rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best place to study abroad khrakiv vs moscow?

I have a choice to study abroad at both places which one is the best and how do the women compare?

First city, is it Krakiv (in Poland; a Ukrainian name for Kraków) or Kharkiv (Ukraine)?

I wonder how expensive Moscow really is.

Of course there are loaded Russian gangsters (politicians) and the places they go, but if you want can you hit up places that aren't terribly expensive in Moscow?

I know that lots of people think NY is crazy expensive before visiting, but there are lots of good deals on great food, drinks, music, etc. if you know where to look.

Quote: (12-14-2010 10:01 AM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

I wonder how expensive Moscow really is.

It depends. If you are ok living in a crappy and small Soviet-era 1BR apartment 30 minutes drive from the closest subway station, and buy your food and clothes on local markets (assuming you speak Russian), it could be quite cheap. If you want to have the same quality of life you have in USA, expect to pay 2-50x more.

Nemisis, what about a more medium lifestyle? Like sharing a modest but nice apt near public transport, going out occasionally, buying local food in broken Russian (assuming you're learning) etc.

Quote: (12-15-2010 09:13 AM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

Nemisis, what about a more medium lifestyle? Like sharing a modest but nice apt near public transport, going out occasionally, buying local food in broken Russian (assuming you're learning) etc.

Going out may be very cheap, local food is cheap but rent is very expensive in Moscow. Think Manhattan prices and room sizes. A nice by Western definition one room apartment (studio) near subway in a safe area alone would cost you around $1.5-3K a month or even more.

Note that most Russian apartments do not have living rooms, only bedrooms. And the kitchen is quite small. So the apartments are quoted by the number of total rooms (i.e. 2 rooms), which means it has only two rooms total, not 2 bedrooms AND living room. Those two rooms may be separate bedrooms, or one of them may be walk-through.