rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Solid venues in Los Angeles

Hello, first post. Pretty new to lurking here, and new to PUA/game etc etc. Very interesting and obviously, I wish I'd found this shit when I was about 16. Hell, 14.

Whenever I hear a lot of generalizing rants about the decline of night game/club game etc, I find myself relating much of it to where I've lived for the past 10 years: L.A. I don't ever want to cop out and justify my lack of success with some external factors, but in some cases it's nearly impossible not to (bad ratios, weekend warriors, overbearingly loud music, expensive...) . I have enough hookups in this city that I can get into the more high end/exclusive clubs like Teddy's, Drai's (not so exclusive anymore), Voyeur (that either), Hyde lounge etc without too much of a wait or hassle...but I've had limited success at those types of venues and honestly, it's only so often that I want to put in that much work into getting dressed up and ready to compete with a horde of rich Persian douchebags for whatever 8+ girls might be in attendance. My point is I'm after bang for my buck right now. I work long ass hours and get very little free time, and I'd be curious to hear from other L.A. locals or visitors with success here which venues they had the most success at. Mixx's post about the bulk of his hookups coming from happy hours definitely comes to mind. I go to plenty of happy hours around town (usually 3 times a week) and it is RARE that I see a girl that's 6+ (by my standards) or where there are great girl/guy ratios, another rare thing I see in L.A.

Cheers.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

How old are you?

When I was in LA, I would go to raves in the LA area (do a google search for "raves in LA"). Lots of young white girls (18-21) that are high on extacy to pounch on. Plus, these young chicks don't care if you don't have much money...but I wouldn't recommend this if you are older than 25 b/c you will be the oldest guy there (LOL!).

i've never heard anyone having trouble finding hot chicks in LA. if you are having trouble there you are really screwed.

Fuck Hollywood. Seriously. If I never step foot in that place again I wouldn't care. I think downtown is where it's at now. Less pretentiousness and venues have more character and attract a more interesting set of people.

http://www.213nightlife.com/

I didn't see the Edison in that link, but that's one of the most awesome venues in this city.

Sorry, but girl/guy ratios in this town are universally bad no matter what venue. Can't even recall the last time I've walked in a place and seen more girls than guys.

"i've never heard anyone having trouble finding hot chicks in LA. if you are having trouble there you are really screwed."

He probably has "impossibly high" standards of a jaded guy.

Plus, his question has already been answered. There are Los Angeles venue threads already on this board. He just needs to search.

However, to be fair, there is something about LA that tends to get people jaded after living there for a while. The bad traffic, the fake people, the expensive COL, who knows...I sure was tired of living there when I left.

Hmm. I was at Drais last month and the ratio and quality was great. I think guys in LA are spoiled a little. I could show you a few pics of DC's nightlife and you would thank GOD you live LA.

My soul feels bruised and battered in LA. I think it's a combination of the bad ratios, the ugly sprawl, the car culture & sprawl, and the LA attitudes. I kind of consider it a logistical depot station at this point.

This thread is unsettling to me. Mainly because i'm actually considering relocating there. So you guys are saying LA is wack? Is this a prank thread?

Quote: (01-24-2011 05:15 PM)rakishness Wrote:  

This thread is unsettling to me. Mainly because i'm actually considering relocating there. So you guys are saying LA is wack? Is this a prank thread?

It's not wack. Certain aspects of the Hollywood scene are wack IMO, but obviously many love it. Just go and find out for yourself.

I went to Drais on a Wednesday last month. It was great. I can't even imagine how it would be in the summer.

Wednesday night

I'd love to party with models every wednesday night in the middle of winter!

Okay, so I guess I'm a little jaded. I'm 29. I've done the Hollywood party thing a lot. A *lot*. That clip of Drai's is nice and all. You should see the summer pool parties there. Social status is huge here. If you can name it, I've been there. If you can imagine going to Vegas twice a week and that's your thing, great, come to Hollywood. Personally, that's not me, that shit's cool once every couple months. My original post may have been a bit of a rant, so if I had to summarize it, it would basically be, "Is there a best venue for happy hour pickups statistically?" I'm not looking for club chicks. I wake up at 5 A.M. for work and I'm not looking to hit up Playhouse, Kress, or any other ghetto B.S. spot after midnight to find some plastic Persian whore that's already dealing with 4 d-bags hitting on her. My game is not at the level it should be (working on it), nor do I drive a Maserati or ever, ever, get bottle service. I see no reason to drop several thousand dollars for a table and a bottle of the goose at a top tier club when I'm already getting laid, but it's definitely not with the 9+ girls.

