Courage Reborn Wrote:  

Stockholm girls are more likely to be your ideal type than Helsinki.

Given these two pieces of info, do you know if the girls that go after non-Finns are actually fit/good looking or are the obese Finnish girls the ones who are desperate for foreigners? I searched for girls in Helsinki on OK Cupid and the girls in there are quite plump.

Courage - are you saying that most of the girls in Helsinki are on the fatter side and that the stereotypical Nordic girl that I want is indeed Swedish?

^How can anyone answer those questions. For every guy that likes a place there are two more who will say it is overrated.

You will be in school, so no doubt you will have a chance to make some friends.

I wouldn't go with huge expectations!

Our New Blog:

Quote: (04-14-2014 07:30 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

^How can anyone answer those questions. For every guy that likes a place there are two more who will say it is overrated.

You will be in school, so no doubt you will have a chance to make some friends.

I wouldn't go with huge expectations!

Oh, I don't know, maybe because Chaos is in Finland and I am not so any info he can give me would be helpful [Image: tard.gif] Given your last two posts, you obviously have nothing constructive to add so feel free not to reply (you don't have to read this thread, you can ignore it).

This is a dumb thread by another newbie looking info but not sharing any.

Our New Blog:

Quote: (04-14-2014 06:45 PM)RogerThat Wrote:  

Given these two pieces of info, do you know if the girls that go after non-Finns are actually fit/good looking or are the obese Finnish girls the ones who are desperate for foreigners? I searched for girls in Helsinki on OK Cupid and the girls in there are quite plump.

Online dating sites don't give an accurate portrayal of the local talent. Best thing to do is step on the ground and see for yourself. I'm not a native nor have I traveled throughout Finland but I can tell you that Helsinki has a mix of everything, from the type of girls you describe to hipsters, careerists, traditional girls, freaky girls, blonde girls, raven girls, skinny girls, fat girls, even Spanish girls.

I liked the Finnish people and maybe it was just Helsinki, but I get the feeling the so-called "problems" you're trying to run away from in the USA won't disappear in Finland. There's a big fat Mcdonald's in the center of Helsinki that's not unpopular.

There are plenty of girls that like to have fun and that means going out, dancing, drinking. Chaos mentioned the 'sleazy' westerners being ostentatious doing well and I've seen easy frat style hookups in Helsinki (also saw some harsh blowouts). But I'm guessing that's not the 'type' you'd go for anyway since you're not a nightlife guy.

If you're going to be in a uni setting, take WIA's advice and develop a social circle, especially if you want to date medium to long term. Finland is not a big country and going guns ablazing in the daytime won't be the best way. I randomly became part of two social circles by the middle of my one week there, literally not even trying.

I dabbled in daygame but didn't have enough time to get anything going. I don't know if the RoK article created a backlash or had a sampling bias because I met several Finnish girls who wanted to legit date and were asking if I was living in Finland long term.

If you decide to take the program and dabble in the language; I think you'll be fine. Finns take education seriously and a foreigner getting a master's while making an effort to learn the language will be a welcome experience.

Good points Unbowed. Just don't overthink or overhype the situation
Go with the flow and see were it takes you.

Quote: (04-14-2014 10:07 PM)unbowed Wrote:  

Online dating sites don't give an accurate portrayal of the local talent. Best thing to do is step on the ground and see for yourself. I'm not a native nor have I traveled throughout Finland but I can tell you that Helsinki has a mix of everything, from the type of girls you describe to hipsters, careerists, traditional girls, freaky girls, blonde girls, raven girls, skinny girls, fat girls, even Spanish girls.

Excellent!

I agree with this in principle but when I browse Match or OKC for girls in NYC, I see many good looking girls. Perhaps it is also due to a smaller population in Helsinki.

Quote: (04-14-2014 10:07 PM)unbowed Wrote:  

If you're going to be in a uni setting, take WIA's advice and develop a social circle, especially if you want to date medium to long term. Finland is not a big country and going guns ablazing in the daytime won't be the best way. I randomly became part of two social circles by the middle of my one week there, literally not even trying.

You're right about this too. I can't develop a negative reputation right away.

Keep in mind that using dating sites might not give the right picture.
I would say that Finns are still somewhat conservative about using dating sites and not very popular.

The normal viewpoint here in
Finland on dating sites is that it's shameful and mainly for loosers who use it like a last resort if they can't find a girl on any other way.

Where I live people will get mocked bigtime if they get caught using such sites.
Even if a couple has been married for 10 years people will be like " look what a fool,he's still together with that bitch he found on the internet"

I don't know but people seem to find online dating highly unatural.

Quote: (04-14-2014 08:35 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Canadians supplanting Americans as international assholes? What's the world coming to?

I just found out about this forum while searching for exactly this type of info. Now that I'm a member, I'll be sure to add my experience when I'm there.

Quote: (04-14-2014 11:54 PM)RogerThat Wrote:  

Quote: (04-14-2014 08:35 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Canadians supplanting Americans as international assholes? What's the world coming to?

I just found out about this forum while searching for exactly this type of info. Now that I'm a member, I'll be sure to add my experience when I'm there.

Yo, Tone it down. Remember, you're new here, you're still a guest. You don't go into someone's house and Shit all over their carpet. Don't do it here.

You can ask questions, but if someone says something that rubs you the wrong way DON'T RESPOND to it. There's likely reasons a lot of people here have for looking at you strange. I'd advise you to do a lot more lurking to get to know the culture of this space before you go out guns blazing. Try some searching, Think about buying Roosh's BANG book(s).

Make sure you don't "delegate up" (google it please).

Its great when new people come and want to share ask questios (which is sharing in its own way) but I think you need to slow down. As I can asure you, if you go to finland and act how you did in this thread, you're going to have a lot of problems. You have lots of time, chill and take some time to look around.

Also, Look up "Pipelining" (forum search) This can help you get a jump start when you get to Finland(mostly through the internet).

Isaiah 4:1

If you wanna get laid now in sweden depending of what kind of women your looking for it all goes down to where your venues are. For the average swedish girl i would recommend daygaming they tend to give out numbers fairly quickly in my experience but that doesent mean they will anwser it. higher tier girls usally is all about social circles or daygaming havent hade any luck with those yey. if your not pulling any blonde ice queens you can always go for the persian girls here but all i can say that most of who i have met are gorgous be wary some can be a bit bitchy though but the majority that i have met are pretty down to earth
If you want any specific information on stockholm feel free to ask. Lived here my whole life but i am moving away from this place soon