rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

10 Places to Go While They Are Still Cheap: 2014 Edition
0 Places to Go While They Are Still Cheap: 2014 Edition
I have either been to or lived in all of these places other than India (for obvious reasons) and Nicaragua.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/smartertra...10515.html

I will be going to Nicaragua this summer.
Other end of the scale - 10 World's Most Overpriced Travel Destinations.

I have either been to or lived in every single one of these places without exception.

http://www.smartertravel.com/photo-galle...tml?id=664
Seems like this forum is years ahead of these websites. The countries that are expected to become more expensive have been touted highly in the 'Travel' section for ages as places to "meet" local women.
I have lived in Nicaragua, briefly. I really enjoyed it. The people are nice. It's very safe, except Managua at certain times/locations. It's cheap too - for example, a beer cost $1, and I paid my host family $100/week for room and board, 3 meals per day.

Nicaragua is great - you can even go surfing and adventuring down south near San Juan del Sur, though that's where the fellow gringos hang out. Nicaragua has coffee plantations where you can grab some delicious brew - very fresh and rich.
I think I'll give more weight to Roosh and The G Manifesto's thoughts on Riga, Latvia than I will to those of the author of this article. The overwhelming odds are that the person who wrote this article has never been anywhere near Latvia.
I love Nicaragua, it's like a second home for me, and I've seen more of Nicaragua than most of my Nica friends. That said, what will drive prices in Nica up, if it happens, is the canal. That's the real wild card. Nica is cool, but it doesn't have nearly the natural heritage of Costa Rica, or the money to compete with Costa Rica's investments to cater to rich Gringos. The reason to go to Nicaragua right away is because its natural heritage (Isla Ometepe, for example) is going to be irreparably changed once that canal goes in. The U.S. missed out on a great opportunity to lift Nicaragua out of the third world with all of the national goodwill that would come with that. Now the Chinese are going to do it, with all the rapaciousness and pollution that that typically entails.
The title of this article leads one to believe that we must go there soon before it becomes more expensive. What exactly is going to the Romanian economy to make it an expensive place to visit any time soon?!
Quote: (02-19-2014 02:41 PM)JJ Roberts Wrote:  

I have either been to or lived in all of these places other than India (for obvious reasons) and Nicaragua.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/smartertra...10515.html

I will be going to Nicaragua this summer.

I hate how Riga Latvia might be westernized if it starts grabbing the attention of wetern media, like this outlet. Most countries listed there are still cheap because they're still relatively uncovered by tourists.
They have been saying Nicaragua will be the next Costa Rica since my first visit there in 04', probably even prior. I dont see that realistically happening anytime soon. The infrastructure still isnt there and with Ortega likely in power for the forseeable future and the Eric Volz ordeal hordes of gringoes will not be jumping ship to live there. Sure there will likely be an uptick in backpackers in Nica but nothing that will seriously alter the country until that canal project goes through. When is the expected completion for that?

Nica is still a cheap country to visit and would be cool to post up in long term but the local women leave a lot to be desired with few exceptions.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"