rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Australia

Australia

Anyone have the intel about Oz?

I know the women aren't much to look at in general, but people seem to enjoy the quality of life down there.

Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Australia

subutai,

I have been once. Place is dope as hell. I am not really sure why it gets a bad rap on here.

I guess it all depends on what you like.

Here is how I see it:

Insane natural beauty
Breathtaking coastline, and I mean breathtaking (makes a mockery of Southern California)
Epic waves (side note: I have never heard anyone that surfs give Australia a bad rap)
Cool People
Excellent food
Great psychotic nightlife
Good Architecture/ History
Great weather
Underrated girls (I was in the dopest clubs in Sydney and the girls are fly as hell. Maybe if one goes to wack spots, the girls would be unimpressive. There are lots of mixes too; Half Aussie/ Half Lebanese, Half Aussie/ Half Italian, Half Aussie/ Half Spanish).
Girls from all over the world (Met a super fly rich Mexicana and Colombiana there. Some other international girls that are escaping me at the moment).
Strong Economy
Money
Plenty of Drugs and I think lax laws (do your own research on this one though).
Late closing times
Lax smoking laws
Good geographic base for travel on that side of the world.

Downsides:
Kind of Spendoid (might be the reason it gets a bad rap)

I have only been to Sydney and Canberra, so I really just scratched the surface. The potential of the place is mindblowing in my eyes. I think I added some info on previous threads.

As a point of reference, I would say Sydney is like San Diego X 10.

I wrote this when I got back: How to Swoop Girls and Influence People (Australia Style)
http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2007/09/how...eople.html

Australia

Thanks G. You have me kind of excited about the place now.

Can you break it down more about the "underrated girls" as well as how many international (European) girls one can run into an average night out in Sydney vs say, LA or San Diego?

What kind of points did being a smooth cat with a Yank accent from LA get ya?

Australia

Subatai,

I lived in Perth on the west coast for 4 months. Beautiful women everywhere. They love American accents. Because the East Coast has all the major cities and it's a 5 hr flight to get to Perth, not many people go there, so it's a big city where people are happy to meet a foreigner. People say the girls aren't hot there in Australia but my experience says Perth at least has a lot of stunners.

Australia

subutai,

Kind of hard to compare, because you meet international girls in LA and to a lesser extent in san diego also.

Sydney is an International hub, so you are going to get mad foreign girls. I guess before going I thought it was going to be all Aussie white girls. It's definitely not.

Another thing I forgot: tons of Asian girls in Sydney.

I don't have a lot of insight for you on that front though, as I didn't try to swoop any.

I didn't think being American was any real noticeable advantage. As Fisto said, having an American accent was an advantage in Perth and I believe that for sure. Sydney is a different deal. They have already seen it all.

I wish I went to Perth and Melbourne also. I had a good friend I met while surfing in Spain from Perth that was the G there. Lost contact with him though.

Australia

Just got back from there... Don't have time right now, but I agree with G in general, quality of life there is some of the best I've ever seen in the world, and the women are underrated...

Australia

Quote: (12-14-2010 12:17 AM)Fisto Wrote:  

Subatai,

I lived in Perth on the west coast for 4 months. Beautiful women everywhere. They love American accents. Because the East Coast has all the major cities and it's a 5 hr flight to get to Perth, not many people go there, so it's a big city where people are happy to meet a foreigner. People say the girls aren't hot there in Australia but my experience says Perth at least has a lot of stunners.

Lived in Perth too for a year... I've traveled all around that country and in my mind, that's THE best city. Most down to earth people you'll ever meet. Aussie women seemed similar to American women for me. I've lived in downtown Chicago and there were a crap ton more hotties in that city.

Everything that G said about the nature is spot on. In fact, you might get disappointed to ANY other beach you go to after experiencing the beauty in Australia. Best beaches in the country are in the Whitsunday Islands - it's like something out of a movie. The great thing with that country is once you're there, all the amazing nature to see is pretty much all free.

DEF recommend going...

Australia

I live in Perth.

Having traveled more than most, I will live in Australia from the looks of it. Standard of living and quality of life is very high, the people are good, very few social issues. I would actually challenge anyone to try a find a better quality of life or standard of living for the run of the mill middle class anywhere in the world.

The women are under rated. They are not Eastern European women, but they are not far behind. Also its very mutli cultural. Everyone wants to live here it seems. The problem is that like any western country, obesity is a bit of a problem and the women here drink hard too.