Yes, it's L.A. There are beautiful girls everywhere. I cold approach on a weekly basis (working on daily, but again, that work thing...) and have 4 solid prospects, 1 already banging, another off/on again banging. I've got 6 months left til I hit 30, and I'm trying to make them count...I realize the answer is probably just, "approach everywhere", but for the sake of considering the importance of venue, I started this thread.

213 venues are great because they're my favorite places to hang out. They have substance and class, which is why I rarely see hot girls there. L.A. girls want flash and status, like SBE venues, Colony, Hyde, etc. Edison and 7 Grand are probably the best venues for pulling downtown, at least that I know of.

Anyone looking to move here: establish some status, lie if you have to, seems like that's what almost everyone does. Sometimes I wish to god I was a casting or modeling agent. Actresses and models here will do *anything* to advance their career, and I know this from personal experience.

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

All my bitching aside, it seems the Tar Pits on La Brea is pretty solid for happy hour...walked in at 7 P.M. in the middle of last week and 6 very bangeable girls at the bar, no dudes in sight. Yes, I approached...

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Quote: (01-25-2011 12:37 AM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

All my bitching aside, it seems the Tar Pits on La Brea is pretty solid for happy hour...walked in at 7 P.M. in the middle of last week and 6 very bangeable girls at the bar, no dudes in sight. Yes, I approached...

Have you checked out The Arsenal on Pico Blvd just west of the 405? Haven't been there in awhile but they have a decent happy hour. No Hollywood B.S. either.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-arsenal-los-angeles-2

Also if you walk along the streets adjacent to the 3rd street promenade in Santa Monica there's lot of pub type places that I'm sure have decent happy hours.

Quote: (01-25-2011 12:35 AM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Okay, so I guess I'm a little jaded. I'm 29. I've done the Hollywood party thing a lot. A *lot*. That clip of Drai's is nice and all. You should see the summer pool parties there. Social status is huge here. If you can name it, I've been there. If you can imagine going to Vegas twice a week and that's your thing, great, come to Hollywood. Personally, that's not me, that shit's cool once every couple months. My original post may have been a bit of a rant, so if I had to summarize it, it would basically be, "Is there a best venue for happy hour pickups statistically?" I'm not looking for club chicks. I wake up at 5 A.M. for work and I'm not looking to hit up Playhouse, Kress, or any other ghetto B.S. spot after midnight to find some plastic Persian whore that's already dealing with 4 d-bags hitting on her. My game is not at the level it should be (working on it), nor do I drive a Maserati or ever, ever, get bottle service. I see no reason to drop several thousand dollars for a table and a bottle of the goose at a top tier club when I'm already getting laid, but it's definitely not with the 9+ girls.

Yes, it's L.A. There are beautiful girls everywhere. I cold approach on a weekly basis (working on daily, but again, that work thing...) and have 4 solid prospects, 1 already banging, another off/on again banging. I've got 6 months left til I hit 30, and I'm trying to make them count...I realize the answer is probably just, "approach everywhere", but for the sake of considering the importance of venue, I started this thread.

213 venues are great because they're my favorite places to hang out. They have substance and class, which is why I rarely see hot girls there. L.A. girls want flash and status, like SBE venues, Colony, Hyde, etc. Edison and 7 Grand are probably the best venues for pulling downtown, at least that I know of.

Anyone looking to move here: establish some status, lie if you have to, seems like that's what almost everyone does. Sometimes I wish to god I was a casting or modeling agent. Actresses and models here will do *anything* to advance their career, and I know this from personal experience.

Those 7s and 8s you're smashing in LA would put a 9 in DC to shame. I really can't wait to go back! Btw have you tried the westwood area? I heard south and Q's are good. If you're sick of the whole hollywood thing maybe you should try there.

