rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Congressional Research Service – great primers on contemporary issues

If people are interested in getting relevant background information on important contemporary topics (e.g. Syria, Ukraine, the sequester), I highly recommend reading the Congressional Research Service issue briefs.

They typically provide pretty unbiased relevant information that leaves you with the basic understanding and issues of today’s most important topics. What really sets them apart is the non-technical, easy-to-understand language they use. I’ve heard this is because of their below-average customer: U.S. Senators and Congressmen.

CRS doesn’t directly release their reports to the public (the reports are written for Congress), but you can typically find them floating around somewhere on the Internet. I typically use the following site:

http://fpc.state.gov/c18185.htm

Used some of them myself when in university. Agree they seem to be a pretty good source for information, generally easy to skim through.

Thanks for the link there, I may read some of those.

tweet me or check my blog

Thanks OP, there was something on the Chinese navy, curious what the implications are down the road as they continue to try and become a global seapower.

Nice share!

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Excellent source of information. Thank you for sharing this on the forum!

If you are going to impose your will on the world, you must have control over what you believe.

Data Sheet Minneapolis / Data Sheet St. Paul / Data Sheet Northern MN/BWCA / Data Sheet Duluth