Australia

Quote: (12-14-2010 09:10 PM)Whoremonger Wrote:  

The women are under rated. They are not Eastern European women, but they are not far behind. Also its very mutli cultural.

When I was there, I met a TON of Singaporeans studying there. In fact, 1/2 my friends were from Singapore.

Australia

I live in Perth.

Having traveled more than most, I will live in Australia from the looks of it. Standard of living and quality of life is very high, the people are good, very few social issues. I would actually challenge anyone to try a find a better quality of life or standard of living for the run of the mill middle class anywhere in the world.

The women are under rated. They are not Eastern European women, but they are not far behind. Also its very mutli cultural. Everyone wants to live here it seems. The problem is that like any western country, obesity is a bit of a problem and the women here drink hard too.

Hey Whoremonger,

What's the cost of living in Perth, and is it tough to 'escape' from Perth for trips to Eastern Europe given its distance and relative 'isolation' on the West Coast over there?

Thanks!

Australia

A lot of asian women here. Even better, the half asian half other aussie immigrant. [Image: smile.gif] Dont know what it is about Asian women, but a dash of anything in them and the result is often flat out 9's. There are also large Italian, Greek and Croatian communities out here. One of the most common questions people will often ask is "where are your parents from"

Australia

Actually, I'm more in EE girls, or secondarily, Western European girls. My personal favorites.

Anglo women are unfortunately, my least favorite.

Australia

Quote: (12-14-2010 09:16 PM)subutai Wrote:  

I live in Perth.

Hey Whoremonger,

What's the cost of living in Perth, and is it tough to 'escape' from Perth for trips to Eastern Europe given its distance and relative 'isolation' on the West Coast over there?

Thanks!

Cost of living is high, but its not ridiculous. Housing and cars are expensive, but everything else is fairly priced when you look at what you earn. The Aussie dollar pretty much averages about 90cents to the US dollar, but the average salary here is 60k a year. Minimum wage is $18, and waiting tables would see you make 25 bucks an hour. Labor in a construction yard is going to pay 70k a year, with very little unemployment. Unemployment rates in Perth are under 5%, and this is a welfare state that pays the dole if you are unemployed.

So pulling 100k a year here is quite easy, and if you are making anything over 120k a year you dont worry about much at all. You have money to burn.

The fact that we earn so much and the currency is normally quite strong makes travel very cheap. FLights are a killer because Australia is remote, but its easy to save and the Aussie dollar goes far.

Perth has its advantages being so close to Asia too. I can go to Bali for 5 days and its a 3 hour flight. So cheap 1000 bucks covers everything. Thailand is only 4.5 hours. Europe is a bit further obviously, but does not feel that expensive when we travel.

I always wondered why I bumped into Aussies everywhere I went when I travel. I know why now. They not only get the time off, their standard of living is so high they can afford to travel more than most

Perths biggest disadvantage is that it is remote. Its a 5 hour flight to Sydney and Melbourne, 6 hours to Brisbane. We are closer to Singapore and Malaysia in travel time. Saying that, in the 3.5 years I have lived here I have been to every single major capital city in Aus but Darwin. Travel for work mostly, but also just to see it. Perth is small with only 1.5 million people and tends to be a bit quiet at times, but I cant see myself leaving it. Melbourne and Sydney are awesome, Sydney being a world city these days, but they can keep it. Quite happy here.

Australia

Whoremonger, I was in Freo during my time there, I thought it was great and ran through a lot of waitresses. I also went to Bali for a week and had a blast.

You wouldn't have happened to have heard of a guy named Soa Paleilei would you?

Australia

I have been to australia on this trip. I was there maybe 6 months ago.

Could not wait to leave.

I liked oz when I used to live there 15 years ago but the place has changed for the worse sadly.

There is no value left in terms of cost of living. It has become one of the most expensive places on the planet.

Never seen so many haters and psychos when it comes to bar gaming. I have had people swearing at me, friends literally throwing themselves in between me and girls for even just saying 'hello'.

The bar scene has turned into a nanny state due to the fines that bars get for anyone intoxicated on the premises.

I have been refused access to bars for having had 'too many' when I havent actually drunk anything that day. My cousin (who lives there) was thrown out of a bar because he had 'been there a while'.

I actually saw a sign in a bar that said 'anybody approaching intoxicatation will be asked to leave'. Erm, you are ''approaching intoxication'' after you have taken your first sip of your first drink.