Rakish-
I was just thinking about it last night, and L.A. has been horrible for my game. Why? I feel douchey saying this, but I'm a halfway decent looking guy, chef for living, play an instrument, somewhat smart, witty, whatever. If you're even remotely attractive to girls here, they'll fall in your lap, my rate is about once every few months. Because of this, I've done very little approaching, so my approach game sucks, hard. Yet the longest I've ever gone without a bang over the last 11 years is a month (I also tend to hang around girls longer than I should for the regular sex instead of going for more notches) My notches from girls falling in my lap far outweigh notches where I took initiative and approached first, though over the last few months that's changing.
I'd say most girls I've banged are in the 7 range, but when I look on that other thread, "What do you guys consider a 10" I laugh, because I see girls like that on pretty much a weekly basis. So my 7s may indeed be 8-8.5 in other parts of the country. And my standards are definitely ridiculously high after 10 years here. That part of the game about the occasional fatty just to keep in practice? Yeah, no thanks, haven't needed it thus far and don't see it happening. I want to believe that I can get the dimes I see about once a week, but I swear to god about 80% of the time they're with some trust-fund baby model-type in an M5, Maserati, Bentley, etc... What I also really want to do is roll with Mixx or Roosh at Skybar, Trousdale, or Teddys on a Saturday night and see how they do...When I go to those places, I don't see a lot of game being thrown by anyone, so it's hard to watch and learn. I see a lot of posers lying about their status and girls blowing them off, and then legit actors, B-list or above, actually getting those same 9-plusses.

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Also, been meaning to try more college hangouts...between USC and UCLA (westwood) there has to be some decent opportunities out there...

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

I think living in DC for the past 3 years has improved my game. Hot women here aren't a dime a dozen like they are in LA. I've seen fat fuglies getting approached at bars here. Women here can get away with alot more BS than they can in LA. Then there is the winter..which is just brutal.

Quote: (01-25-2011 07:54 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Also, been meaning to try more college hangouts...between USC and UCLA (westwood) there has to be some decent opportunities out there...
Yea.. try it out. Even here in DC I always need to switch it up. Mcfaddens in DC is a college hangout with easy college chicks.

Like any city, LA has its unique angle that you have to hit it from. Your main difference here is that, as has been noted, your 7 might be an 8 or 8.5 elsewhere. LA is basically an All-Star Team city. Every small town in the Midwest basically sends their best two or three chicks here (because those girls come here thinking they can "make it"). (In fact, I met two such girls yesterday--from St. Louis--at a local museum.) As a consequence, it has a higher number of young, hot chicks than your average city. Having said that, your sausage competition might be stiffer for similar reasons. But, chicks that were used to being the prettiest girl in town, and the homecoming queen at school, might just be another decent-looking hottie in ugg boots and a jean skirt.

A lot of guys go only to the trendy spots in LA, with the actress- and model-types (Hollywood etc.), drool over the hot chicks and get frustrated when their shit lands flat--understandably, because those places suck major-league dick 99.9 percent of the time. If you want to hit on the top-shelf material, you have to deal with the annoyances of that market (roid monkeys, gold-diggers, status-seekers, Persian/Armenian douchebags, pretty boys). But that's not your only option. Another aspect of Los Angeles is its incredible diversity with respect to chick-types. The range is absolutely staggering.

The grass is always greener, I understand. Whenever I visit the East Coast, I want to rush home and pack my shit and move there immediately. For some reason, the fish are always biting on my line there. But that shit is purely psychological, since there are guys all over this board complaining about places like Boston and NYC and singing the praises of LA, saying pretty much the opposite.

In the end, guys that are frustrated with LA (or NYC for that matter) are just not marketing themselves properly or aren't hitting the right regions or venues or demographics. Sure, you might be slightly more desirable in one area because of exoticness or scarcity, but in the end, you can probably render that difference pretty negligible with some air-tight inner-game.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

"A lot of guys go only to the trendy spots in LA, with the actress- and model-types (Hollywood etc.), drool over the hot chicks and get frustrated when their shit lands flat--understandably, because those places suck major-league dick 99.9 percent of the time. If you want to hit on the top-shelf material, you have to deal with the annoyances of that market (roid monkeys, gold-diggers, status-seekers, Persian/Armenian douchebags, pretty boys). "

LOL!

What you say above is so true. So many dudes come to LA and drool over the hot chicks and (understandably) get frustrated when things don't go according to plan. My thinking is this: Those chicks sometimes even turn down celebrities, so don't get bent out of shape if they turn you down.

However, my main gripe with LA isn't the women, it is the cost of living. I couldn't continue to pay a large portion of my check just to stay in LA. I'd rather live in an area with a reasonable # of cute girls (any college town with a big university satisfies this usually) and a low or moderate cost of living.

Quote: (01-27-2011 08:25 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Like any city, LA has its unique angle that you have to hit it from. Your main difference here is that, as has been noted, your 7 might be an 8 or 8.5 elsewhere. LA is basically an All-Star Team city. Every small town in the Midwest basically sends their best two or three chicks here (because those girls come here thinking they can "make it"). (In fact, I met two such girls yesterday--from St. Louis--at a local museum.) As a consequence, it has a higher number of young, hot chicks than your average city. Having said that, your sausage competition might be stiffer for similar reasons. But, chicks that were used to being the prettiest girl in town, and the homecoming queen at school, might just be another decent-looking hottie in ugg boots and a jean skirt.

