rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Villavicencio, Colombia weekend trip

So I hit up Villavicencio for a weekend with a buddy. It's a small city of about 400,000 people a few hours outside of Bogotá. The weather is around 90 (30C) but not too humid, so while you'll sweat a bit it's nothing intense.

La Zona Rosa is based around the street 7 de agosto, there are a ton of bars, all of which are covered by a roof but are open-air, so you can literally walk down a few streets and just see which bars are good before you step in.

I stayed in a hotel called Cusiana a few blocks from La Zona Rosa, on a street with several hotels. We paid $70 mil (around $45) for a room wtih 2 beds, air conditioning and a little balcony. It had no hot water, but the shower water was actually lukewarm because of the climate.

There are no hostels in Villavicencio, though there are more modest ''hotels'' sprinkled around the city, in gas stations or above restaurants, for instance. I don't know what they cost or offer, but I would assume no AC and less $$$.

The nice hotel in Villavo (nickname for Villavicencio) is Don Lolo. Staying there for 2 nights costs as much as I pay every month for rent, so I avoided it. People not earning their living in Colombian Pesos, however, may not think $200 mil (about $110 US) a night is all that much money. http://www.donlolohotel.com/

There is a mall with an Exito between the street with the hotels and La Zona Rosa. A good spot to day game and get some numbers your first afternoon there.

The girls here are interesting. Here in Bogotá, I will often see girls with nice bodies but unremarkable faces. In Villavicencio, girls with great faces but unremarkable bodies were much more common. There are also much more girls with great bodies AND faces than Bogotá.

Girls on the street aren't much to look at. Girls in malls are nice, though tend a bit young. But out at night is when you see the best ones.

As for race, there are fewer black people here than Bogotá, I'd guess no more than 3% of the population. The people here have much less European influence than people in Bogotá or Medellín too. Much less light hair and eyes than I'm used to in Bogotá.

I would reccomend spending more than a weekend there if you can. 3 or 4 days would be better. Go out to the mall, number crunch, and then make day plans with some of those girls.

People here are not used to gringos. Pretty much everyone I interacted with either told me ''Hey, don't worry, I'm not going to kidnap you'', or ''Hey, you should watch out, you don't want to get kidnapped.''

Coming from Bogotá, weed was a bit hard to find weed here. I had to ask like 4 cigarette vendors before I found one. I didn't see a single rasta here...

As for food, I just ate random stuff mostly, the only restaurant I would reccomend is La Topochera if you have some dough. A normal dish here costs like $25 mil, but it's pretty good if you want the typical Villavicencio experience.

The city itself is pretty standard for a small city in Latin America. I did a semester in college in a city in Mexico of simmilar size, and they seemed very simmilar. Public square with christmas decorations and music, you know the deal. Only difference is I saw more people smoking bazuco here than I did in Mex...

did yall go out to any night clubs?!?

if so can u expand on the environment & responses from girls

Villavicencio girls are known for being extremely easy to lay, but for the stunners, you have to game aggressively. Keep in mind there are better smaller towns to game women, but your Spanish in these places better ne at least intermediate level.

Bogota and surrounding areas is my least favorite in all of Colombia. I was wondering how long I would be able to keep these towns a guarded secret. =)

Mixx

Dash, we didn't go to any ''clubs'' in the fancy sense, all the places we checked out in La Zona Rosa were normal colombian fare, tables and a dance floor type deal, yanno. They're pretty much all the same, and you can see how hot the chicks inside are before even stepping in.

Neither of us got it in there though. I've got a girlfriend, and I'm trying that monogamy thing. Though the girls were in general very receptive to talking with us and seemed pretty easy.

Spanish is a MUST, cause people in Villavo speak pretty unclearly, and if you don't essentially expect what they're gonna say, you'll en up lost cause of how many consonants they eat.

Quote: (12-15-2010 09:06 AM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

I've got a girlfriend, and I'm trying that monogamy thing.

I have no idea how in the world any man can do this and be in Colombia, you my friend, are at a whole other level of self control....wow!

It would be impossible for me to remain faithful in Colombia, believe me I tried with a girl I really liked......I rrreeeaally tried!!! It lasted 4 days and I gave in to the sexual sounds of a Paisa calling me at 3am. [Image: sad.gif]

I felt like Chris Rock in the movie "New Jack City", when he was trying to quit the crack pipe.

I think that would probably be the worst type of torture that exists. Surrounded by beautiful, receptive women eager to bang you. I'd have to leave Colombia...no other way.

Hats off to you for doing it though! [Image: sleepy.gif]

Mixx

"I felt like Chris Rock in the movie "New Jack City", when he was trying to quit the crack pipe."

Ha.

Mixx, thanks for starting my morning off with a good laugh.

Quote: (12-15-2010 11:24 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

Quote: (12-15-2010 09:06 AM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

I've got a girlfriend, and I'm trying that monogamy thing.

I have no idea how in the world any man can do this and be in Colombia, you my friend, are at a whole other level of self control....wow!

There's never a shortage of hot chicks, the trick is finding a girl you WANT to commit to. Much rarer.