My advice would be to steer well clear unless you like paying $10 for a beer and then being thrown out when you attempt to speak to a woman.

Australia

You need to put it into perspective. Local purchasing power is also one of the highest in the world. 7 bucks a beer is not much bro, and I dont know where you were paying 10. Its an expensive place to visit no doubt, but so is Sweden, and the cost of living is measured on local wages, not foreign. You are going to pay more for a beer or a meal. Waiters earn 25 bucks an hour, they dont live off tips. Goods in stores will cost you more, retail pays minimum wage and thats about 20 bucks depending on age. Shit is expensive to you because wages are high here. For Aussies? They complain its expensive, but they also live in the biggest homes in the world, have welfare and medicare, public transport, safety, wide open spaces, good wages, low unemployment.

Likewise being kicked for trying to talk to women? WTF? Aussie women are approachable and friendly. Fuck, Aussies in general are friendly. Not saying it did not happen, just surprised it happened. Who the hell were you hanging out with? As for not being allowed into bars? You need chicks with you sometimes. If its a sausage fest in there they stop men from going in. Either using shoes as an excuse or saying you had to much to drink. Its called face control bro, happens all over the world!

As for the zero tolerance policy to drinking? WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Im proud to say that I live in a country where getting pissed is a national pass time. I cant believe you battled to have a few drinks here.

Guess its not for everyone though. Each to his own

Australia

It's only recently that Oz is super expensive... it's currency has maintained while the US and Euro have declined.

I did find it expensive. I went out regularly in Brisbane, Sydney and the Whitsundays, and I didn't find the bars or security any stricter than your average US city.

Australia

Hey Fisto, dont know him bud.

Freo is pretty cool though, although I spend more time in Northbridge

Australia

I went to Australia back in the day. It sucks to hear things have changed possibly for the worse. I have skills that would allow me to get a job there but the cost of living is too high. Me and my friends went to Bundaberg of all places and still hooked up. Another group went to Brisbane and had better trip reports. I swooped a bit w/ a British cat in Europe. He spent 3 months traveling the coast and told some crazy fucking stories of the hostels. I swooped some hot aussie chicks in the club of the Generator Hostel in London. Shit, every 3-4 days it was different group. They do dig a U.S. accent, especially if your from the south.

Australia

How much of a bump these days does having an American accent get you? I did an exchange thing when I was in middle school in a Sydney suburb back in 97' and remember my american accent being a big deal.

I had that american stereotype thing going on where everyone wanted to ask me stupid questions about the place non-stop. Mind you this was pre youtube days so things probably have changed a lot. Girls were definately more interested.

Reminded me later on in college of a guy from the Gold Coast who went to my college and cashed in on "that zany aussie" stereotype. Plowed his way threw a few sororities before returning home never to be seen again.

Wonder what it would be like to head back at a whore chasing age instead of as a prepubescent.

Australia

gamnifesto,

When did you head out here? I don't consider the smoking laws too lax.

From 1 July 2009, smoking in a car with a child under the age of 16 is against the law.

From 7 January 2013, smoking is banned within 10 m of children's play equipment, in open areas of public swimming pools, at major sports grounds, within 4 m of any building open to the public and at public transport stops (including outdoor parts of railway stations, bus stops, light rail stops and taxi ranks).

Maybe I don't appreciate the country because I've been here my whole life, but unless you love nature/surfing and sparsely populated areas, I wouldn't bother.

Australia

Im interested on how they feel about Black Americans in Australia, moreso Perth. I want to hit it up Jan 2015 when its their Summer.

Australia

Quote: (05-31-2014 11:10 AM)gjauguste Wrote:  

Im interested on how they feel about Black Americans in Australia, moreso Perth. I want to hit it up Jan 2015 when its their Summer.

Oz is a bruh-friendly country. Anywhere is good, but it's pricey now.

Australia

You'll be fine. Although I haven't been to Perth since 2010, you'll have exotic capital there with your background. Girls are pretty open minded here.

Australia

I had a black (English) friend who did very well in Sydney. He was pretty preppy though - rugby playing, good shape, polo shirts, khakei shorts kinda guy. Just black enough to be 'exciting', but not black enough to be 'ghetto' was how the girls described him.

Perth is soul crushingly expensive though, be prepared for that. Expect $15USD for a beer, $50USD cover into clubs. Its got so many FIFO (fly-in, fly-out) guys working in the mines that prices are all out of whack.