A lot of guys go only to the trendy spots in LA, with the actress- and model-types (Hollywood etc.), drool over the hot chicks and get frustrated when their shit lands flat--understandably, because those places suck major-league dick 99.9 percent of the time. If you want to hit on the top-shelf material, you have to deal with the annoyances of that market (roid monkeys, gold-diggers, status-seekers, Persian/Armenian douchebags, pretty boys). But that's not your only option. Another aspect of Los Angeles is its incredible diversity with respect to chick-types. The range is absolutely staggering.

The grass is always greener, I understand. Whenever I visit the East Coast, I want to rush home and pack my shit and move there immediately. For some reason, the fish are always biting on my line there. But that shit is purely psychological, since there are guys all over this board complaining about places like Boston and NYC and singing the praises of LA, saying pretty much the opposite.

In the end, guys that are frustrated with LA (or NYC for that matter) are just not marketing themselves properly or aren't hitting the right regions or venues or demographics. Sure, you might be slightly more desirable in one area because of exoticness or scarcity, but in the end, you can probably render that difference pretty negligible with some air-tight inner-game.

Agree with 100% of this post. Especially about the snapshot description of the clubbing scene...

I really just want to see a qualified L.A. based PUA's spreadsheet detailing most successful bangs, from which venue, at what time, HB factor, etc etc...but I'm probably just getting too caught up in the details and I should just compile that information for myself. I think I might need to change careers...

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Good post. It seems like people from LA hate Hollywood while tourists like me love it. I had blast when I was there.

If you are considering actually leaving sunny socal for the east coast I suggest you reconsider. Winters aren't conducive to gaming.

Quote: (01-29-2011 01:22 PM)rakishness Wrote:  

Good post. It seems like people from LA hate Hollywood while tourists like me love it. I had blast when I was there.

If you are considering actually leaving sunny socal for the east coast I suggest you reconsider. Winters aren't conducive to gaming.

I would probably never move anywhere else within the U.S. I've done a fair amount of travelling within the states, but not outside (would never ever move to the east coast or pacific nw). I've lived in L.A. for 10 years but socal my whole life (29 years) and I think this is my last year. Over it. I would recommend it to others, I have no bitterness or resentment, but that's a long time in one spot

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Quote: (01-29-2011 08:34 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

I would probably never move anywhere else within the U.S. I've done a fair amount of travelling within the states, but not outside (would never ever move to the east coast or pacific nw). I've lived in L.A. for 10 years but socal my whole life (29 years) and I think this is my last year. Over it. I would recommend it to others, I have no bitterness or resentment, but that's a long time in one spot

I often wonder how long I'll be here. Sometimes I feel like I'm over it too. Difference for me though is that I've lived here my whole life and have friends here that I've had since elementary school. I'd have to have to uproot and build a whole new social circle somewhere else. And long time friends like that are pretty much irreplaceable.

Then the second matter is I look out there and wonder if I did move, where would I move to? If l leave, I'd have to be sure it's not a lateral move, but a genuine upgrade in lifestyle. A place like NYC might be cool, but the cost of living is a major turnoff. I don't have a city in mind that is jumping out at me beckoning my arrival, not yet anyway.

I gotta ask: I used to live in Los Angeles, and the heavily Latino culture there inspired me to cut out the middleman and just move south of the border. I always wanted to check out the east LA nightclub scene, and few times I went to a couple of places with hot Latina waitresses in miniskirts, with reggaeton blasting in the background. Nobody spoke English, and my Spanish was not up to par in those days, so I was a little intimidated. There was one place in Echo Park I liked a lot called The Gold Room that had that kind of vibe too, but I'm sure that the place is overrun by hipsters now. But a few years ago, there was free tacos and beer specials every Dodgers homegame, and the waitresses were fun girls.

Anyway, this is a long-winded way of asking: anyone know of any good places full of Latinas in Los Angeles? I'm talking as far away from Hollywood bitches as you can get.

Quote: (02-07-2011 08:15 PM)Ajiaco Wrote:  

Anyway, this is a long-winded way of asking: anyone know of any good places full of Latinas in Los Angeles? I'm talking as far away from Hollywood bitches as you can get.

Its funny you said that because I was in Hollywood back in December and I saw more gorgeous Latinas in one night then I've seen in 3 + years in DC. I went to Drais one night and Colony another. Check out the latin girl towards the end of this video from Drais. Damn!