rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New Year's in Punta Del Este -- Two Q's

Yo guys,

I'm gonna be in Uruguay for the next few days, and I'm thinking of heading to Punta del Este for New Year's Eve. I have two questions:

1) What is there to do in PDE? I don't have any local contacts.

2) Should I pack a suit? I plan on being on the beach most other days, but I'm not sure what the vibe is in PDE.

You didn't read Dead Bat did you? I was in Punta del Este for New Years. It's a very snobby scene and the clubs are mobbed. They're hard to get into. Girls who come are usually in big groups. I'd aim for the low hanging fruit.

^ Yeah. I was faced with a similar decision a few years ago - stay in Buenos Aires for NYE or take the ferry to Uruguay to party in PDE. Two of my friends went with the latter, while I stayed in BsAs - getting one of my most epic flags with an Aussie chick I pulled out of a party.

My friends who went to PDE didn't get any flags and described PDE the same way Roosh has. They also spent quite a bit of money because accommodations at a reasonable price are hard to come by. PDE is where the upper class Brazilians, Uruguayans, and Argentines go to see and be seen. Social circle is key.

NYE in BA is pretty sweet if you can roll with a group, if you can get on a roof top deck the entire city has all of these unauthorized fire works going off (I was in Palermo). Its dope and the girls are down to party to the wee hours...

Went to PDE a few days later via flight from BA (super quick vs 10 hr bus ride w/ferry)...the hotel accommodations are very expensive but you can find a hostel there that is more affordable. Some of the best looking chicks I have seen besides Miami IMO. I didn't find it quite as stuffy as the above gents did...enjoy the beach.

One thing I noticed in BA and PDE which is probably just the culture in general is that the girls don't binge drink like they do in the US so don't be that guy who is too wasted.

Food was amazing (beef/ceviche/wine), I would recommend it if you have time...and take the flight if you can afford it, the bus/ferry trip was way to long on the way back (you will lose one whole day).

Quote: (12-27-2013 03:50 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

You didn't read Dead Bat did you? I was in Punta del Este for New Years. It's a very snobby scene and the clubs are mobbed. They're hard to get into. Girls who come are usually in big groups. I'd aim for the low hanging fruit.

Nope, I don't do much reading for pleasure these days. Thanks for the tips. Doesn't sound like my kind of place then.

Quote: (12-27-2013 03:59 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

My friends who went to PDE didn't get any flags and described PDE the same way Roosh has. They also spent quite a bit of money because accommodations at a reasonable price are hard to come by. PDE is where the upper class Brazilians, Uruguayans, and Argentines go to see and be seen. Social circle is key.

Money's not an issue these days, but I was afraid of the social circle thing. Traveling is magnitudes better when you have local friends, and I imagine this is especially true when everyone wants to be exclusive. I don't really like the Porteño arrogance so I'm not looking to make Argie friends just to get into the right spots.

Quote: (12-27-2013 04:24 PM)mr greenleaf Wrote:  

Food was amazing (beef/ceviche/wine), I would recommend it if you have time...and take the flight if you can afford it, the bus/ferry trip was way to long on the way back (you will lose one whole day).

Sounds like flights are where it's at. Thanks for the heads up.